Ridiculous transfer budget

I holidayed my way through a first season to allow me to take an unplayable side on but I decded on this same save I'd use it to take Wigan on so I went on to a new user and became Wigan manager and saw a ridiculous £32 million to spend which I put down to a tycoon takeover firstly but after browsing around I realised almost every Prem team had £30+ million in the second season, most notably Hull having £40 million to spend :confused: This wasn't consistent though and Blackburn who'd been relegated also had £30 million to spend but one of few in the Championship... SO I'm wondering whether this is a bug? Should make the league very interesting though as it's just England and they all have £30 million+ to spend if I decide to pursue this save as it's not the realistic Wigan wheeling and dealing save I was seeking. Could post screenshots but not sure how really:thup:

ya its almost too easy to get money...in my FCUM save man city has been relegated to the championship and finished mid table 2nd season yet their budget is something around £140 million but they still sold all their top players when they dropped and havent replaced them

Agree on this. As AC Milan I received 144 million to spend after my first season. They are my favorite real life team and all but that is just frankly ridiculous. Granted I did win the Serie A my first season, but that still doesn't explain this enormous sum of money being available, also considering the fact that in real life they've been struggling with finding cash to put towards transfers. I mean with 144 million the whole challenge basically becomes void as well. Just go and buy all the best players available.

Agree, even in lower rep leagues like portugal clubs get far too much money (relatively of course). The truth is that for a team (even the big three) in Portugal they have to sell a couple of players every season to balance their finances. This just doesn't happen and even middle of the table sides have several millions to spend.

I imagine it's a balancing act between making the game realistic and making it fun by allowing people to have somewhat larger transfer budgets to work with.

With Real Betis, a team that was relegated IRL this year, I got £60M the second year and £55M the third year. Absolutely crazy! Sure, I got money from CL, but it's still way to much.

Agree, even in lower rep leagues like portugal clubs get far too much money (relatively of course). The truth is that for a team (even the big three) in Portugal they have to sell a couple of players every season to balance their finances. This just doesn't happen and even middle of the table sides have several millions to spend.

I imagine it's a balancing act between making the game realistic and making it fun by allowing people to have somewhat larger transfer budgets to work with.

The most i ever got in my 5 season with Sporting CP was £4million and that was in my first season, despite being in the top 20 richest clubs in the world.

Also i only got under £15m for my Quadruple winning PSG side this season.

Maybe its just me. Never player in the premier league yet though so can't comment on that

I guess it's because the board pumps most of the Premier League tv money into the transfer fund for next season.

yeah maybe and alot of teams don't seem to replace there players and have the current squad playing until well over 30 so i guess they save money there too

The most i ever got in my 5 season with Sporting CP was £4million and that was in my first season, despite being in the top 20 richest clubs in the world.

Also i only got under £15m for my Quadruple winning PSG side this season.

Maybe its just me. Never player in the premier league yet though so can't comment on that

Mmmm, that is weird. In my current save Vit. Guimaraes spent over 6M in players without having sold anyone, which would never happen irl. And my team (porto) got a 20M transfer budget (no carryover from previous season). I reached the final of the CL in the previous season, but still...

Agree on this. As AC Milan I received 144 million to spend after my first season. They are my favorite real life team and all but that is just frankly ridiculous. Granted I did win the Serie A my first season, but that still doesn't explain this enormous sum of money being available, also considering the fact that in real life they've been struggling with finding cash to put towards transfers. I mean with 144 million the whole challenge basically becomes void as well. Just go and buy all the best players available.

That's because Berlusconi is refusing to inject his own money. He is the 3rd richest man in Italy, worth 9.4 billion USD. If he had invest abit of his own money, I doubt we need to sell Kaka.

Can't understand it mainly due to the fact that only one season has passed and after relegation Blackburn to get £30 million and as a bit of a joke I requested a transfer budget increase and they duely complied to an astounding £44 million as Wigan!

Portugal money wise is ridiculous, I have worked up from the bottom to the top with AD Fafe and am now the 4th biggest club in Portugal, behind Benfica & Porto, kinda close with Sporting right now, and unless I sell players I lose money every single month, its joke. I make the QFnals of UEFA and still lose money, its a bit of a joke.

Try managing QPR - if you state you aim to win the league you get over £12m to spend - surely that's a bit too much!?

QPR are the second richest team in the world they have Flavio Briatore and Indian billionaire Lackshmi (spelling could be wrong) Mittal (who owns half the steel making industry in thew world), so £12m is a bit tight on their part.

