SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Just completed 1st season with Newcastle United and so far extremely impressed with this tactic. I was given £6m and sold Bassong 2.5m, Geremi 3.5m, viduka 1m, Cacapa 1m, Ameobi 2.5m & Smith 3.5m. This gave me a budget of £20m.

Players bought in were the following:

Veloso 10.5m

Keirrison 3.5m

Salgado 150k

Krivets 450k

Joe Mattock 1m

Thiago Silva 3.2m

played friendlies all away from home against poor USA sides and won all convincingly (which of course i expected to) and with 1 week prior to season i have a takeover approach which puts a transfer embargo on the club (luckily all the above deals have gone through as i knew i wanted to buy and sell all these players on day 1).

At start of the season i used the control tactic both hame and away and had a decent start. takeover was completed but the new owners gave me no money to spend despite pumping £63m into the balance. I decide to put an offer of £11.5m in for Lassana Diarra and bid accepted and board allowed me to adjust budgets to buy diarra.

Team now at the end of august was the following and in my opinion a fairly good squad which i hoped would get me UEFA Cup football:

Given

Coloccini

Silva

Taylor

Enrique

Veloso

Jonas

Diarra

Nzogbia

Owen

Martins

Having completed the season i was amazed to finish 2nd. again using the control tactic for most games home and away unless i was playing someone in bottom 5 or 6 of the league then i would only use the home tactic against them if playing at home.

Strikers between 4 of them scoring a decent amount of goals (owen 18, martins 19, keirrison 13, xisco 10) considering games were not being won by 3-0 & 4-0 and a lot of games close. Picked up vital wins against Man Utd at home, chelsea & liverpool away.

I did pick up a few poor defeats at bolton away & stoke away aswell as a few draws against clubs i should have beaten but overall i am extremely impressed with these tactics.

Only main issue i had all season was getting Diarra to play well in the MC role. even though it is a natural position for him. any suggestions on getting him to perform 2nd season or anyone to replace him (had a bid from Man Utd of £19.5m).

I have a few good free players coming in now (notably Bojan whom i offered wages massively over the odds & Jankovic). also plan to sign Guardado & Zapata as although Nzogbia is good i have been given £35m to spend on transfers.

If these signings come off then i will start to use the home tactic in almost all home games and will see how the 2nd season progresses.

If anyone can suggest maybe some tweaked settings for diarra or a replacement that fits this role then it would be appreciated.

cheers

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This tactic has been awesome for me. I am managing Liverpool in my first season, before i was using these tactics i was in 2nd place but couldn't find any consistency and found myself conceding too many goals. I thought ive got nothing to lose so downloaded these and used the control tactic in my first game aweay against table topping Arsenal who had been knocking everyone out of sight. So we won the match 2-0 and Arsenal hardly created a thing. My next game was at home against Chelsea, i tweaked the corner routines slightly and Fazio scored me a last minute winner. Again using the controlling tactic. So i decided to stick with it and havent't looked back out of my last 15 league games i think i've drawn 2 and won 13 only conceding 5 goals. Beating everton 5-1 was the highlight, im not on FM atm but i will post more details later.

Very Good tactic

Kutgw

Update on Blackpool in league one now. After bringing in some qaulity players at end of season Bradley Wright Phillips on a free bossman,

Got Steve Kabba back for 20k 130k cheaper than what i tried to sign him for last Jan at the end of his loan.

Also got a decent defensive mid some thing i was missing last season Charlie Grant on a free got good pace but he as broke his ankle now and his out for 5 to 9 months and i have no back up :(,

Got a decent left winger for League One on a free from Swanser Andrea Orlandi.

Kabba got injured in the first game of season so been playing Javier Acuna up front who as 18 accelration and 16 pace was playing him on the right wing last season but now i know you need fast strikers played him up front, hes been setting loads of goals up for Wright Phillips and he as chipped in with a couple but Kabba is back now scored 3 goals in last 2 games :D

Well doing good 2nd in the League with a game in hand, yet to suffer a defeat in the League.Got knocked out of the Carling Cup 2-1 at home to Birmingham in the 2nd round was all over them then we scored an own goal then they got a penatly finaly scored in the 87th min but was too late by then. Into 3rd round of the Ldv Vans Trophy, Hoping to win that and the league to do the double.

Also Mascio is doing alot better now in the Center of Midfield in League One he was absoulty terrible in the Championship even though he as great stats but he seems more comfortable in League One.

18096676om0.jpg

w1024.png

Was hovering around the play offs with sheff utd about half way through the season. I switched to your formations and finally found some concistency. I ended up finishing 3rd behind runaway Reading and wolves. I also managed to win the play offs comfortably. Will let you know how I get on in the Prem.

