** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler, I can see people have had good results using your tactics, but I'm a bit hesitant about it because I'm not so sure about playing Fabregas with forwards runs at rarely. I use Fabregas and Veloso at centre mid.

These players would be perfect for the MC role. They'll run the show. Try it. Read the OP too.

All I can say is thanks for the tactics. I honestly suck at creating my own, so I rely on the kindness of strangers to create them for me. I am currently in my fourth year with Elgin City of the Scottish leagues.

My first season in the Third Division was an absolute disaster. Even with your tactics, I finished with 6w - 7d - 23l, with a g.d. of -44. That's right -44. I thought for sure I was sack material, but they kept me on.

Season two was much better, actually went from worst to first winning the Third Division. I had a record of 22w - 7d - 7l. My g.d. that year was +35, an incredible 79 goal difference (from the year before). The season came down to the last day, but we pulled it off gaining promotion to the Second Division.

Didn't know what to expect this year. So I was very surprised that we finished in 2nd place. 19w - 7d- 10l. Our g.d. this season was +15. Really happy with this season as the top 5 teams were fighting all season for the last 3 playoff spots. In the end I won promotion to the First Division through the playoffs.

Now we are in the First Division and obviously have no hopes of repeating last years wonders. I have done a decent job of improving the squad and had a 16 yr old youngster come through the ranks that will be playing a decent amount in his first season as he is quite good. We have just started the new season, so tonight should be interesting.

TACTICS USED.

HOME= I have used the Elite tactic. About the only changing I do is maybe slow the pace up or change the passing to lower mixed. I also tick/untick the TM just to change things up. Do any of these changes have an effect. Who knows, but it makes me feel important and like I'm doing some sweet managing of my players.

AWAY= This is a little tougher as once in a while you just can't win on the road. But for the far majority and I mean 9/10 games, I use version 2. Same thing with the tweaking, just change a little of the passing, TM and pace. It was somewhat of a bend but don't break defense and it seemed to hold.

New ver 5 tactic. I have not really tried this much yet as I obviously had success with the others, but I might try out the new one on the road and see what happens.

So, all in all, this tactic works wonders for me. And you obviously don't need great players as you can imagine what kind of talent I can get at Elgin City. good luck folks.

am having mixed results - when i play the matches myself results are mixed, when i go on holiday and set use current match tactics and same team where possible the results are superb. Playing in my 3rd season with Bristol City. Am in the Premier League. Have beaten Liverpool at Anfield and drawn with Man U at Old Trafford. Using v5.

Will keep going and see how it pans out.

am having mixed results - when i play the matches myself results are mixed, when i go on holiday and set use current match tactics and same team where possible the results are superb. Playing in my 3rd season with Bristol City. Am in the Premier League. Have beaten Liverpool at Anfield and drawn with Man U at Old Trafford. Using v5.

Will keep going and see how it pans out.

Interesting. Good stuff.

luff78: When you go on holiday it is your assistant who take care of the team talks. But when you're playing you maybe say the wrong things to your players. Keep that in mind

I thought that when you went on holiday, it only meant that your assistant had to start with your tactic as well, not that he had to stick with it for the whole game

I thought that when you went on holiday, it only meant that your assistant had to start with your tactic as well, not that he had to stick with it for the whole game

Thats right swash mate, your Ass Man will make tactical changes he see's fit during the matches he's in charge, which is why Holiday Mode is practically useless when testing a tactic.

Time for update:

3 Friendly games played

2 Weak Teams(real union and atletico "C") and One better (osasuna)

Stats:

Ferrol - Real Union(lower league) 1:0

shots 14-0

on target 4-0

off target 7-0

blocked shots 3-0

clear cut chances 1-0

possesion 50%-50%

corners 3-0

free kicks 9-14

offsides 4-2

passes completed 73%-65%

crossings completed 22%-14%

GOAL:Through pass from CM to ST Clear cut chance and GOAL

Ferrol - Atletico "C"(lower league) 5:0

shots 19-5

on target 12-1

off target 3-3

blocked shots 4-1

clear cut chances 4-0

possesion 53%-47%

corners 7-2

free kicks 12-10

offsides 2-4

passes completed 75%-65%

crossings completed 18%-0%

GOALS:

1 and 2 Simmilar goals of my ML from 18YRD (left corner of penalty area)

