Closed Thread
Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,800 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Banned
    Originally posted by ajw10: I'd be done with AFC if Coq went on loan!

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Quote Originally Posted by Ter View Post
    If you mean this then we're aware of it as it's been tagged
    That's exactly it, thanks

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

a good thing would be for every individual game to evolve. Basically the game could get boring playing for 10 seasons and just buying players and competing in the same competitions.

I'm thinking that eg:
    A europe super league could form,
    wage caps introduced,
    competitions being re-formatted (like the Uefa cup),
    instead of english reserve teams it changes to B teams (like in spain) and they would play in the lower leagues but not get promoted,
    6+5 rule,

New heads of uefa and fifa elected would bring these in.

Also the credit crunch should be brought into it, so maybe for the first few years you have less fans and money.

Amateur

A press conference when you leave or get sacked from a club.
    all we get now is one little news item.
    there should be waaaay more feedback, as it's a big deal usually.

and also, i saw someone else post something about putting on away attendance figures, as in 'how many of your fans travelled to see your team play.'
    attendance 40,000 (13,000 away fans)...etc

Amateur

My opinions? Well, i'd scrap the 3D Match-engine for a kick-off. I'd also get rid of the press-conference feature. I'd like to see a list of the "richest clubs".

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

You already can see a list of the richest clubs.

Reserves

pre season training options such as training camps for fitness or lucrative marketing tours that have benefits and negatives for each team would be a good idea to implement i think

Amateur

Just a random point. When applying OI's it would be so much easier if we were able to have them pre-saved. By that I mean, at the start of each game, our OI's would be automatically implemented as part of the tactic we're using. So, for example, I would be able to make a tactic where it automatically applies 'show onto weaker foot' for wingers.

Amateur

The ability to load extra leagues whil playing the game, especially though (and I think this is a must) is the ability to load the league from a country if you take over the national team as there manager. This would make it more realistic because more youngsters would be avaliable then for selection and it is frustrating when taking over nations whose league I havent loaded so I think it will be really useful.

Semi Pro

Personally I'd like to see outside events affecting the game, e.g. player kills his grannies to get out of international duty, or running off to Barbados in pre-season and proclaiming he's Jesus. Things like that to make it more like real life.

Amateur

During the last years there has been lots of cases where players born in Germany with Turkish parent can pick both National teams until they are 21. Whenever one of these young prospects approach to their 20s this become a hot media topic. It is all about who will make him play at least 1 minute in their side because after that players can not change their mind. Currently the fuzz is about Mesut Özil of Werder Bremen he currently plays German U21 but he still did not play for senior squad so he can still change his mind until 21 and he is hinting that he may switch to Turkish team if he is offered a place. There are lots of news about it in both Germany and Turkey and obviously lots of pressure on Özil. I would like it if SI could add such cases to media events so if a player has two nations havent been capped yet but has potential to do for both teams then media can speculate which team the player prefers.

Part-Timer

I think the option to withdraw a contract offer from one of your own players would be a nice feature.

Amateur

Reserve teams – to avoid the problems caused by having nations such as Spain and Germany with second teams in the main leagues: We should have the OPTION to treat them either as separate clubs (which hasn't worked at all well this year) OR, as used to be the case, to treat them as regular reserve clubs (which you just can't manage the matches in). This option would have been so much better than what we’ve had this year.

News - to be told the winners of competitions or when managers have been sacked like you used to be in previous versions of the game – maybe make this customisable so you can choose the 'types' of news you want to receive?

Tactics - as has been discussed in other threads, a Wizard for creating tactics. Or at least to help you on your way.

Tactics - the option to 'lock' the sliders for inexperienced gamers so that you and the AI can just have 5 notches rather than 20. This way you could see the obvious effects of changing the settings rather than the minimal changes you'd get from say 6 to 7 in the current system. With it being an option that could be removed in-game, you could remove it when you feel more confident how the various sliders work.

Tactics – This has already been suggested but a change is needed to in-match tactical tweaks. The current system whereby you make the change and it only comes into effect when the ball is out of play is fine for simulating the manager shouting from the touchline. But NOT for substitutions. The game should stop and *then* you make the sub as the situation could have altered by the time the game actually makes the change.
    Last edited by JohMil; 20-01-2009 at 13:39.

Amateur

Again, apologies if its been mentioned but i really would love to see the coaching aspect of the game tweaked with regards to set pieces specifically. I am quite often left dumbfounded by my players decisions on what they do when there's a free kick in certain areas of the pitch. I would love to be able to create a handful of set plays that could be used in-game. Opposition managers of course would cotton on to these the more you use them, leaving you with the constant task of having to devise new ones.

I would also like to "see" the positionings as we used to have in previous versions. ie. i would like to see a visual representation of where my players were at attacking throw-ins, free kicks, corners etc...

Part-Timer

All time top goalscorers for competitions e.g. raul/inzaghi/van nistelrooy not sure who it is for the champions league lol

Part-timer
    Caroline Cheese: 1501: Ben Dirs is now juggling imaginary breasts and shouting \"MELONS\" at me. What\'s all that about? Anyway, round of applause for Dirsy, who\'s off to be a proper journalist for once.

If this has been posted before I apologise in advance.

When you do opposition instructions... you're shown what positions each person on the opposing team is currently at in the formation (DL, MC, etc). Would it be possible to have another column that lists each position they're good at (for the 11 on the pitch and the subs).

It takes more time than I'd like to click each person on the subs, see what their natural/talented positions are then go back and change their instructions.

Part-Timer

Claim Compensation from FA over Injuries sustained in International matches

Part-Timer

search option for the min. release fee, i personnally would find that very useful say at the start of a season.
    also to be able to call a press confence when you want to, not just before a game or cup final

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by sparey View Post
    search option for the min. release fee, i personnally would find that very useful say at the start of a season.
    also to be able to call a press confence when you want to, not just before a game or cup final
    A tip for you sparey - Spain based players HAVE to have a min. release fee so sometimes they can be the bargains.

