Closed Thread
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 73 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,300 of 7994

Thread: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Part-Timer

2 little audio-details while playing a match:

- An announcer in the stadium. Just a plain "1-0 for Manchester United, scored by Wayne Rooney" e.g. will do.

- Songs from the crowd. I'd like to hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford. That shouldn't be too hard. In MLB2007 the crowd chants "Overrated!" when Barry Bonds steps up to the plate.

Amateur

This is the list of counties that are buying players from these countries:Turkey-serbia,bosnia,bulgaria,france,holland,romania,braz il,uruguay,czech republic,argentina,columbia,slovakia,croatia,seneg al,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,ghana
    Holland-romania,serbia,belgium,denmark,sweden,norway,finla nd,brazil,argentina,hungary,canada,ghana,nigeria,m orocco,
    tunisia,ivory coast,algeria,england,czech rep.
    Russia-holland,france,romania,bulgaria,serbia,croatia,bra zil,argentina,uruguay,turkey,moldova,belarus,slova kia,poland,czech rep.,macedonia,albania,bosnia,georgia,estonia,latv ia,lithuania,ghana,cameroon,nigeria,ivory coast,senegal,dr congo
    Serbia-montenegro,bosnia,brazil,argentina,macedonia,porug al,france,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,czech rep.dr congo
    Slovenia-bosnia,serbia,czech.rep.brazil,argentina,france,it aly,macedonia,albania,croatia,
    Croatia-macedonia,albania,bosnia,brazil,argentina,australi a,slovakia,czech rep.hungary,romania,bulgaria
    France-belgium,switzerland,czech rep.,algeria,ghana,cameroon,senegal,ivory coast,dr congo,togo,morocco,egypt,russia,poland,hungary,rom ania,portugal,brazil,argentina,sweden,denmark,norw ay
    portugal-sweden,brazil,argentina,chile,colombia,uruguay,par aguay,czech rep.france,holland
    Czech republic-slovakia,serbia,croatia,bosnia,france,morocco,tuni sia,brazil,argentina,cameroon,ghana
    COUNTRIES FROM SOUTH AMERICA ARE BUYING SOUTH AMERICAN PLAYERS
    Spain-brazil,argentina,chile,paraguay,uruguay,portugal,h olland,serbia,columbia,boivia,venezuela,mexico,fra nce,denmark
    Germany-turkey,holland,france,serbia,croatia,bosnia,hungar y,brazil,argentina,columbia,czech rep.,uruguay,poland,slovakia,porugal,macedonia,den mark,sweden,norway,austria,australia,belgium,switz erland
    Scandinavian countries are buying players from scandinavia and players from:france,australia,canada,serbia,bosnia,south african republic,ghana,nigeria,cameroon,senegal,dr congo
    Ukraine-erbia,croatia,macedonia,nigeria,cameroon,ivory coast,czech rep.poland,slovakia,hungary,romania,bulgaria,brazi l,argentina,moldova,georgia
    Romania-poland,serbia,brazil,argentina,france,ghana,nigeri a,macedonia,
    Austria-switzerland,germany,france,czech rep.poland,slovakia,serbia,macedonia,croatia,bosni a,slovenia,argentina,brazil,belgium
    italy-slovenia,greece,sweden,holland,france,norway,denma rk,austria,brazil,argentina,uruguay,serbia,czech rep.all african countries,
    Belgium-czech rep.serbia,poland,hungary,slovakia,holland,argenti na,brazil,switzerland,croatia,
    Greece-cyprus,czech rep.,bulgaria,romania,serbia,france,portugal,italy ,australia,albania,brazil,argentina,
    England-australia,denmark,sweden,norway,finland,brazil,arg entina,france,poland,serbia,austria,holland,portug al,czech rep.
    Switzerland-france,morocco,tunisia,holland,croatia,albania,ser ba,austria,germany,slovenia,nigeria,ghana,brazil,s weden,argetina,czech rep.bosnia,cameroon
    Israle-ghana,serbia,nigeria,bosnia,south african republic,croatia,macedonia,poland,cameroon,slovaki a,romania,brazil,argentina,czech rep.
    U.K. countries are buying players from U.K. like scotland,wales,n.ireland,ireland,and france,holland
    I hope that you will do this because this would give realism to the game because this transfer system doesnt seem realistic.
    One advice,that there is no big clubs that are buying players on free transfers,unless they are so good because if the would be good they wouldnt be released from their clubs on free transfers.
    This are transfers that i have seen on transfermarket and i think that would be good for game.
    In match,player circles should be smaller like in CM 2003/2004.
    I would like that my board allows me to buy one or two players from strong leagues(like when russian clubs bought portugal and dutch players)in stronger clubs of smaller leagues because if club has money he should be able to attract players from far developed and stronger countries.
    Smaller clubs should buy players who are foreigners but they should come from second league and he should be young because there are no clubs to buy old players that are old and close to retirement and eventually they could buy players from first division but only if that country isnt rich.
    Thanks.

Amateur

If we could have the opposition instructions remaining as they were set every time I change tactics in-match that would be really handy.
    I've either got to grab a pen and a bit of paper or open a text editor to keep track of who I'm doing what to and it's almost impossible to go through a whole game without changing tactics at least once.Surely in real life my players wouldn't forget to close down the opposition playmake just because I asked them to push up a bit.
    It's especially annoying when I want to change back to my original tactics when my change doesn't work, I know I can save the current match tactic (with opp. instr.)before changing but that leads to a HUGE amount of redundant files in the tactics archive.

Amateur

Hall of Fame for Player

A hall of fame which will save data and stats regarding the best players, and the option to save the data regarding certain players you want.