3 Through pass from CM to ST Clear cut chance and GOAL(as in first game)

4 Penalty

5 Cross from right side on one of my strikers head

BIG TEST

Ferrol - Osasuna(LIGA BBVA med pred 12) 1:1

shots 15-9

on target 8-4

off target 4-3

blocked shots 3-2

clear cut chances 5-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

possesion 49%-51%

corners 8-4

free kicks 14-13

offsides 3-5

passes completed 72%-73%

crossings completed 33%-30%

GOALS:

1:0 Long shot of my MC from 27 metres

1:1 Cross from right side and vadocz scored(184cm height)

Lucky draw for Osasuna!! Great game of my team. If they will play like this we have chance to fight for LIGA BBVA

I will give you next update when I will have mid-season break

UPDATE

polowa.jpg

wynikir.jpg

I think it could be better if i would have faster DC. I have noticed that I lost a lot of goals because of long passes behind my defence and my defenders are to slow.. i will try to pull back my defence a little. My ST are to week or something is wrong (they play really poor)

all my strkiers play below 6.75

Check the stats:

Main attributes for each position (/ = either or both) Suggested by Tyler:

- DC: Positioning(14 and 15), jumping(14 and 16), concentration(both 14), pace(11 and 13)/acceleration(8 and 12) height (186cm and 190cm).

- FB: Pace(11 and 13)/acceleration(11 and 14), positioning(both 12), tackling(15 and 11).

- ST: Finishing (both 15), composure(12 and 10), heading(7 and 14), off the ball(14 and 13)

pace(15 and 14), acceleration(16 and 14)

very solid this tactic. what i like about it is it relies on a solid defense and then scrapping goals from corners and free kicks. its a "Mourinho" tactic which is something i always try to create myself.

tried it in a new game with arsenal and seems to be working ok

14aydg6.jpg

I'm not suprised that it is gooood with arsenal :)

I think that we used to win every game with one tactic llike in fm 2008 :) but now it's different. If you don't have good players you will not win. that's all. I was supposed to be 19 on the end but i'm 13 in the half of a season. I think it's not bad but i was expecting something more. ( we will se on next season if i will buy better players )

tyler if you can remember i was the first one to test your v5 tactic VIA MSN

As you know im playing with man city, came 2nd in first then 3rd in second.

Dont get me wrong tactic is great but i cant seem to win against bigger teams, also AMC dosent get involed much in any game and same with ST. As you said it could be a hitch with FM but tactic is not workin for me sorry mate

tyler if you can remember i was the first one to test your v5 tactic VIA MSN

As you know im playing with man city, came 2nd in first then 3rd in second.

Dont get me wrong tactic is great but i cant seem to win against bigger teams, also AMC dosent get involed much in any game and same with ST. As you said it could be a hitch with FM but tactic is not workin for me sorry mate

Thanks mate. After many people testing the V5 were of the same opinion, I made some alterations with final and completed V5 tactic. Be good if you could it a try, comparing it to the tester. Most people have had success with it. Have another read over OP as there's been some changes.

i wanted to congratulate wuth tyler for this tactic - after 5 season in serie c after 3 seasons in serie b with this tactic i am fighting for serie a media prediciton was 17 now i am final in play offs this is a great tactic - but the strikers lose many chances congratulation to tyler

i wanted to congratulate wuth tyler for this tactic - after 5 season in serie c after 3 seasons in serie b with this tactic i am fighting for serie a media prediciton was 17 now i am final in play offs this is a great tactic - but the strikers lose many chances congratulation to tyler

Kind words Matthew. Thankyou. Makes it all worthwhile when people enjoy it.

hey all, i want to share with you my man city career with this tactic. i'm in 2012 now.

2009- 3rd, won UEFA CUP, league cup

2010 - 2nd (94 points!), quarter final CL,won Super Cup

2011 - 2 nd (96 points!), won UEFA,runner up FA CUP

2012 - 1 st:), won CL, won FA CUp, won LEague Cup, runner up Super Cup

here you are some of my CRAZY transfers:

Cristiano Ronaldo - 127 M euro

Leo Mesii - 111 M

Steven Gerrard - 90 M

Frank Ribery - 60 M

Sergio Aguero - 43,5 M

Cristiano Zapata - 40 M

cheers:P thanks fot tactic tylerbode

Still going great! probably gonna miss out on the play-offs this season, with Luton Town in the championship in 2015, media prediction 23rd, am 9th with 4 games to go, but the V5 is getting results away now, played 7 away using V5, winning 1, drawing 4 and losing 2, one of the defeats was due to a dodgy pen and drew 2-2 away with my left back conceding a pen and an absoulte howler of a back pass, before using V2 and V4 away I was just hoping for a draw at the most...