It's decent. After 11 games with Juventus i've won 6, and drawn 5. It's good to still be unbeaten, I just feel there is too many draws. I'm also getting an amazing amount of injuries which is frustrating and could be effecting the tactic. I'm using 9.2.0.

I tried this system over a full season with Tottenham, I finished 17th! I managed to win the Premier League & UEFA Cup in my first season with Tottenham, using my own, 3-1-3-3 system. I use long ball & fast tempo.

Hmm, strange. Did you buy in decent strikers? I bought L Diarra, Zapata, but more importantly Lavezzi and Pandev before my first season. Currently second and the team is still heavilly ungelled. Also need a new RB since Corluka and Hutton wont do the job.

The only problem with this tactic is to find a player that can do a good job at the MC position.

It's decent. After 11 games with Juventus i've won 6, and drawn 5. It's good to still be unbeaten, I just feel there is too many draws. I'm also getting an amazing amount of injuries which is frustrating and could be effecting the tactic. I'm using 9.2.0.

13th game of the season, and I lose my first game of the season. 2-1 to Sampdoria and now I see Inter take a 3 point lead ahead of me. Once again like previous games the commentator calls it a 'Poor match' were we don't really create much, nor score much.

Hmm, strange. Did you buy in decent strikers? I bought L Diarra, Zapata, but more importantly Lavezzi and Pandev before my first season. Currently second and the team is still heavilly ungelled. Also need a new RB since Corluka and Hutton wont do the job.

The only problem with this tactic is to find a player that can do a good job at the MC position.

Yeah brought in Giuseppe Rossi & Obafemi Martins. Also had Darren Bent on the bench.

Try my tweaks Levi. (see 2 previous pages)

With high flying teams it can be a little less effective. Home should work fine. If it looks unbalanced my tweaks might give you some control.

After some season with good results i also had many draws. This is because of how the AI uses the mentality system.

If you're clear favorites, in good form, or have performing very well in previous seasons, the AI will go to a more devensive mentality resulting in not enough pressure to take the game and therefor draws.

In the meanwhile i have made even more tweaks.

What's important is that the team mentality fits the opponent. If you feel you should win, have more pressure etc ... Increase mentality of the team to more attacking, together with the CD/DMC/AMC/ST individual mentality settings so the framework stays intact, only positioned more forward.

If the opponent is stronger, lower it.

In any case i've had beter results with Home without the FWR of the Wingers. But maybe that depends on your squad.

Don't think the tactic is holy. I do believe the framework is holy and very compatible as a team. By changing little things like Time wasting, Passing style/speed and mentality it will get the most out of your players.

Example

Last game against AZ (media prediction 4th) - away (My team = Go Ahead Eagles - Media prediction 3rd), a team i had much trouble with last seasons and odds where slightly in their favour, but i was on a high and felt the odds were more like equal. The weather condition was Gusty.

So i took the control tactic. Changed team mentality to normal (so 3 notches up) because i didn't feel i was the lesser team and wanted to keep considered pressure on them. Also increased the individual mentality of the CD/DMC/AMC/ST 3 notches up so the framework stayed intact.

I changed to the first notch of Direct passing style because of the bad weather. It's not possible to play a short passing game on such a pitch. CF is low on Control as well, so that's good, didn't change it. Because CF is also dangerous on a bad pitch. Just minimizing error proneness.

I changed Time Wasting to notch 13. To keep some possession (control) and lure them out a little and not kick the ball up front right away.

I started the game, 1 - 0 in 40th minute and controlling the game with loads of chances.

I noticed AZ was coming through the middle a lot, so i decided to set the width to mixed instead of the default wide setting.

52th minute, 2 - 0

65th minute, 3 - 0

I owned them in all areas. Everything just fell into place because of some proper preparation.

In the next game i had a similar situation, but i played at home against Sporting in the CL. They were slighty favoured, but i played at home. So i kept the normal formation. But it was dry weather. So i changed to a more short passing game. Trying to control them with some condidered pressure again. I also upped the CF to normal this time to create something more on a better pitch without making it too risky.

Won the game 2 - 0. Also halfway decided to lower width because they were coming through the middle mainly.

Just to give you an idea how you can increase the effectiveness of this framework.

As Juventus you're probably favoured most of the time, so go for home and use my tweaks i posted to see if that makes it more effective as a base. Obviously you might need some tweaking to make it even better for your side (maybe in some cases even more attacking, or more CF).

I am using this tactic with sc Heerenveen, and currently at halfway through season second to ajax only, and so far surviving in UEFA. I bought Demy de Zeeuw from AZ as my star player on DMC, and he does very well. However i dont have very fast good strikers so i used 1 fast striker and 1 tall striker, amazingly the tall striker(Gerald Sibon) is my topscorer, he gets alot of headers in from crosses.

