FM13: Neal Maupay.

f0rmat

Neal Maupay

Striker

OGC Nice League 1

tyaxp.png

Bought for £12.5m from OGC Nice in 2014. I'd had my eye on him for quite a while, and whilst I was a little reluctant to pay that much, he's repayed it in full so far. What a monster.

With amazing physicals, good mentals and decent technical skills, he's got everything to become a world class striker. Even without any aerial presence he can still score a few headers due to his balance and strength Still got plenty of room to develop too.

His excellent goal-scoring record comes without the help of any PPMs - I'm still trying to figure out which is best for him. Any suggestions?

Highly, highly recommended and I'm quite excited to see him at his peak.

I have him at arsenal in my second save game.

He looks like he will become a beast.... 24 goals in 16 youth team appearances.

However in my main save I tried to sign him for P.S.G and they wouldn't accept a bid of 7.5m after half a season so I promptly said, Good luck you idiots and gave up trying to sign him.

It's ironic... he is 17 now and looks absolutely crap at Nice. I would say under human management this guy becomes a monster but under AI management his potential is sadly not fulfilled.

• 1 month later...

Kind of "off topic", but "real world" Neal Maupay just recently has renewed his contract with OGC Nice, saying that he want to give back to the club that trained him during his youth years. He was actually quite a hot target for several other French clubs, but ended all speculations with this move.

Nice are playing quite nicely in Ligue 1 and are definitly a club to watch this season.

PS: In general, FM2013-Nice is a club with quite a few nice talents for aspiring managers.

I'm Nice on FM, Maupay gets a few games and has scored a few goals. They do have quite a few good young players and I've had a cracking DMC come through. Finished 4th 1st year and won the cup, top in feb of2nd season without many changes.

• 1 month later...

Just did a search for him on my Toon save. Haven't been on this save for a while due to the new patch with the transfer update and I've realised he's in my Under 18s lol. Paid £10.75m for him and hes only 18! Got so many talented youth players atm its hard to see a place for half of them, him included!

He's played for France at youth level, so I'm not sure what he'll choose. French father, Argie Mum. From what I've seen(v.limited) he looks like a bit of a poacher, i'm pretty sure he's never going to have those physical stats(that are shown in the OP) in real life.

Does he always pick France in the game? His decision would have a bearing on whether I sign him or not. But I'll keep my eye on him - perhaps sign him and loan him out, or leave at Nice. Not sure about the AI developing him though.

Next David Gigliotti at the moment

Who haha??

I've just got him for the £1.3m compo in Nov for Monaco. Can't wait to get him in Jan. Looks like he could already push for a few sub appearances and the odd start!

I've managed to get this guy to agree to have talks with me (early December 1st season). does anyone know what kind of wages is hes after? i don't want to **** him off and i dont want to offer a 15 year old £20000 a week.

cheers

This lad is still at Nice on my save in January of 2015 and his contract expires in the summer. I've offered him a contract on a free signing where he'll deputize Stevan Jovetic (I'm Newcastle btw). Looking forward to it. He's still only 18 (he'll be 19 when he joins though) and he still looks very raw but there's enough there to believe I can turn him into something special. 2*CA, 4.5*PA according to my scouts.

He's already been capped by France (only the once). He just accepted my contract. Pleased to have him.

He's off to a good start at my Inter-side to put it mildly!!! Signed him for the future, but 7 injuries means he's my only striker for the next few weeks and likely in the first team for even longer. 6 goals in the last 3 games including a hat trick away against Siena. He had not yet signed a professional contract so I got him for only £1.3m. Gave him a little more money to ensure he would sign.

IEmsWUR.jpg

Edit: I don't know if it's set in the database, but I also noticed his status during games is often "looks professional" which indicates a high rating in professionalism.

He is also light-hearted, evasive and unflappable which means:

Pressure 15-20

Sporting 15-20

Temperament 10-20

Controversy 1-14

Professionalism 15-20

Excellent start for him at Inter! I must give him a go (regular scorer at PSG Reserves for me). Interesting that we both nabbed him for £1.3m compensation in 2012 (I signed him a few days before his 16th birthday) and yet he is on £220 p/w for you and demanded £12.25k p/w from me. Having said that, everybody demands crazy wages just because we are PSG - and I keep ending talks with most because of it. It sounds like he could be a great asset - I am in October 2013 and is valued at £4m before making his senior debut for me - especially given what you said about his professionalism etc.

I game him something like that too.. I think it was around £8k pr week. He will be on that when he turns 17. Just a youth contract for now ;)

I'm playing him as an advanced forward on the left side. Seems to work well with his right foot only - places shoots combo.

Don't change up your system based on my ramblings :) He didn't do well on the right side for me, but I had him in a deeper role then. He might be just as good there though. Let me know how it goes!

Just picked him up for Feyenoord in July 2012 for a compo fee of €1.49mil. I negotiated a €6k salary too, which I'm happy to pay for a promising player who should get some first team action fairly quickly. I just hope I can get him to develop.

Excellent 1st season!! I decided to sell Cassano and Palacio in January due to his form and to clear some wages. Unfortunately I had a lof of injuries so Maupay was basically my only striker the most of the season and he played through it jaded and tired. He was the leading goalscorer in Serie A with 4 games to go when he was sent of against Milan for a reckless challenge and was suspended for the last three games. Thus he lost the top scorer title to Cavani with one goal. He came back well rested though and scored the 89th winner in the Italian cup final in a thrilling 4-3 game.

w7jyov1.jpg

That's excellent stuff! I am December 2013 at PSG and just gave him his debut. As he is valued at £4.5m for me, I am expecting at least 20 goals in Ligue 1 in the half-season he has left, even if he is an unused sub ;) Seriously, I will let you know how he does for me, but that will be some act to match - good work!

P.S. Is there any way we can get a face pic in game for this guy? I have the megapack but he was not in there. If there is a way, hopefully somebody could show how to upload it as an individual addition.

That's excellent stuff! I am December 2013 at PSG and just gave him his debut. As he is valued at £4.5m for me, I am expecting at least 20 goals in Ligue 1 in the half-season he has left, even if he is an unused sub ;) Seriously, I will let you know how he does for me, but that will be some act to match - good work!

P.S. Is there any way we can get a face pic in game for this guy? I have the megapack but he was not in there. If there is a way, hopefully somebody could show how to upload it as an individual addition.

I've got his pic in game, I could upload it for you to download if you wanted?

Thanks mate, if that's easy to do that would be great - but I will probably need idiot instructions on how to get it in my game!

No probs, ill do it tonight and its actually quite easy. Ill send you a PM with the link.

I find he goes on goal droughts a lot (with 5.9-6.0 rating). They usually don't last longer than 5-6 games for me though, but I've been thinking about trying to get him to unlearn 'Places shots' because I have a feeling it's prone to cause droughts.

I find he goes on goal droughts a lot (with 5.9-6.0 rating). They usually don't last longer than 5-6 games for me though, but I've been thinking about trying to get him to unlearn 'Places shots' because I have a feeling it's prone to cause droughts.

How old is he in your save?

Just turned 17, details and picture above ;)

Well, playing for a club like Inter at that age and scoring those goals is excellent. He is very young so goalscoring droughts like that can be expected. Not much people would promote him to the first team so young.

I know, I didn't intend to use him as much but got lots of injuries and he stepped up and I never looked back. So do you think I should let him keep the PPM?

Really up to you. If he is young, it may be good to let him learn a few things. Probably won't harm him.

Archived