Portugal money wise is ridiculous, I have worked up from the bottom to the top with AD Fafe and am now the 4th biggest club in Portugal, behind Benfica & Porto, kinda close with Sporting right now, and unless I sell players I lose money every single month, its joke. I make the QFnals of UEFA and still lose money, its a bit of a joke.

TBF, this is reality in Portugal. Most teams in Portugal lose money every season. Attendances are incredibly low (big 3 excl.) and TV money is also low. The big 3 have to sell players every season to keep their balances positive. Their wage budgets are tight and are a real reason why sometimes they will let good players go.

This is not represented in FM at all. Taking Porto as an example, they start the first season with a wage budget surplus of about 1M Euros!!! That is insane and far removed from reality. Money should be tight and you should need to sell players to balance your finances.

I holidayed my way through a first season to allow me to take an unplayable side on but I decded on this same save I'd use it to take Wigan on so I went on to a new user and became Wigan manager and saw a ridiculous £32 million to spend which I put down to a tycoon takeover firstly but after browsing around I realised almost every Prem team had £30+ million in the second season, most notably Hull having £40 million to spend :confused: This wasn't consistent though and Blackburn who'd been relegated also had £30 million to spend but one of few in the Championship... SO I'm wondering whether this is a bug? Should make the league very interesting though as it's just England and they all have £30 million+ to spend if I decide to pursue this save as it's not the realistic Wigan wheeling and dealing save I was seeking. Could post screenshots but not sure how really:thup:

In the Premier League, maybe some clubs used what money they get fromt he tv rights deal which all clubs get per season. Also when clubs are religated, they get money from the protection fund. Clubs like Newcastle United will receive money from this fun in real life this coming season.

Club finances are so shoddy in FM09. I'm in 2013 and R. Madrid have a balance of £535,000,000! That's pretty much a profit of £100 million a year!

AC Milan and Barca always get ridiculously fast, ridiculously quick as well.

And why are Valencia always "Rich" in FM? Because they're about £600 million in debt in real life. How has SI missed that one?

At the moment this is my biggest gripe with FM09, and I hope drastic changes are made to the finances part for FM10. I completely understand how difficult and unpredictable the finances are, but this year it all seems too inaccurate and extreme.

EDIT: In all fairness though, I think they've done a very good job with Man Utd. It's mostly the high rep "Rich" clubs getting too rich too quickly

I'm just not sure it's something SI wants to model realistically. It may put off a lot of casual users (leading to thousands of posts like "HOW COME I CANT BUY PLAYERS, SI SUCKS") ;). I would love to see it implemented properly but it may take away from the "fun" factor of the game for most casual users.

Remember, when you are successful, and a high rep manager, the board ends up pumping all profits into the transfer budget. If you look you should see that your transfer budget and the clubs balance are almost identical, especially at the smaller clubs. I got €20.5m to spend after winning the Serie A title in my first year and qualifying for the Champions League. Yet my balance wasn't much more than this, so I can hardly spend all of my transfer budget, or the club would have no money!

But I agree, too many clubs are probably given too much to spend, but like the post above, it seems SI has done this for playability, in turn sacrificing a bit of realism.

I remember a game on CM 01-02 Where I took Walsall from Div 2, to the Premiership, and was in debt, right until my 4th place finish, where I still had to sell a player for £5m to balance the books, like I had been doing each season.

Much less pressure in FM to be a selling club for smaller clubs, when IRL most smaller clubs have little to no of holding onto their top stars, due to the board's financial pressures to balance the books.

I am wondering if I am mistaken but I am in my third season @ Barcelona and my transfer budgets have been minuscule compare to what I have done there...

My First Season I won: Spanish Cup, Liga BBVA, ECC

My Second Season I won: European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup, World Club Championship, Spanish Cup, Liga BBVA, ECC

So far in my Third Season I won: European Super Cup, Spanish Super Cup... and I am 1st in the Liga BBVA 6 points above R. Madrid after 11 games with a game in hand, was first to qualify for the first knockout round in the ECC on 12 points from 4 games and I am in the 5th round of the Spanish Cup

And at the beginning of the third season I only got 44m as my transfer budget and I don’t believe that it should be so small after I won 9 trophies in the last 2 seasons, that’s 4.5 trophies a season....

Not something I have a massive problem with quite frankly as although excessive, proportionally they are similar... just wondering if it was normal :thup: Oh well:rolleyes:

And an English club did win the CL so maybe that's why.