Anyway, your tactic works very good!

just a quick question but what OI`s are you all using to get such good results with these tactics? my liverpool team were losing games to the likes of portsmouth and wigan when I used the home tactic (had a good pre season with it though) and using the control tactic although I dominate possesion my team never created many goals and ended up losing 2-0?

Another update from my Villa game. So.....the tactic is really starting to produce results. Ive found consistency and we are performing much better than the start of the season. Currently sitting 10th but only 6 points off 3rd so I'm not ruling out a European spot. A few stand out results so far :-

Newcastle(A) - 4-3 win

West Ham(A) - 3-1 win

Deportivo(H) - 3-0 win

I haven't conceded in Europe yet mainly down to the control tactic. My strikers are performing well - Agbonlahor 14, Carew 7, Keirrison 3 (he is out injured atm) and Harewood 4.

I'm glad I persisted with the tactic and will let you's know how things go with another update soon. :)

Just finished my second season with these tactics.

Well the misery of relegation is long forgotten. Won the league got to over 100 points too aswell as scoring over 100 goals.

Plus won the Johnstones paint trophy played my backup players in every round even in the final and they did me proud beating Gillingham 3-1 in the final.

Got knocked out of the Fa Cup in the 1st round at home to Southend 3-2, Used the home tactic but played my back up players the same team i played in the Johnstone's cup. But this did not disheartened me as i was 4 points clear at the top of League One and just wanted to concentrate on that and i was still in the Johnstones cup.

Bradley Wright Phillips was my signing of the season out of contract at Southampton.

Played 44 Scored 37 Goals 10 Assists and 9 man Of Match. Came of the bench in the Johnstones final to score 1 goal in 1 cup appearnce so 38 goals in 44(1) appearnces.

My captian Ian Evatt was a class example to the rest of my team

63955891hr7.jpg

w1024.png

Now back to the Championship and hopefully a better season in it this time. With the right players these Tactics are Brilliant :D

Hi

Iv been using the tactic for about the last 10 games now and although its helping me to score more i seem to be conceding at least 1 every game on both the control and home settings. Any idea how i can rectify this? The players iv got should be good enough but the CB's arent the quickest. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Iv been using the tactic for about the last 10 games now and although its helping me to score more i seem to be conceding at least 1 every game on both the control and home settings. Any idea how i can rectify this? The players iv got should be good enough but the CB's arent the quickest. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Need more information what team and league are you in etc. Both tactics are quite attacking, and when i created them with Oldham because my squad wasn't the greatest especially my defenders, i conceeded around 1 goal a game also. When i moved to Roma i had the same problem until i managed to build my team and get quality defenders in, now it's pretty solid, this is due imo to the fact i have better defenders, and my squad has played with the same tactic for around 4 seasons.

Full backs are imporatnt in the formation as they are asked to attack alot, so good pace, positioning and stamina is important as they need to track back and get in position when your being countered. My advice would be as long as your getting good results stick with it and eventually build your team with players with the right attributes the tactic needs as outlined in my first post. Then you should start to see your defence get tighter.

I'm going to give these a try after being totally inept at using my own tactics and some of the sets out there.

As I haven't looked at the tactics yet (at work in Saudi but back home tomorrow morning) have you noticed any difference when playing on wet pitches. I.e. Would you recommended going more direct on those types of pitches?

Need more information what team and league are you in etc. Both tactics are quite attacking, and when i created them with Oldham because my squad wasn't the greatest especially my defenders, i conceeded around 1 goal a game also. When i moved to Roma i had the same problem until i managed to build my team and get quality defenders in, now it's pretty solid, this is due imo to the fact i have better defenders, and my squad has played with the same tactic for around 4 seasons.

Full backs are imporatnt in the formation as they are asked to attack alot, so good pace, positioning and stamina is important as they need to track back and get in position when your being countered. My advice would be as long as your getting good results stick with it and eventually build your team with players with the right attributes the tactic needs as outlined in my first post. Then you should start to see your defence get tighter.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Im Leeds in the Premiership and media prediction is 6th. Iv been using the tactic for about half a season now and had some great success but lacking the consistency. I still seem to be providing the opposition with about 4 or 5 clear cut chances per match and they usually score at least one of these. Going forward i have no complaints cos im scoring lots of goals. Have u got any ideas about how i could tweak my team to tighten up the defence? Does it need to be zonal marking? Could i drop the d line a few notches etc?

Thanks for any help.

Has anyone found a MC that performs well with this tactic?