Amateur

I don't think a lot needs to be added the min. release fee should be though as it's very useful and was on the older games.

Things just need a little tweaking (which they will)

Amateur

I would like the manager to have more say in regards to club sponsorship. At least to be able to request the board seek more. I have had two contracts end and not be renewed, which stifles earnings.

Amateur

This thread to be closed and the Mods to make an
    "(Official) Wishlist FM 2010: What you would like to see in next version of the game" thread, and then an "(Official) Wishlist FM 2011" thread the following year etc etc.

Amateur

Does this get checked regularly by FM staff? Just curious.

Posted a thread and was told to post in here instead, so here goes...

The ability to sort columns for 90th minute penalty takers, this is just a small niggle, but all columns throughout game are sortable except when it comes to choosing penalty takers after full time. Easy enough to scan your players skill and composure manually but the ability to sort in order would be a plus.

The ability to choose ' X nation' as a preference when browsing potential scouts would be awesome, I have on many occasions wished for a scout to have 100% in a specific nation and other than recruiting someone from that nation (sometimes at an extortionate wage) I have to click on each and every scout hoping to find one who has full knowledge of the nation I would like.

More options in the "Choose next reserve game players..." email, such as select all and select none, or better still an option within the squad page itself so that you did not have to wait for an email before reserve games. I occasionally re-order my teams and with 50+ players it becomes hard to remember who is in the reserve and who is a senior with reserve duties. I have to set view to "player status" and check who has 'res' icons.

A short player mood history (this would be a biggy to most people) showing what decisions and such led to a superbly happy player suddenly hating you and wishing they could move to another club after burning yours' down. This would help people understand the oddities that are "feels manager doesn't appreciate them" when you've only managed the team for 4 days and already have the player in first team squad and offered a s**t-hot contract.

I'll think of more...
    Last edited by krashd; 23-01-2009 at 03:20.

Youth Team
    You should've told her the truth. Dreams crumble to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by krashd View Post
    Does this get checked regularly by FM staff? Just curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by skorp View Post
    To all those wondering if SI look at this thread, we do, and a couple of us have been trawling through this for the last few hours, collecting the viable ideas and passing them on to the dev team for discussion in our feature meetings.

Thanks for all your suggestions and keep them coming.
    Looks like they do Also agree on the penalty taking point.

Amateur
    Gods gift 2 wemon, They just aint relised it yet!!

how about, starting life as a coach then getting promoted within the club to ass man then manager, and getting asked to manage (nations) u21s or 23s, as i like to do so, but the only way i can is by taking that nation overwith new manager, and asking myself, but i dont really want the national manager sacked.
    the option to tell your board to do what ever it takes to buy a percific player.
    erm and also you hear and see alot of clubs board selling and signing players behind your back, so i would like this introduced into the game , but at the same time when a club wants you to sign a contract you can have a clauss in it giving you the overall power of transfer activitys.

Reserves

This years 2D Classic (in classic view) is so much different from last years version; the pitch looks squashed and square nothing like the one that we all loved in FM08.

Now I understand the timebar is a useful addition and is commonly used but, in my opinion, this is the reason for the 2D being how it is. Here are my two suggestions to make it better, without losing the timebar:

1. Giving an option in the preferences whereby you can select whether to have the time-bar on your matchday screen, leaving those who do not use it so often not having to be punished by a smaller 2D screen.

2. Using it like a widget; where you can minimise and maximise it during the actual game, so it is there when you need it, but you can still enjoy the much larger, more attractive 2D pitch.

I understand that is unlikely for options like these to be introduced in patches but maybe for FM2010.

Amateur

1) Have the possibility to own a team, be the Manager and at the same time also the Chairman of the team, creating your own, I know that this is not realistic but it would help that people (like me) that hate when the Chairman thinks that for instance an offer is too convenient to be refused. Giving the people the chance to choose between the two playing styles would make everyone happy.

2) Possibility to edit completely the Leagues and Cups: I am a fan of football from Eighties (maybe because of my age ) and I would love to have the Serie A with 18 teams instead of 20, consider foreigner also the EU citizenship and have just 3 foreigners per team, restore Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup and so on...
    I know it is not realistic, but also putting this possibility to edit Leagues and Cups you would make happy everyone: who wants to edit can do it, who prefere things to be realistic can avoid to edit.

3) Youth teams more structured: teams under 20, under 18, under 16, under 14

4) For Italy: to have the Serie D playable

5) to reconsider the researchers for data: I am speaking about italian research because it's the reality that I know better, when the game was isssued there were not the Serie D team, not at all!!! some values of players were ridicolous (for instance Maggio of Napoli that had the same skills of Cristiano Ronaldo )
    I wanted to partecipate to the research this year: after 24 hours all serie A and serie B teams are already assigned, but when you check the teams there are players or staff missing, wrong data, wrong values and players created in a "fast way" (set up CA and PA then leave everything else to 0 to leave it random).

6) About the editor: implement a "scout function" on it, so that in every moment will be possible to check data of other players while I am creating one, if for instance I am creating Adebayor I would like him to have CA and PA similar to another player of that ability, not like Messi or Kakà and neither like a second division player.

7) Possibility to create new languages with the editor and to assign more than one language to one country: for instance is silly to see an Ukrainian player who speaks ukrainian but not russian!!!! On the other hand I would put an interesting thing, that may be difficult to realize but that could be really cool, i.e. create language groups: latin (italian, french, romanian, spanish); german (german, danish, swedish, norwegian, dutch); slavic and so on....
    If a player is italian for instance, for him it will take less time to learn french than to learn hungarian or arabic, this could be a nice add.

8) Trainings: possibility to bring the team in summer camp for trainings and extend this possibility to the periods of the year when is possibly (like AC Milan went to Dubai during Christmas vacations), possibility to set up a detailed weekly training with different activities every day

9) Regens: I think they should be close to reality and start from 12 years old, not from 18-19. When I say close to reality I mean that it would be nice to see african regens with great physical skills (pace, acceleration, strenght...), south europeans with good tactical skills (marking, passing, teamwork...), north european strong, tall and with good elevation, east european and brazilians with good technique (flair, creativity, first touch, dribbling...)

