Football Manager 2010 ---> 2011

With the game hopefully coming out with around 7 weeks and the Gold Demo released to the public around 5 or so weeks from today (Friday), when do you think you will stop & uninstall Football manager 2010 ?

will you have a small break between FM2010 and the time the fm2011 demo is released ?

Stupidly the other day (thursday) my laptop was so slow, so was my mums and sisters laptops, I thought it was because of the stuff I already have installed, so I uninstalled fm2010 but I worked out after that, that we had overdone our downloads and our connection was slowed to dialup.

I then upgraded my internet account. Then used system restore to get the game back with no luck. Then I went to install via dvd but there were some errors which when played, had me leave Liverpool FC due to the fact my contract was up 1 week after starting the game (but really I had a 1 year deal).

I then tried to install via steam but it asked me for my dvd serial number, I have lost/misplaced the book that came with the game and couldnt be bothered registering a ticket with steam or sigames or any other company to get this code.

So now I have officially retired from Football Manager until FM2011 is released next month ...

i stopped reading after the 3rd paragraph.

i got my game installed through steam (bought it through internet).

I am struggling to get another game started, because i 'feel' is a waste of time because FM11 is coming out in few weeks.

I am sooooooooooooo excited about FM11, like i dream about how bloody great the game will be with all the new features **drools**

So, yes i am also retired from FM10.

I am eagerly waiting for FM11!!!

I normally uninstall a previous version when I've downloaded the demo for the new game. Since my current hard drive is almost full I am planning to replace that first though then I'll be installing the 64bit version of windows7 that I've had since release day but never got round to installing.

They have not confirned if FM2011 will be out next month, but judging from every other year it should be. I am still playing 2010 as I have a great save on it and it will be difficult to let go once 2011 comes out. Hopefully the new feature wont disapoint

I had started a new long term game a few months ago, was planning to keep going with it even once FM2011 was released, but there's just too many new improvements (with dynamic league reputation being the most important one for me personally.. been waiting for it for so very long) to carry on. I abandoned my FM2010 game once I'd read the initial announcement, but will probably not uninstall it for now.

I just hope that FM2012 won't contain so many improvements. :p First the option to create leagues and now dynamic league reputation.. all things that have kept me from doing a proper long term game with my limited time. ^^

Right now it looks like my break is already on, as I've had so much trouble motivating to play. I've started three new saves, but to no avail, I just abandon them after four months game time. I'm hoping FM11 to be the spark the passion again. DLR could be the spice for that.

Will probably just play something like Civilization, or read books until the FM11 demo comes out.

With the game hopefully coming out with around 7 weeks and the Gold Demo released to the public around 5 or so weeks from today (Friday), when do you think you will stop & uninstall Football manager 2010 ?

will you have a small break between FM2010 and the time the fm2011 demo is released ?

I'll keep on playing FM10. In fact, I think I'll be continuing my FM10 saves until 2011.

Will still get FM11 and take a look but I'll hold off starting a career save and continue with FM10 as I am enjoying it so much right now.

Ive just started up Dafuges challenge so when 2012 comes out a) I'm hooked and b) I can spot even the subtle changes!! Also have a rather powerful laptop on it's way so will be using fm10 to gauge the increase in performance :D

I need to see/hear how the editor is going to work before uninstalling FM10. (That is, I want the editor to have significant improvements; i.e. support for the advanced panel.) Assuming the editor is as good as I'm hoping, I'll buy FM11 the first day.

I've learned my lesson. For the last couple of years, I've promised myself that I won't by the new game until the 3rd patch is released in February. But I've always given in when I see the new features, and convince myself that it will be fine out of the box.

But, it never is (at least not to my personal satisfaction anyway), and by the time patch 3 arrives, the game is usually half the initial price by then too. I've just finally finished my new Americas Inter-Continental Super League too, so this time, I'm going to stick to my guns. I'll keep enjoying playing what is a fantastic game, FM2010 10.3; wait for the usual bugs and errors to be ironed out, and then look forward to buying FM2011 in February when by then it should be a great game. :)

I've learned my lesson. For the last couple of years, I've promised myself that I won't by the new game until the 3rd patch is released in February. But I've always given in when I see the new features, and convince myself that it will be fine out of the box.

But, it never is (at least not to my personal satisfaction anyway), and by the time patch 3 arrives, the game is usually half the initial price by then too. I've just finally finished my new Americas Inter-Continental Super League too, so this time, I'm going to stick to my guns. I'll keep enjoying playing what is a fantastic game, FM2010 10.3; wait for the usual bugs and errors to be ironed out, and then look forward to buying FM2011 in February when by then it should be a great game. :)

you will cave in just like i do :p

I've stopped playing FM 10. I can't get into a game at all with all the new features being listed for FM 11. It's a right shame but it's just the way it goes really as I want to give it one last hoorah!

It's not uninstalled as yet because I still may try something.

Also - A poster made a silly comment about why would anyone uninstall it. Well, do you have some kind of super computer that Nasa occasionally call you to use because FM is a big game. Not everyone, in fact, I'd say the majority of us will uninstall it so that we can have a smoother performance on the latest version.

I've stopped playing FM 10. I can't get into a game at all with all the new features being listed for FM 11. It's a right shame but it's just the way it goes really as I want to give it one last hoorah!

Also - A poster made a silly comment about why would anyone uninstall it. Well, do you have some kind of super computer that Nasa occasionally call you to use because FM is a big game. Not everyone, in fact, I'd say the majority of us will uninstall it so that we can have a smoother performance on the latest version.

It's only a couple of GB, isn't it?

It is not that big really to warrant the need of a super computer from Nasa. You could quite easily have both games installed, well I definitely could anyway. :D

Having said that I'd probably uninstall it whenever I feel like it but I usually do it shortly after installing a new version.

i've managed to reinstall it successfully (fm2010) without the game telling me I have left Liverpool after my contract expired after 3 days in the game when I start with a 1 or 2 year deal. I just didn't install any patches this time and I extended my contract with the help of fmrte. So I am back playing fm2010 until I see the news of fm2011 demo is released

Archived