Also champions league and UEFA cup matches should also appear at the "total apps" in a season.

Amateur

* For Players

Reserves

I'd like it if they put an option where you disagree with a decision e.g you ern't given a pen that doesn't get you a warning if you're wrong. And the "these things happen in football" turning into "you've grudgingly admitted it may have been correct" is annoying too.

Amateur

Originally posted by Henrik4:
    I would like you to post new ideas about FM.
    I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.
    This has probably been mentioned 100 times and I can't be arsed checking, but, I would love if when sorting out our tactics, you could maybe click into a grid-like feature on the pitch and when you click into it - you could nominate a certain person to hit your free-kicks from a certain position.

What i'm saying is, instead of a player hitting all right-sided freekicks, you could have one player who takes them from wide and other who takes them from near the middle etc etc etc.

That probably doesn't make much sense. If I remember correctly, there was the same grid like feature on the very old Champ Manager games, but it was for placing your men when the opposition got the ball etc etc etc etc etc.

Amateur

its simple - implementing minimum stadium capacity/quality for leagues (e.q. premiership in england, liga orange 1 in france...etc) - same to cups - europech championship, uefa-cap...etc.
    Because lack of this sometimes really screw up game.

Amateur

Lets have some added match day sounds. say certain songs attached to certain players in the game. and certain songs for clubs, it'd be awesome! any thoughts?

Part-Timer

Originally posted by daddiopimpio:
    Lets have some added match day sounds. say certain songs attached to certain players in the game. and certain songs for clubs, it'd be awesome! any thoughts?
    Yeah I totally agree and I have posted the same idea twice (in 2 different threads). It would totally add to the realism. I would like to give an example. In MLB2007 (yeah I know it's baseball but it's the thought that counts), if BArry Bonds steps up to the plate as a batter while playing away, you can heard the crowd sing. "Overrated!" I thought it was brilliant the first time I noticed it. What's more, it would be excellent if you would hear "You'll Never Walk Alone" while playing at Anfield or "Glory Glory Man United" while playing at Old Trafford.

What I also miss are national anthems during international games. Or is this too difficult due to copyrights? I can remember that a certain version of International Superstar Soccer had this feature. I don't know why it was taken out later though. I got goosebumps when I heard the Dutch National Anthem before playing with Holland.

Generally I find that audio is totally forgotten in a lot of football games. I am a season-ticket-holder of the Dutch club Feyenoord and I can tell you by personal experience that the sounds in the stadium are about 60% of the entire experience of visiting (let alone coaching) a football game.

Amateur

I would like to be able to create new leagues in the editor and decide how many teams there should be and stuff like that. Now its all hard coded so you can't do that kind of things...

pay-as-you-play contracts, something used in real life for older or injury-prone players where they get a small basic wage with a lot of higher bonuses and payments depending on how many giames they play, etc - its hard to implement in the normal contracts, cos they all expect high basic wages.

Amateur

I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

Amateur

Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:
    I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.
    I like the chaging strips idea but the top sponsors idea i think would mean SI haveing to get a licence for each company they would use, unless it was done nameless "A top sponsor wants to be your main shirt sponsor..." etc etc

Amateur
    Stourbridge, West Midlands // Preston, Lancashire

A women's game structure.

I'm not sure about overseas but the women's game here is developing very fast indeed.

Clearly for the first implementation it'd be a mere premier division and perhaps a european women's setup?

The one other think I'd like to see is some distinctive match engine graphics.

A pitch is a pitch at the minute; perhaps differing levels of graphics showing the pitchside stands would increase the atmosphere? And, as a lot of other people suggested, connected chanting. It wouldn't take a lot to get one chant for each team would it?

I'd love to be able to sing along to West Brom fans singing "The Lord is My Shepherd" when we score.

Boing Boing!

Amateur

Ability to ask staff/players who have been at a club that I'm about to play about any weaknesses the club have that the scout may have not picked up(or strengths for that matter). Obviously a strict timeframe on this - I don't want it to be another disaster like the "player used to play for you" media reports that pop up 10 years after the fact.

For example - playing Bordeaux in Champions League. I had Lulinha there on loan, up until about a week before this game. As he's played 24 first team games for them, I'm sure he'd have some inner knowledge on how they play.

Third Team

Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be.

Reserves

^ WHS

The game should strive for ever-greater realism, not daft gimmicks.

Amateur

I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D

Originally posted by ship50:
    I would like feature that would enable me to talk to the player who is being substituted and also the one who is the substitute. Not at half-time but in the middle of the game. I can tell them the reason for substitution, the expectation from the substitute etc.

Also, and don't laugh if it sounds stupid, I would like to right-click on a player on the 2D pitch and adjust instruction while watching the game in 2D
    yep like that idea

Amateur

I think this would be a great idea, so you could encourage the player if he has low morale etc.

Amateur

its stupid in lower leagues you play a good team like aldershot and win 2-0 but you play bottom of the league- 0-0 draw. that needs sorting.

neil26581

I would like an option like a tick box to shut down the computer after you saved the game, so i can just save and go.

Amateur

1. The ability to comment on takeovers. The media should ask me questions about it.

2. Standard squad number should be correct (no. 9 is not central midfield number!)

3. Column in matchday magazine, which will improve (or not) your relationship with the fans.

Amateur

not sure if it has been mentioned (suggested !) but on the contract negotiation screen (manager) as well as the normal, salary, stadium, youth stuff, the ability to ask for a larger backroom staff. i.e I only am aloud 8 coaches and want another 2, no matter how healthy my finances are I always have a limit on my staff (this is especially frustrting when the staff are willing to sign only for the board to block it) . It's only a little suggestion but think it could work well

Amateur

Good idea. Certain managers have a backroom staff they take everywhere (Mourinho for example).

