** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made a list of 'Preferred move' training in the OP. This would enhance the tactic if you're players had them:

Preferred Move Training:

- DC: Stay back, don't dive in.

- FB: Stay back, don't dive in.

- MC: Play short passes, hit shots with power.

- MR/L: Run with ball down right/left,

- FC: Try through balls, run with ball through centre.

- ST: Try to beat offside trap, place shots/round keeper.

Great idea AcidBurn. Can you post screenie of him?

Dont have the game anymore. He had something like 42 games, 27 goals, 16 assists and an average rating of 7.44. He had some really bad games while he was learning the position but once he got it he was pretty good.

how often do your forwards score,after 12 games lewandowski has 4 and fletcher 1 any ideas how i can score more.i`m using fletcher as the forward with the backward arrow and lewandowski as the main forward.i also have obbina,morfeo and mcfadden who can play these roles.

how often do your forwards score,after 12 games lewandowski has 4 and fletcher 1 any ideas how i can score more.i`m using fletcher as the forward with the backward arrow and lewandowski as the main forward.i also have obbina,morfeo and mcfadden who can play these roles.

Fletcher be better for ST. McFadden the FC. Try that. Are you in Prem?

yes mate also i dont create a lot of chances i dont know if its due to my players getting used to the tactic i have quite a strong midfield with delph and mcarthur and decent wingers in santon and driver.delph seems to like this tactic he has scored 5 goals already this season

ive noticed that with version 4 you say use a target man but in the team instructions its not ticked should i tick it

Guest blackburnrvs

I try on 2 different saves with blackburn but just cannot work for me. My team simply let in a goal every shot they came against.

play 9 draw 3 lose 6 score 7 against 20

yes mate also i dont create a lot of chances i dont know if its due to my players getting used to the tactic i have quite a strong midfield with delph and mcarthur and decent wingers in santon and driver.delph seems to like this tactic he has scored 5 goals already this season

ive noticed that with version 4 you say use a target man but in the team instructions its not ticked should i tick it

You don't have to use TM, its optional. Try if u like.

gk kirkland/doyle

rb santon/kelly

lb mattock/queudrue

cb gioda/ridgwell/forsund

cb medjani/beevers/pearce

rm larsson

lm driver/mcsheffery

cm delph/mcarthur

cm bentgsson/parejo/morton

st fletcher/makukula/mcfadden

st lewandowski/obinna

not sure how to do a screenie but thats my squad

I wish I wouldn't have tried the tactic that was uploaded last night. I went 0-2-3 with it. :) I'm only in the first half of my first game with the newest V4 tactic, and I'm up 3-0 and dominating at HT.

Sorry Aytumious, I made a howler with that. Good job I noticed this morning or I'd be getting pelters! Hopefully you're enjoyment of this v4 will make up for it.

Tyler - I've sent u a request to add on msn - hope that's okay - I'm the andyb27 contact - I'm using the V4 tactic but am only struggling around midtable with spurs 3 seasons in - I've got a decent team:

Gomes (I know, I know!)

Hutton

David Luiz

King/Woodgate

Bale

Bentley

Palacios

Gojko Kacar (think he's a regen - but he's a top quality dm)

Alex

Keirrison

Foti/Pavlyuchenko

I'm playing Keirrison in the fc rather than st position - I've not got TM selected.

At home I usually dominate but away I'm struggling and have been beaten convincingly by Wigan and West Brom who are both doin poo!

one thing i do not understand is why you choose small pitch. You utilize your wingers (down both flanks) and ask them to go wide (width bar set a lot to the right). So, the pitch should be set to large-wide not small. I understand it is easier to defend when pitch is set to small (especially against teams with AML AMR) but your pitch choice i believe does not match your tactic settings offensively. Anyway i always choose large pitch when playing with wingers. Your tactics work just great. As for the new tactic i have tested it with my Liverpool team for almost a season. All versions are actually great. What i have seen with my tests (testing with Liverpool v1 v2 and v4 for long period and v3 only for half season) i believe v4 is the best all-around and should be chosen with small-medium clubs and v1 though leaking more goals is great attacking tactic. For my (strong) Liverpool team i have enjoyed more v1, the team plays really good (helps a lot with fast CBs). I havent tested with lower teams so maybe all i am saying is only good teams.

Thanks for the great tactics and keep up the good work...

one more thing, i have noticed that when your team has a poor percentage of successful passes you can try lowering the tempo, in that way they are not in a hurry to pass around so fewer mistakes are made( i thing in v3 you have that by default). It helped me against teams that have strong DMs that tackle a lot and press you until you make a mistake or they steal the ball (that damn de rossi is real trouble)...

one thing i do not understand is why you choose small pitch. You utilize your wingers (down both flanks) and ask them to go wide (width bar set a lot to the right). So, the pitch should be set to large-wide not small. I understand it is easier to defend when pitch is set to small (especially against teams with AML AMR) but your pitch choice i believe does not match your tactic settings offensively. Anyway i always choose large pitch when playing with wingers. Your tactics work just great. As for the new tactic i have tested it with my Liverpool team for almost a season. All versions are actually great. What i have seen with my tests (testing with Liverpool v1 v2 and v4 for long period and v3 only for half season) i believe v4 is the best all-around and should be chosen with small-medium clubs and v1 though leaking more goals is great attacking tactic. For my (strong) Liverpool team i have enjoyed more v1, the team plays really good (helps a lot with fast CBs). I havent tested with lower teams so maybe all i am saying is only good teams.