Amateur

here is my 5 creds

- with ball / without ball preperations for players. like the old series. it would work good with "creative freedom" and "mentality". with low creative freedom players should stay where you say them to stay (or run) and with more creative freedom they can do whatever you say. in this version of tactics , there is nothing you can do , just to put player in a position. what if i want my left back to be the 3rd central defender when i attacking from right wing? how can i do that with the current system? and where is the reality/flexibility? or for another example : when you play with 2 strikers , the left sided one always runs on left wing. what if i need to cross the ball to the left sided striker? how can i say to him " just stay on near post when the ball is on the wing/by-line" ?

- more choices for : press conferences , player/manager interactions , TEAM-TALKS

- a new training system : team training and individual training , seperated. for example : i want to train my players on "set-pieces" the wingers-midfielders can cross the ball. defenders "defend" and/or "attacks the ball" , GKs try to advance on their tactical attribitues. also if i want to train players indv. , me or my assistant manager can set-up a schedule for him and he can train AFTER he worked with his team-mates.

Amateur

I would like to se an option in the transfer search bit, whereby you can search by League, so if you are managining a league one side, you can just look for players in league one and below, or just league one for example.
    This would I know help me and my friends out a lot.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by KingLara View Post
    A tip for you sparey - Spain based players HAVE to have a min. release fee so sometimes they can be the bargains.

i mean like, when you search for players, you can fliter for transfer listed etc, i would like a fliter for a min.release fee, so could be;
    min.release fee - at most - 56,000,000
    value - at least - 17,000,000

something like that anyway

Amateur

[QUOTE=Piadinaro;2563554]1)

3) Youth teams more structured: teams under 20, under 18, under 16, under 14

9) Regens: I think they should be close to reality and start from 12 years old, not from 18-19. QUOTE]

I would hope that SI is considering what age regens come in. 16 should be the absolute max for players and I think having a youth system, not to control, but to develop players and having more of a say about the academy system would make the game much better. I really dont like how players appear at 20 and are better than first teamers. That being said, I think one of the best things to do is have trial days for U12's, like they do for lower league players now, and compete for their signature. I think it be nice if you could somehow influence the kid into coming by doing things like taking him/parents out to dinner, or providing him with club gear, or being ball boy, maybe some illegal stuff that if you think you can pull one over the FA. On top of that maybe your club can gain a reputation for developing great youngsters (West Ham) and attract alot of kids based upon that. But overall I would like to see SI implement a more in depth academy system instead of randomly generated kids based upon youth training facilities.

Hopefully for 2010

Amateur

1) During a match, being able to keep the focus (i.e. the camera) on one player so it's easier to see what he's doing. The camera would remain on him until the option is stopped.

2) Many people who play FM09 are either coach-only people or manager-only, so some people like to concentrate on coaching only and let the AssMan do the rest, or they like to do the manager duties and let the AssMan or coach do the other duties. It would be nice to see more options where you can coach-only or be the manager only. The AssMan or coach would take care of the rest.

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

I think the next version of FM need a player status between "descent young player" and "hot prospect for the future". Something that indicates he is a player for the future, even if he´s not supposed to be a star. "Descent young player" sounds like "probably garbage".

Amateur
    "I'll have to pull a Wenger, and say I didn't see it."

Maybe its just me, not really sure - but I find when I go on-holiday, which I normally do when I go out in the evenings, I come home and straight back to the game to find certain players unhappy due to a lack of first team football. So a slight idea would be, when I select to go "on holiday" to have the option to tell my assistant to rotate the squad.

Amateur

I suggest that instead of the current default tactics, something like 442att(Ferguson style) 433normal(Mourinho style) should be offered

Amateur

I personally would like to be able to do a player search by division, and see the training side of things improved. Also the tactics side of things made more understandable/intuative ( and by that I don't mean make the game easier) as at the moment it's harder to learn than astro physics. Oh and as a quick dig, a game that is relatively bug free :-)

Third Team

posted a thread about this ages ago but thought i'd better stick a post in this thread as its more likely to be reviewed here.

Anyway :

the ability, when an international manager, to consult with a players' club manager as to opinions on calling up players.

Using a real life example, Steve McLaren asked Arsene Wenger about Theo Walcott and how he was doing before calling him up for the world cup squad

Amateur

I've noticed that my number of allowed coaches, scouts and physios have gone up after a few seasons.
    Also the number of feeder/parent teams.

I believe it would be very helpful if we got a message about it, or if it was somewhere mentioned/shown the number that you can assign for staff and feeder/parent teams.
    It's a bit annoying I have to either try to sign one or renew a existing contract just to see if it's changed.
    For the feeder/parent teams it's even more annoying, because the board gives you a "I should concentrate on my results on the pitch" sort of message.
    Strangely enough they spend 3 weeks looking for a few to let me choose just to tell me that.
    It doesn't make much sense to me that's why I ask this as a wish for future releases.

Amateur

I'd like to be able to do something with the money I earn, what's the point in asking for more money when negotiating a new contract for yourself if all it is going to do is higher your wage bill?

I would also like to offer players little incentives when you are attempting to sign them such as a house or car or if the sponsorship was extended you could offer them porducts that your sponsor produces like watches, mobile phones etc.

Amateur

Also on the live league when it has up and down arrows I think it should also have the number of places that team will go up or down if the results stay the same, just a small feature but I always wonder........

Amateur

Short and simple: more leagues instead of new features.

First Team
    Wishing Brendan Rodgers had been this good in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Flower of Manchester View Post
    I'd like to be able to do something with the money I earn, what's the point in asking for more money when negotiating a new contract for yourself if all it is going to do is higher your wage bill?