Amateur

Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are?

Amateur

Would love to see the ability to take time and learn new languages, without having to manage in a different country to achieve this, and these languages could help to attract players from those countries?

Amateur

I couldn't find this with a search, so

When one bigger club offers a smaller sum than you are willing to accept for player you negotiate. When the other team accepts the amount I want, they offer the contract to the player. In this instance the player declines due to role or money. Now, I understand the player worrying that I might have blown his chances by asking for to much and so he becomes upset with me. What I would like to see next year, is for the player to stop being upset with me for not letting him change clubs, when he decided to stay. I'd really like for him to thank me for the opportunity (but I think that might be asking to much)

Originally posted by Bratto17:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ship50:
    Love this idea...I would also like to be able to shout to your players and tell them what to do, e.g. on a counter attack, all my attacking players always seem to get themselves tangled up with each other, so if their was an option to shout to one of my players to move into space, that'd be pretty good...Don't know what your thoughts are? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

personally not a fan of this, like the idea itself, but i think it is impractical, i feel it would turn into a race to quickly click instructions as fast as you can, whereas in reality the players do most of the thinking, and the manager will just remind them of their tactics or make changes

i have an idea, you could select to be a head coach rather than a manager, that way you have a director of football etc making the signings, whilst you can concentrate on tactics etc, you can then ask for a certain type of player to be signed, i.e. requesting the director of football locates and signs a left back.

oh and please sort out the annoying charade that is negotiating a sale, when a club submits an enquiry i tell them a counter-offer, now the problem lies with the fact that even if i say it is negotiable, they still withdraw offer rather than negotiating!

some insight when a player gets injured in the middle of the match, as to his actual injury - they had this on CM2, so its about time we had it back!

Youth Team

Wonder if Henrik4 knows this thread is still going, bearing in mind he started it in Nov 2005!

Youth Team

Also, the first reply was some bloke having a rant about him opening it!

yeah i loved that, getting angry before any suggestions had been mooted

Amateur

live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

Part-Timer

The end to the lack of the squad number 13 being used in friendlies and in comps without assigned squad numbers.

I WANT MY SUB KEEPER TO HAVE #13!!!!

Thank you

And agree with what someone said earlier about the way the squad numbers are assigned on these tactics.

#9 is not a midfielder IMHO

Youth Team

Boy, is his face red!

Originally posted by Chilliconcarnie:
    The end to the lack of the squad number 13 being used in friendlies and in comps without assigned squad numbers.

I WANT MY SUB KEEPER TO HAVE #13!!!!

Thank you

And agree with what someone said earlier about the way the squad numbers are assigned on these tactics.

#9 is not a midfielder IMHO
    this man speaks total sense! i want my number 13 keeper, and do the numbers like in CM2 - that worked.
    1 - GK, 2 - DR, 3 - DL, etc etc

Amateur

In England at least it's (in most cases):

1 - GK
    2 - DR
    3 - DL
    4 - CM
    5- CB
    6 - CB
    7 - MR
    8 - CM
    9 - CF
    10 - CF
    11 - ML

Amateur

Do SI game developers read this thread I wonder?

Originally posted by Ty H:
    live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic
    Juni confirmed this is new in 8.0.2. If you click on a player it says potential injury - x

Do SI game developers read this thread I wonder?
    yes they said they do

Amateur

Test the freaking game by playing it as a player.
    Board confidence: completely unreal expectations in all three versions!!

Amateur

Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:
    check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.

Amateur

Originally posted by TeeWee:
    Match day auto-pause/auto-tactics screen feature:
    check a few checkboxes in options where you want the game engine to auto-pause or auto-tactics when they happen. The events must be observable through normal means, like: formation change by oppo, minor injury, major injury, yellow card, red card, maybe other things.
    with auto-tactics, I mean, automatically jump to your own tactics screen.

Originally posted by Nomis07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by metropolistechnique:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Nomis07 was referring to your suggestion of the manager requesting and choosing kits and sponsors rather than everything else. Going of your definition that is a gimmick as managers are not really involved in that area of business and the feature would simply detract from the aim of the game.

As for sponsors, it is not that easy. First of all, it is not gauranteed that the sponsor will pay SI for their name in the game, it could just as easily be SI having to pay. Then there are problems with the sponsors already having links to other companies such as EA.

I do agree though that it would be nice for kits to change every now and then and possibly for their to be more info on sponsors. Although the manager shouldn't be involved in their selection IMO.

Anyway, just a quick thing that has probbably been mentioned already but I thought I'd raise it myself.

The AI of players needs to be improved so that when a player goes off the pitch for a while for physio treatment, his place on the pitch is not left emtpy.

For example, if my CB goes off for a few minutes I don't expect the other CB to have to cover both positions which will leave the defence very weak. Instead, one of the full backs will usually tuck inside and take up the CB position until the CB comes back. That particular example comes from a few minutes ago when my centre back was left on his own to defend against 2 star strikers which resulted in the opposition winning the match.

This should of course also vary depending on what is happening in the match (e.g. the score)as well as your tactics.

please please please please please can i please select which sodding kit i am going to WEAR before a match, i am sick of the game choosing a kit that i dont actually fancy wearing cos i think it clashes too much etc etc. obviously the game can filter out the kits that would clash when the selection comes up. thanks

Lurker

Ive played FM and other managerial games for years and i think that out of them all FM 2008 is without doubt the best but i think there is still room for improvement. Here are a few points that i think would improve the game for 2009 and beyond.

