Will you be using the updated database or the default one?

I use a lot of edited files to correct things like league structures, nations regens, adding more competitions, etc. As these were all made using the default database so i will stick with that and use one of the released january transfer window edited files so as not chance things and have the new database mess it up.

Due to there being a few problems with the 12.0 database if I have to start a new game it will be with the updated version.

I had planned on going with the updated database, but I've become a bit bored with the wait and more to the point, the checking in to "no news, its out when its out". I may not (probably won't at this stage) even bother with it. Given Euro 12, (in real life) the final day fixtures are a little earlier this season so the game will feel "old" even earlier this year. If I was offered a free FM13 now for November or whenever, I'd probably decline - just not impressed with SI's Wall of Silence on updates.

A good PS3 Euro 12 game would have far more appeal for me now - but that is a personal view. Good luck to all who proceed with a career game when the patch is finally out.

I wish they would create an new version of the database with the January transfers included as "future transfers dates" at the start of the game. I hate the unrealism of Zamora being a QPR player from the start of the game when he just wasn't. So I'll be using the original with some edits of my own to reflect major transfers in the leagues I play.

Archived