I would also like to offer players little incentives when you are attempting to sign them such as a house or car or if the sponsorship was extended you could offer them porducts that your sponsor produces like watches, mobile phones etc.
    What would be the point in those?

Higher wages make it harder to be sacked due to the larger compensation.

Amateur

Sorry if this has been said but i'd like a feature to say to other managers who talk about buying my players and never bidding to bid or keep quiet. Especially when its a star player who they've unsettled and only made one ridculous small offer for.

Amateur

What about 1 REALLY good tip from your ass. man. at the end of your season, 1 per season on how to play better with the team your currently managing?

Something like "we should of played more/less attacking football this season" or "we played more defensively this season" or "Your ass. man. suggests you should take a closer look at player X (on your team)"
    Last edited by skingegg; 28-01-2009 at 21:18.

Amateur

Not sure if this has been covered before, but with regard to tactics, I would like to move, for example, my left winger slightly infield and further ahead of my right winger! I'd also like to set my defensive midfielder back, but not as back as the default option - with this option, you could also have one of your two strikers slightly withdrawn.....in summary, i can move your players on the tactics screen where you want them to be, really customised!! (I know you could probably do this by tweaking attacking slide etc, but I want to physuically see my players where I want them to be)....hope this makes sense

Amateur

I wish that arsenal wernt so damn good!

Third Team
    Speak ill of Sweden again, and I swear I'll steal a B-52 and bomb you back to the dark ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower of Manchester View Post
    The day this is a part of FM, I will stop playing the game.

Amateur

I want to see a table, clearly indicating how all of my player attributes have changed - although the arrows are good, I want to look at the squad as a whole, on one screen, to see who has increased/decreased in stats....

Amateur

Oh yeah - I want to open Youth Acadamies over the world and get regular feedback from my 'Brazilian Academy Manager' on who's looking good, who to look out for - then, when they are 16 or something, you can invite any starlets over for a week, to check them out yourself - your Brazilan, for example,Academy Manager can also keep tabs on any talent in Brazil and act as a scout, you could even do culture swaps, i.e sending a few English youths over to brazil for a weeks training camp, they then pick up maybe the odd technical and flair attribute (Brazil's attributes as a nation) this kind of thing does happen IRL my cousin who is at Man Utd's Academy @ 15 went to Belgium for a week......sorry for the rubbish 100th post!!

Amateur

i reckon the lower american leagues and the scottish juniors and highland leagues would be a good addition. there needs to be more african leagues though egyptian, moroccan, perhaps ghanaian, nigerian and ivorian leagues as well

Banned

Competition experience stats/figures that affect performance and player progression.

Who is with me!

Banned

I wouldn't mind a "kick his **** in" option, so that when a player gets needlessly sent off in a game, he won't do it again.

Amateur

In leagues where there are no "reserve competitions" IE Serie A (we use u/20):

the option to "make player available for u/20 side" rather than a reserve side with no fixtures...

2) different attacking/defensive widths.

3) ability to tell a striker to play with back to goal or try to turn his marker.

4) a quick cancel button for substitutions
    Last edited by pauly1616; 29-01-2009 at 15:55.

Amateur

I'm sure its been mentioned but i'd love to see Directors of football introduced that have the ability to really screw you over. Obviously not all of them would be of that mindset, but if you're at a club in the midst of a takeover and you're told that Bob Bobbinson is now the DoF it could add a whole new way to manage that club...

Amateur

I think a good idea for fm10 would to have 2 separate tactics screens: one for attacking tactics and one for defensive. For example when on the attack i would like my team to play with 3 in midfield and 3 attackers but when the ball is lost for my 2 wide men to drop back into midfield to make it more difficult for the other team to break through. Also i think half-time team talks need looking at because i've lost count of the amount of times i've been 2 or 3 goals up at half-time only for the oppostion to back to 3-2 or even 3-3 in the second half. (And yes i change my tactics to be more conservative but nothing i do ever seems make any difference)

Amateur

the ability to get a player like adriano/ronaldinho back up to their top PA with good management.

Amateur

The best thing in this years game is 3d match engine! Now the next thing I would dearly want to see added is graphical improvement on stadiums. FM2010 should have evolved so that we can see the real stadiums with seats and fans. The blank lines that represent stadiums now are pretty ugly and look like schoolboy work... Get the real stadiums with fans and seats so that we can enjoy the match experience even better!

Offering of multiple players on loan. Currently you can only offer multiple players for transfer at their asking price. Being able to select multiple players and offering them all out on a loan for nothing with the cup and own team clauses would save me lots of time.

Part-Timer

Get rid of the press conferences and drastically reduce the importance of team talks. The choices currently offered are totally inadequate and the effect of these extraneous factors is out of all proportion.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Sebacid View Post
    The best thing in this years game is 3d match engine! Now the next thing I would dearly want to see added is graphical improvement on stadiums. FM2010 should have evolved so that we can see the real stadiums with seats and fans. The blank lines that represent stadiums now are pretty ugly and look like schoolboy work... Get the real stadiums with fans and seats so that we can enjoy the match experience even better!
    that would alienate alot of fmers whose pcs dont have the power for that detail or ram

id like to see an overhaul of teamtalks and press conferences

Amateur

There is one little thing that seriously bugs me. The game ratings were used to be just integers and they were not detailed to any decimal point. However in fm 2009, they have been with decimals. In this game of the series the average ratings have fallen down dramatically. I mean I don't like to see 7 of my key player below 7.0 average rating while winning every cup there is to win. I believe several people likes it in the way it increases more reality and makes the game more thorough, so there can be an option to make the game ratings with or without decimals. I hope this changes in 2010.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Soulditch View Post
    I'm sure it has been said many times before but I'll do it again just because it is important for me!

I'm a journeyman manager, I like to manage clubs all over the world. So when I'm done with one club I want to go to another club. However right now you join a new club immediatly if they pick you. I would love an option which says; Manager X will join club X on july 1 after the current season. Because when I have decided to leave a club, I could still have a final to play, and it's all about those Hall of Fame points for me!

