Actually Had Enough of this game

what is wrong with fm09 i paid £30 for this game and it just is not up to scratch fair shout the first patch on time well done for that but this problem with forwards is stupid i have signed a new forward every 6 months wth man city to try and find someone who scores and yes these are decent forwards Including robinho who did terrible upfront so i went with huntelaar terrible again so then it was with peter crouch who was good for the first 10 games then floped so now i am with augero what can go wrong well simple really everything can go wrong !!!!!!!!!

so with this at the mo this is the most dissapointing fm so far :( please si release the patch to fix this problem

should put Aguero at AMC, he does much much better there for some reason. And everyones first 15 games of the first season seems to level. It was wierd i had draws in my first 8 matches but still was only 3 points from the top. And it took some time for my players to get used to my system. Patience is a virtue.

I think the strikers are about right I have had Defoe for my Sunderland team for 3 seasons and he has scored 25, 22 and 26 which is pretty good and realistic. The amount of goals for strikers on FM08 was way to high with people scoring 40-50 goals a season that just doesnt happen that often in real life. I am sure someone will come on here and say its your tactics, do you use a lone striker? I had trouble getting them to score but 2 upfront seems to be alot better.

You may find it was originally an issue with your tactics, which lead to morale issues. Then it would have only been made worse by buying too many strikers and annoying them by giving them too many rivals for their position.

Remember in FM over the years they have made more and more of your actions affect your players and their form. I suggest you start again with different tactics and trial and error these tactics in your pre-season to perfect. Then I'm sure you will succeed.

wanna know what annoys me? it takes a mammoth effort for your team to break the computer AI down... only for the computer AI to rip holes through your team with 2 passes..

agree completly

yes i do play a lone forward and have shuffled my tactics a few times and the tactics wrok for like 2 games then i do crap again for the next 3-4 games :S

I played my first game on 09 with Man City, Robinho scored 19 in 27 games. Other strikers did ok.

If you sign a new forward every six months what do you expect? It has always ben the case with any FM that a signing needs a season to bed in to the way your team plays, if you are chopping and changing every two minutes how can you expect your team to get any rythm?

and before you say anything I dont play 09 anymore but for different issues, i think it is ok but I prefer 07.

your tactics are wrong mate not the players or si. try making crouch or aguero a target man and say where you want the balls to go to him. i did this, i am on december 23rd and i am unbeaten with liverpool and podolski has 17 goals and torres has 13, keane 10, owen 11 and balotelli 9 from the RAM position.

Maybe he's better than you..?

AI, I would think, actually know what the sliders and stuff mean so they can implement what they want properly. Harder for people if you aren't super good.

Anyway, just take a 1-0 win.

maybe he is lol.yeh thats what i do i just take the win, a win is a win tho. it.

maybe he is lol.yeh thats what i do i just take the win, a win is a win tho. it.

exactly i beat standard 7-0 and played well, then beat chavski 1-0 and the chavski score was more important for me. anyway a bit off topic here but, a 1-0 win is good? haha try saying that to some of the die hard scousers i know who expect us to turn over every team and boo our players when we don't. :p

but back on topic, this is what pre-season is for. try different formations and see what happens.

well i have changed my tactics done my training *woops INJ my mids to heavey training lol* and i not scoring loads 2 draws in two matchs one being 1-1 with brummy and one being 0-0 with blackburn btw i am man city and here is my team and tactics.

And im not leaking loadsa goals :p

tacteamvp3.th.jpg

I'll say this again.

Adebayor in my second season.

t_Adebayorseam_13b89ec.jpg

But i won't say it's your tactics, because

A. It's a total cliche on here and

B. I've had useless strikers as well.

fair shout mate but it is also a known thing with smaller *height* forwards dont do aswell on fm09

and as i type agureo scores his first goal for me in 7 games :p

Think I'm right in saying that Jo, who cost Man City £19 million in the summer, has scored 3 goals in 19-20 appearances this season. Robbie Keane has scored 2 league goals for Liverpool, both against WBA at Anfield, price tag: £18 million. Dimitar Berbatov has scored two league goals for Man Uted, at home to Stoke and (again) West Brom. Price tag: £30 million+. It happens.

@ joshmay07

Can I see a pkm of this tactic in action? The 1-1 with Birmingham or 0-0 with Blackburn.

Click on a fixture

Click Save in the left corner

Locate the file in D:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\matches

Upload to hosting site (filefront, megaupload, rapidshare, etc.)

In general I would say overloading as you are doing is probably the hardest way to get goals in this version, especially if you don't have an aerial threat and the opposition is sitting back.

I'll say this again.

Adebayor in my second season.

t_Adebayorseam_13b89ec.jpg

But i won't say it's your tactics, because

A. It's a total cliche on here and

B. I've had useless strikers as well.

You using the corner trick with him challenging the keeper by any chance?

