The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bloody amazing... :eek:

Had lost four league games in a row with KV Oostende in the Belgian second division, and had two experienced defenders suspended for this home game with KSVK because, 3-0 down to Dender at ht in the previous game, I thought F- it and set everyone to the hardest tackling, most aggressive setting I could and kept shouting Get Stuck In from the sideline. Two got sent off, but at least we cut the score to 3-2 and nearly snatched a point. I also started shouting my mouth off about kicking the Dender bastards in the balls at the post match press conference, an outburst that went strangely unnoticed.

And so, KSVK at home... and in the first minute, Martin Morel - who was sensational in his first season at Oostende but terrible so far this - out ran three KSVK defenders from a long clearance out of defence to score a great goal.

But with inexperienced defenders, we were soon back to our dismal form, 2-1 down at half time and 3-1 within nine minutes of the second half. So a desperate substitution... I threw on Ivorian forward Zoko for a midfielder, and withdrew Morel from his striking role to attacking midfield, hoping he could influence the game more from there... also changed to 'overload', which I *never* use.

Within a few minutes, Morel had blasted a long range effort for 2-3. Then as the final whistle approached, my free transfer striker from Argentina, Barijho, dribbled his way through the KVSK defence and put it on a plate for Morel to equalise from close in!

I was celebrating as it was, but there was still injury time...

94 minutes, Phillippe Liard pushed up from left back and delivered a wonderful pass down the inside left channel for Barijho to fire in for 4-3! And then, straight from KSVK's kick off, they gave the ball away to bald-headed argentino Martin Aguirre to whack forward, Barijho got onto it again and made it 5-3!!! :D

Like I said, bloody amazing. 6th place in the table now, 16 points from 11 games, my hope restored that I can haul my collection of ageing Argentinian show-offs and dour Belgian and Dutch journeymen into the Jupiler League after falling away so badly with those four really poor defeats.

5/12/2009

Man City 3 - 1 Chelsea

Toure 71'                    Cole 26'
Wright-Phillips 79'
Bellamy 90+2'

Great result for me, especially to come from a goal behind with 20 mins left :) Was missing Lescott through injury, so had to play an unfit Kompany, since it was either him or Onuoha who was also unfit. Made some tactical changes, as well as dropping Ireland for De Jong in midfield. Tevez had another poor game. Kompany got injured again, and Petrov continues to be a monster on the left.

Crewe 5 - 2 Preston

My goalkeeper scored the opening goal with a goal kick that bounced into the opposition penalty area and over their goalkeeper's head lol.

Unfortunately, my DC captain performed terribly and was responsible for 3 of the 5 goals giving him a rating of 4.2!

Was considering dropping him and selling him next transfer window as he's been poor all season. But I needn't bother... I've just been sacked!!!

Coca Cola League 2

Rochdale 0 Barnet 4

One of my strikers single handedly ripped Rochdale up in this surprisingly one sided match. He got a hattrick and we scored a penalty to set up a magnificent win. It followed a 5-1 win over Leyton Orient 2 big wins in a row and we are 3rd after about 7 games so still a long way to go and anything can still happen.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton

Not entirely convincing but we never really looked like losing. We're in a bit of dodgy form atm, scraping through games against bottom of the table teams by the odd goal. As long as we're still winning though, I don't care. We're top by 3 points with a game in hand and a superior goal difference to Man United, but I haven't done my old club any favours as the gap at the bottom is closed to 3 points.

Leeds United 10 V Wigan Athletic 0

One of me new young striker siginings Eyenga Yomby scored 7 Goals in this 10-0 battering of Wigan in the 3rd ROund of the FA cup.. The first time a time of mine has evers scored double figures in any save i have had. I am over the moon with this one, now watch me get battered in the 4th round by a League 1 team :D

Athletico Madrid 2 - 1 Arsenal

Disappointing. Many of our key players failed to perform and Madrid ran out deserved winners. Walcott came off the bench to score a vital goal in stoppage time, meaning all we need is a 1-0 win at home in the reverse fixture to progress. We'll need to play better than we did today, however.

Man City 2 - 0 Arsenal (Prem)

Shocking, absolutely disgusting performance against an ageing mid-table side. With the exception of a few injuries I had pretty much a full-strength side out but the whole thing was disjointed and flat. I'm expecting a belting performance against Athletico Madrid mid-week to make up for that.

Arsenal 6 - 0 Burnley (Prem)

Nice big win and a decent performance to go with it, that's the second time we've won 6-0 in 5 games. With the Champions League semi-final against Marseille in mind, I rested Tafer and Marin and gave 16-year old Ludgero Branco a go up front with Walcott as a reward for his fine form in the Reserves and he didn't disappoint as he made one and scored a cracker from the edge of the area. Very excited by this kid, I have a feeling he's going to be huge in a few years.