My apologies if my english isn't correct.
    That would be a very good idea!

Amateur

Players to get locked up for drink driving or rape.

Amateur

Ides
    1. New titel in Board of Directors CEO CFO and directors have possibilit to resign
    2. League added in Central America and in Caribbean and add regional National and club comp
    3. and all that i forgett

Amateur

i think another bit of realism would be more in-depth negotiations with over players with other clubs that actually NEOGIATE ...also i think the media does put a lot of pressure on clubs...this would be good i reckon also

Amateur

1. The removal of the 3D match engine until such time a realistic depiction of player movement can be achieved

The reason being that the current one does more to break immersion than support it. Quite frankly the 2D view allows our imaginations to take us places that the 3D system is not capable of at the moment, whilst working wonders in conveying valuable information of positional structure and player movement.

2. Removal or revamp of all the player morale mini-games such as team talks, player compliments/complaints, interviews.

They are neither fun nor are they a realistic depiction of manager - player/press/team relations, and lack the range of interaction that could adequately represent the huge differences in alternative man management approaches.

3. A tactical tutorial system that clearly states and defines each instruction available in the game.

There are far too many tactical bibles across forums and websites that completely disregard and/or contradict the brief and on occasion unsatisfactory information presented in the manual. In my opinion this is a direct result to the lack of clarity provided.

Amateur

the chance to take over or be offered an international u-21 side job e.g England if your not ready or current manager is doing well id rather take control of them than some other nations.

Part-Timer

^^^^^preach on brother

Amateur

I can remember a feature on 2005 that involved player agents sending videos of their player doing well (i.e hat-tricks etc) and you would have the option to buy them. This I found very realistic and actually helped me a lot. I would love to see this in 2010, anyone wanna second it?

Part-Timer

Not to be on steam anymore and back to how it was on fm2008 so no one has any problems playing the game

In some leagues, like Russian, there is a obligation to have no more than 5 foreigners in the team in the second season. Its annoying , and when some player is available to get russian passport, he often says that: He dont see why he would get russian passport ( thinks he doesnt need to) . So , I suggest to Miles and other FM team, in personal interaction to have an option to tell the player that he needs to be rus. for the good of the team.

Amateur

I have lots of ideas for improvements, so it will probably be a very long post:

Season goals:

Dont just let us league performance as season goals. I think we should be able to set our goals in cups, specific matches (beating rivals etc) and also set our future goals. There should also be more cooperation and more interaction with the club board, like board-meetings etc.

Manager-profile:

You should be able to "define" yourself more as a manager. As an example, I like football to be played rough with hard tackles and aggressive players, and in the transfer market i usually pick up unsettled players and youngsters and not the big transfers. You should either be able to choose these kinds of things yourself in a "profile" or something, or the game should "pick up" how you play, so you will attract certain kinds of players and fans, and so that the media will give you more specific questions etc.

Player, media and fans interaction:

There should be many more ways to interact with players, media and fans. As a manager, you should be able to hold press conferences about how the team plays, new signings, issues at the club etc, and you should be able to have meetings with fans, or have a "web-site" for the club or something like that where you can communite with the fans at the club. If your communicate well with the fans etc, you can be a club legend and a well likd manager, this should also be a part of your manager profile.

Communication with the players is very important. I find morale to be a very important aspect of getting the squad to perform well, but i think there are way to few options when it comes to improving morale and communicating with the squad.

I have no concrete ideas for communication with players, but there should be many more options and ways to communicte, and the relation between the manager/club and the players should be more important. This is also general for all communication, there should be more options.

Transfers:

Agents should be involved, and the transfer should work differently. Scouting needs to be re-done completely, the scout should tell more about the player and the players personality, an a players should be scouted over a longer time.

Instead of just making a bid for a player and completing the transfer, you should be able to follow up a player for a longer period of time (like several years, and this should also increase your chances of getting the player to want to move to the club).

The enormous transfer fees is leading to inflation in the whole game. Since you needs enormous amounts of money to complete transfers, you need to sell your players for very high fees too. This makes all the other economical aspects of the game unimportant, since the transfer fees is increasing at a much higher rate than any of the other incomes in the game.

Match engine:

Leave out the 3d part until you can create something that actually looks nice and is functional. This just slows down the game a lot, doesnt look nice at all, and doesnt really give us any extra information about the match.

Facegen:

Improve the face generator. Hire someone who knows more about 3d/2d graphics, and this should easily be fixed.

Training:

Needs to be redone completely.

The staff must be more important. The training staff should nearly be as important as the players, since the chemistry between the staff and players is crucial for sucess. The mental skills and the fact that the staff can communicte using common languages should be important.

In addition to this, they ofcourse needs to have knowledge about what they are doing. Attacking coaches should know how offensive play works etc.

Infrastructure should also be more important here, i actually like championship manager when it comes to training and infrastructure. So basically try to look at CM, their training system is realistic and is made up of real training sessions, and it is up to you to choose what kind of training your different players should focus on.

Amateur

bring back the unlimited arrows.....like in 08 where evra could have a foward run.....to striker....and so on

Lurker

Default Inside of Stadium

I know this is a bit far-out, and would probably take too much time for what it is, but I think now that there is 3D play, the stadium looks a bit bare, with just grayness.
    I was thinking that the stadium inside could actually be the inside of each of the stadiums, so when you went to play at Arsenal, you'd actually see the Emirates Stadium whilst the match is going on, or if you were playing at Man Utd you could see Old Trafford whilst managing your team.
    Just an idea, and I know it would probably be a bit of hard work, and sorry if it's been mentioned before.
    Nathaniel

Amateur

This is probably already been put, but I'm going to say it anyway.
    I would like to see a graphic representation of shots taken in the match. This way you can tell those who are wasting shots to look to pass the ball more, or get closer to the goal when shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by fyl2u View Post
    Well, I think it's a superb idea and should be expanded to include invitations to appear on TV shows as a match pundit, where we could watch someone else's match and be intereviewd before, after and at half time to give our opinions on how players were performing, how the teams involved are performing in the league, where their strengths and weaknesses are, whether either of the teams' managers will be happy with performances or not, and use this to build reputation, influence the morale of our own players but also that of players on the teams being discussed, influence our relationships with the managers of the teams we're discussing, and also build relationships with journalists and other managers who are asked to participate with us (e.g. a panel made up of a couple of current managers and a retired ex-player or two, all answering questions and being given the chance to agree or disagree with each other's comments).
    This gets my vote - I'd love to see this.