1. When signing a player i think that an agent has to be
    involved for example his fees etc as this is a big part
    of todays game.
    2. Being able to approach a player illegally thru an agent
    with the risk of getting caught and fined for "tapping
    up" would bring a sense of realism. Agents pushing their
    players to you and players wanting to sign for you would
    be realistic aswell!!!
    3. When making a signing a simulated press conference
    with manager, chairman and player at table with
    camera flashes etc, and questions about new signing
    being put to you. Answers to the questions being
    multiple choice.
    4. This press conference would also be used when you take
    over at a new club. With questions like "Do you think you
    have what it takes to turn this club around?" would be
    fun and add realism!
    5. I know points 3 and 4 are kinda in the current game but
    arent in this format! More questions would be good like
    "Who will you be looking to bring in?"
    "Will you be planning a clearout?"
    "How much will you have to spend?" etc.....etc!
    6. I also think that young players who rise through the
    youth academy should be better as alot that come
    through are crap and its frustrating when your club has
    a top training academy and none make it to your first
    team (whats the point?) more promising wonderkids
    coming through would be great as everyone wants a
    rooney or a bojan coming through !!!
    7. Being able to build youth academies in different
    countries would be cool with a pool of, for eg. africans
    to be able to choose from. Then if you have a gem you
    can select him and bring him over to join your academy.
    These would of course have a cost to build and run.
    8. When buying a young player there should be an option
    to allow him to stay at his club on loan.
    9. FM has got to bring in 3d stadiums as its something that
    is in other games and is fun. A realistic copy of current
    stadiums with the ability to pick and build new stands or
    built a brand new all seater. If you are a lower division
    club with a cow shed and sloping terrace and you take
    them to the premiership you need a stadium that suits
    and being able to see these improvements helps! As
    you can see that the club is moving forward!!!!
    10. Designing new kits?
    11. Choosing your sponsorship from an arrange of offers!!
    12. Its annoying when a player who loves the club has
    their head turned by a club who quite simply in real
    life wouldnt happen, like for eg. C.Ronaldo interested
    in signing for Arsenal or Barry Ferguson of Rangers
    wanting a move to Wigan etc it wouldnt happen!!!!
    13. Ive also found that with the current game, even
    though your wages are well below the wage
    structure the club still seems to lose cash at the end
    of each month for no apparent reason???
    14. Having more control over finances would be good like
    being able to take out loans to buy that striker that
    you cant afford but would fire you to the premiership
    where you could then pay it off!!!!

Amateur

I'd really like to see improvements on both confidence and media.

I think that there should be a lot more media interaction (even though it would be annoying). Teams are oblidged to give post-match interviews, and it would be nice to get asked questions about the results (a chance to praise the opposition's performance, blame the ref for continually blowing up on minor challenges, accuse the opposition of playing "too physical", or praise the work-rate of your own team". It would also be nice to see what your own players responded in their interviews (perhaps seeing that my centre-back described his debut as "not good enough for a pub team" would perhaps influence how I react (perhaps I'll hold back on that fine, or demote him to the reserves to get him all fired up to make ammends next time).

I would also like to see a lot more interaction after I've signed a new player, or sold a player. Perhaps I could explain that I had to sell the player as he wanted first team football and it just wasn't going to happen in the current environment, or that the exceptional form of the other players had limited his chances and you didn't wish to stand in the way of the player's career. Similarly you could explain that the £3m pounds you spent on that youngster is a long-term investment, and whilst he may feature here and there in the short-term he shouldn't be judged on until he's had a chance to settle in at the club (this will link into confidence which I will mention later).

I'd also like to see interaction with regards to international call-ups for club managers. By this, I'd like to be able to comment on rumours that "player x" is on the verge of winning his first cap, and that I should be able to commend him on his performances to say he deserves the opportunity, or perhaps suggest to not get carried away with his hype and continue his good performances to ensure he makes the squad, etc...

With regards to the board confidence, and I'm sure this has been mentioned numerous times, I'd like to see an option to lessen the expectations on new signings who are young and only "investments" at the time of purchase. I try to play my youngsters in the Carling Cup and I don't think it is realistic that the fans would automatically jump on the back of a player who is 18, signed for 300k and has put in 4 average performances in cup competitions and is otherwise not associated with the senior squad.

Finally, and I'm sure you're relieved this is ending, I'd like to be able to have the board to react to cup draws so that their expectations aren't unrealistic. For example, if I was Everton and I got knocked out of the League Cup in the 4th round away to Chelsea, yet I finished 3rd in the League, reached the semi's of the FA cup and won the EUFA cup, I doubt the board would really have cause to complain about my poor showing in the League Cup as the results elsewhere will have bolstered the club in terms of finances and reputation considerably beyond the season's expectations.

Amateur

Hmm. Not sure if it's been mention... Probably has.

When you start a new game and choose your experience as Automatic or Sunday League, and start Unemployed. You can be hired as an Assistant Manager, managing reserve teams and work your way up to offers from clubs looking for First team managers. Or If the Manager goes on Holiday or a meeting, he'll leave you in charge to fill in for the next First team game, and it adds to your Reputation.

Just an Idea. I know it's possible to play reserve games. But it's just something to ponder about.

