10.	rancer890		1	0	2	7	0	10
11.	ManUTactician247	4	0	1	1	3	9
12.	Lower League Rules	2	1	4	--	--	7
13.	Ri916			5	0	2	0	QC	7
14.	iHeadHunta		5	--	--	--	--	5
15.	hursty2			3	0	1	0	--	4
16.	HotChocolate		QC	0	1	0	2	3
17.	ssestig			3	--	--	--	--	3

Dafuge had a really solid week, cementing his place in the top half and keeping in distance of the top spot but he's got the likes of SnakeXe to catch up with who put in an equally solid round after a howler last week.

And HotChocolate is off the bottom!

I've sent Ri some answers, it's up to him whether he wants to count them. Looking at the spoilers after, my girlfriend and I got four right, and also knew the tallest building was in Dubai, but didn't know what it was called.

Thanks for checking my marking, as we both came up with that I assume it's right :)

Nobby McDonald- 4

Quiz Round 6 (Week 7)

1. Who are the top 3 highest goalscorers in Premier League history?

2. Which English King signed the Magna Carta?

3. Name four of the six naturally occurring noble gases

4. Name all David Ginola's English clubs

5. Which is the largest star in the constellation Orion?

6. Name the Danish forward who fired Hellas Verona to the 1984-85 Serie A title

7. Who wrote the song "All Along the Watchtower"?

8. Name the first player to win European Cups with two different sides (hint: the first was with an all-national side - e.g. all Slovakians playing for a Slovakian club - and for the second he was the only non-national in the match day squad)

9. Name the great Soviet-Ukrainian coach who most famously managed Dynamo Kyiv between 1974 and 1990

10. Which invention is Seth Lover most famous for?

Very close with your guess for 8 daf, you're thinking along the right lines but the player you guessed won his first in the same final that the player I'm looking for won his second :thup:

That's a really interesting one, after trying to figure out who the first club might have been, then thought of who might have played for a second CL winning side, the guy I was thinking of guessing surely wouldn't have been the only non-national, so real brain-worker that one.

Sent. At first glance there seemed at least half I'd probably get, and while I knew a few easily, I reckon there were also some 'close but no cigar' moments involved. Had a stab at 8 even though I knew it probably can't be, but spent a lot of time thinking about the other possibilities.

Interested to see your question, Nobby! And surprised so few people have got my one on that subject correct.

DBurns has actually come close to the answer for 10 - I didn't give him the point though, especially as I already gave him the benefit of the doubt on a couple of others.

Interested to see your question, Nobby! And surprised so few people have got my one on that subject correct.

DBurns has actually come close to the answer for 10 - I didn't give him the point though, especially as I already gave him the benefit of the doubt on a couple of others.

I checked it out as soon as I sent in my answers, couldn't believe I got so close to it!

Surely worth a point! :p

Ok I think that's answers from everyone who's still playing!

Answers:

1. Who are the top 3 highest goalscorers in Premier League history?

Alan Shearer, Andrew Cole, Thierry Henry

2. Which English King signed the Magna Carta?

King John

3. Name four of the six naturally occurring noble gases

Any four from Helium, Neon, Argon, Krypton, Xenon, Radon

4. Name all David Ginola's English clubs

Newcastle, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Everton

5. Which is the largest star in the constellation Orion?

Betelgeuse (Rigel is the brightest, but is quite significantly smaller)

6. Name the Danish forward who fired Hellas Verona to the 1984-85 Serie A title

Preben Elkjaer Larsen

7. Who wrote the song "All Along the Watchtower"?

Bob Dylan (although the definitive version is, of course, the Jimi Hendrix one) - incidentally the number of people who got this wrong is truly disgusting, if you haven't heard it get on YouTube and listen to the Hendrix version, it's fantastic

8. Name the first player to win European Cups with two different sides (hint: the first was with an all-national side - e.g. all Slovakians playing for a Slovakian club - and for the second he was the only non-national in the match day squad)

Miodrag Belodedici, the great Romanian libero - the first was with Steaua Bucharest, and the second Crvena Zvezda

9. Name the great Soviet-Ukrainian coach who most famously managed Dynamo Kyiv between 1974 and 1990

Valeriy Lobanovskyi

10. Which invention is Seth Lover most famous for?

The humbucker guitar pickup

Scores:

ri916 - 1

SRL88 - 6

dafuge - 2

ManUTactician247 - 1

deltablue - 4

AK22 - 5

hrbfcrule - 3

Nobby - 2

DBurns - 6

hursty2 - 2

HotChocolate - 0

Deisler26 - 6

rancer890 - 0

Seems I made it slightly too hard - apologies! I really thought 1, 2 and 7 were gimmes.

Comedy Answers:

3. Name how many ****s I give - HotChocolate

4. The entire Calloway's Golf club set, but he threw most of it in the water after a bad round - rancer890

5. Me - Nobby_McDonald

6. Mr Bacon - Deisler26

7. Justin Bieber - Various

9. Andrey Shevchenko's Dad - Nobby_McDonald - actually not far off, Lobanovskyi was a great mentor to Sheva in his second spell in charge of Dynamo and as Ukraine manager

Ivan Alotogames - hrbfcrule

10. Sounds a bit like "Self Lover" so it's got to be the fleshlight - hrbfcrule

Love Eggs - AK22

Condoms - dafuge

Being a pedo (sic) seems to be the rage these days so I will say that - SRL88 Oh dear Mr. Longstaff... :lol:

Sex - ri916

Pos.	Name			R1	R2	R3	R4	R5	R6	Total
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.	DBurns			8	8	5	--	9	6	36
2.	SRL88			8	4	QC	2	8	6	28
3.	Deisler26		9	7	4	QC	--	6	26
4.	AK22			7	3	4	--	6	5	25
5.	hrbfcrule		7	4	3	0	8	3	25
6.	SnakeXe			7	5	6	1	6	QC	25
7.	Nobby_McDonald		5	3	4	2	4	2	20
8.	dafuge			5	1	3	1	7	2	19
9.	deltablue		5	QC	2	0	4	4	15
10.	hursty2			3	0	1	0	4	2	10
11.	ManUTactician247	4	0	1	1	3	1	10
12.	rancer890		1	0	2	7	0	0	10
13.	Ri916			5	0	2	0	QC	1	8
14.	HotChocolate		QC	0	1	0	2	0	3

I just want to make sure everyone knows, I'm not cheating. I really am this bad. SnakXe dropped quite a few places after being the QC. Next week though, it's Nobby's turn (hands up if you're excited)

Archived