Amateur

I'd like to see more overturned bans, throughout all the times I've played FM and chamopionship manager I've only seen one ban overturned and the referee struck from the list after I have complained about the sending off.

I'd also like the return of the clearer transfer history screen of the old FM's which had the total number of players signed/sold at the top of their respective coloums.

and I'd like the ability to lash out and criticise the board/chairman when the sell a player out from under you.

Amateur

small thing, would like to be able to filter searches to get rid of Right Only or Left Only players because they have higher attributes but aren't necessarily as good.

Amateur

I think that :::

You should be able to buy players and loan them back to the club

You as the manager should have more control over the money of the football club, e.g - if you have a bank balance of 50 million then you should be able to take 20 mil for transfers or if you have no bank balance you can put wage budget or transfer budget in to your balance

You should be able to take loans out or ask the owner to take a loan out for the club

Transfers, transfers are so difficult, i mean you offer 5 mil upfront and 10 mil over 24 months, it takes about 10 million from your transfer budget!

There are many things that need to change in my oppinion but i suppose that it would be my game so i suppose i may have to make my own football manager lol

Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by WarNer001 View Post
    I think that :::

You should be able to buy players and loan them back to the club

You as the manager should have more control over the money of the football club, e.g - if you have a bank balance of 50 million then you should be able to take 20 mil for transfers or if you have no bank balance you can put wage budget or transfer budget in to your balance

You should be able to take loans out or ask the owner to take a loan out for the club

Transfers, transfers are so difficult, i mean you offer 5 mil upfront and 10 mil over 24 months, it takes about 10 million from your transfer budget!

There are many things that need to change in my oppinion but i suppose that it would be my game so i suppose i may have to make my own football manager lol
    I think you misunderstand transfer budgets and wage budgets. You could not put money from them into the bank balance as basically it is only a budget and not money. They tell you how much you can spend from your balance on them.

Amateur

would be nice to have a button that would automatically apply the ass. mgr's feedback/recommendations for tactics or opposition instructions. I like that they now give you an opinion, but its a hassle to go back and forth between screens to check what was said and what is selected.

Semi Pro

Once the board have confirmed that they are going to upgrade your training and youth facilities, a message in the information section of overview that says how long it will take. Same way as get for your stadium.

Banned

It would be nice to not lose a player every single game.

Hi all.

Thanks SI for another top notch game in FM09.

This isn't a new feature wish - more a fundamental change. Its about the 'pause' button. You should not be able to press the pause button mid match and then change every tactical option available to you. This is the biggest flaw in the football sim. As an analogy - you can't pause a flight sim and then change your aim to be more accurate and then shoot your enemy down.

A manager on the sideline has very little time to adjust, that what makes a manager good, in part- think on his feet in real time.

The pause button should remain - you will need it when your wife goes into labour and you need to rush her to the hospital and then rush back.

But my point is this - when paused, you should not be able to change any players, tactics, nor view stats or AM feedback or anything really. You can only change things if game time is proceeding - of course, you can slow time to a minimum of real time.

It will make it harder - but quite honestly I think it would make the game a whole lot more interesting. I mostly play like this - but 10 minutes to go in a cup final, the temptation to pause is always to big. But if it wasn't there - it would be very very hectic.

What you all think?

Amateur

1.Chairman.
    It would be good if you could view your chairmans or even board members profile.

You used to be able to do this on an old version of the game (FM or the old Champ before FM). It would be a good feature so you can see the Chairmans stats, age, personality etc.

2. News Items.
    As someone said above the news items now is for your own club. Would be good to know of big news items elsewhere i.e. transfers, sackings & also of AI managerial spats for example before a match one manager may make a nasty comment about another manager.
    Last edited by Markmilan; 03-02-2009 at 14:29.

The transfer model has been vastly improve on FM09. While young players for example can still be ridiculously expensive sometimes too, it is generally well-priced and realistic now.

I have been thinking about the model and the ways it can be improved, and I have come up with a few ideas, and would like your opinions on it.

Agents: The ability to instruct an agent to come to an agreement with a club for a player on your behalf. So when you approach with a bid for Player X you then choose to handle the bid on your own, ask your board to do it, or contract an agent to negotiate on your behalf. The way this would work is that an agent obviously is paid a fee (larger fee for larger transfer deals) on completion of the deal. Now the benefit of getitng the board or an agent to do the negotiations is that you dont need to worry about it if you maybe dont have the time or patience to do the negotiating. The difference in getting the board to do the negotiation and not getting an agent in is that the board may not reach a conclusion with the opposing party and the agent is more likely to strike a deal, but an agent needs to be paid a fee for his services. The agent and board options can be available for contract negotiations as well as transfer fee negotiations too.

Transfer Finances: Most foreign transfers are spread over a period of installments so these should be far more common in deals, and in fact should become the normal method, with fees up front much less common. So if Barcelona are trying to sign Player X from Chelsea for £16m then it should be for example all in installments, or maybe £4m up front and £12m in installments etc. The addition of other transfer clauses could then be included too, such as becoming a feeder club, loaning the player back for a period of time, And regarding extra fees, as well as goals per season, appearance fees etc, the increasingly common fee depending on club success could be added, e.g. £1m fee if club wins years.

Multiple transfer fees: The ability to make a bid for 2 or more players are once. E.g. Milan make a combined £10m for Player X and Player Y from Man City.

