How long does it take you to play a season?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked dozens of times before, but I was wondering how long it takes you to play a season, on average. Reason I'm asking is that I went back to FM after a short break recently, I made a Spurs game and after a long, long time I'm still only in March of my first season. This is apparently after nearly 2 days of gametime (although some of it will be me leaving the laptop on for a while).

So does it take people more or less time to do a season? Do you watch every match/skip between matches in seconds/analyse every bit of detail in between matchdays?

Thanks, was just wondering :cool:

I think I'm averaging about 18 hours, although it would have been a lot more than that in the early seasons when I was designing my tactics and signing lots of players.

At the moment I'm watching matches on commentary only and I'm not signing anyone at all, so I'm zooming through.

I think I'm averaging about 18 hours, although it would have been a lot more than that in the early seasons when I was designing my tactics and signing lots of players. (2-3 hours)

At the moment I'm watching matches on commentary only and I'm not signing anyone at all, so I'm zooming through.

This ^^:thup:

Was going through a season in about 8 hours when i wat playing as United. After 10 years there all i did was sign as many of the best 16yo i could find and work out my 22 man sqaud for the season. Team was so much better then the rest that all i had todo was watch matches.

Now moved to a under performing Liverpool and have spend ages in the off season getting in the right players so season has taken about 12-13 hours.

Wow, how much time do some of you guys have!? :p

Takes me about a fortnight to do one season. But I watch every match on extended highlights, and I spend quite a bit of time on tactics. A season a day! I've no idea how you could manage that.

I only have a part time job so monday to friday is pretty much what I want to do really. Only watch the game on commentary as well.

I've no idea how you guys play so quickly.

I watch matches on 'extended' and spend quite a bit of time on everything really. I don't like to rush; I like to take my time!

I think I would have to play for about three or four days solid, without doing much else, to finish a season. As it is, it usually takes me a few weeks to complete a season.

Personally, I couldn't watch only commentary, as it would spoil the game for me and I probably wouldn't do as well! I'm very into the tactical side of things so I like to spend quite a bit of time watching the matches and analysing them etc.

I run most leagues in Europe have all players loaded from all continents (280,000+), I watch on extended highlights and I have just finished the 2012/13 season making my total time on this game 7 days 6 hours and 54 mins!

I was playing on a sony vaio cs11s/q intel core 2 duo with 4GB ram - however, I have just upgraded and an now playing on a macbook pro 17" i7 with 8GB ram!

Archived