Amateur

Hello,here i am with some fresh ideas which would surely make game more realistic:-First of all big clubs shouldnt buy many players on free transfers which dont have ability to play in that club but there should be some exceptions for example(big clubs from any club in the world should be interested in signing player who are in national setup and players who have high attributes)because i dont think that there is any club that wants to buy players on free transfers and they have money to buy better players.
    -Then big clubs should buy best players from its country or strengthen their squad with 2 or 3 players from foreign country to bolster their squad.
    -Clubs shouldnt be judged by their reputation because there are big clubs that are coming from poor leagues and that are fighting for European cups.
    -Every season i should write a list of players that i would like to release or sell and wish list of players which i would like my clubs buys for me,and i should be able to wish 2 0r more better players from league five(England,Spain,France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Po rtugal)etc.
    -I would like that you fix something that i encountered in game i have been playing a game and in the half of the season and in the end of the season i saw that best goalscorer,best player,best team was made of players that dont have ability or attributes to win such award i think that best player should be player with highest attributes also best goalscorer should be player with highest finishing(and highest attributes or anything that describes best players in certain position,but i dont say that best goalscorer cant be maybe some midfielder)
    Best goalscorer could be also and player with finishing 1 if he is playing in some poor league and he has highest attributes till he dont get injured or looses his form.
    -I would like that you make that in current ability are listed all attributes which would show ability of some player instead of old way,and that in potential ability are listed also all attributes but they should have restrictions on it to show how far certain attribute of a players will develop it would be fantastic!!!
    One tiny advice i would for the sake of realism that players that players dont score too many goals especially if they are playing in better leagues as(England,France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Holland,Port ugal)because have you ever seen decent player who managed to score more than 20 goals in first season in which he came to that country
    even best players dont score more than 32 goals in the season(Luca Toni)i dont see why you cant make realistic game.Every season(year)you make clone of the game from previous year and that shouldnt be because i think you have much more potential and you should listen to our advices!!!!
    Thank you.

Amateur
    Left La Bombonera for the Emirates Stadium.

Hello,here i am with some fresh ideas which would surely make game more realistic:-First of all big clubs shouldnt buy many players on free transfers which dont have ability to play in that club but there should be some exceptions for example(big clubs from any club in the world should be interested in signing player who are in national setup and players who have high attributes)because i dont think that there is any club that wants to buy players on free transfers and they have money to buy better players.
    -Then big clubs should buy best players from its country or strengthen their squad with 2 or 3 players from foreign country to bolster their squad.
    -Clubs shouldnt be judged by their reputation because there are big clubs that are coming from poor leagues and that are fighting for European cups.
    -Every season i should write a list of players that i would like to release or sell and wish list of players which i would like my clubs buys for me,and i should be able to wish 2 0r more better players from league five(England,Spain,France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Po rtugal)etc.
    -I would like that you fix something that i encountered in game i have been playing a game and in the half of the season and in the end of the season i saw that best goalscorer,best player,best team was made of players that dont have ability or attributes to win such award i think that best player should be player with highest attributes also best goalscorer should be player with highest finishing(and highest attributes or anything that describes best players in certain position,but i dont say that best goalscorer cant be maybe some midfielder)
    Best goalscorer could be also and player with finishing 1 if he is playing in some poor league and he has highest attributes till he dont get injured or looses his form.
    -I would like that you make that in current ability are listed all attributes which would show ability of some player instead of old way,and that in potential ability are listed also all attributes but they should have restrictions on it to show how far certain attribute of a players will develop it would be fantastic!!!
    One tiny advice i would for the sake of realism that players that players dont score too many goals especially if they are playing in better leagues as(England,France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Holland,Port ugal)because have you ever seen decent player who managed to score more than 20 goals in first season in which he came to that country
    even best players dont score more than 32 goals in the season(Luca Toni)i dont see why you cant make realistic game.Every season(year)you make clone of the game from previous year and that shouldnt be because i think you have much more potential and you should listen to our advices!!!!
    Umm no offence, but what has any of that to do with the andits experiment?

Amateur
    Left La Bombonera for the Emirates Stadium.

Scrap that last pst...wrong thread...I'm tired

Amateur

It could be a nice addition to the game if there would be a possibility to have your scouts/coaches say what you in terms of money could get out of a player.

A player´s value may be £50,000, but one of your coaches/scouts or even Head scout (new addition) could say you can get as much as £130,000 if you find the right buyer.

Also think when you offer a player to a club you should be able to pick only interested clubs or even just one or two that you pick yourself.

Great game after 8.0.2 btw!

Amateur

How about this

a weekly in game magazine/supplement,website sort of thing every week.Before or after the weekend,including stats,scorers,facts,past meetings etc.

I think it would be nice,will keep you updated even if youre in 2044

Amateur

In my opinion best post and ideas are from tommy vercetti because his ideas would give game realistic sense and make it very playable and interesting.
    Everyone who think something else i think that they have right on its opinion,but in my opinion his posts and ideas are magnificent.
    Its too bad he doesnt work in SI games because if he would this game would finally look on game(it would be realistic)!
    I dont see why SI couldnt make game on tommy vercetti(power monger,kjah...)advices and if that wouldnt be excellent(which i doubt)they could get back on their old way.
    Guys keep it up,if you would continue to make so good advices game could have future!!!

Thanks!

Amateur

make all lagueages avaivable on CD/download version - not only few packed on CD - depending on saler decisoin.
    This makes life harder for forgeiner in certain countries.
    And if this is imposible (due to adding more langueas as time progress) - then please, make new language packs dowloable directly from SI server. This saves "hunting time"for wanted language pack in net. Its only cca 750 kb!!! after all.

Amateur

When you accept multiple loan requests for one of your players (say a youth etc) it'd be cool if you could recommend to him which team to go on loan to. For example I have just loaned a regen DM (potential to be better than Miguel Veloso) out to Siena (Serie A) and he rejected an offer from Brescia (Serie B), I'd love to have been able to tell him to go to Brescia where he'll play more games than Siena with the bigger reputation where he wont play much and when he does he'll just be trying to help them avoid relegation.

Amateur

It really annoys me when I'm on holiday and applying for jobs that I get offered jobs by really small clubs.

It also annoys me that they approach me over and over again, even after I've rejected them.