Signing Youngsters: You can sign youngsters and the tribunal fees are often hefty, it is easier to "approach to sign" and negotiate the contract with the player, and simulatenously negotiate a fee with the club, and if this can't be agreed it then goes to a tribunal, rather than the automatic tribunal fee to sign a player, which has no breakdown of how it is comprised.

Media Discussion: You could choose to make public statements about a transfer, such as "Arsenal FC have announced they have agreed a fee with Paris Saint-Germain for Player B" or keep it quiet until the signing themselves are revealed. Signings should be introduced in press-conferences. Or you can release a statement to say you are hoping for bids for Player L etc. You could make comments to the clubs themselves within negotiations stating you are unwilling to go any higher because you can't afford to, or you don't think the player is worth it, or that the player's contract is running down. When you sign a player you can choose what statement to make, i.e. "Valarenga have signed Player T on a long term contract for an undisclosed fee" or maybe somethng with lots of detail like "CSKA Moscow have signed Player H for £12,000,000 plus add on clauses, on a 4 year deal worth £60,000 per week.

Player Contracts: Bonuses like loyalty bonus' and like in the Arshavin saga, being able to get a fee repaid on departing the club. Or a fee for completing each year of his contract etc. Release clauses for specific clubs. The option to make contract details private or public etc. Signing on fees can be paid all at once, or split over a period of years. And if a player is sold then there are negotiations between the selling club and transferring player to wrap up any loose ends in the contract, and anything that might be paid up, or compensation, or unpaid bonuses to be forwarded on etc. Large players can have image rights clauses in their contracts. Also bonuses for awards (i.e. player of the month) and for international appearances, (e.g. for breaking into under 21's or full side, or completing 10 caps etc). Relegation clauses can be changed so there is the wage drop, the ability to leave for a specific fee, or the right for the player to be released from their contract entirely after relegation.

Medicals: A medical report to be submitted before the player is signed, so you get information on old injuries, and any long-term effects, injury proneness, and general fitness with areas of strength and weakness.

Documents: A message to say if documents are submitted in time for transfer window or not.

When clubs make approaches for your players too often in FM09, same as 08 etc the club does not come back, whereas clubs tend to negotiate offers far more.

Opinions please people?

Ok here I go. Hopefully SI are still looking at these threads (Im sure they are). A few ideas that I think will further the game.

Physio reports during the match - Something that has been mentioned before. We can now have Ass man's feedback over the course of a match. Well I feel it is vital that we can have feedback from a physio as well. This will be to inform of any injuries that a player has sustained during the match that would result in a 'green cross'. So for instance, a player that has a bruised rib or a cut head, could carry on, especially if he was an important player. However, if the injury was a 'tweak to a hamstring' and the player had previously had problems, I may then feel he should be taken off. At the moment there is no indication as to the seriousness of the injury during the match, therefore no real decision can be made by the manager.

News Items - I have noticed that many news items from around the world gets lost. For instance, If I am managing in England and Messi moves to Inter for 45 million, I will generally not be informed unless I check the transfers page. Likewise for player retirements, amanger sackings etc. The idea I have is maybe linking news items with the PA or CA ability stats. So for example, a player with 175 ability and over would automatically be added to your news in tray. I do get frustrated by not realising a big player has retired or moved within the game and feel that linking it to these stats could be an answer. This could be a feature that could be turned off by the user. The only other idea is to check (through tick boxes at the start of the game) what leagues you would like tor recieve big news stories from.

Transfer day deadline - I would like this to be made more of a 'thing' within the game as it gains momentum in real life. Maybe having more processing time during the deadline day, and as it loads more news items of transfers and rumours appear throughout the day. Just to make it more exciting. Also this would give you more chance in scuppering certain deals with bids etc.

Sports Interactive Glenn Wakeford's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldsy View Post
    Physio reports during the match
    If you click on a player with that injury the information is in their injury section: e.g. "has potential knee injury." I do however, agree that this could also be mirrored in the Ass Man feedback section.

News Items
    The news items you talk of are generally in the league news screen as opposed to your inbox. Your inbox is for stuff directly related to you.

Transfer day deadline
    It already processes slower on deadline day, although a 'deadline day' module is a pretty good idea, increased rumour and news wouldn't go amiss here.

Amateur

More interactions between friendly managers?

I read this story a few days ago that wigan's palacios actually came to arsenal for a trial period and didn't cut it there according to wenger and he was recommended to Steve bruce later by wenger himself as he thought palacios cud be a gud player for them at birmingham at that time. So I was wondering if this sort of dialogues can be incorporated in Fm between friendly managers or managers in general? As all we see is that the managers either praise their counterparts or take part in a verbal warfare during prematch media sessions.

Amateur

It seems in real life that managers give their list of targets to the board and then the board OKs them and the manager can go after them. How about being able to draw up a list for your board just before a transfer window and then going after them? You could then justify your targets to the board. Then the better they perform the more leeway you have over who you can bid on.

For example, my Liverpool team at the moment has Aguero, Torres, Huntelaar and Keirrson upfront. If I went to the board with a new striker as a target they may query why I need a new one and not allow me to sign him. Then i may have the option to reply and say that I plan on selling one my existing strikers.

Another example maybe if I want to sign someone from a lower league, the baord may express their concern that he is not of the required quality. This could then be linked to baord confidence in transfers, they more confidence they have in you to make successful transfers they more likely they are to agree to your list of targets.

Also I think it would be good if their were more fan reactions to player sales. For example outrage if I sold Carragher and Gerrard, or praise if its a good pieceof business?

I haven't read through all the pages, but nothing came up in a search, so apoligies if this has been mentioned before.

Amateur

Forgot to add that the interference could be linked to rating in Editor. Eg Ramos at Spurs is rumoured to have not had much control, so Spurs would have high interference. Ferguson seems to be able to sign whoever so his chairman would have a low interference and not often query your list of targets.

Amateur
    Somewhere as far away from the LLM forum as is humanly possible.