So are Man U ;)

I've never seen Man U as Rich on my games, they're always Secure or Okay, occasionally worse. But I wouldn't mind if United were Rich on the game, because their debt has been put in the game, but Valencia's is nowhere to be found.

TBF, this is reality in Portugal. Most teams in Portugal lose money every season. Attendances are incredibly low (big 3 excl.) and TV money is also low. The big 3 have to sell players every season to keep their balances positive. Their wage budgets are tight and are a real reason why sometimes they will let good players go.

This is not represented in FM at all. Taking Porto as an example, they start the first season with a wage budget surplus of about 1M Euros!!! That is insane and far removed from reality. Money should be tight and you should need to sell players to balance your finances.

Ok so that would be no problem to me if the big three also had the same financial problems, but they don't, they make money like its going out of fashion, which makes it near to impossible to catch them easily. I did investigate the real life situation, and yes money is hard to come by in Portugal, but the whole thing in the game is unbalanced towards the top 3.

Club finances are so shoddy in FM09. I'm in 2013 and R. Madrid have a balance of £535,000,000! That's pretty much a profit of £100 million a year!

AC Milan and Barca always get ridiculously fast, ridiculously quick as well.

And why are Valencia always "Rich" in FM? Because they're about £600 million in debt in real life. How has SI missed that one?

At the moment this is my biggest gripe with FM09, and I hope drastic changes are made to the finances part for FM10. I completely understand how difficult and unpredictable the finances are, but this year it all seems too inaccurate and extreme.

EDIT: In all fairness though, I think they've done a very good job with Man Utd. It's mostly the high rep "Rich" clubs getting too rich too quickly

I disagree entirely, the finances need work, but they're far from shoddy. Real Madrid have a balance of £535m because their TV deal that they've negotiated with MediaPro for 7 seasons is worth around euro160m per season. This usually drops down once that expires in the game. They start with a decent squad so you hardly ever see Galactico style spending in FM, so most of the TV money is unspent and just builds the balance up.

Valencia are sometimes rich in FM once they've sold Villa, Silva etc and during the summer once the Season Ticket and Prize Money comes in but they rarely build up a strong balance through monthly profit because their wages are quite high and attendances can't support their level of wages. A "Rich" financial status doesn't necessarily mean hundreds of millions. Newcastle in my game have £28m in the bank and classified as "Rich".

Also you're confusing balance sheets with loans. Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal are all in debt to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds in real life simply because they owe large loans to various banks. If you set their balance to -£300m that would quickly ruin the game by bankrupting the club, sending them into administration, docking points and being taken over by a new board and selling the entire squad. Yes, Valencia do have financial problems because they owe large loans they can't afford to pay back. The only difference being that they don't generate as much revenue as the English 3 to meet the loan installments.

I had no idea R. Madrid had such a deal in real life, so fair enough.

However, my problem still lies with Valencia, because in my current game they haven't sold Villa or Silva, and haven't done well enough in the league or cups to generate decent prize money. I'm not aware of their balance and that's not my point with Valencia. The amount of debt they're in irl hasn't been put into the game sufficiently. If it had, they would've been forced to sell Villa and / or Silva at some point in the near future, but they haven't.

If, like you say, Valencia rarely build up a strong balance, and they're hundreds of millions in debt in real life, how can they be considered "Rich" by any standards in FM?

However, my problem still lies with Valencia, because in my current game they haven't sold Villa or Silva, and haven't done well enough in the league or cups to generate decent prize money. I'm not aware of their balance and that's not my point with Valencia. The amount of debt they're in irl hasn't been put into the game sufficiently. If it had, they would've been forced to sell Villa and / or Silva at some point in the near future, but they haven't.

If, like you say, Valencia rarely build up a strong balance, and they're hundreds of millions in debt in real life, how can they be considered "Rich" by any standards in FM?

They dont need to sell the players anymore in real life after recieving 400mil to ease their finances abit. :thup:

Ok so that would be no problem to me if the big three also had the same financial problems, but they don't, they make money like its going out of fashion, which makes it near to impossible to catch them easily. I did investigate the real life situation, and yes money is hard to come by in Portugal, but the whole thing in the game is unbalanced towards the top 3.

Ah, I see what you meant. That is worrisome indeed. I guess it's due to Stadium receipts advertisement?

It'd be nice if SI made the finances a bit more realistic...

