Football Manager 2012 Hopes

Ha-ha. Just had a rejected bid for one of my players from Fulham. Sure enough, the player's agent is nagging me.

My hope is that the tones system + contract negotiations work as well as they look on the video blogs. If so I'll be one happy camper.

I really hope the editor goes back to the flexibility of FM10, where it was possible to create a true World League. FM11 had too many game-breakers in this area.

I very much doubt they will change it though.

I really hope the editor goes back to the flexibility of FM10, where it was possible to create a true World League. FM11 had too many game-breakers in this area.

I very much doubt they will change it though.

"Football Manager 2012, as always, comes with a free data editor, which allows you to edit the games players, clubs, competitions and add new competitions. Here are some edited highlights of things added to the editor this year.

You can now add international competitions as well as league ones, you have the option to edit currency exchange rates, an option to add a league split in regionalised league groups, the ability to add squad rules for continental competitions, such as having to register a certain amount of players by a specific date and all the new contract clauses that were added into FM11 are now editable in the editor. As with everything in the blogs, there are more new things in the editor too, but we’ll let you find those out for yourself once the game is released on October 21st"

"Football Manager 2012, as always, comes with a free data editor, which allows you to edit the games players, clubs, competitions and add new competitions. Here are some edited highlights of things added to the editor this year.

You can now add international competitions as well as league ones, you have the option to edit currency exchange rates, an option to add a league split in regionalised league groups, the ability to add squad rules for continental competitions, such as having to register a certain amount of players by a specific date and all the new contract clauses that were added into FM11 are now editable in the editor. As with everything in the blogs, there are more new things in the editor too, but we’ll let you find those out for yourself once the game is released on October 21st"

This doesn't answer my query though. There were some options available in FM10, but they were changed in FM11.

I dont think its included, but something me and a mate we talking about yesterday.

Easier to understand stas for certain positions. Meaning when scouted/contracted, certain stats stand out as a priority for that particular position.

Eg:

DC - make have average pace, but good stats in marking, tackling, heading etc compared to pace and crossing for a DL/WBL/ etc...

or a Support MC or a Ball Holding MC or example.. different stats make for the better role/position..

Just some of the stats might not be 100% easy to understand for each position, and should be highlighted as "priority" for that.

Just a thought

I dont think its included, but something me and a mate we talking about yesterday.

Easier to understand stas for certain positions. Meaning when scouted/contracted, certain stats stand out as a priority for that particular position.

Eg:

DC - make have average pace, but good stats in marking, tackling, heading etc compared to pace and crossing for a DL/WBL/ etc...

or a Support MC or a Ball Holding MC or example.. different stats make for the better role/position..

Just some of the stats might not be 100% easy to understand for each position, and should be highlighted as "priority" for that.

Just a thought

THIS!!

(10char)

I don't.

Just going by previous years there's always been an announcement when the game goes gold.

It's normally mentioned in the daily blog.

Well they said if everything goes to plan the Demo will be out this Friday or this weekend, so there still time for them to announce it. They just might announce it via podcast this Friday.

I hope for reasonable feedback from the boardroom, they can be so fickle.

example;

Start of season meeting

Board: What do you think we can achieve this season

Manager: To be honest if we survive I'll be happy

Board: We agree, here's your budget & good luck.

6 months later...

Board: Amazing, we're delighted that you guided us to 7th place

Manager: With a little extra backing I think we can actually take the title

Board: OK, let's give it a go, here's some extra money to help you........oh by the way we are now disappointed that we are only on course to secure a play-off spot.

I just hope that i can get into it more than FM10 & 11. I fear work and family life, time restrictions and perhaps age (an ancient 27) may be a contributing factor to not being able to get into the previous 2 versions. As for the game, id like the youth system, transfer system and scouting to be improved. Would love to have seen Academies introduced but i fear this will not be the case. Least ill have a challenge with my Arsenal save. Getting them to avoid relegation should be a realistic target.....:(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived