Well it may have cost me £600

I wonder how many people have upgraded PC's, Laptops and the Mac equivalents in time for 2010? This PC has become tempremental in recent months so I have ordered a new PC but have to confess went for it a bit with the Graphics Card, RAM and Processor chip to have FM fly. Can't wait to put 09 on their just to see the difference!

Last year i spent just under £600 to play FM09, it's got a quad-core, 4gb RAM and a 700gb hard-drive. Now the graphics card is buggered and the one on the motherboard isn't very smooth so i've got to buy a new one and a bigger monitor cos' my 18" screen is crap aswell.

I had to buy my PC after i had the game cos it wouldn't even run in 2d it took upto half an hour for just 1 match getting stuck at like the 69th minute for ages. i was playin FM08 for like a month until i managed to raise the funds.

I have spent £1400 on a new laptop. Can't wait:)

Is this good enough for FM10?

I have never used MACs, but I will now..

http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MB418LL/A?mco=MTA4MTg2MTY

It should run perfectly. I've bought MAC Pro 13" (2.53 proc, 4 RAM, 320 HDD) in Moscow two weeks ago. FM 2009 runs perfectly.

Glad I've bought a boxed copy of FM in London while travelling in addition to my steam copy. Otherwise it would be a nightmare to find FM in Kiev (native city), Ukraine or in Moscow (where I work). It really sucks that SEGA is not distributing FM in ex USSR (apart from Baltics). It really sucks.

I'm lucky - I have british proxy(working for NBC U) at work and can buy anything from Steam, but what about other guys here? There are thousands of fans here and it's ridiculous that they can't even get a legal download, not to mention a boxed copy (very few vendors make properr deliveries to Ukraine and Russia).

And the laptop is keeping shuting down, so back to old laptop and commentry only while I get a new one sorted.

HUMPH.

Check that the CPU isnt overheating. Make sure there is good air access to the fans and the laptop is on a firm / raised surface. Bedding and carpets are like kryptonite to a laptop cooling system!

Worst case scenario you may end up melting your internal components.....

Check that the CPU isnt overheating. Make sure there is good air access to the fans and the laptop is on a firm / raised surface. Bedding and carpets are like kryptonite to a laptop cooling system!

Worst case scenario you may end up melting your internal components.....

Yep, i had this too. Bought a laptop cooling platform from PC world for £20 quid and that sorted it. It still struggles on really hot days though but luckily i live in England so it doesnt happen very often!

Hi just wondering are these specs anygood?

Processor

◦Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Quad Core Processor 2.33Ghz,

◦4MB Cache

Memory

◦4GB DDR2 800Mhz

◦4GB Max

◦2 x DIMM memory slot

Hard Drive

◦1TB SATA300

Optical Drive

◦Super multi DVDRW

Software

◦Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

Graphics

◦nVIDIA® GeForce 9800GT

◦512MB DDR3

why don't ya ****in compare it ?

As was mentioned earlier in the year, I can confirm that the game will be released as a DVD Rom this year, rather than a CD. If you do not have a DVD drive, you are still able to purchase the game, but will have to do so via STEAM.

Mac System requirements

The game is currently only being supported on Intel Mac's only, and the minimum requirements are - OSX 10.5.5, Nvidia Geforce 7300 / ATI X1600 Radeon. 1GB RAM.

PC System Requirements

OS - Windows Vista or XP

Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Personally, I would recommend more RAM than the minimum listed above.

not just 2ghz maybe a bit over-priced if it was single core ;)

Ahhh, i dont understand how dual core thingies work. My CPU says AMD Turion 64x2 mobile technology TL-60 (2CPU's), 2.00 ghz

It ran FM09 fine, but a brief and simple explanation of what it actually is (in simple terms) wouldnt go amiss! You may use salt and pepper pots if needed ;)

2 cpu's. that would be dual core. a single core at 2ghz would not get the same performance as a dual core. simply as it can be the more cores the better :p

~~Stevie G~~

Ok, not that simply lol. So if i have a 2ghz dual core, is that effectively 2 seperate 2ghz processors? I said im not very good with this stuff! When my PC had 8MB ram, that was my technological heyday :D

Ok, not that simply lol. So if i have a 2ghz dual core, is that effectively 2 seperate 2ghz processors? I said im not very good with this stuff! When my PC had 8MB ram, that was my technological heyday :D

doesnt exactly get THAT much of a boost of using both processors but you will notice the difference between single, dual and quad cores. the machine im using atm is 1.6ghz dual core but doesnt not run at 3.2. runs at approx 2.4, so you will get increased performance just not as much as it would sound :)

~~Stevie G~~

Adding more cores will only improve performance if the tasks you ask your computer to do would mean that it would be at 100% of your single core.

So if you have a 2ghz single core that only ever uses 80% of its potential, adding more cores won't make a difference to your performance. However, if you're constantly using it at 100% of its processing power then adding another processor will help so that e.g. both processors running at 70% which means (in very rough terms) that they're doing 40% more processing than you would have done on your single core. And the same applies with quad core.

FM is a processor intensive game so as a general rule you will get good use out of a dual core and this should be preferred over a single core of the same speed.

Adding more cores will only improve performance if the tasks you ask your computer to do would mean that it would be at 100% of your single core.

So if you have a 2ghz single core that only ever uses 80% of its potential, adding more cores won't make a difference to your performance. However, if you're constantly using it at 100% of its processing power then adding another processor will help so that e.g. both processors running at 70% which means (in very rough terms) that they're doing 40% more processing than you would have done on your single core. And the same applies with quad core.

FM is a processor intensive game so as a general rule you will get good use out of a dual core and this should be preferred over a single core of the same speed.

yeah he put it better than i did :p

~~Stevie G~~

Archived