Valencia owe money. Lots of money. Rumoured to be around £400m now, including a sizeable chunk to local bank Bancaja. I agree with you that their debt is not reflected in FM to a realistic extent. Their only outstanding loan is £45m. Clearly the Valencia researcher got this catastrophically incorrect and it should be much higher.

But i think we disagree about how to implement this in FM. I'd be happy for this £400m debt to manifest itself as a Bank Loan, which is just what it is. Just like Liverpools and Man Utd's massive loans are added and so should Real Madrids loan appear in FM2010 that is being used to buy Kaka and Ronaldo. Adding this to the balance would only ruin Valencia in the game and send them spiralling down to Liga Adelante and then we'd have complaints of unrealistic gameplay.

Being classed as Rich in FM doesn't take much. Balances as low as £30m can prompt the Rich label.

Ah, I see what you meant. That is worrisome indeed. I guess it's due to Stadium receipts advertisement?

Personally i believe the finances are realistic. Ticket Prices are roughly correct, so is Season Ticket money, Prize Money and TV Revenue monies and the financial models are correct.

What we don't see in FM is the spending habits of clubs like Man Utd who will consistently spend £30m+ most seasons on players. I've seen Man Utd in my game go without any big transfers for several seasons allowing their balance to build steadily which is what prompts the crys of "unrealistic finances" when in actual fact it's not finances at all.

We notice the bigger clubs getting richer generally because they have more income and with little spending, their balance will build and build until eventually it reaches hundreds of millions of pounds by 2015.

Valencia make money in FM because they move to a new stadium at the end of the first season that holds 75k. Its easy to make money as Valencia in the 3rd season I spent £100 million on players, including £62 million for Torres it was a fun but unrealistic game.

I read that if in real life Valencia can sell their old stadium and the ground around it that would clear alot of their debt on the game they wont be indebt as their new stadium is already built by the end of the first season.

Valencia owe money. Lots of money. Rumoured to be around £400m now, including a sizeable chunk to local bank Bancaja. I agree with you that their debt is not reflected in FM to a realistic extent. Their only outstanding loan is £45m. Clearly the Valencia researcher got this catastrophically incorrect and it should be much higher.

But i think we disagree about how to implement this in FM. I'd be happy for this £400m debt to manifest itself as a Bank Loan, which is just what it is. Just like Liverpools and Man Utd's massive loans are added and so should Real Madrids loan appear in FM2010 that is being used to buy Kaka and Ronaldo. Adding this to the balance would only ruin Valencia in the game and send them spiralling down to Liga Adelante and then we'd have complaints of unrealistic gameplay.

Being classed as Rich in FM doesn't take much. Balances as low as £30m can prompt the Rich label.

Haha, I completely agree mate, I think we must've just misunderstood each other somewhere along the way :)

I just meant that any team in that much debt shouldn't be classified as "Rich", regardless of balance

Haha, I completely agree mate, I think we must've just misunderstood each other somewhere along the way :)

I just meant that any team in that much debt shouldn't be classified as "Rich", regardless of balance

:D

I agree with the Rich label thinking but i suppose it's quite complex when you think about it. Man Utd are classifed as Rich but they owe hundreds of millions to banks, but well within their current means because their Revenue is so great and they've got great financial clout to aid them in transfers despite these loans. It does seem a bit strange to label a club like Man Utd as Rich when you consider these loans they owe and if they were forced to pay them back rather promptly then you'd see the Glazier family "pooping bricks" so to speak.

I suppose the simplest way to label a clubs finances is going off the bank balance like FM already does. It'd be quite complex to include other factors such as loans. Such is the financial model of FM that if you made Valencia start with say -£50m they'd soon rise back up to £0 and eventually fall into the black and increase into a healthy balance if you managed it carefully.

Perhaps increase the loan installment amounts which would really dent the month by month finances? But then any Valencia gamer would surely take issue because they could never acheive much with serious losses every month! The status quo is probably the best scenario at the moment, but an increase in what Valencia owe in loans is a must for FM2010 :)

Yeah, to be honest the Rich, Secure, Okay, etc isn't that important, and there are much more crucial improvements to be made, but I do hope that each clubs finances are true to life, but I suppose that might be quite hard as well due to not all clubs wanting to disclose that sort of information...

Haha They are getting Millions in sponsorship every season, plus ticket sales, I get 4000 people showing up in my 15k stadium and I get 500k in sponsorship, and I have come 4th 5 seasons running.

Archived