The ability to request that your scout only look for players with a potential or current ability of xxxx amount of stars. In their opinnion. Basically, I just want to tell my scouts to search for excellent players that will improve my team.

For an example, at the minute Ill send a scout out to scout a league and he'll come back with reports on every player that received an average rating of over 7. Those players, although appear to have played out of their skin on one particular day, may not ever be considered good enough quality to ever play for me, let alone improve my squad.

Part-timer

I would like the game to take into account the geographical proximity of two clubs when players are negotiating transfers, managers are applying for jobs etc. There are countless examples of players choosing a local club to join or agreeing to a loan move because it means they dont need to uproot their family. Loaning older/fringe players from big clubs for example Milan > Bologna or Juve > Torino or Forest > Derby should be easier or at least a factor.

Also clubs need to remember when you have been successful with them and take that into consideration when you re-apply for the job after a few years away. Fans may press the chairmen to approach a previously successful manager and 'bring him home' and players should welcome the return of managers they have been regulars under, especially if the successor didn't favour them.

I would like to have the option to target player sales to specific clubs back again as well. It allows the player to send icons/legends 'home' when they are past their peak and it should allow you to build a relationship with a club who is not neccessarily a feeder club.

I would also like the game to remember if you join a fierce rival having formerly managed the 'other' club. e.g. Inter and Milan, Forest and Derby, Lazio and Roma etc. This might mean a truly great manager becomes a Legend of both clubs, like Clough, or it might result in the fans never accepting the appointment and staying away etc.

Basically more depth to the game please. Its not just about one or two quick seasons as Chelsea for the vast majority of players and we crave desperately a more mutable and interactive playing world over the sometimes decades long careers.

Amateur

Choose the players to take to away matches a few days before the actual match
    -what if you can choose the select players to take to your match day like in real life before the actual match. because in real life, not all players travel, only a select few(especially in oversea matches), so if you have to choose the players at first, before traveling, it could affect your team if somebody gets injured but also increase the communication between the team if they travel together.

Youth schools in other countries
    -what if there are youth schools in other countries where a team can tap into that countries younger players in a soccer school type theme, and then can sign players for the youth team. similar to affliated clubs, but the team has total control over the players and will therefore sign up players for free(without much competition).

Player attitudes in private life
    -there are players like beckham, barton whose personal lives play a very big part in the media. what if these players whose personal lives attract the media alot, will be affected by this and their performances can change, clubs can sack them, and the team morale can be affected as a result of this, leading to the the player becoming a legend at the club or being forced out due to the rest of the teams anger.

Amateur

when you offer a player on loan/transfer, you can choose teams to target, but this only says all human clubs - whatever that means. Can't we choose what league and type of club to target. eg a club going for promotion in league 1.

Amateur

Autosave after every match would be handy, for those occasions when you pull off a great result, then realise you've made a stupid error further down the line. Saves those endless frustrating replays of the same match to get you back to where you were.

I'm sure we've all done it!

Amateur

Sort the bloody sponsorship out will you SI

Amateur
    Gods gift 2 wemon, They just aint relised it yet!!

Get scouts to tell you if the player they have scouted would fit into your team/tactics

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by mkij View Post
    Get scouts to tell you if the player they have scouted would fit into your team/tactics

TBH thats impossible because some players can adapt and others cant. Plus other factors have to be taken into account klike hope they are settling in, who they are playing along side etc.

Amateur

I've got a few ideas for what I'd like to see in the next installment. Let me know what you think...

I am now in the year 2015 with Rangers and have a team ranked 8th in Europe. My team's reputation is still "National" however, as opposed to continental or worldwide. Also, the SPL now has 3 champions league and 3 uefa cup slots, but players still dont "like" to move to Scotland...

What I'd like to see firstly is the ability for your league reputation to improve. Therefore regenerated Scottish players could potentially become wonderkids if you do as I've done and end up with a higher quality of league (with more european slots and therefore more money). Similarly, maybe TV money and sponsorships should increase depending on said reputation.

Also, I'd like to see you being able to boost your team's commercial reputation in each continent. One thing Celtic have very astutely done in real-life is as follows: they have played friendly tournaments in america, have signed a japanese hero (Nakamura) and .. well thats it really. In FM it would be great if you could build your team as a global brand by playing friendlies, entering unofficial tournaments, buying great players from foreign countries. For a simple example if you signed Shevchenko, you'd increase your reputation in Ukraine, sell more jerseys, get reputation points and maybe be paid more to play a friendly tour in said country. Similarly, if your reputation in said country is high, you could have youth players coming through from there. This way even when your team is the best, you can still get better.

It'd also be great if you could change the catchment area and the prize money of a competition in the editor (though this could be abused I suppose). I personally would love to see the English and Scottish league cups done away with in real life. They suffer from poor attendances, low prestige and general all-round second bestness to the FA cups. So how about firing into your data editor and making something you really want to see? A british league cup in my eyes would be great. Whenever Rangers or Celtic play an English team in Europe its a terrific occasion and the home nations rivalry is one to be savoured in football. In FM, it'd be fantastic. The only possible drawback I can see is a fixture congestion as the competition would be somewhat longer with more teams to draw upon.

All in all, I love the FM world. But there are so many things in it that are still unflexible and you notice that some 7 or 8 years into a game. The Scottish league's reputation is as good as it will ever get, the national side will never have any world class players and your team has reached a reputation which it can't surpass. Where to now, FM? I have started another game with a lower league team, maybe these things won't matter to me as much in league one... But if I ever get Hereford to the Champions League Final, I'll no doubt be back making the same points!

Also, is it possible for a player to become an Icon or a Legend at the club? I've had players for 7-8 years and they're still just noted as "favoured personnel" ...

Cheers
    Last edited by Popider; 05-02-2009 at 21:01.

Lurker

i'd like to argue the toss with the chairman because he wont give me anymore money when hes got 30mill in the bank, just like a press conference format would be fine.

Closed Thread
Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast