Why is FM09 so easy?

I swear I haven't cheated in any way. I can upload my save game if need be. I've created a good tactic with Rangers, here is how it went.

Season 1: Won SPL and got to UEFA Cup Semi.

Season 2: Won domestic Treble and Champions League.

Season 3: As above but also won World Club Cup and Euro Super Cup (6 Trophies).

Season 4: As above but lost in Champions League Semi and Scottish Cup final. Unbeaten in SPL in nearly 150 games!

Left Gers and took over Motherwell:

Season 5: 3rd in SPL and got to UEFA Cup Semi.

Season 6: Unbeaten in SPL and into Champions League knockout phase. Its February.

This is so unrealistic and easy its becoming very boring. Is this the same for others?

http://files.filefront.com/tylerbodetac/;13360837;/fileinfo.html

Rangers are hardly a big team so he has done well there

Are you having a laugh? Rangers or Celtic would naturally be better by far than 90% of their opposition during any season so 2nd place SPL & last 16 ECL would be the expected minimum (Scottish teams only lose IRL in the group stage if they **** things up).

The OP may as well have said "I'm managing Man City, why is there so much money to spend - it's totally unrealistic" !

The only observation I would make is that if you manage the right team in the right way the game is relatively "easy" (expectations can be achieved) but if you pick the wrong team or manage them in the wrong way the game can be very difficult.

Eh, he's done well with a decent team - by which I mean he's exceeded what would normally be expected of them. Rangers should always do well domestically but the only time they've ever won any European competition was in 1972 so he's definitely done well there.

To be honest, Tyler, if you want more of a challenge then pick a small team with a small stadium and precarious finances. Yes it's an achievement to win the Euro cups with Rangers but given the players, fan base and resources they have at their disposal in this game, it's far from a miracle. If you can take a bottom of the league team to Premiership level and European glory in half a dozen seasons without cheating or using any scout programmes, then you can say the game's too easy. And if you can do that and still think it's easy, set yourself challenges. Like taking over Chelsea or Arsenal and leading them to glory in your first couple of seasons without fielding any foreign nationals. Or updating Weymouth to reflect real life events and try to lead them to safety.

Eh, he's done well with a decent team - by which I mean he's exceeded what would normally be expected of them. Rangers should always do well domestically but the only time they've ever won any European competition was in 1972 so he's definitely done well there.

To be honest, Tyler, if you want more of a challenge then pick a small team with a small stadium and precarious finances. Yes it's an achievement to win the Euro cups with Rangers but given the players, fan base and resources they have at their disposal in this game, it's far from a miracle. If you can take a bottom of the league team to Premiership level and European glory in half a dozen seasons without cheating or using any scout programmes, then you can say the game's too easy. And if you can do that and still think it's easy, set yourself challenges. Like taking over Chelsea or Arsenal and leading them to glory in your first couple of seasons without fielding any foreign nationals. Or updating Weymouth to reflect real life events and try to lead them to safety.

Good points there. I'll try going a much lower team.

he has a point, motherwell arent the best team in the world unless you happen to be a motherwell fan

Mayby you should post your tactics? or explain how you came about creating them. Might help those who say the game is to hard

Firstly I was frustrated at the low ratings of MC's and ST's, so I tried different things to see what worked best to improve them. I found that basically having no forward runs allows players to make more room for themselves to receive the ball without running into the opposition. I'm using a defensive strategy I've used since FM06, which has always worked well, losing an average of 1 goal in 3 games.

I'll upload my tactic soon with a small guide.

I think more to the point FM is more realistic, for example on previous years it didn't take me long to turn Norwich into world beaters, now with all the will in the world we are more like heading for division 3 irl as opposed to challenging Man Utds crown, and in FM 09 like no other version I struggled like hell with Norwich.

I then started a game with Zenit, and like Irl, I won a majority of the games I played.

The very bad AI makes it too easy. Even with a bad team you can win easily because as your team improves the AI managers all make their clubs worse, and it just gets easier and easier the longer you play. Eventually even the worst FM manager wouldn't find much of a challenge when all his rivals are teams full of 40+ managed by 90 years olds.

