Tycoon? He's not. He's a bit tight and there's no pun in this title.

i recently joined valencia just as a tycoon was taking over. they have not finished better than 6th in the 4 years ive been playing. anyway, i think im gonna get a nice big transfer kitty and wage bill.......but no. 12m transfer kitty and 900k wage bill and my season expectations? title challange or title winners! WTF?

This 'tycoon' has 20 for resources and buisness. Why the crap budget?

IRL a tycoon took over newcastle (mike ashley) he gives loads of cookies

Fixed for you ;)

Too the OP how is thoughts of you?

It could be he does have money too spend but maybe will be waiting a season before investing more---if you are still the boss then.

Fixed for you ;)

Too the OP how is thoughts of you?

It could be he does have money too spend but maybe will be waiting a season before investing more---if you are still the boss then.

in four seasons i have ben playing i have won 4 leagues, a champs league and countless minor cups with Napoli (2 seasons) and fc bayern (2 seasons).

Why would he need reasurance?

in four seasons i have ben playing i have won 4 leagues, a champs league and countless minor cups with Napoli (2 seasons) and fc bayern (2 seasons).

Why would he need reasurance?

On my Nuneaton save I have taken them from the BSN to the Championship with promotion every season(no cheating just some luck and some shrewd signings).

In my Championship pre-season there was another takeover of the club(I survived the 1st),I could not believe that the new buyers already had a new manager lined up for when they bought the club,I was shocked.

I had offers coming in from the likes of Everton but I kept refusing.

After the takeover was over the new owner decided to give me a chance but he was not very excited too be fair,the only thing that saved my bacon was the club stature which he viewed as very good.

I had too win him over....all that for a measly 400k he put into the club :p

No, but their realistic fan's do ;)

Hey leave us fans alone! Sure there are a few guys who are out there that think we will win everything, but every club has those nutters. We've suffered 4 seasons of being pants isnt that enough for you people!

(i feel like that leave britney alone guy)

mike ashley expect the club to give him money. not the other way around :p

and no, newcastle can be pants forever, except when they face man city :p

anyway, i think they have done something to restrict budgets or something, Blackpool no longer has that 20+ million budget in the patch it had in the origonal database.

Blackpool no longer has that 20+ million budget in the patch it had in the origonal database.

I played as Blackpool after the last patch and they have a 2 million transfer budget but at around November time they gave me an extra 17 million too spend.

So I don't think it has changed that much.

Gave up the save after a season and a half as it felt like easy mode.

What is/was teh debt situation when he took over? Aren't Valencia in serious financial problems when the game starts, he may of spent all his money sorting that out rather then on your transfer budget.

Not to denegrate your skills but a good manager can easy put up a title challenge for £12m and £900k, the AI squad building is that rubbish :D.

What is/was teh debt situation when he took over? Aren't Valencia in serious financial problems when the game starts, he may of spent all his money sorting that out rather then on your transfer budget.

Not to denegrate your skills but a good manager can easy put up a title challenge for £12m and £900k, the AI squad building is that rubbish :D.

I know but i wanted big monies! :(

No, but their realistic fan's do ;)

There seems to be an expectation of football fans that every wealthy owner, if there is one who owns their club, should be like Abramovich, or Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and pump exorbitant amounts of money into the club. The idea that they might own it as an investment to be managed - at least to break even on - is anathema.

There seems to be an expectation of football fans that every wealthy owner, if there is one who owns their club, should be like Abramovich, or Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, and pump exorbitant amounts of money into the club. The idea that they might own it as an investment to be managed - at least to break even on - is anathema.

This. Tottenham are effectively majority owned (though the company he is a main shareholder in) by Joe Lewis who is a billionaire. He has never bankrolled the club and everything has been geared towards making it profitable.

The day it was posted I took bets on how long before it was reported (much longer than I expected) to be fair to us we all seemed to think it was an unintended pun, but yeh, in retrospect we should have opted for safety first:(

I saw nothing wrong with it, if someone wants to take something out of context to change it's meaning so that they can become offended then that's their look out.

/mini rant over.

They've all been tanning themselves at Brock's private beach house whilst Miles provides the Caviar, its a tought life working for SI.
Is that tought like Tiger?

I saw nothing wrong with it, if someone wants to take something out of context to change it's meaning so that they can become offended then that's their look out.

/mini rant over.

It just didn't sound right :D

I would have thought anyone thinking of a title would have played it safe and not put something like previous, it's not easy to miss :D

I did not intend the title to offend anyone, it was merely because ty is easily turned to tight without much change. If tycoon say was a different word, say typhoon it would have still worked and no one would have made an unintended link. it is just that the last bit of tycoon is unfortunate. i did wonder at it very briefly when i made the title, however i then went ahead with it as i thought that no one would be offended by the title upon seeing the content.

Perhaps we should write to SI and get them to stop using the word tycoon? it may offend someone.

Archived