A NON-Commercial Real Time Editor

Has anyone found the time to please many players yet of FM with a proper non-commercial real time editor?

Please note... this post isnt about commercial editors, or so called donatable editors! Just those made by fans of this game that enjoy making something usefull for so many other people.

• 2 months later...
I cant imagine its very easy otherwise more would have done it, might be best to give the guy who developes FMRTE an email and see what info he is willing to share with you.

Haha, yeah. "Hey mate, can you tell me how you developed FMRTE so I can make my own RTE for FM and release it for free, thus taking away your custom. Cheers pal"

BBR, just sending Apple an e-mail.

Is there any chance that maybe SI themselves will develop an editor with the same functionality for future versions? There's obviously a huge demand for this kind of thing and it would also have the advantage of being compatible with new patches without delays.

Haha, yeah. "Hey mate, can you tell me how you developed FMRTE so I can make my own RTE for FM and release it for free, thus taking away your custom. Cheers pal"

He is actually quite forward with how FMRTE works, its worth a shot none the less.

Is there any chance that maybe SI themselves will develop an editor with the same functionality for future versions? There's obviously a huge demand for this kind of thing and it would also have the advantage of being compatible with new patches without delays.

A real time editor is a very dangerous thing, you can ruin your save using FMRTE to the point that is cannot be recovered quite easily, i dont think SI will ever release one.

He is actually quite forward with how FMRTE works, its worth a shot none the less.

A real time editor is a very dangerous thing, you can ruin your save using FMRTE to the point that is cannot be recovered quite easily, i dont think SI will ever release one.

It's only really a dangerous thing because it's someone else improvising and manipulating information stored in memory when in reality they dont *really* know for sure what they're doing. If SI developed their own, it'd no doubt be safer because they'd have more experience and understanding of how the game works and is coded. That said, I wouldnt ever expect an RTE as sophistocated and deep as FMRTE, purely because of the whole "risk" element, the more you allow a player to edit, the more chance they can do something dangerous, if it's simple then there's no real risk.

It's only really a dangerous thing because it's someone else improvising and manipulating information stored in memory when in reality they dont *really* know for sure what they're doing. If SI developed their own, it'd no doubt be safer because they'd have more experience and understanding of how the game works and is coded. That said, I wouldnt ever expect an RTE as sophistocated and deep as FMRTE, purely because of the whole "risk" element, the more you allow a player to edit, the more chance they can do something dangerous, if it's simple then there's no real risk.

I ment purely from a stance of, too many people would ruin their games changing too many things or making mistakes, SI would spend a hell of a lot of time fixing games people had broken using the official RTE, thats why i dont think they will ever bother.

It's more that he spent thousands of hours working on this over the past years and would rather get some financial compensation for all the work. I donated for FMRTE multiple times (also long before it became "payware"), as I'm extremely grateful for the work of its author.

There's no evil force out there to stop you from investing a similar amount of free time, unless SI add extra protection against editing.

Btw, this topic would fit far better in the editing subforum.

Exactly, so why put them in the game if they are not going to implement cheat protection?

The leaderboard system as supplied by Steam can be manipulated very easily. I don't mean manipulating it inside the game, but outside the game. Cheat protection inside the game would not affect it.

:)If you play the game in online mode?,,if so no thanks!:D

The proposal here is that the regular single player game would put statistics of your performance online so that you could compare yourself with others on a global hall of fame, for example you might have paid the 500th highest price ever paid for a player (to the AI), scored the 9938th most goals ever scored in the EPL, etc.

Nothing to do with playing multiplayer games.

The leaderboard system as supplied by Steam can be manipulated very easily. I don't mean manipulating it inside the game, but outside the game. Cheat protection inside the game would not affect it.

There is a server side system on steam nowadays I believe, that cannot be manipulated if you are not running the game.

I've always wanted a "Fantasy League" sorta gizmo.

Where in-game players assists, clean sheets, bonuses for good performances etc. were totaled and you'd get a leaderboard of the best performing players in the league, just like you get in Fantasy Premier League.

I'd much prefer a tool like this over a real time editor. Something that just data mines the games info for the passes, assists, goals, tackles per game, man of the match and totals them Fantasy Football style.

I used to do it manually every quarter with the players but it was very time consuming.

• Administrators

Yeah as has already been said a number of times, the microtransactions are ONLY in FMC and are ONLY used if the user chooses to do so. If you don't want them they'll never be activated.

In regards to an in-game editor, we do not and have never supported such an editor with our game, it has too much potential for causing errors within the game to be fully stable. We cannot support, fix or even look at any save which has been altered with an in-game editor. For that reason I'm closing this thread, thanks.

Archived