I think when you go on holiday and look for jobs, there should be a filter.

For example - 'only apply for premiership jobs' or 'don't apply for jobs i have already rejected'.

Would make my jobhunting a lot quicker and easier!

Amateur
    Almost Glasgow, but not quite there (12miles)

I've always said that an improvement in FM for me would be if they changed the way cup games are played or the way the gui looked.

When playing in the champions league it could be as simple as changing the background picture to a pic of a cup. Just something that stands out so it doesn't feel like any other league game.

Amateur

I would like to see fewer number of suspicious situations in the game.IMO there is a huge number of goals from offsides and awarded penalties and that is ruining passion for the game.
    I hope that SI will also work on club reputations and improve that aspect of game.
    Looking forward to reading any feedback from SI and other members of this forum ofcourse.
    Cheers...

Amateur
    Almost Glasgow, but not quite there (12miles)

Amateur

We should be able to give instructions and pep-talks to players when we bring them on.
    eg.Bringing on a striker in the 83rd minute,I should ve able to give him some instructions and talk like,Score a goal and change the scene.etc.

Not only in half-time,but also when we're bringing them on

Amateur

Originally posted by Manumoss:
    You Should Be able to tell the media that you believe one of your players should be in the national team
    I liked this one so one more vote on this one

Amateur

Originally posted by Facers1:
    My only suggestion would be to be able to tell a player / "Players Agent" to find a new club ? As i think that this would solve my biggest of the game ( the ability to get rid of deadwood ).

PS Has anyone ever had contact with an agent ? i think i did back in fm2007 once, but it was a long time ago ... Might have been in a dream state.
    I Like the idea of tellin a player to find a new club instead of putting "not need status by the club"...more realistic this way.
    This is little more respect to the player.

Btw im reading through the latest 15 pages of this thread so im replying with ideas i like

Amateur

Hi, not reading through 38 pages and pitying the <STRIKE>fool</STRIKE> SI employee who does, so this might have come up.
    Can we have (albeit very rare) injuries in warm up? They happen in real life too. Although they might be a bit frustrating, I think it would be a nice addition.

Semi Pro

Originally posted by Nomis07:

But the chairman could consult you on a couple of proposals he has received. For example, #6m for a one year deal with company x or #15m from company z for a 4 year deal with half paid up front and the rest in installments

This way you could choose depending on how much cash you currently have.

Amateur

Originally posted by Korre:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manumoss:
    You Should Be able to tell the media that you believe one of your players should be in the national team
    I liked this one so one more vote on this one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A thumbsup from me too

Amateur

-can we have worcester cities new dtaium in the next one
    - selling players in BSN and south should be easier
    - more teamtalk options and a revamp of answers you can give the media (thyeve been the same for 2 years)

Amateur

drastic improvments in players...

like youre in a league 2 side and one day one of your first team players stats start improving rapidly

e.g of this is like ronaldo came back after the world cup and he was a powerhoused with lethal finishing or fabregas and adebayor instantly improving over the off season.

this would mean all are wonderkids could take wonderkid to the next level where there still young but kik all other wonder kids ass.
    Just trying to say less steady improvments for wonderkids where 1 day they just transform into a indespensible player

Amateur

What Id like to see is the setting up of friendlies changed a bit, as Ive been trying to set em up and gave up eventually as I was trying to all home venue friendlies obviously, but didnt succeed to book any teams that might even remotely give me some profit, not talking about super star teams, even teams out of my own leagues.

Now Anyhows, what could be changed is instead of simply rejecting they could say, our current shedule is simply to booked, okay fair enough or the amount you offerd us would not even cover for our team moving(or that day of wage of the players) or simply they could counteract and say, okay deal but we want 20% of the income the match generates or something alike.

Tours should be added and worked out into some kind of profit tool(merchandising) but strictly for global rep teams the profit part being. Could limit it to the region(continent) you got a financial feeder club and once a year actually making profit to avoid abuse ingame.

As for stages they could put a option list, for like its start of new season you got bucket loads of new players you could do a team bounding stage, so they get to know each other a bit better already to fasten up the gelling effect for yer squad or something similiar to boost morale, to both of these get gained already by just doing the friendlies though but it could alter the current spirit perhaps to an higher level..

Amateur

I am currently on 'holiday' on the game and have the 'apply for manager positions' thing ticked.

I get offered jobs and reject some but when I go back on holiday it applies for the same job again so I have to reject again.

How about having an option so it doesnt re-apply for a job you have already rejected?

Just a small idea.

Amateur

forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but 39 pages to read through would just give me a sore head.....anyway.

when loaning a player out, the option as to the reason why 'to give player first team experience' would be a good addition, might give the player hope that he still figures in your plans but just needs first team football elsewhere first

Amateur

My major gripe with 8.0.2 is the coaching staff limits, namely, they don't increase as your club stature increases. In the first two patches, this was fine, since you could go way over the limits, but now it is ridiculous. My Wolves side are now challenging for the champions league, with a very rich chairman, ambitious irl who gives me full backing. However, i can't get more than 10 coaches, including 1st team, youth, goal keeping and fitness coaches, making it impossible to get 7* coaching across the board, something i could do while in the championship on 8.0.1!

Amateur

If my request wasn't clear, basically i applaud the more stringent limits on coaching staff, but only if they are increased as a club's stature and finance increase.
    Otherwise it is very difficult to get high standard coaching for a newly-risen team, making long games difficult! Cheers SI

Part-timer

An "Unsackable" option.

The option could be introduced, and targeted mostly at beginners to FM, to help them be able to play plenty of matches against different teams, and experiment with tactics, without having to spend hours on re-building a new team they've taken over, or starting a new game, each time they are sacked.