Also scored 54 goals for the season and still only finished on an average rating of 7.29 lol

what is wrong with fm09 i paid £30 for this game and it just is not up to scratch fair shout the first patch on time well done for that but this problem with forwards is stupid i have signed a new forward every 6 months wth man city to try and find someone who scores and yes these are decent forwards Including robinho who did terrible upfront so i went with huntelaar terrible again so then it was with peter crouch who was good for the first 10 games then floped so now i am with augero what can go wrong well simple really everything can go wrong !!!!!!!!!

so with this at the mo this is the most dissapointing fm so far :( please si release the patch to fix this problem

Long gone are the days where your main striker scores 50 in the league. Aguero for me has only scored 7 league goals in 20 matches & Acapandie has scored 11 league goals in 19 league games. I'm sitting top of the league so I have no qorries bout goals for my forwards.

So I don't see anything wrong with your game at all.

Don't get me started on Aguero. He's labelled a "world-class" striker yet no matter how I play him he hardly ever scores. The only time he does is the rare occasion when he goes off on drugs and plays like a god, scoring three goals in a game. I have 19yr old nathan delfounseo (rubbish stats) and 19yr old balotelli (better stats, but still not "world class") scoring much more often. Is this under review as an issue or are we just bad at the game?

You using the corner trick with him challenging the keeper by any chance?

Also scored 54 goals for the season and still only finished on an average rating of 7.29 lol

Not sure what you mean by "the corner trick"

Tbh he scored a lot of headers, as well as one on ones.

Having the pace of Theo helped but he was quality.

when i play a match i might win 1-0 then i let my ass manager have a game and he wins 4-0 or so.that does seem weird tho.i cant seem to get goals but he can.

Just because of that, I let my Asst. Man. play the next 2 matches for me. Won a very hard away game 3-0 and 6-1 the next home game, supposed to be a close encounter...

Guess that means I have great players but suck at tactics, because I don't think I would have gotten those scores :D My tactics are based on TTF...

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to get the most out of my players.

Edit: My short striker, who's been absolutely rubbish scored twice in the 6-1 match... hahahaha! I should ask my assistant to please give me some pointers.

Just because of that, I let my Asst. Man. play the next 2 matches for me. Won a very hard away game 3-0 and 6-1 the next home game, supposed to be a close encounter...

Guess that means I have great players but suck at tactics, because I don't think I would have gotten those scores :D My tactics are based on TTF...

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to get the most out of my players.

dont use RoO it sucks utterly in this version. try 5x5 mentalities.

ok, lets pretend it's not a bug, it's a feature. What's the purpose for it ? Why do I have to spend hours to find a tactic for my world class striker to score ? Why make 9 out of 10 tactics not work ? Where is the fun in that ? How is it enjoyable to sit for hours guessing what works and what doesn't ? It's a game, not a NASA project, I feel like I am writing a final exam when I play. I pay money to have fun... it's like getting a girlfriend who punches you in the face every time you say something she doesn't like.

wanna know what annoys me? it takes a mammoth effort for your team to break the computer AI down... only for the computer AI to rip holes through your team with 2 passes..

totally agree with you... i find that fm 09 is really hard to play... i mean i know its supposed to be realistic but give me a break... its a game... so dont make it this hard... its like you have to know real management to actually do anything with your team

well i have changed my tactics done my training *woops INJ my mids to heavey training lol* and i not scoring loads 2 draws in two matchs one being 1-1 with brummy and one being 0-0 with blackburn btw i am man city and here is my team and tactics.

tacteamvp3.th.jpg

hmm, playing with no midfield? I'd guess it's your tactics that are the problem:D

Have you tried ww fans tt&f thread? With Bristol Rovers I have not had this problem

had 4 strikers, figured i needed just one more (i play with 2 strikers) so i bought Podolski thinkin YEA! hes CLASS!

damn...25 games in, he had 3 goals!! and 2 were in 1 match!! bought him in the summer, and hes upped the ante since January (coincidentally when i bought Giovinco to replace Rafael van der Vaart who left to go Inter) so it took Podolski a whole 6 or 7 months to settle in :(

totally agree with you... i find that fm 09 is really hard to play... i mean i know its supposed to be realistic but give me a break... its a game... so dont make it this hard... its like you have to know real management to actually do anything with your team

Exactly but you dont have the ability to be able to motivate your team like in real life, you have a set list of things instead lol

I've had Aguero at Atletico for 3 seasons though and he's just not really scoring alot. And its not tactics, any type of chance he misses, even one on ones. Yet other players who aren't as good bang them in most of the time. Don't really get it. I have a feeling that strength has a massive part to play in the game and weaker strikers are penalised.

tacteamvp3.th.jpg

Your tactics look absolutely insane. Fair play to you if you can make them work but they really scare me.

I think the strikers are about right I have had Defoe for my Sunderland team for 3 seasons and he has scored 25, 22 and 26 which is pretty good and realistic. The amount of goals for strikers on FM08 was way to high with people scoring 40-50 goals a season that just doesnt happen that often in real life. I am sure someone will come on here and say its your tactics, do you use a lone striker? I had trouble getting them to score but 2 upfront seems to be alot better.

Agree, i had aguero in my Liverpool 08 team and he blasted in 72 goals in one season.

i think SI have it spot on this year.

Archived