Actually Had Enough of this game

I had the same striker problem, with pretty much the same players (Robinho, Huntelaar, Aguero) then downloaded a friends tactics and with any team they score f***ing loads (Chris Dickson, 47 Goals for Woking in first conference season). It may take away from your enjoyment to download someone else's tactics but I think you'll enjoy the game more when you're winning, regardless of whose tactical genius got you there. I've admitted to myself that it was my tactics that were at fault,(good elsewhere but not up front) but it's obviously not my area of expertise (whereas scouting...). Once you've got them scoring you can tweak them 'til it feels like your own tactics. You may not want to do this at all but it's just a thought. Best of luck.

joshmay07, I'm usually the last to say "it's your tactics" simply because I haven't seen them. But this time it's definately your tactics. They are not very well balanced.

Can you imagine any real life team playing a tactic like that? Their midfield would get swamped and they would have to rely on long balls, without a tall target man and therefore constantly get hit on the counter attack? Sure, you may score goals simply because of the amount of players you have up front but you need more midfielders to lay on the assists. I'm guessing, but I doubt you have goals coming from elsewhere in the team either? You need a more balanced approach.

Try dropping your middle 2 AMC players back a bit. Currently your playing a 4-1-5 tactic as your attacking midfielders are too far upfront to be effective. Try dropping van der Vaart and Wilshere back alongside Elano and having Elano set to rarely/mixed forward runs. So essentially your tactic becomes a 4-3-3 like Chelsea or Aston Villa sometime play in real life. You need a bit of steel in midfield too. The three players I have just mentioned simply don't have the ball winning quality you need to win a midfield battle against most teams. Maybe bring in a tough tackling, high work rate midfielder in the Mascherano mould or a tall ball winner like Vieira.

Your team seems to lack height and strength in the final third too. Roque Santa Cruz, Drogba or John Carew are ideal for this 4-3-3 set up. Finally Wilshere may be a bit young to hold his own week in week out so use him sparringly. Good luck and give it a while to let the players get used to it. Oh and if you're winning drop the attacking slider back a bit and use counter attack.

wanna know what annoys me? it takes a mammoth effort for your team to break the computer AI down... only for the computer AI to rip holes through your team with 2 passes..

Yeh... the AI goalkeepers always have an assist. Beautiful long pass over 60 yards. Goal. Nice! Realistic too! :S

Weird thing is I've found my forwards scores loads when they play by themselves up front. Not sure if that's because I sometimes have two AMCs supporting or what, but it's the only way I've found to get them consistent. Only problem with this is (and it's a doozy) I usually concede more than I score, so I only use it when I'm losing at half time.

But in general, I seem to be doing okay. There are tactical ways to win games but I can't deny there's an issue with it.

Yeh... the AI goalkeepers always have an assist. Beautiful long pass over 60 yards. Goal. Nice! Realistic too! :S

This is one of those issues I hardly every encounter. Not sure what I'm doing to avoid it because it's certainly not intentional. I push my line up and mark zonally - the only time I man-mark is when it's a lone front man.

I find it amusing how people say "it's your tactics". Well can someone tell me where in my tactics I can tell players such as Ruud V.N., Aguero, Torres. To finish one on one opportunities. My tactics are fine, Ruud.V.N get's atleast 2 one on ones a match and never seems to finish them off, same with Aguero and Torres. The chances for one on one come but they never finish them, so is there some kind of "finish one on one" tactic to change? :/

Archived