** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Well some of them have that option 'goes forward whenever possible' but I don't mark it.

BTW what do you mean with high pressing / high defensive line?. Is it good that I select that and make it 'push up'?

Because after one half Juventus - Standard was 5-1 and I changed it into 'Push up' and in the end it was 5-3. Not a bad result I guess ...

Like the way Liverpool played against Real Madrid and Man Utd and also the way the great AC Milan and Juventus teams of the 90's did. It puts the opposition on the back foot from the start and they stuggle to dominate the game. Did you lose 5-3 against Juve?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the way Liverpool played against Real Madrid and Man Utd and also the way the great AC Milan and Juventus teams of the 90's did. It puts the opposition on the back foot from the start and they stuggle to dominate the game. Did you lose 5-3 against Juve?

Yeah I lost 5-3. But yet i'm just a Belgian team you know. And I just use it (v4 btw)

But I tweaked it before the 2nd half to the right that diffensive line and I scored 2 goals. So from normal to Push Up.

Maybe it helps I don't know.

Charleroi is a very bad team in Belgium. I thought finally it works after the 3-0 win against AA Gent. A lot of chances and everything and losing against Juventus is allowed if you are a Belgium team.

But against Charleroi they played really bad ...

Yes my Hull team only beat Man Utd 1-0. I think the tactic is ready for the bin! lol

tyler ive noticed that i hardly ever get a good goal ratio from my forwards any ideas

btw just started as birmingham again any tips on good forwards for the championship

To be honest I think this is an FM09 problem when looking around the forum threads. However, I also think its realistic. Look at the top scorers around Europe and the UK. Most are lucky to have a 1 in 3 goals ratio. Yes you get freak seasons like C.Ronaldo last year, but usually a player struggles 2nd season around especially after making big impact. Also football has changed a lot even in the last 2 or 3 years, where some top teams don't even play with an out and out ST. For you're ST to get 25-30+ goals every season is very unrealistic.

after hearing so many great things about this tactics, i tried it out with juve for 3 seasons and it was great.

08/09 Serie A

09/10 Serie A, CL, Club World Cup, SuperCopa

10/11 Quintuple (Serie A, CL, CWC, SC, TIM Cup)

Squad (First XI)

Buffon

Grygera - Negrottalie - Chiellini - De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Veloso - Marchisio - Giovinco

Vagner Love - Amauri

Vagner (F C) with a goal/app ratio of 70% which is fantastic.

I think the tactic is not made for Belgian teams. Results since i'm using the tactic

FM09.jpg

Not great tbh.

Looking at that, the resulte look good apart from Juventus who are probably just way too good for your team.

Euh Standard was Champion Belgium last season. And this season (still going) they are placed first again with one point ahead of Anderlecht.

I really don't get it everyone is winning here and no one losing here. Everyone plays champion and plays good in the Champions League.

Now I lost again against a bottom team @ home this time with 1-0. Ok I managed to get 3rd in the CL group stages like last year.

I just don't know what to do. Tested a lot of tactics in this game and none of them are really working except that one from Knap but that one doesn't work very good this season.

I just think the Belgian league is the worst in the whole game and none of the tactics work great for it.

And yeah I know tyler did a great job for everyone else.

Currently trying it with my Aldershot team in League One...employed it after transfer window so didn't buy player accordingly, will just have to use the right ones from what's available, ill tell you how it works :p

Euh Standard was Champion Belgium last season. And this season (still going) they are placed first again with one point ahead of Anderlecht.

I really don't get it everyone is winning here and no one losing here. Everyone plays champion and plays good in the Champions League.

Now I lost again against a bottom team @ home this time with 1-0. Ok I managed to get 3rd in the CL group stages like last year.

I just don't know what to do. Tested a lot of tactics in this game and none of them are really working except that one from Knap but that one doesn't work very good this season.

I just think the Belgian league is the worst in the whole game and none of the tactics work great for it.

And yeah I know tyler did a great job for everyone else.

I am having nice results with Standard with this tactic. It's true, mostly I don't score more then 1 or 2 a game, exceptionally 3 or 4! But I guess this just reflects real life. You don't see 5-0 beatings every week!

Btw I lost only two games for half a season, one against Bergen and one against Zulte-Waregem (both non top 5 teams). Again a represenatation of real life where smaller teams play very defensive so they can sneak 1 goal on counter attack! Frustrating indeed but not something impossible!

I did suck at my European games and got knocked out of CL & Uefa before group stages by Panathinaikos and Tottenham. Standard don't have a bad team but yet again in real life it is very plausible they would've get beaten by both as well. So I guess a bad result against Juventus was to be expected as well.

My advice: Strengthen your squad in the right places with rising stars and try to keep harmony in your squad, and maybe try to tweak your forwards to get them to score more often...

Im playing as Man City and doing well 3rd after about 15 games. I seem to be beating teams who play 4-4-2, but really struggle against 4-3-3 (chelsea type) and 4-1-4-1 (bolton/west brom)

Anyone else hav this problem? should I take forward runs off fullbacks or set them to man mark? 433

what team changes would you make

Given

Srna Richards Dunne Bridge

SWP Velose Di Jong Petrov

Robinho Probnyak

Moutinho

Bellamy

The left winger from CSKA

johnson

elano? using V4

New V5 Tactic:

http://files.filefront.com/TB+V5tac/;13500097;/fileinfo.html

I tested this tactic with Hull, home and away. I bought 3 players who appear in team; Iversen, Skjelbred, D.Costa.

