What Sort of Badge is this?

It is common to have FC(Football Club) in UK but in many other countries teams are rather considered as SC(Sport Club) and they have multiple teams competing with the same name, logo, board but obviously in different leagues with different rosters. I believe for this club football was not their main branch when they started. For example Barcelona also runs a very strong basketball team and they are as popular in euro basketball as they are in football.

It is common to have FC(Football Club) in UK but in many other countries teams are rather considered as SC(Sport Club) and they have multiple teams competing with the same name, logo, board but obviously in different leagues with different rosters. I believe for this club football was not their main branch when they started. For example Barcelona also runs a very strong basketball team and they are as popular in euro basketball as they are in football.

What it is that he said

I know what you mean but I would of thought that a football team would a badge that has something to do with football. Not a beachball and a cricketbat.

I know what you mean but I would of thought that a football team would a badge that has something to do with football. Not a beachball and a cricketbat.

I was thinking that but then I though how many teams actually do have a badge that has something to do with football, there's certainly quite a few that don't.

I was thinking that but then I though how many teams actually do have a badge that has something to do with football, there's certainly quite a few that don't.

Yeah I agree but what sort of football team has a badge with a picture of a completely different piece of sport equipment?

You have to remember that in other countries they treat sports in different ways. As has been said, in Spain, Portugal, Italy it's common for some teams to field teams for different sports, and those players play for the sports club, not just the football team. We value football very highly, but others see football as "one of many" sports, for their club at least, and for the football team to field a different logo than the other sports teams in the club would be disrespectful of their heritage and to the other sports teams who share their collective identity. I'm assuming that logo was created long before the football branch of the club was formed/became important, yet they use the logo because it links them with their all-including sports club.

Yeah I agree but what sort of football team has a badge with a picture of a completely different piece of sport equipment?

yeh thats true, i guess you could always say it does have something ball shaped in it, even if its a basketball lol :)

A British Example of this is Rangers who requalrly have a formula one style race with AC Milan and Porto and other teams

Flamengo and Corinthians from Brazil also participate in the Superleague Formula.

But the way this competition is structured, clubs are only lending their brands, they don't have much control over it.

In Brazil almost all teams are multi-sports. Flamengo, for example, started as a rowing club and have played several other sports, especially volleyball (2nd most popular team sport in Brazil) and basketball.

Ahaha Lexioes! Can't stand them but in Portugal and more than likely many other countries but its very popular to have roller hockey and basketball involved with other sports that are associated to a football club. With Leixoes thats just their whole badge for every sport they just want to represent every sport rather than just football

Olympiakos are active in 16 sports:

Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Water Polo, Swimming, Sailing, Table Tennis, Boxing, Atheltics, Weight Lifting, Shooting, Wrestling, Tennis, Rowing, Canoe/Kayak and this Super League Formula.

Massive brand and definately not all about football. I believe there basketball team is now attracting some of the top names in NBA because of the amount of money pumped into it. Many of there athletes are olympians and took part in the Beijing games.

Actually it's both. FC Barcelona stands for Fútbol Club Barcelona, Real Madrids full name is Real Madrid Club de Fútbol. In the strictest sense they are football clubs that own other sporting clubs - both have very successful basketball teams.

woah I don't think I've ever quoted myself before lol special

Archived