The result would be that there would be far less complaints about how hard the game is, and the option would also be there for those who aren't beginners but wish to use it anyway, say if they are taking over a pretty weak team and want some leeway in learning how to cope in the lower divisions. At any point in their career, a manager could choose to untick the option to make it more challenging and realistic.

This would have no bearing whatsoever on winning or losing matches. It would just be very helpful, in view of how much time it takes on FM, to sort out your squad/hire and sack staff etc, at the beginning of each game (or season), only to get yourself sacked because you haven't been giving enough opportunities to experiment with getting your tactics and teamtalks right.

to comprimise people on the unsackable option - you could always have it so anyone on an unsackable game cannot score hall of fame points etc, some way of making sure people dont use it all the time.

Cecilio

I don't know if this was already posted but I don't have time to read the other pages.

Even if I am for example in Conference League, I think it would be better to do a separate budget for players and for staff, so I can really have a certain number of staff related to how much money can I spend and not related to which league I'm playing.

Another thing that would be much appreciated is a better relation between training and player's growth, because now even if a young player make a very intensive training for many years with most valued staff, results aren't satisfactory.

Finally, I would a greater variety of relations with the press and of comments on my squad and on the championship that I'm playing.

Amateur

Two things:

Squad status - I want an option that players in my first team are eligible to be picked for reserve matches. I want that for those 3-4 players in my 20/22 first team squad that rarely play. It's hard work and boring to micromanage them between first team and reserves, i want to see them in the first team squad and know they'll have a decent level of fitness cause theyve played reserve team games.

Player potential - I'd like to see more variation as to which players become superstars. For example, right now a PA of -10 means the player will receive a PA between 170-200. A PA of -9 means a player will receive a PA of 150-200. I want there to be a larger variation, i.e. players with a PA of -10 have a 20% chance of a PA >190, players with a -9 PA have a 5% chance of a PA>190, players with a PA of -9 have a 0,1% chance of a PA>190, etc.

Might sound like hard work, but it prevents the same players being great on everyones games and increases the variability.

Amateur

I'd like to be able to scout by potential.

I could tell a scout I want a striker for the future with 15 off-the-ballness. My scout will then go off and look for players who might not necessarily have 15 OTB at the moment, but his potential ability might mean he'll have at least 15 if he achieves his potential.

Part-Timer

I'd like to search for players with a release fee.

And in the media, I'd love to be able to suggest my own players to the media for international call-ups.

"XXXXXXX manager YYYYYYYY has said that England Manager Fabio Capello should look no further than his striker ZZZZZZZ to complete England's front line. ZZZZZZ has been in excellent form this seaosn"

And also I'd like to be able to have a go at opposing managers for being too physical. Say if you get a lot of injuries in one game, you can accuse the other manager of sending his team out to hurt your players.

Amateur

i would like to be able to put in a request to the chairman that semi professional clubs become professional. this is hopeless when playing in lower leagues anywhere except in england, where all clubs become pro when beeing promoted to league two. i was promoted to first div in scotland and was the only semi-pro club in the league. naturally, i was relegated immediately...

Part-Timer

I'd like an option for setting different players to take indirect and direct freekicks.

Also two options for the swapping:
    - Swap position with instruction
    - Swap position without instructions

Amateur

Does anybody ever read this thread or is it just a way to get all the "ideas" clumped into one nice and tidy thread?

course they read them, people wont buy a game which has nothing they like in it, its in their interests to listen to us.

Amateur

1. Football agents should have a big influence on their players. Example: Nowadays World Class Players will have their contracts reviewed almost every season.
    2. Awards should only go for players whose World Reputation is higher than, for example, 150.
    3. Transferring players should be easy. There should always be a club interested in your players.
    4. Players that go on loan are normally available for transfer or not needed by the club. This is not true and should be tuned.
    5. Wages, financial status, bank loans, chairman loans, etc...should be tuned because most of the times you have huge profits. Nowadays only 20 clubs in the world have a good financial situation.
    6. Big players and Managers should only move to big clubs! ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, Inter, ACMilan and Juve, Barcelona and Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.
    Leagues like the Portuguese or Dutch have no ability to buy players from a Premier League club! Players that play for small clubs in the EPL or La Liga or Serie A will not be interested in changing to the Dutch League or the Portuguese League even if it is a big club...

Semi Pro

I'd be forever thankful to the programmer who codes the game to allow me to manage all 3 teams effectively.

Currently, if my senior team has a match scheduled on the same day as my youth team, then I only get to manage the youth team live. My assman gets to manage the senior team. I'd like to be able to manage both games. If it's not realistic to do both matches back-to-back then give me the choice as to which one I will manage on that day.

Currently, my senior players have the option to be "moved to reserves for the next 5 days". Then, the players stay listed in the senior squad, but show up automatically in the reserve game IF the ass man is coaching the reserves. If I am managing the reserves and tell my senior players to move to the reserves for the next 5 games, I don't seem them listed as a choice for the match. Instead, I must move them manually back and forth between the squads before and after each reserve match.

Semi Pro

You can use the filters to show your first teamers, when choosing a side to play for the reserves

Amateur

more option to raise funds (this helps mainly small teams or big in problems) - like requesting of selling stadium name (for certain time) for extra one-time income (and this can be split into stands names - if this is realistic), or to cut mainitenance cost - share your stadium with another (local) teams.
    And others - request to board to take actions to ioncrease average (or for match) attendances - like organizing fan days, building extra parking space..etc - or to boost merchandise sales - like mentioned organizing fan days, matches against fans (very litle chance of discovering future/current (depending on age) of player for team)...etc.

Amateur

you know what, I'd just settle for a game that is not full of bugs on release and with leauges that actually works...

Not like now where I have payed for the opportunity to beta test.

Amateur

What dou you think about a custom database?
    Precisely, at the start of the game there is an option to sellect a country which all players will be showed in game.
    F.E - if you sellect England, then ALL english players (and staff) will be showed in game, including lower leagues.
    With the time I realised that many smaller countries after 10-15 seasons dont have many "real" players in game, that means - the most of their players are gray. Even if you don't sellect a Holland, Brazil oder Argentina players (and I'm playing large database)- in 2015 their youth teams are not really strong, and they have not really great players in their squad.
    Also, when I send scouts to these countries, they usually don't find anything special.

So, I tryed one time at the start to use "show all players" option for many countries, not only european to have more realistic database. So I took f.e. romania, ghana, japan, china, mexico...- all countries which have realistic chance to bring up a quality player.
    This "action" improved a realism very nice (there were a many youth talents in different edges of the world, and there was more staff to choose)but also it SLOWES MY GAME very very much.

So, what do you think about this - at the beginning, we can choose small, medium, large or CUSTOM database.
    When you take custom database their will be shoved all countries, and you can choose how many players/staff from that country will be ALLWAYS there as a real player/staff. (0, 25, 50, 75 or 100%).

F.E. - you select England, 100 $ - all players will be shoved; 75%- all proffesional players and half of low leagues players will be showed (depends of reputations)... by 25% their will be only players with national (or higher) reputation, and national team players

This allows you to have nice south american, dutch, or east european players in year 2020.
    For really small and unimportant football countries (f.e. Vietnam, Fiji, Andorra) you can select 0 or 25% if you want.

I know, the model isn't perfect, but it's a good basic to make database and player/staff choice after 15 seasons more realistic.

Amateur

Default Re: Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' i

Proper Negotiations:

Club offering contract to player:

- player wants 10k per month + 100k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years
    - club offers back 10k per month + 0k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years
    - player (knowing that no transfer fee is coming) asks now 12k/month + 200 app.bonus + 1k goal bonus for 2 year
    - club offers back 10k per month + 0k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years
    - player (knowing that wage and transfer fee are blocked) asks 5k app. bonus + 10k goal bonus for 1 year-only, or says 'this is the most i can concede', forcing the club to step back and offer higher wages and so on.

The same is valid for club x club talks with all the options available...transfer fee, monthly installments, fee after x goals, etc...

legionarul

It would be nice to invest your money earned from a contract as a manager(maybe personal sponsors)..to have a private life..house..car..wife..kids..hobby's..the direct rivals from ea sports already did that..
    It would be nice also to have a more variaty of news..media comments..player interaction..
    Besides that..im very annoyed as a very good player like Marco Materazzi or Christian Vieri (that are well past 30 years of age) will not even discuss the matter of a transfer for a club from a low reputation country(league) even tough in real life it is very possible if that club is very rich..
    I've saw some very good ideas for the game..along as very bad ones..I hope SI and SEGA will really consider our ideas cause some of us are really old fans of these game..

Reserves

Small, easy-to-do suggestion for FM09:

When you set up a new game and you want to retain players from certain nations, that list is very long and scrolls down slowly. You can only tick one at a time and then go back to the start. Why not have a menu that opens up and allows you to tick however many you want, then tick confirm?

Amateur

We really need reliable (meaning: not contradictory) reports on (our own) players. At the beginning of the game, it's easier because many players are known, but when they are almost all regens, the reports need to be reliable.

The system regarding commenting on dodgy refereeing decisions is, while a decent idea in principle, quite heavily flawed.

Whilst it's possible to determine whether a player is offside or not, it's impossible to tell the difference between what is a foul and what is not, what is a penalty and what is not etc. After all, all it is two dots bumping into each other. The whole media thing is then reduced to a simple game of chance. Sure, you can click no comment, but tha kind of defeats the point of having it.

What I suggest is that your assistant should comment to you after the game whether it looked a foul or not, so you at least have some kind of indicator whether it's worth your while blasting the ref. It would work similar to the appeals for red cards system, where your assistant says something like 'it was a professional foul, you'd be unlikely to succeed with an appeal'.

Whilst not a major addition, would certainly improve the media interaction and make it less of a farce.

Amateur

I think that the game should take into account tiredness that players may get through travelling long distances to away games. This could then allow you to choose how your team travels to games (depending on funds) i.e. coach, train, plane etc. For big games which might be a long way away it could be a good addition to fly the squad down to the game.

Amateur

Originally posted by LSS:
    I'd like an option for setting different players to take indirect and direct freekicks.

Also two options for the swapping:
    - Swap position with instruction
    - Swap position without instructions
    Seccond that.

Also:
    1. A pre- and post-match "message" asking you whether you want to say something to the press. You can do that already, but you have to click here and there... I was thinking of grouping everything like this:
    Your team - opp. Team 1 - 1
    press conference.
    Talk about:
    - the referee
    - your team
    - opp. team
    - your player
    - opp. player
    - nothing

2. Less coaches, more effective (just like IRL...)

3. The first team manager shouldn't interfere with the handling of the youth team. All the technical and the financial aspects should be handled by the board (these include the "youth team manager", the coaches, contract renewals...). The "youth team manager" could tell you if there is a great prospect that you may want to promote in the first team, and you may have veto right if they want to sell a player you like, but nothing more.

4. Since many teams have a lot of reserves and players promoted from the youth team, selling them or loaning them out takes a lot of time... It would be really really useful to have an option like "transfert listed players in the reserve team handled by the ass. man./board."

Closed Thread
Page 23 of 80 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 73 ... LastLast