Biggest transfer offer for my BSP player

I'm playing with Boston Utd and currently in BSP.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4374/nicholasi.jpg

He is my key player and the best defender in the team. He is currently good for the league 1 side and the potential to become a leading league 1 player( my scout and coach have only 14potential judging ability).

Now the offers i got from a Sweden club says he is their main target and want to replace their main player with him. I don't want to lose him so i made the asking price of 4M, 40% of next sale and a friendly too to withdraw their interest. But the response was unexpected.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9137/offer.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1116/offer2.jpg

and another offer is 1.3M direct and other clauses. Now i'm confused should i sell him and invest it(i can spend 70% of the transfer fees i receive) to buy other players or should i stick with him as i think now that he got more potential than my coaches showing and more importantly i'm on course of winning the BSP as im 5 points clear of 2nd placed team and 28 games played by not selling the best form and settled player.

So what should i do?

P.S: He said he is tempted by interest but he is happy and want to remain at Boston:)

This is a hard one to decide that is a hell of a lot of money for the league you are in. I am not really a selling manager so I would be tempted to keep him, if he has potential and you are going to be promoted anyway then you might be able to get more money in a couple of seasons for him. How do you think your current side will get on in the league above? If you feel you will struggle you might have to sell.

yea the problem is i don't want to lose him, he is the best defender in the team and replacing him at the middle of the season may backfire and cost my position. It's hard to decide. I have three or four players who already can play in the league 1 but i may have to improve couple of positions that needs improvement for the next season.

Already made a bad decision by selling my main GK Bateman to Charlton for 68K(actual value 10K) who was really good for league 1 and was the least conceded GK last season and most clean sheet too. I bought Hamilton who is also good for league 1 and had little better attributes, but keep failing to keep clean sheets. Bateman was really good at organizing defenders and keeping them in positions.

I signed this player for a league one side for free on another game and have just been looking at him on another...I won't tell you what my scouts said about him but $4m for a side below the championship is an absolute no brainer - SELL SELL SELL! With that kind of money you could buy a whole new team never mind a CB. 70% of $500k up front would easily allow you to replace him with a player as good if not better.

I got Oliver Nicolas when I was in Blue Square North with Vauxhall Motors. He is the only player to rise through the leagues with my team and eventually become a good premiership player. He scored 14 goals for me in the BSP and got 8 in league 2 from corners. He is now 34 and backup, best signing ive ever made in the lower leagues.

yeah hes a good player for the league you are in, but with that money you will have constantly high transfer money and a very secure club. You could sign players who are better than him with more potential, and possibly improve youth facilities or something. I'd sell :)

If he is your best player. Then why is he transfer listed and regarded as no longer needed??

Presumably he offered him out to other clubs to see what offers came back. This automatically can set status to "not needed" and transfer-listed.

What's the bid in £, about £2mil?

Whatever it is, accepting is the only smart thing to do (the first offer, not the second)

I sold my best player (a striker at a BSP club) to Middlesbrough for £500k and thought I'd end up sliding down the league, but this season I'm top of the league and hoping to get promoted to L2. In the BSP, there are so many good players available on free transfers, just spend some time looking through the free agent screen and you'll find a gem to replace him.

I'm playing with Boston Utd and currently in BSP.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4374/nicholasi.jpg

He is my key player and the best defender in the team. He is currently good for the league 1 side and the potential to become a leading league 1 player( my scout and coach have only 14potential judging ability).

Now the offers i got from a Sweden club says he is their main target and want to replace their main player with him. I don't want to lose him so i made the asking price of 4M, 40% of next sale and a friendly too to withdraw their interest. But the response was unexpected.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/9137/offer.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1116/offer2.jpg

and another offer is 1.3M direct and other clauses. Now i'm confused should i sell him and invest it(i can spend 70% of the transfer fees i receive) to buy other players or should i stick with him as i think now that he got more potential than my coaches showing and more importantly i'm on course of winning the BSP as im 5 points clear of 2nd placed team and 28 games played by not selling the best form and settled player.

So what should i do?

P.S: He said he is tempted by interest but he is happy and want to remain at Boston:)

Ohh ...I have the same player in my Bath City BSP team :) ... not gotten any offers on him yet, and season is almost over :( ... not that I am complaining. I expect to use him for several seasons more. But if someone wanted to offer a butt-load of money for him, I'd sell him in a heart beat. Lower league teams are usually not swimming in cash, and at that level replacements can be found.

Also you might risk him getting injured seriously, and not playing a lot, or maybe fall out of form as you ride through the ranks, and might not be able to sell him for that amount in a few seasons time.

yea but the only doubt is that will this 1.7M transfer fund be available for the next season or do i have spend it this window itself? If this amount is available for next season then spending that time would be better i think, because the club status will be improved that time and more quality players will be willing to join the club. So can anyone clarify it?

yea but the only doubt is that will this 1.7M transfer fund be available for the next season or do i have spend it this window itself? If this amount is available for next season then spending that time would be better i think, because the club status will be improved that time and more quality players will be willing to join the club. So can anyone clarify it?

Your transfer budget will be re-evaluated at the end of the season/start of the next based on your season expectations... I'd spend the money now as it's unlikely that a L2/BSP club will get that much transfer budget at the beginning of a season. You can buy players to join at the end of the season and the money will be taken from your current budget :thup:

i'm not going to spend it, i already signed two defenders one youngster and one experienced.

i just want to know if the same money will be available for the next season that's all.

No, the money won't roll over - you'll be given a normal budget next season. In the lower leagues, though, its often best to save money!

Thanks all. Guess i'll spend some this season not for players but i need a good scout, fitness coach and assistant manager. can't find any good free ones.

Do you guys often sell players when you are in lower divisions?

I'm only managed to sell 3 players. First one was in BSN when i sold a CB for 2K( 0 +2K after 20 games, got it that season), then this summer window my GK to Charlton for 68K(10K actual value) and now Nocholas.

Yep.

Sell, sell, sell - replace with a freebie. There is nobody at that level who is indispensible.

Indeed not :D ... though I have a nasty tendency to get really attached to some players :) ... makes it hard on the old soul to sell them on.

Sold him and now i got 1.7M to spend. Bought two players one 19yr old who got championship potential(again crap scout with 14potential judging ability) and another 37yr old who is good for league 2.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8919/williamsef.jpg

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5018/bogusz.jpg

couldn't able to find a player of Nicholas current ability who is willing to join now.

I would like to know if i don't spend the money this window then will i get this amount to spend next season? Bcoz i may get promotion as I'm 1st in the league now and then the club status and manager reputation will improve and i can attract more quality players.

If someone playing with Blue Square teams then these players will be useful

Alan Moss LB: not a fast defender but a quality youngster. got him in my first season in BSN when he was 16 but immediately become my best player and fans voted him as the best player of the season. Potential was good for league 2 when i signed him but now it is good for league 1.

alanmoss.jpg

mossrating.jpg

Carlos ST: My best signing this season(BSP) i think and the first player who have an agent. He will ask high wage so first ask him to come for trial then can sign him for affordable wages. He is a leading league 1 player.

carlosc.jpg

Sell him. You'll find another good CB to replace him.

TC what leagues do you have in your save?

England and Dutch[View only] with large database. I thought Less countries make game little more harder as getting good players will be little more difficult. and i like dutch players though they don't usually produce quality players regularly.

Archived