Now going into away games with a bit of confidence, restricting teams to less shots and ccc's still using V4 at home though as this just destroys teams, had a good few 3-0 and 4-0 wins, really tight wage budget though, but progressing every year, from Blue Sq. Premier to championship now just one more push to the prem and i'll be delighted.

Thanks for the time and effort put in the tactics! cheers.

Why so much time wasting with V5 is this necessary? As a top team i am usually going for the win so just wondering whether it will affect the tactic.

With closing down so high the players would be exhausted by 60mins and be unfit for next match. Time wasting helps save much needed energy due to the intensity of the tactic.

Thanks for the tactic tyler bode. I've just finished my first season in the prem with crystal palace. I was predicted to finished 15th but in the end i finishing 5th so top tactic. My one problem is my strikers who consistently get low ratings game after game and also can't finish chances to save their lives. This guy for instance, his ratings are always low and playing rubbish.

cobasi.png

Btw i play him in the hole when i play at home with version 4. He's been with me for one season and i've just got my team to 'have attained a good level of understanding'. Could that be the reason why they are playing so bad or is it something else? Thanks

I think it's a bug with these strikers. Try to watch all game I decide if they play bad or it's just rating bug like it was with amc and mc in 9.2

I completely agree. I have watched games when an ST has great game and gets ratings of 5 to 5.8 only because he didn't score. This after he holds ball up well, passes good, closes down great, makes good runs, out-muscles DC all game winning most headers and creates lots of scoring chances for himself or others. Ratings can be very under-estimated for ST's especially.

Switched to this with my 2015 Birmingham team. Saivet and Tafer up front, with Ramires and Veloso (got him for a steal, 32 million pounds!) as midfielders and Assulin and Fleck as wingers.

Switching back and forth between home and away tactics, working well so far, beat Middlesborough & Aston Villa, tied away vs Inter, so no complaints!

Tyler a question for you when you were dominating with Motherwell etc, which type of strikers did you use was the guy with the backward arrow a big targetman type SC (Heskey) or a more creative AM/FC who drops off (Bergkamp,Zola) and the more attacking one I assume a fast goalscorer type SC (Defoe) have you stuck with the same method throughout the versions?

I posted about running away with the Championship as Wolves (using V1) , although when I got promoted I found I struggled due to the attacking nature of the tactic that's the only thing if you are a small/bad team in the league it's very attacking so I have been working on a counter attacking tactic I can use to complement it.

Did you not find that with Dunfurmline when playing the old firm?

Also the photobucket screen shots in the OP don't seem to be working anymore, thank you for all the time and effort by the way you've done a fine job here.

Tyler what kind of striker do you advise for the left striker in the V4 tactic?

thanks for this tactic it is really great and i became champion with liverpool couple of times :)

Thanks!

I'd say a player like Bergkamp, Cantona, Raul, Del Piero or Rooney. For a big team like Liverpool you want attributes; first touch, technique, creativity/flair, dribbling and passing of +16. You could retrain Gerrard as an FC. Somebody did it with Lampard and it worked great.

This is my left sided FC for Dunfermline:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/tylerbode/curri.jpg

Tyler a question for you when you were dominating with Motherwell etc, which type of strikers did you use was the guy with the backward arrow a big targetman type SC (Heskey) or a more creative AM/FC who drops off (Bergkamp,Zola) and the more attacking one I assume a fast goalscorer type SC (Defoe) have you stuck with the same method throughout the versions?

I posted about running away with the Championship as Wolves (using V1) , although when I got promoted I found I struggled due to the attacking nature of the tactic that's the only thing if you are a small/bad team in the league it's very attacking so I have been working on a counter attacking tactic I can use to complement it.

Did you not find that with Dunfurmline when playing the old firm?

Also the photobucket screen shots in the OP don't seem to be working anymore, thank you for all the time and effort by the way you've done a fine job here.

Hopefully the post above will answer you're question. I agree with you're point on Wolves and Dunfermline in a big league. Try V5 for that. If you look at my OP, you will see that I finished 5th in EPL with Hull in season 1 using v5.