I am Arsenal in 2016 and Liverpool have gone bankrupt

I have signed

Mascherano-2.5 mil

Muntari-2.5 mil

Agger-500k

Johnson-500k

Aqualiani-500k

Torres-1 mil

Now i know Torres is 31, but he scored 24 goals last season, and i was the only club in the world to make bids for all these players.

Surely a bug?

Broken? Seems realistic to me, player on 150k a week and they're bankruipt then the chairman is gonna sell over the manager's ahead

I thought the OP meant the bug was that no other team in the world bid for the players.

I have signed

Mascherano-2.5 mil

Muntari-2.5 mil

Agger-500k

Johnson-500k

Aqualiani-500k

Torres-1 mil

Now i know Torres is 31, but he scored 24 goals last season, and i was the only club in the world to make bids for all these players.

Surely a bug?

The cost doesn't concern me because if you're the only one bidding, then they have to sell! The bold does, however. There needs to be vultures swooping over clubs in financial peril.

Makes no sense whatsoever that you were the only club bidding. In real life, even lesser European clubs would join the list of probably hundreds of teams chasing those players, especially Torres and Mascherano regardless of their age.

that said though, you dont see everyone swooping in for Pompey players atm... though who would want John Utaka and his 80k a week wage demand :D

You'll see loads of bids in the summer. Not in January - the worst time to get bargains, especially one with a silly weekly wage.

The lack of bids for top players extends beyond this. In previous FM's I used to get bids for top players at my club and occasionally one crazy bid that I would consider accepting. Now I never see any big transfers anymore, and it's causing all the top clubs to lose talent. If I buy a player from another club for a big fee, they don't make any effort to use that money to strengthen the squad.

This shows the fact that the game is not designed for long-term as clubs will lose top players and replace them with rubbish. I understand SI want to restrict gaming so that ppl buy the next version of the game but considering every new version of the game brings a new database and all up to date transfers, this should be enough to encourage ppl to buy the game, instead they resort to making long term saves boring and unplayable as you will end up with a top team winning everything and the AI will have teams full of rubbish players. Look at International Teams and it gets worse, south american teams sell quality players for pittance where irl they ask for big bucks and even national sides end up fielding players who have lower league stats or your entire first team.

What I've had to resort to with long term saves is to simply resign after a few seasons and go somewhere else to rebuild a once giant. That way the challenge remains plus you have your former club who are presumably stacked with talent to compete against.

What I find really weird is how low those fees are? Even when clubs have gone bankrupt before in my games the administrators or chairmen always hold out for a decent value? Torres would probably still be around the £10m mark I guess? £1m is a ridiculous fee for any board to be accpepting no matter what the financial crisis......

1 mil for a player 31 years old, and a club thats gone bankrupt, sounds about right to me. 10 mil for a 31 year old Torres? No thanks.

Thats your choice I guess but you cant say it sounds right. How much would Beckham raise irl and he's older than 31.

1 mil for a player 31 years old, and a club thats gone bankrupt, sounds about right to me. 10 mil for a 31 year old Torres? No thanks.
Aquilani retired at age 32 in my game :D

I think he's the only one SI have got correctly. Injury prone and unlikely to do much.

The lack of bids for top players extends beyond this. In previous FM's I used to get bids for top players at my club and occasionally one crazy bid that I would consider accepting. Now I never see any big transfers anymore, and it's causing all the top clubs to lose talent. If I buy a player from another club for a big fee, they don't make any effort to use that money to strengthen the squad.

I agree with this. In FM09 as Benfica teams would always bid massive amounts for my best players like Cardozo and David Luiz. They would offer 15 million-25 million for them.

In FM10 teams pay more for my crap players than my good ones lol.

I agree with this. In FM09 as Benfica teams would always bid massive amounts for my best players like Cardozo and David Luiz. They would offer 15 million-25 million for them.

In FM10 teams pay more for my crap players than my good ones lol.

Sorry for the late reply people.

Torres asked for 99k a week

Mascherano 100k

Aqualiani-35k

Agger- 40k

Muntari-50k

I know these are high amounts, but im sure at least one other big club in the world would want them. Would like to see a moderator inform us with a post.

Why is everyone hating Aquiliani? He's one of my best players in my Liverpool team!

I dont think they hate him but its ironic how Benitez' job is on the ropes since he put everything on relying on this player rather than what everyone would expect being another spanish player however Torres has delivered and Aquilani has failed miserably.

I dont think they hate him but its ironic how Benitez' job is on the ropes since he put everything on relying on this player rather than what everyone would expect being another spanish player however Torres has delivered and Aquilani has failed miserably.

