Worst team you ever won the Champions League with?

What's the worst team you ever won the CL with and what year was your save on when you did?

For me it was Lyn Oslo on FM09, I won the champions league third season due mainly to these two world class regens from my youth system who were basically both Messi in terms of skills and mentals only with average physicals.

What is the worst team you ever won the Champions league with in your FM career?

WESTON-SUPER-MARE from the lowest rung of the English setup

I mean C'mon, just the name itself gets you all excited right? Anyway, back in FM09, I was searching for a most ridiculous sounding team to play LLM and I knew this was the team the moment I saw it :D

WESTON-SUPER-MARE from the lowest rung of the English setup

I mean C'mon, just the name itself gets you all excited right? Anyway, back in FM09, I was searching for a most ridiculous sounding team to play LLM and I knew this was the team the moment I saw it :D

XD wow what year did you win the CL? What did your title winning team look like, mostly regens?

XD wow what year did you win the CL? What did your title winning team look like, mostly regens?

It was about 11-12 years later I think, yes mostly regens, but I do recall having Toni Kroos as my Advance Playmaker and that Pjanic fellow as a B2B Midfielder besides him. And I think Hugo Lloris was still my GK too.

I had this regen player: Francesco Palmisano poacher from Italy scoring 70+ goals in total that year though :D

Bayern Munich, Football Manager 10, I have only won it once and it was the first year of the game. Barcelona was the opponents, they had like 7 first team injuries including Messi, Xavi and Valdes...

I have won it numerous times with Chelsea and a twice with Real Madrid but my the worse team was with Napoli in my second season on FM 2011, The first season I was runner up to Man City in the Euro Cup but then beat them in the Champions Cup final the following year.

Awesome. My best ever save was with Napoli in FM11. Won the Europa League 3-2 against Ath.Madrid in my first year, in an incredible game. Then won the CL with them in 2013 against Barcelona, 3-1. Such fond memories of that save.

Newcastle United or Tottenham Hotspur. (take your pick) CM03/04, fluked it the second season with Newcastle once. Built the Spurs team up for over 10 years before first winning it. So for me its Newcastle United.

Never won the competition since the FM split. Only getting to the final with Arsenal on 08 twice.

I don't know if you mean worst team of players, or just smallest club. Usually by the time you win the CL, you've turned whoever you're managing into quite a good team

This year i won it with Slovan Bratislava in the second season, keeping almost all the original squad, lucking my way to the Final and then beating Lyon 3-0 with like 40% possession or something stupid. Also did a similar thing with Austria Vienna, again in the second season, again with minimal signings. Both after the morale bug was patched.

Smallest club is probably HJK Helsinki, or Molde. The Molde game was fairly soon, 2nd or 3rd season i think, but it took me a while to win it with Helsinki, as the game kept forcing me to sell my players for about 20p every time someone came knocking :(

On FM2007 I managed to win the Champions League with Hammerfest who started in the Norwegian 2nd Division Group 4 on that game. That's the 3rd level of the Norwegian league.

It took 14 seasons to win the Champions League, and a lot of hard work and frustration as my chairman sold various key players over the years. It was worth it though when we became dominant in Norway, and then won the Champions League after an extra time win over Tottenham.

I picked Hammerfest because they were the most Northern team on the game who were playable. The best save game I've ever had.

maybe this thread should be called, worst team u won CL with, without using genie scout, fmrte, edited database or reload/replay match facility

mine would be Aston Villa in i think FM08 i think it was, havent managed to make them successful since

won it on last years edition (fm11) with Parma but they had tycoon owner so i splashed a lot of cash, also won it with Real Madrid 3 times but spent 360m over 5 seasons

in FM10 won it with Juventus but they had been somewhat revived by the time i took over, although not to the extent of success i brought them

Dundee United on fm10. We were walkaway champions in Scotland but we still only mainly had bottom half English Premier League standard players, a 17 year olf wonderkid left winger and 1 striker who carried the team because he was so good (203 goals + 130 assists in 284 games for the club in all competitions).

We had never got past the group stage until 2021 (I joined in 2016) but lost in the Europa final on penalties the year before. This time though things just seemed to go right and we even beat Barcelona home and away in the group stage to knock them out on the final round of matches in the group. I can't remember much about the run to the final apart from beating Bayern 4-1 away in the semi final 1st leg. In the final we got Man Utd and we took the lead thanks to the wonderkid before Man Utd equalised on the brink of half time. My sub striker scored with 14 minutes to go but we held on for what seemed forever to win 2-1.

maybe this thread should be called, worst team u won CL with, without using genie scout, fmrte, edited database or reload/replay match facility

If you're referring to posts like mine, then I've never used any of those.

This year i won it with Slovan Bratislava in the second season, keeping almost all the original squad, lucking my way to the Final and then beating Lyon 3-0 with like 40% possession or something stupid. Also did a similar thing with Austria Vienna, again in the second season, again with minimal signings. Both after the morale bug was patched.

Smallest club is probably HJK Helsinki, or Molde. The Molde game was fairly soon, 2nd or 3rd season i think, but it took me a while to win it with Helsinki, as the game kept forcing me to sell my players for about 20p every time someone came knocking :(

Are you telling me that you have won the CL, with:

+ Slovan Bratislava in 2nd season?

+ Austria Vienna in 2nd season?

+ Molde 2nd/3rd season?

All very doable, but in the second season? :rolleyes:;):p

Worst team in the actual sense of worst squad, rather than "team that had a very low reputation at the start of a long-term save" would be Palermo. I won it in the first year they entered the competition, kind of miraculously. It was amazing at the time, but kind of took the joy out of the save, as I'd achieved everything I wanted to achieve within a few years.

Archived