The FMCU Forum Quiz - Season 2!

HotChocolate

Okay, if you missed an incredible season 1, here it is: The FMCU Forum Quiz 2012!

The FMCU Forum Quiz - Season 2!

But I think it's time that we got another one going and this time, with a different format. I will do Round 1, then I will let all you lot take over and you can all do a Round each week. 1 Round per week (it doesn't bother me if we end up having like 20 odd weeks due to 20 odd people wanting to do a round, if you feel this could drag on and have another idea, then say and we can look into what is best! One thing we can look at is people joining up, so say me and Nottingham Forest doing 5 questions each for one week) 10 questions which can be about anything.

So in a bullet point form for all you simpletons:

• 1 Round per week.
  • A new quiz master each week.
  • The quiz will finish when everyone has had a turn as quiz master.
  • 10 Questions each week, on anything.
  • 1 Point for every correct answer.
  • League table, just like last time.

Round 1 will go up Thursday 20th September (I am off work that day so it's easy for me) and then we will try and do it every Thursday from then but it doesn't have to be on the Thursday if you can't get the round up, just make sure we aren't waiting days for it. (If people need me to update the league table I will, we'll sort this out when we start discussing everything)

Now obviously, with this being on the internet you could technically cheat but really, what is the point? You're not going to win anything (I know I've just lost a lot of interest :D) apart from pride of knowing you're a know it all, well a very intelligent person is the way I look at it. So don't ruin it and cheat. After all this Quiz is for the enjoyment of the great community we have here! *large crowd cheers in the background*

However there are rules and here are those god forsaken rules:

• No cheating.
  • You have to refer to the person doing the round as the Quiz ****.
  • Don't copy each other's answers.
  • If your pen runs out, tough should have brought a spare.
  • And most of all enjoy it!

Please comment saying you're in and what Round what you want to do, so basically I will list everyone who is in the Quiz here: HotChocolate, SRL88, deltablue, Deisler26, Raware, ri916, SnakeXe, Nobby_McDonald, Lower League Rules, iHeadHunta x, ManUTactician247, hrbfcrule, dafuge, AK22, hursty2, Nobby_McDonald, cplpeters1900, DBurns, rancer890

And here is the Quiz Cocks for each Round:

Round 1: HotChocolate

Round 2: deltablue

Round 3: SRL88

Round 4: Deisler26

Round 5: ri916

Round 6: SnakeXe

Round 7: Nobby_McDonald

Round 8: hrbfcrule

Round 9: ManUTactician247

Round 10: dafuge

Round 11: AK22

Round 12: hursty2

Round 13: Cplpeters1900?

Round 14: DBurns

Round 15: rancer890

Oh and I forgot to mention, sorry for not being around and disappearing (what have I missed!?) but I will be staying around for this Quiz! :D (just note that I now work full time, last time I was on here I was a college student :eek:)

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im in whenever!

Does this mean you want to do a round dude?

If you enter, do you have to make a round? I'd love to answer the questions but would rather not have the responsibility of making the questions for a round. Is that ok?

You don't have to do a round no, you will gain an advantage by doing this though, so I may have start you off with deducted points :D

Does this mean you want to do a round dude?

You don't have to do a round no, you will gain an advantage by doing this though, so I may have start you off with deducted points :D

A disadvantage? I barely didn't finish bottom last time! Ok, fine I'll take round 11 and see how everyone does their go and try and make a decent round :D.

A disadvantage? I barely didn't finish bottom last time! Ok, fine I'll take round 11 and see how everyone does their go and try and make a decent round :D.

You will gain an advantage because you'd answer every round whereas everyone else would answer every round bar one :D

You don't have to do one, I wouldn't deduct points unless you came in the top 3 (which is harsh I know :D)

I didn't take part last time but I'll give it a go this time.

I'm happy to run a round, but I'll have to start/finish at a weekend as I'm pushed for time during the week.

That is fine, like I said so long as we know you will post it and we're not waiting ages for you to even log in it's fine :D

First round will be up this thursday, if I remember :D

I'll go over it in more detail later on but just PM me your answers before a designated date, I will announce the answers/results etc probably the thursday after at which the next Quiz **** will take over, I will update the league table, all I ask of the quiz cocks is to mark up the results, post the answers and results, then I will update the league table and the next person takes over etc, does this make sense? Got any better ideas?

Here is Round 1!

So, PM me your answers and I will get them all marked, I am working next Thursday but I will make sure you lot know when I am going to post the answers (will be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday). I will then release the answers and the results before passing over to the next Quiz **** which is deltablue. When he releases his round you have a week again to answer the questions, deltablue will then release the answers and results of his week and it will go onto SRL88, just remember to keep us updated. If you can't do a week or are going to be late posting the Round just let us know and we will sort something out. Here we go!

1. In which state was the 1999 Ryder Cup held?

2. Noel Gallagher is famously known for supporting which football club?

3. The famous phrase “An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind” originates from who?

4. What was the score between Barcelona and Spartak Moscow this Wednesday?

5. Name 3 cities in England that have a tram/metro network. (London does not count).

6. Victoria Falls is along the boundary of which two countries?

7. In what year was Twitter founded?

8. Which team plays at the Underhill Stadium?

9. Who designed the 2012 London Olympic Opening Ceremony?

10. Danny Garcia is a sportsman in what sport?

Are you wanting people to PM you or us when its our rounds?

Nope, unless you have any questions. You just take over once the last person has posted the results and answers :)

I'll do a round if thats alright?

That's fine, you've got Round 17 if Cplpeters wants to do a round (he did comment before you :D)

I would like to join in as a Quiz ****. Can my quiz questions be based on North America/Asia tho? I don't know **** about anything else. :D

Lots of uneducated guesses here. I'll be at the bottom. :D

So long as we will be able to get the answers if we're clever enough yes that's fine. Putting things like "What is my cat called?" is not allowed!

Archived