River 1 - 4 C Universitario D (Copa Libertadores Final - Away Game for Uni)

River started off with a strong attack, scoring a header within 3 minutes. Cremas responded quickly, equalizing at ten minutes. They scored two more goals in the first half by capitalizing on their possession, teamwork and aerial ability--though one was offsides. The start of the second half was even more fun with an own-goal by River. To be fair, Alva (Uni) was within 5 yards of the goal and squaring off with the keeper. The defense tried a last ditch slide tackle from behind which neatly shot the ball into the net. The last goal was just cake.

Initial odds were River (1.50), Draw (3.5) and Universitario (5.50). I'm quickly finding my Cremas to be exceptionally well suited at gunning the odds when they aren't in their favor. Playing weaker teams is just a hassle though, and I feel like a slave driver with my "Don't get cocky!" *finger waggle* routine. I won't complain as that's probably why they did so well here. We'll see if they can keep it up for the next game.

Leeds United 4 V Aston Villa 2 : F A Cup 4th round

A fine birthday present for me as manager of Leeds United seeing the trounce Villa 4-2 at Elland Road in the FA Cup, with American striker getting a brace, and Madujanin scoring a lovely 35 yard free kick. Bring on the 5th round.

Premier League 2010/11

Chelsea 2 - 1 Newcastle

A missed penalty ends our unbeaten run, but a good start to the season see's us in 10th position after 2 wins (Portsmouth, Arsenal) 2 draws (Stoke, Birmingham) and a defeat (Chelsea)

2019 Copa America, hosted by Brazil

Semifinal

Brazil 0 - 6 USA

Final

USA 4 - 0 Argentina

Brilliant results, both in matches that were even in terms of shots and possession. My American boys finished incredibly well though, while the South Americans were wasteful. The win gave CONCACAF its second straight Copa America, with Mexico having won it in 2015.

Champions League group stage

Wolves 8 Real Madrid 3

I can't remember a better result I've had versus such a good team, although I have a great team also. (2021)

Screenshot2010-07-25at44125PM.png

Love it :D

2012-13 Premier League

Everton 1-3 Man City (including a sure-fire goal of the season from Jeremy Toulalan)

Newcastle 2-1 inter

This was the second leg of the Champions league Semi Final, meaning we went out on away goals having lost 1-0 away at Inter.

Normally I would not mind, but the away goal they scored annoyed the hell out of me, their winger is running down the line with the ball and is completely covered by my fullback, until for some bizarre reason, he decides to ignore the winger and cut into the box. The now unmarked winger has all the time in the world to pop in a beautifully weighted ball right onto the head of the their charging striker. I was not amused.

Arsenal 4 - 0 West Brom

A game we needed to win in order to keep our noses in front now that we've played our games in hand. Baxter ran the show, Strobl made up for his disappointing performance mid-week with a well-taken strike and Walcott got yet another goal to add to his tally. A comfortable, clinical victory. We're level on points with Man Utd but ahead of them on goal difference. It's shaping up to be a very tight end to the season:

Arsenal remaining fixtures:

Chelsea (home), Liverpool (away), Spurs (away), Aston Villa (away), Portsmouth (home)

Manchester United remaining fixtures:

Portsmouth (home), Sunderland (home), Colchester (away), Man City (away), Aston Villa (home)

gotta say im pretty satisfied with this one, makes up for the depressing lose to Udinese (my boggy team on this save):

roma-juveCup2.png

as can be seen here, they played there best team possible bar the crocked Marchisio, while I started promesing regen Di Pietro in what was otherwise a pretty regular XI:

roma-juveCup1.png

2016 Communtiy Shield (Wembley)

Chelsea 0 V Leeds United 1

A stunning strike from my England striker Daniel Quinn, was all that was needed for my Leeds Untied team to lift the Community Shiels for the forth time in a row. First silverware of the season goes ot Leeds United, with more to come hopefully. Hopefully i can cope with being Leeds United Manager and part time England u20's Manager at the same time.

Atletico Madrid 0 - 1 Ajax

CL 1st knockout round 1st Leg. Scored in the first minute, defended well for the next 70, then had 3 great chances to put the tie beyond them in the last 20 or so mins but missed them. Still, should be able to get a draw at least back in Amsterdam :)

Just booked our place in the Europa League final with a 6-1 home second leg win. First leg away was 0-0 and at half time in the second leg the scores were tied but then the second half saw 7 goals between us!

Final will be against AC Milan at Southampton St Mary's staduim...

semiy.png

Archived