Your biggest giant killing feat?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Just Jack:

Sheff u 2-1 Sheff w </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_confused.gif None of these teams are giants and I'm a Wednesday fan!

I wasn't the victor but it was a nailbiting finish to a match that had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Lowly Bath City took on Newcastle in a thrilling FA Cup Third Round. Newcastle got two early goals and it looked like it was just going to go downhill from there. My blokes were a determined lot though and fought back in the second half, hitting Newcastle on the counter and getting one past the keeper. From then on it was Newcastle on the back foot as my boys had a wiff of a draw and sending the match to extra time.

In the dieing minutes my striker once again got past the Newcastle defense and shot one by the keeper, running off to the corner in frenzied celebration. But it was not to be as the assistant ref called an offside. Not long later the match was over but my boys showed they were not scared of anyone and can take it to the big teams.

Final score: Newcastle 2 - 1 Bath City

CM03/04 - In the FA Cup, my Boston United team won 1-0 at home to then Premiership side Southampton. We scored in the very first minute, then clung on.

Oh, and it was all the sweeter given that I'd recently been sacked by Southampton!

I actually got Boston to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup, thanks to lucky draws. Lost 3-0 at home to Man. United in the end, though.

I've never really had any really big giantkillings, but Wrexham 3-3 Derby (which I won on penalties) was an exciting one and they were a few divisions above me at the time.

I did beat Celtic 2-1 as Livingston, though I was in the SPL with them at the time so it's not a giant killing per se, though they were a much bigger club. Oh, and the previous season I held Rangers to 3-3 at Ibrox even though I was in a mess at the time.

Carlisle 2 - 1 Manchester Utd

(1st season in a network game, Cm01/02)

Cork City 5 - 0 Rosenberg

Cork City 4 - 0 Rosenberg

Cork City 2- 1 Ajax

(Champions League 1st season Cm4 or 03/04)

FCU Poli (romanian) 3 - 1 Barcelona

(3rd Season FM 07)

Beat Everton 1-0 at their place, and Blackburn 3-1 at home as Leeds when we were in CC div 1. In the Champ I beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. All in the Coca Cola cup. Lost the next matches though.

Incidentally, I did this by reversing the evil SI bug that cheats users - couple of shots all game for me in all three games, while the AI was in double figures. I'd like to think it was my defensive, short, slow passing tactics that helped, but it was probably just a bug.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rko7:

Scotland 1 France 0

World Cup Final

Words cant explain the feeling </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you also get a message about flying pigs and hell freezing over

isnt qualifying the scottsman head can take without his head exploding

east stirlingshire 2 - 1 celtic

4th round of the scottish cup. it was a last minute winning goal after celtic had a goal ruled off for a foul just seconds before icon_biggrin.gif

i couldn't belive it. started jumping around like a kid at chirstmas off my nut on sugar. my flat mate looked at me if i was insane. icon_razz.gif

08: Best I've done so far was beat Wolves 3-0 with Worcester in the FA Cup third round.

07: I took Swindon from League Two to the Premiership in four season. Three seasons later, I got into the UEFA cup and I beat AC Milan 1-0 at the San Siro first leg. The player who scored the winner was Chris Casement, who had been a very poor signing for me, and very rarely played, but I played him because of injuries and suspensions. I drew 1-1 at home with them scoring in the last minute. Unfortunately, I got buried 4-2 at Ibrox and drew 0-0 at home to go out.

In CM97/98, I took Norwich into the Champion's League after three seasons and beat Roma 11-0 at home (they had a grey goalkeeper who let everything past).

Archived