I don't understand how you can say he has failed 'miserably' or indeed failed?

A) He has been injured and Liverpool are taking precuationary measure to make sure he is 100% fit and that they don't overload him.

B) Coming in as a replacement for Alonso is a tough job and Benitez wants to make sure he hits the right spots.

C) I know he was dubbed as the worst summer sigining but, how can they say a player is bad, when he hasn't played anywhere near the required time to have a good overall opinion or evaluation. :eek:

Aquilani is yet to prove his worth but through the last few games he has started, he has looked good. He shows a lot of determination and wants to be on the ball. He did well for Roma and will hopefully do well with Liverpool.

Is it just me or is Aquilani always overlooked in your saves? For starting the game injured so Liverpool don't treat him as a regular, even when he's fit. I remember how immense he used to be on previous versions.

Aquilani had his CA dropped by someting like 40 points so it's very difficult to get him to reach his PA

A 31 yo Torres would go for more than 1m irl, even if Liverpool was desperate for funds you would get several teams bidding for him that would drive his price up.

This shows the fact that the game is not designed for long-term as clubs will lose top players and replace them with rubbish. I understand SI want to restrict gaming so that ppl buy the next version of the game but considering every new version of the game brings a new database and all up to date transfers, this should be enough to encourage ppl to buy the game, instead they resort to making long term saves boring and unplayable as you will end up with a top team winning everything and the AI will have teams full of rubbish players. Look at International Teams and it gets worse, south american teams sell quality players for pittance where irl they ask for big bucks and even national sides end up fielding players who have lower league stats or your entire first team.

not true.. all the bigs clubs are still there in my 2030 save.. man city is still rolling the in money.. even tho takeover was completed last season.. dunno if it was first..

but their squads is rolling in 250k a week wages..

you do realize at some point neither club or any board have a say when they go bankrupt?

im not exactly sure how this effects football teams.. but in irl.. if you cant return.. loan.. noone will care that your flat is worth 500k.. and it will be sold for 50k in auction..

even if in 2 weeks you probably could got 300k for it..

Is it just me or is Aquilani always overlooked in your saves? For starting the game injured so Liverpool don't treat him as a regular, even when he's fit. I remember how immense he used to be on previous versions.

aquilani is a good player in the game, he made a massive difference to my liverpool team when i was them and does no one remeber how good he was on fm09 he was a beast.

i think that's class getting all those players for that price. do liverpool go bankrupt often. ive not had a team go bankrupt in ages on any of my saves.

Aquilani failed miserably? Try breaking your leg and be sidelined for 8 months. After 8 months, you will have to learn to walk, run, kick, jump, make knee jerk reaction all over again! Give the man time. Ohh, lately he gets to start and he made 2 assist for kuyt. One vs tottenham, the other vs bolton.

Broken? Seems realistic to me, player on 150k a week and they're bankruipt then the chairman is gonna sell over the manager's ahead

The administrators accept bids on players not the chairman.

fair enough a team in administration needs to sell, but even under those circumstances they wouldn't be selling players like that for fees as low as that, even if they were ageing

I had an FM 2007 game where man city got relegated the first season, went into administration and the administrators accepted £950,000 for Micah Richards (no clauses or anything). :D

The same argument that you guys are using to defend Aquilani could be used to defend Michael Owen. The guy was injured for ever and now hardly gets to play. Yet I dont see anyone using that line of defence.

As for the long-term saves, are you going to tell me that the AI teams are actually buying quality players in terms of stats? Most of them seem like League 2 material and are clearly not worthy of an international cap yet get capped most games.

The same argument that you guys are using to defend Aquilani could be used to defend Michael Owen. The guy was injured for ever and now hardly gets to play. Yet I dont see anyone using that line of defence.

He's not a Liverpool player, and frankly after his long term injury he was crap - no defence needed.

He's not at least accomplished at DM C, is he? He doesn't really fit into the Liverpool formation. On my game, FSW sometimes retrains him there although sometimes he's left stuck on the bench.

I have signed

Mascherano-2.5 mil

Muntari-2.5 mil

Agger-500k

Johnson-500k

Aqualiani-500k

Torres-1 mil

Surely a bug?

Those players going for as low as that is a bug, admin or not.

It's not really a bug, just that the AI managers arent aggressive enough in the transfer market. After X seasons the league is easy to win because the big sides dont sign enough players and just stick with a Gerrard until hes 35.

I actually had Barca still playing Imbrahimovic as their main striker with 5 pace and 3 acceleration on one save, he was about 36 I think haha.

But yea its silly, there needs to be more activity from AI managers.

Archived