The very bad AI makes it too easy. Even with a bad team you can win easily because as your team improves the AI managers all make their clubs worse, and it just gets easier and easier the longer you play. Eventually even the worst FM manager wouldn't find much of a challenge when all his rivals are teams full of 40+ managed by 90 years olds.

I agree with this statement, FM is quite difficult (unless your'e managing a top team) for the first few seasons. However, due to the AI not investing in young talent and making ludicrous signings based too much on player reputation the competition ends up being non existent.

You're playing Rangers.... of course its easy lol.

Try what everyone else has said and get a low division team and take them to the same success as you have had with Rangers. I've been trying with Rushden, seem to be locked in the Championship now!

OMG as am i, stuck in the Championship with Bournemouth

16th first year

15th second

14th third

i am currently 13th

such realism lol

You're playing Rangers.... of course its easy lol.

Try what everyone else has said and get a low division team and take them to the same success as you have had with Rangers. I've been trying with Rushden, seem to be locked in the Championship now!

just think, another 13 seasons and you will be up a division :)

I know, well technically, i only need 7 to chance the play offs or 12 to get promoted by runners up i think, but yer, i still love this game and i am in my 8th season with youth players original in the game starting to peak it is becoming saddening seeing legends retire and newgens taking over the world..

I know, well technically, i only need 7 to chance the play offs or 12 to get promoted by runners up i think, but yer, i still love this game and i am in my 8th season with youth players original in the game starting to peak it is becoming saddening seeing legends retire and newgens taking over the world..

This is the main reason I struggle to play really long-term games :(

Congrats.

When I begin my first career in FM2009 (after waiting it seems for ever for the patches to be released) I'll be starting in the Scottish Second Division with East Fife. I'm starting with a £10k transfer kitty, a measly wage budget. I'll have coaches and players as well as a stadium that were all the Third Division last season.

I'll not be downloading any tactics, I will not look up any "good player guide" I will not use tips, nor will I cheat in any way, shape or form. I'll play my career 100% vanilla, meaning I'll use my tactics (that I've spend a couple of months developing) I'll train my players using the training regimes that I've created and I will entrust my signings on the shortlist that I've spent some time building.

I have a 5 year plan to win the SPL. I have everything in place to be able to reach my goal, well, apart from the players, finance, backroom staff, the stadium, the infrastructure.. ect.

I'm not saying that if I achieve my aim it'll be better than yours, I'll leave it to others to judge. ;)

Tyler Bode,

Download your tactics!!!!

I am fighting it out neck and neck with the Celts in my first season, its realistic in the sense it is just like the SPL this year....i could do with a 150 game unbeaten run in the SPL, the directors and the fans would love me.

Are you sure about not using the forward run arrows?

Tyler Bode,

Download your tactics!!!!

I am fighting it out neck and neck with the Celts in my first season, its realistic in the sense it is just like the SPL this year....i could do with a 150 game unbeaten run in the SPL, the directors and the fans would love me.

Are you sure about not using the forward run arrows?

Yes its realistic that Celtic always challenging right to the wire. Even the 3 seasons I was unbeaten, Celtic were only 3, 5 and 7 points behind me. I'll upload tactics after I walk the dog!

What you did seems extremely impressive to me, especially seeing how well you did with Rangers in the CL nd with Motherwell too. I am impressed. A natural question is, did you use editors and such things (to check PAs, don't know what you consider cheating) to help you with the game or did you find it easy as it is with no "additional" help?

What you did seems extremely impressive to me, especially seeing how well you did with Rangers in the CL nd with Motherwell too. I am impressed. A natural question is, did you use editors and such things (to check PAs, don't know what you consider cheating) to help you with the game or did you find it easy as it is with no "additional" help?

I didn't use anything at all. I just went by my scout reports.

I play with Hednesford Town. Started in Blue Square South. Made a clean sweep and now I'm first in Coca Cola League 1. It's much easier than in FM2008. Why? Because I can get so many good players on a free. Especially young, gifted players which used to play for teams from Premier Division.

There are way too many players you can get on a free. That has to be fixed.

Archived