Building New Stadium - How Much / How Long?

Ok guys, I have posted a few times on here regarding Stadiums and expansions etc.

This post is specifically about building a new stadium, not expanding a current one

Could I have some ball-park figures? And Time estimates?

I have been in charge of my beloved Southport since the beginning and am now in 2026. So about 18 years. I am now In the Premiership, In the Champions League with a sell out 20,000 crowd every week. Planning permission denied every season for the past 3 seasons, and £100m in the bank

Any past experiences? How much do they cost?

It could take a year, it could take two, it could take however long it takes.

It depends on size.

As for money, as i said in reply to your previous posts, they cost OVER 100 milllion, you may need 150- 300, depending on the size the chairman is looking to build

It's only happened to me once. I was selling out for 10 seasons, then they did it. Took about 2.5 years. They only made it about 15,000 more than my current one aswell. Talk about money well spent. Not. Cost a good £250m at least I think, some offset by a loan (of about £20m).

Cheers Stevie,

And Graeme that sounds immense!

Its a difficult choice, I am finishing top 3 every season now but its taken me ages to build a quality young side, do I sell a few players to get a new stadium or do I add to my squad to win the league?!

I tend to look at things much more long term, and Little Southport could do with a big stadium, I may have to sacrifice some big players to get the stadium I want.

Cheers for your comments guys

Cheers Stevie,

And Graeme that sounds immense!

Its a difficult choice, I am finishing top 3 every season now but its taken me ages to build a quality young side, do I sell a few players to get a new stadium or do I add to my squad to win the league?!

I tend to look at things much more long term, and Little Southport could do with a big stadium, I may have to sacrifice some big players to get the stadium I want.

Cheers for your comments guys

If you look long term, then surely you must realise selling your best players is silly?

If you win the league, you will get a lot of prize money in your bank, as well as other competitions, if you can get to the later stages of the CL, you stand to make a big profit, its all about the long haul.

MMM I suppose. I have one or two players rated £20m+ that I reckon I could get £30m-£40m for who get injured every 2 or 3 games for long periods, and I have good youngsters that could take their positions. I may sell one or two and let the youngsters take over, and hopefully can still hold a good firm position in the league and cups.

Arsenal are a good example of long term.... got the Emirates stadium and now are the most profitable club in the Premiership, making around £3m per home game, yet they had to sell good players every season.

.... The joys of FM!

Southport has a population of just under 100,000. It doesn't require a big stadium.

Kill-joy! The man has built them up from nothing. Who knows, in 20 years Southport could be a thriving global metropolis with 3 international airports, 2 Universities, live finals of 'The X-Factor', 3 Raffles Hotels, an F1 circuit, a population of 15 million and an unquenchable thirst for live football! All on the back of his consecutive top-three finishes.

Lol... Suttface how did you know?! :p

Nobby I was under the impression that the higher reputation the club has - the more fans want to come and watch. Considering that Southport is just minutes away from many towns such as Freckleton, Blackpool, Lytham, Preston - I'm sure that many fans could turn up

Southport has a population of just under 100,000. It doesn't require a big stadium.

Also worth mentioning something I asked (and got no replies to) in Editor's Hideaway, namely that when I looked for a project, I couldn't find any city that actually had its population value set :confused:

Been at my club three seasons and have been granted a new stadium, named after me no less, 83k just over 35mil in costs with 22 of that coming from my old stadium being sold.

In my first season in the Champions League I have fluked a place in the Champions League final! Aswell as 4th place League finish and an FA Cup final to play in. Any idea how much money I will get once the competitions finish for my participation in them/prize money etc? Hopefully I can gain a good chunk and get my balance up to £150m from £100m this summer.

Also worth mentioning something I asked (and got no replies to) in Editor's Hideaway, namely that when I looked for a project, I couldn't find any city that actually had its population value set :confused:

I wouldn't know. I have no desire to use the editor or the editor's forum, as I play LLM. I checked Wikipedia for Southport's population. It may not be completely accurate, but it will be close.

I just had a 23000 stadium built in 2023 for around £40m ish. I had about £30m come out of my accounts and then a 30 year naming rights sponsorship deal was signed for about 500k a year. It could just be luck/down to the ambition of your chairman.

Whooo!

Finally got my expansion for Derby. Pride Park was maxed at 45,000 and was constantly filled for 6-7 odd years. Finally, with £140M+ in the bank the board decided to build a new 60,000+ seater stadium at a cost of £225M called Sonic Stadium! Named after their greatest manager of course!

Whooo!

Finally got my expansion for Derby. Pride Park was maxed at 45,000 and was constantly filled for 6-7 odd years. Finally, with £140M+ in the bank the board decided to build a new 60,000+ seater stadium at a cost of £225,000 called Sonic Stadium! Named after their greatest manager of course!

