Laziest scout ever.

I don't think determination is the problem. I'm at arsenal and the scout mentioned is Bobby Bennett who has a determination of 16.

Thats surprising. I presume you don't have the MLS active in your gameworld?

Even so 5 days is still too short with newgens being created.

Maybe he went to a rough part of the USA and was mugged at gun point? So then he thought " screw this " and came straight back home. :D

On topic, that is very lazy. I don't think i have seen a Scout come back that quick on my saves, especially without any players to recommend. :thup:

SCouting is useless or else the standard of players has dropped enormously in my game! I rarely send scouts out anymore mainly because they dont find anyone good, meaning I have to go searching and then ask for their response. Its been like that for most of the game!

Also some come back and say they could be a good champiionship player - when I play in the premier league!!!

I have no idea why the uppity oiks take it upon themselves to end their scouting missions at all. I've sent them to a country for a reason and I am perfectly capable of recalling them should I wish to. In real life don't big clubs have scouts based in certain country's, so why shouldn't the game allow this?

I've gotten so brassed off with their work-shy chippy mentality that I refuse to hire any of them, and when I take over a club I can't think of resting until I've sacked every scout on the books. They're appalling, the whole bally lot of them.

I have no idea why the uppity oiks take it upon themselves to end their scouting missions at all. I've sent them to a country for a reason and I am perfectly capable of recalling them should I wish to. In real life don't big clubs have scouts based in certain country's, so why shouldn't the game allow this?

I've gotten so brassed off with their work-shy chippy mentality that I refuse to hire any of them, and when I take over a club I can't think of resting until I've sacked every scout on the books. They're appalling, the whole bally lot of them.

iI thought so with foreign scouts that they live there so why does the game not keep them there

So you'd rather they spent years building up knowledge and then not recommending anyone as there aren't any players loaded in that region? (In my mind they are actually just sitting down the pub drinking, as they know there are no players to find :p) I had a scout do that in Eastern Europe on a game once, after three years I stopped and sent him somewhere else. I think it's better they report back after a couple of days rather then wasting the clubs time and money.

I seriously hope scouting has been upgraded in fm11. I haven't seen a decent scout in the fm10 yet.

I sent my scouts out looking for certain things in players,like under 25 only EU players that sort of thing

and what do they come back with everything but what I asked.

if ur a premier league manager then always have a scout in spain and italy at all times with 1 doing central europe, spains regens are in my opinion the most consistent of any other country whereas italys are full of decent youngsters with most of the young foreign players on dual nationalitys.....either way no work permit issues like with the south americans....every couple of seasons regens in belguim, switzerland and germany are worth a look 2

If you don't have a certain countries league activated, then I've found it pretty useless to send a scout there. I normally load every countries 1st division which results in a lot better newgens from various countries. GREAT SUCCESS!

I just sent a scout to scout USA and he came back after 5 days saying he didn't find any players to recommend...

Why don't you try looking a little longer?! You lazy ******.

What club are you managing? It may be that your club cannot afford to send you scout overseas for a long period of time.

There are foreign-based scouts that are, as you say, stationed permanently abroad specifically to scout in that country, which is something FM doesn't have.

Then there are the traditional scouts (probably mostly for smaller clubs), who watch local games and occasionally get sent abroad to keep track of a player or two.

There are also youth scouts, sent to various youth training camps around the world to observe talent.

The thing is, scouting is pretty varied and there's no one specfic way to 'scout'. This is something FM should work on.

Archived