I paid £95 million for Pato!!!!!!!

OK, I bought Pato from AC Milan at 26 in my game. He cost me A totall of£95 million. Obviously I bought him right at his peak rather than immediately once I started my new game. This guys is worth it and I had about £160 million given to me in transfer budget by a new consortium who took over Arsenal after 7 years in. Anyone else out there boughrt way over the odds. Did these work out for you.

shanw

HOLY HELL! I thought buying him for £15 Million was a chunk in my bank. But yeah, it's worth it. I remember paying about something around £40 Million for a Regen in one of my games while at AC Milan, but I can't remember the name since it was either 2007 or 08.

I do remember him scoring five past Inter though. :D

Wow...

I was considering cancelling my record transfer of £32 million for pastore, but I didnt because I really needed someone to kick fabregas into shape.

£95million is more than ALL my big name signings in 4 years! (hazard, pastore, Frey, Sissoko)

I've never had success with big transfer fee. My highest is 20m + 2m after 30 app for a young Argentine regen labeled as the next Maradona and Messi; he actually had 3 great seasons in River's first team. But when he moved to England, he broke his leg after 2 months into the season and sidelined for 4 months. Fortunately, Lazio was dumb enough to buy him for 18m at the end of season.

I think I'll stick with under 10m transfers.

£23M for Wilshere, £20M for Hazard, £16M for Renan, £12M for Rafael, £16M for Rodwell, £7M for Lukaku = £94M .. I think you overpaid just a little.

If he was worth the money, then he is worth it. I try and keep purchases under £25M, only two over £20M so far (Wilshere & Hazard).

OK, I bought Pato from AC Milan at 26 in my game. He cost me A totall of£95 million. Obviously I bought him right at his peak rather than immediately once I started my new game. This guys is worth it and I had about £160 million given to me in transfer budget by a new consortium who took over Arsenal after 7 years in. Anyone else out there boughrt way over the odds. Did these work out for you.

shanw

Somehow AC Milan let his contract expire in my game and i snapped him up on a free.

With rating like that looks like he justified that fee.

I know, he was in my World Cup winning Spanish team and I admit, he's just unbeatable. Still, I would never pay that much for a player. Not even for a world class forward.

I paid £110M for Torres to Arsenal... i got bored of the game after that.

Thats happened to me in the past, so I avoid doing it. Basically when I feel I have 'money to burn' it means ive lost interrest in the game and hope that a huge name signing with interrest me again. Never works.

I'm Liverpool had a big wage budget, think i got him on a £120,000 a week contract and paid his Agent a fair bit.

IVe never seen him with a contract of less than £150-180K, everytime he moved in my game he went way over £200K.

I paid 156m for a player before. A regen. Stuart Radcliffe. He wasn't worth it lol.

Ah well Pato isn't worth that much, in fairness. Similar players floating around for much less, like Hotlby.

Well as long as you're happy :)

I bought Pato for 19m in season 2 winter break for Liverpool.

Thinking of shipping him out soon as struggling to get a game.

Highest fee spent for me in my Liverpool FM 2011 save 5 seasons in was Davide Santon at 21 for £33.5m. Extragant for a right back but I bought him for LB ! and he has played there ever since. Will move him over this season as just sold Glen Johnson at 31.

Highest received was Dzeko, got him on a free and moved him on 2 seasons later for £35m to Inter.

I'm Liverpool too, also got Dzeko on a free, highest fee was £39million for Bale, but he has justfied that fee for me, and my squad is now youngish and can't see another big name coming in for 3 seasons or so.

I've paid £50 million for Aguero in previous saves, and once spent £50 million on Pjanic in the 6th or 7th season for Scunthorpe United. Both of them were absolute quality and well worth it. But I would not pay over £50 million for anyone. I know where to draw the line :rolleyes:

And here's me paying only 20m for Suarez :)

well what annoyed me with my transfer, Suarez had already played for 2 clubs this season, i've plonked him in the reserves so atleast he can get some action till end of season. No clubs wanted him on loan for 6 months. Now he is annoyed with me. Oh well

Archived