You have just cheered me up and made my day! lol. I have £137m to this day and am on a quest for more cup glory. Hopefully next season will be the season when I get my new stadium !!

It takes a LOT of money to get a new stadium. I got Ramsgate to the Prem. and after 7 or 8 good seasons the board finally built a new 30k seater stadium. We had almost £200m in the bank and were 1st on the World Rich list before they did. TV money, prize money and Champions League money along with no signing above about 10m and tight control of wages (anyone wanting more than 50k per week was usually sold) allowed the balance to climb by about 30m per season.

I HAVE OFFICIALLY FINALLY BEEN TOLD I WILL GET A NEW STADIUM

To people on here that have put up with me moaning, moaning, moaning to my hearts content, I applaud you.

My current stadium is 20,000 my new one is going to be a .... wait for it, a .... whopping 29,000 stadium. (But of course the whole point of having a new stadium is to then go on to expand it down the years, hopefully I get it very big

I had a new stadium built for my braintree team about 6 years ago when we got into the prem. just finished 5th in the league, highest so far. And the new stadium no longer has room for expansion at 40k so i'm pushing for a new one, just need to make lots of money, or hope that my tycoon foots the bill. Hopefully it will be named after me as well cause i'm a legend at the club :)

This year Europe, next year the world, up the Irons lol

Got also a new stadium in my Newcastle save, after winning all in the world for 5 years in a row the board decided to sell St. James Park for 95 million and build a new 140000 seat stadium costing 600 million.

It took a year and a half to build and it was named Newcastle Stadium, don't know why hasn't been called managers name stadium but is ok.

Despite that I'm still glad to have one of the biggest stadium's in the world.

Marioneta - well done on possibly the biggest stadium I've seen on FM

As regards to my own save, with Southport. My new 30,000 stadium only cost £41m and £27m of that came from selling off my old stadium. I also sold a 30 year old over-rated striker for £28m - so I am actually UP on money this summer, at £160m. So hopefully by the time my new stadium wont increase anymore, I will have saved up even more money to get a 2nd New stadium. I will keep you posted.

Got my stadium out of the blue really.

Had asked about 4 years ago if we could build a new one, and they said didn't have any space.

Then in last season's pre-season, out of the blue they announced a new stadium to be constructed, and being named after me. Something like 61k capacity, with undersoil heating, around 250m I think it costs.

Irthlingborough has a population of 9k so my Rushden and Diamonds team might not see a new staduim in a few years, in the prem and still at Nene Park with a 6,441 capacity...

Rushden & Diamonds represent Rushden and Irthlingborough, they were formed by the merger of Rushden Town and Irthlingborough Diamonds.

I just had a 23000 stadium built in 2023 for around £40m ish. I had about £30m come out of my accounts and then a 30 year naming rights sponsorship deal was signed for about 500k a year. It could just be luck/down to the ambition of your chairman.

Thats similar to me. I've just been told I'm moving to a new stadium called Barusso Park. Only had about £20m balance before hand, but got a Bank Loan worth £38.5m and also a 25 year stadium sponsorship deal worth £775k per season.

So it seems a new stadium being built, doesnt depend on finances that much.... I had a balance of over £80m for 5 seasons, over £120m for the last 3 seasons, over £160m for the last 2 seasons. Yet only now, 8 years after having a full house every week, have they decided to spend around £25m on a new stadium

no tips then? :(

this is my ultimate goal, to try and get a new stadium for the chairboys, because i just cant seem to do it, i have bought in world class talent, and took them from League 2 struggles to 3rd in the Premiership in 5 years! i have over £500 Million in the bank now!

Docklanders, i have the same problem with Wycombe. Just about to go into the Prem and hoping that they will build a new stadium names after me so i can increase my £750m finances even further. But we are making a huge loss each month anyway. Probably down to the size of the stadium :( COME ON BOARD, PAY UP :)

I've never got far enough into a save to build a new stadium which isn't already in the database. I'm determined to get one with Liverpool in my current save though. The club is worth about £550million and have a balance of £165million. I'm only in 2012 though, so a few more years to wait probably :(

I'm in 2023 and I really want a new stadium but from what I read, I need around €200M or even more for that. Villa Park average attendance is 54921 (max. capacity -> 55000) and I guess if I had the money the board would consider building a new one.

Anyway, I was searching for players in Spain and Real Madrid have just built the Schuster Stadium with a max. capacity of 100130!

My finances are getting better and hopefully I'll have around €200M in about 4-5 years without having to sell players and without buying others since I have a young squad (I'll only need to buy a replacement for my goalkeeper which will cost me around €20M).

I never had a new stadium built so do you think I can do it?

Archived