This tactic will please all who were looking for a better away tactic. Good for low/mid table teams due to effectiveness against better opponents. You may prefer V4 at home and V5 away if you are a mid/top table team. However, I found it to equally effective home and away.

The information in the OP applies to V5. However, there are 2 ST's. This pairing can be made up of many types; eg. 2 big men, 2 dribblers or 1 of each, or a creative AM/FC and big man. There is NO best variation.

I hope you enjoy this and it is successful for you all.

Thankyou to all who tested it for me.

Results:

hull-res.jpg

Table (halfway):

hull-epl.jpg

Team:

hull-team.jpg

I have just accepted an offer from Racing Club De Ferrol S.A.D (Liga Adelante).

Details of my new team:

3 real players and 1500000 pounds for transfers.

After a moth I'v signed new players. Some of them for free some of them for cash.

This is my new team:

skads.jpg

Media Prediction: 19 from 23

I'll play all season with Your new tactic and we will se :)

But before My first league games I'm going to play some friendlies( 2 games with weak teams and 2 games with strong( if anyone wants to play)

I have only one question:

I know that I should play on the smallest pitch size.... unfortunately I have 105 m x 68 m and it's to late to change it. Shall I change something in tactic? For example wider game?

Thx

I am having nice results with Standard with this tactic. It's true, mostly I don't score more then 1 or 2 a game, exceptionally 3 or 4! But I guess this just reflects real life. You don't see 5-0 beatings every week!

Btw I lost only two games for half a season, one against Bergen and one against Zulte-Waregem (both non top 5 teams). Again a represenatation of real life where smaller teams play very defensive so they can sneak 1 goal on counter attack! Frustrating indeed but not something impossible!

I did suck at my European games and got knocked out of CL & Uefa before group stages by Panathinaikos and Tottenham. Standard don't have a bad team but yet again in real life it is very plausible they would've get beaten by both as well. So I guess a bad result against Juventus was to be expected as well.

My advice: Strengthen your squad in the right places with rising stars and try to keep harmony in your squad, and maybe try to tweak your forwards to get them to score more often...

Oh well I lost Defour and Witsel to other clubs. Bought some new ones and not bad ones but pff it isn't working.

My first season was excellent and I was champion with another tactic so I thought tactic would be great again in my 2nd season but I lost my first match so I switched to another tactic. This tactic didn't help either so started with a new one and well I beat Club Brugge with 5-0. But now I lost with 4-1 against Zulte-Waregem so searching for another one again.

Other problem is that most players don't want to join my team because I can't pay them 7 million a week ...

So to be fair none of all the tactics works for Belgian teams ....

3 Friendly games played

2 Weak Teams(real union and atletico "C") and One better (osasuna)

Stats:

Ferrol - Real Union(lower league) 1:0

shots 14-0

on target 4-0

off target 7-0

blocked shots 3-0

clear cut chances 1-0

possesion 50%-50%

corners 3-0

free kicks 9-14

offsides 4-2

passes completed 73%-65%

crossings completed 22%-14%

GOAL:Through pass from CM to ST Clear cut chance and GOAL

Ferrol - Atletico "C"(lower league) 5:0

shots 19-5

on target 12-1

off target 3-3

blocked shots 4-1

clear cut chances 4-0

possesion 53%-47%

corners 7-2

free kicks 12-10

offsides 2-4

passes completed 75%-65%

crossings completed 18%-0%

GOALS:

1 and 2 Simmilar goals of my ML from 18YRD (left corner of penalty area)

3 Through pass from CM to ST Clear cut chance and GOAL(as in first game)

4 Penalty

5 Cross from right side on one of my strikers head

BIG TEST

Ferrol - Osasuna(LIGA BBVA med pred 12) 1:1

shots 15-9

on target 8-4

off target 4-3

blocked shots 3-2

clear cut chances 5-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

possesion 49%-51%

corners 8-4

free kicks 14-13

offsides 3-5

passes completed 72%-73%

crossings completed 33%-30%

GOALS:

1:0 Long shot of my MC from 27 metres

1:1 Cross from right side and vadocz scored(184cm height)

Lucky draw for Osasuna!! Great game of my team. If they will play like this we have chance to fight for LIGA BBVA

I will give you next update when I will have mid-season break

I have only one question:

I know that I should play on the smallest pitch size.... unfortunately I have 105 m x 68 m and it's to late to change it. Shall I change something in tactic? For example wider game?

Thx

Hi QotleciQ. Thanks for trying V5 and feedback. Don't change the tactic. Just change the pitch next season. The pitch size helps a bit but is not of major importance.

Have you tried V5?

Not yet. I will download it and will try it next season if I bought some more descent players.

But Tyler sorry bout my nagging over and over again. I know you did a great job.

But I bought a good striker. Well I got two good strikers. Paloschi and Keirrison. Also got Eren Derdiyok who's not bad either.

To bad Paloschi and Derdiyok are injured :( But Keirrison scored 5 goals in 3 matches (I use the Knap tactic again until I got descent players)

just thought i would try version 5 wif my everton side

drew 2-2 at home with chelski first game not a bad result considering i was without yobo, cahill, arteta, jagielka, pienaar and fellaini

i was 2-1 up and changed tactics though

will report

Don't forget the both DC's should be back arrowed!

I'm in December in my game. I created a British league and started with Rangers in the Championship. I'm in the middle of an injury crisis and am struggling to stay top with version 4 (hopefully version 5 will impress me more as I feel version 3 has been the best so far). Teams are breathing down my neck with games in hand to take them above me.