Thanks for the great tactics and keep up the good work...

Thanks for that aleksiss. I see you're point. In an attacking sense you may be correct. However with the high pressing, high tempo and wingers running the flanks, the players also tire very easily on a big pitch. It also makes it easier to keep the ball and regain possession when it has been lost on a smaller pitch. Opponents can't get in behind you so easily either. It was a hard decision for me to make as I love big pitches but it was a small price to pay for the tactic to be more effective. Hope this answers you're question somewhat.

Hi,

I'm alternating between the various versions,during the game, and has resulted.

But my PL does not have very goals. Let´s wait.

I´m with O. Lyon, firts season patch 9.3.0.

Strikers: Benzema/Pandev (Gignac/Vela)

I will give you some feedback.

Hi,

Clarinet I Brazilian helped create the tactic add me to MSN I help you:

evandro-cavalcanti@hotmail.com

Sorry Aytumious, I made a howler with that. Good job I noticed this morning or I'd be getting pelters! Hopefully you're enjoyment of this v4 will make up for it.

No worries. I'm not expecting to get promoted in my first season at Oldham anyway, so those five games shouldn't matter too much.

Review (with Rangers (and a large pitch)):

Season 1 with v1: SPL title (only 1defeat (to Celtic)), League Cup winners, Scottish Cup Semi-Final (defeated on Pens by Celtic), CL last 16 (defeted by Chelsea)

Season 2 with v2: SPL title (No defeats), LC winners, SC winners, CL semi final (cheated by Inter)

The semi-final of the CL saw me have a player sent off in the first half of both legs for two yellow cards (the only players of mine to be booked). inter also scored a late and very dodgy goal. Defeated 3-2 on aggregate.

I won the league before the split and thought I would try out v4. One thing I noticed in the next 5 games before reverting to v2 for the final game of the season was that my possession was down by quite some margin. With v2 I was usually getting around 60% possession, with v4 I was only getting about half.

The best praise is reserved for last. The football is generally good to watch with this tactic, and for the first time ever I have completed a season UNDEFEATED in the league. I've played the game for a few years (FM06 I think) and never managed that. This tactic NEVER loses to underdogs. In two years of domestic competition (league and cups) I have only lost two games and they were in the first year to Celtic. I have finished both seasons with over 100 points.

Roll on next season. My team is continually improving and I think I have what it takes for the Champions League.

Played my first season and was on 20 win streak then lots of draws so i swapped from my tac to the sexy football one, unbeaten in the prem, came first won the euro cup, now everyone will sign and i bought these guys:

http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=58556462.jpg

Now using your tactic because it seems good from your first post :p

Me 1-1 Cardiff

Me 1-1 Fulham

Me 3-0 Norwich

Me 2-0 Oldham

Me 1-1 Chelsea (i won on penalties, community shield)

Me 2-0 West Ham

Me 0-1 Arsenal (completely dominated me, my keeper got man of the match)

Me 1-1 Arsenal (i won on penalties, Euro Super Cup)

Me 4-0 West Brom

Me 1-0 Blackburn

Me 1-1 Juventus (we dominated)

Me 0-1 Everton

Me 1-1 Man U (i won on penalties, fa cup 3rd round)

Me 4-0 QPR

Me 1-4 Wigan

So far my keeper has saved my ass, and strikers havent impressed :( Guna keep this till Jan, if it hasnt really improved then guna change tac

Chairmen gave me 82m, what a nice guy, what should my main improvements be?

I just cant seem to get any consistancy. I can dominate a strong team 3-0 one game and then loose at home to a weak team 2-0 with them having 20+ shots on goal to my 5-6.

Also finding it hard to win away games.

Im Sheff Utd in 2011/2012

I've been using this tactic as Man Utd (2010/11). I was using my own tactics (3-1-2-3-1) with a degree of success, but won nothing previous season and dropped some stupid points at the start of this.

http://i42.tinypic.com/denx50.jpg

I changed over to Tylerbode 903 on the QPR game. As you can see, the results have been outstanding since then. 14 games 14 wins, 39 for 0 against. That includes some matches where I rotated some of the first XI and gave them a breather.

The next 6 weeks have matches against Liverpool, Chelski and Arsenal in the league, Liverpool in LCF and Schalke in CL last 16. Should be interesting!

Hi, Tyler, I would just like to say your tactic is the first one to really get me going since buying this game. I am on the latest patch as Barnsley just with the starting squad. I am finding that the original first version gives better results on the whole.

I have also tried it with Man Utd and it is very good especially when using OI as well. I am thinking of trying it with Liverpool in the tactic used against Real so effectively last night. 4-2-3-1 which striker would you drop back to AMC? I'm guessing the one with the backward arrow?

Thanks for saving FM2009 for me - it has been very frustrating trying to find a tactic that worked - I appreciate everybody working at tactic sets but I am too lazy and don't have the time to micro-manage to that level.

Hi,

Hi,

My strikers had began to make goals.

Benzema, 16 matchs - 9 goals.

But i'm invincible to 25 games.

Adeus

Hi Tyler,

You say in first page that: "Tactic is not changed at all during game"

Even if we are losing??? If we sofer one or more goals???

yes,it worked for me with v2 or v1 and my reading team