The FMCU Forum Quiz - Season 2!

HotChocolate

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 17 Answers

​1) In Fawlty Towers what was the name of Manuel's pet hamster, which was really a rat?

A) Basil

2) What is currently the UK's longest continuous running game show?

A) Countdown

3) Allegro is a musical direction meaning to play how?

A) Lively/Fast

4) What British chocolate company takes its name from its environmental concerns and the high level of cocoa solids it uses?

A) Green & Blacks

5) Which stadium has been the venue for two FIFA World Cup final matches?

A) Estadio Azteca, Mexico City

6) In which city is the Maracana stadium?

A) Rio De Janeiro

7) Who is the only man to captain England whilst playing 3rd. Division football?

A) Ian Botham (played 3rd Div football for Yeovil and Scunthorpe while being captain of England in cricket)

8) The Komodo National Park is famous for its Komodo Dragons. In which country is this park found?

A) Indonesia

9) What is the study of bird eggs called?

A) Oology

10) Which six clubs did Bradford City beat to reach the 2013 Football League Cup Final?

A) Aston Villa, Arsenal, Wigan, Burton, Notts County and Watford

Scores

dafuge - 6

SRL88 - 8

ri916 - 0

ManUTactician247 - 2

SnakeXe - 7

deltablue - 3

AK22 - 6

DBurns - 7

Nobby_McDonald - 5

Deisler26 - 7

Answer of the Round:

From Nobby:

7) Who is the only man to captain England whilst playing 3rd. Division football?

Drew Peacock

Pos.  Name              R1   R2   R3   R4   R5   R6   R7   R8   R9   R10   R11   R12   R13   R14   R15   R16   R17   Total
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1=.   Deisler26         9    7    4    QC   --   6    5    7    8    2     7     7     --    8     7     QC    7     84
1=.   SRL88             8    4    QC   2    8    6    6    5    6    4     4     7     QC    7     4     5     8     84
3.    SnakeXe           7    5    6    1    6    QC   4    4    8    5     4     QC    8     6     5     4     7     80
4.    DBurns            8    8    5    --   9    6    6    7    7    3     --    --    --    7     QC    5     7     78
5=.   hrbfcrule         7    4    3    0    8    3    4    QC   8    4     4     6     4     5     5     3     QC    68
5=.   AK22              7    3    4    --   6    5    2    3    5    5     QC    4     7     3     3     5     6     68
7.    dafuge            5    1    3    1    7    2    1    4    8    QC    3     7     4     3     6     5     6     66
8.    Nobby_McDonald    5    3    4    2    4    2    QC   3    5    4     3     5     5     2     5     5     5     62
9.    deltablue         5    QC   2    0    4    4    3    5    8    3     2     6     4     QC    4     4     3     57
10.   ManUTactician247  4    0    1    1    3    1    0    0    QC   2     1     3     2     2     0     3     2     25
11.   Ri916             5    0    2    0    QC   1    1    1    --   3     1     1     1     --    1     1     0     18
12.   rancer890         1    0    2    7    0    0    --   --   2    1     --    --    --    --    --    --    --    13
13.   hursty2           3    0    1    0    4    2    2    --   --   --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    12
14.   Nottingham Forest --   --   --   --   --   --   1    0    3    4     0     --    --    --    --    --    --    8
15.   HotChocolate      QC   0    1    0    2    0    0    1    --   --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    4

• 2 weeks later...

OK chaps, here we go. Some are easier than last time as I've not had as much time to think up of some evil questions. :mad:

1. Who was known as "The Car Park Champion"?

2. Who were the original regulars on 'A League of Their Own'?

3. Name the seven ancient wonders of the world.

4. Which riders have won the most Tour de France?

5. Which actor has won most Oscars for Best Actor?

6. Which is the only horse to regain the Cheltenham Gold Cup?

7. Which artist was the first to reach number one in the singles, album and download charts in the UK simultaneously?

8. Who were the first team to win automatic promotion to the Football League?

9. Which city hosts the Oktoberfest?

10. How many times have I been relegated in my epic Newcastle Town FM2011 save?

Answers on a postcard or sent to my inbox.

Personally found those bloody difficult! I know I've got 3 right, had a decent guess at some others, and at least attempted some comedy with the rest - although I think the answer to 1 may be the only actually funny one.

1. Who was known as "The Car Park Champion"?

Severiano Ballesteros, the media gave him that name when a miraculous recovery shot was played from an overspill car park to the 16th green in the final round at Royal Lythmn & St Annes.

2. Who were the original regulars on 'A League of Their Own'?

Team captains Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff and Jamie Redknapp, team regulars Georgie Thompson and John Bishop and host James Corden. All five got the point.

3. Name the seven ancient wonders of the world.

Great Pyramid of Giza

Hanging Gardens of Babylon

Statue of Zeus at Olympia

Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

Mausoleum at Halicarnassus

Colossus of Rhodes

Lighthouse of Alexandria

All seven were needed for the point

4. Which riders have won the most Tour de France?

Jacques Anquetil, Miguel Indurain, Bernaud Hinault and Eddy Merckx all won five times. Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven 'titles'.

5. Which actor has won most Oscars for Best Actor?

Daniel Day-Lewis with three.

6. Which is the only horse to regain the Cheltenham Gold Cup?

Kauto Star (2009 and 2011)

7. Which artist was the first to reach number one in the singles, album and download charts in the UK simultaneously?

Sugababes

(It must have been a very quiet week for music)

8. Who were the first team to win automatic promotion to the Football League?

Scarborough (1986/7 with Neil Warnock as Manager)

9. Which city hosts the Oktoberfest?

Munich

10. How many times have I been relegated in my epic Newcastle Town FM2011 save?

Twice (once from the Northern Premier League Premier Division and once from League One)

And the amusing alternative answers I received...

Who was known as "The Car Park Champion"?

Stan Collymore (Snake and Dafuge)

Which is the only horse to regain the Cheltenham Gold Cup?

Tomorrow's Burger (Deltablue)

I reckon that horse was 53% beef.

How many times have I been relegated in my epic Newcastle Town FM2011 save?

To many saves ago so I don't know. 6? (SRL)

It’s my current save!

Archived