Match 13, Group C, Italy vs Croatia, 5 p.m. UTC, 6 p.m. CET

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to this one so much. May be the most important single game of the group stage (in terms of both participants needing it) considering how bad Ireland are and the fact that Spain would be expected to win the group still. Some other big games at this stage but none between two legitimate semi final candidates where the winner is close to through and loser basically out.

ITALY: Buffon - Bonucci, De Rossi, Chiellini - Maggio, Marchisio, Pirlo, Motta, Giaccherini - Balotelli, Cassano

CROATIA: Pletikosa - Srna, Ćorluka, Schildenfeld, Strinić - Rakitić, Vukojević, Modrić, Perišić - Mandžukić, Jelavić

I would love to see Italy lose to Croatia. An Italian friend of mine has been saying that Italy are as good as Spain and Germany etc., so I'd love to see his face if they lose to Croatia. Plus, Jelavic :cool:
Your friend is wrong. And not just for being friends with you. ;)

I wonder if DJ has gotten over his Croatia hate yet...

Guess I can't blame all of them for the antics of one club :D Besides, I always liked Croatia.

Heck, I must be getting soft, the sight of an Italian playing football doesn't instantly fill me with hate anymore, either :D

• SI Staff
Guess I can't blame all of them for the antics of one club :D Besides, I always liked Croatia.

Heck, I must be getting soft, the sight of an Italian playing football doesn't instantly fill me with hate anymore, either :D

They do seem to have slightly less utter arseholes on the pitch.. (eg. Materazzi, Gattuso)

Archived