I have Gareth Barry playing as my MC and he doesn't get the greatest of ratings. Played 33 games, scored 4, assists 6 and Av Rating 6.95. I mean it isn't THAT bad but not spectacular. I've tried Reo-Coker and Petrov in the MC role aswell but neither has stood out tbh. I think I'll be looking for an MC in the summer aswell mate.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Im Leeds in the Premiership and media prediction is 6th. Iv been using the tactic for about half a season now and had some great success but lacking the consistency. I still seem to be providing the opposition with about 4 or 5 clear cut chances per match and they usually score at least one of these. Going forward i have no complaints cos im scoring lots of goals. Have u got any ideas about how i could tweak my team to tighten up the defence? Does it need to be zonal marking? Could i drop the d line a few notches etc?

Thanks for any help.

You could drop the defensive line, that all depends on the pace of your central defenders, in relation to the attack. The weakest part of the defence in relation to my tactic, is the attacking full backs as they are both on team mentallity which is quite attacking, they push forward often and attacking is a big part of the game, thats why i want players who play there with good pace, dribbling and crossing as they support the wingers in attack, but you can get caught out on the counter especially down the flanks. If this is happening to often for your liking you could reduce the mentality of the full backs, this will tighten up the defence but you will pose a less attacking threat.

Every action causes a reaction and its about finding the right balance.

i bought simon vucenic from sporting CP and he's doing really well,

i use him when i want to play more attacking against average or weaker teams and so far he's played 17 scored 2 assisted 8 with an average of 7.15

so thats pretty good i think

omfg this tactic is the only one on this entire forum that produces amazing results!

i beat manchester united 5-0 with a hattrick from bojan, next match i played against everton and i win 0-4 again with a hattrick but from benzema, this does exactly what the creator said it would, you will get lots of CCC and 1V1's and you will mostly score these easely, the opponent does get chances but they seem to miss them all due to the pressure from the defence and as a result they will have many shots off goal.

this has propelled my manchester city team up into 1st place atm and the tactic hassent even jelled yet so this can only get better from here

congrats!

Also its indeed very important to have fast strikers with good off the ball rating to open up the opposition defence. I use bojan and karim benzema, bojan has "try to beat off side trap" and "moves into channels" wich is a lethal combination.Both my strikers have "places shots" wich happens often with this tactic.

Thanks for the tactic. I am playing as Celtic in the English Premier League and finding it to be very benificial. Befor I was drawing a lot of games. Using it I am turning a lot of those draws into wins.

I have tweaked it slightly in that I have gone with a flat midfiled line e.g 4 players in a row along half way and I have also done away with a playmaker.

I was finding that my players kept on passing to the playmeker even when other players were in a far better position.

What the tactic is good for is getting the full backs forward and for retaining possesion - even on the home tactic as oppossed to control. I am finding that I dominating possesion and shots at goal now.

I am finding that most of my goals come from through balls to one of my strikers running beyond the defence. Not scoring many from crossed.

I am havinbg fun tweaking it to suit my players better but thanks for giving me the building blocks to work with.

Update on my newcastle game. i am finding the tactic 2nd season is not as consistent as it was in my 1st season even though i have a much better squad due to the takeover. i am currently sitting 4th (March) which although for newcastle is a good result for 2nd season i was hoping with the additions i have made that i would be pushing hard for the title. Even though i have better defenders this year (Zapata & Lescott) i seem to be conceeding more than i was.

At the other end i have to agree bojan is immense. started slowly but now scored something like 18 goals in his last 14 appearances. him and martins seems to be a cracking partnership.

i have also dropped diarra to the bench in place of newly signed moutinho who in his 1st 5 games is far better for the MC role.

i may try some of the tweaks suggested here to see if i can tighten up the backline but i feel i am possibly lacking a decent right back, any suggestions again would be welcome.

i also love the tactic. at home it works like wonders but away the matches are always boring. sometimes i can win but more often it's a draw...

my team shows so much potential that i want to tweak the tactic so that it works also away. are there suggestions?

at the moment i'm using the tactic of xs both away as home (the control-tactic wasn't that great but the home tactic was good)

i also love the tactic. at home it works like wonders but away the matches are always boring. sometimes i can win but more often it's a draw...

my team shows so much potential that i want to tweak the tactic so that it works also away. are there suggestions?

at the moment i'm using the tactic of xs both away as home (the control-tactic wasn't that great but the home tactic was good)

What kind of draws do you have away? Is it a matter of lacking chances, or leaking goals. I.E.: 0 - 0, 1 - 1's or 2 - 2, 3 - 3's ?

You might want to consider the control tactic, but up the mentality settings if you lack chances. Together with maybe passing style / speed and time wasting.

It's either because you play too offensive, or too defensive most of the time.

Do you have some example stats of a few drawing away games? It will give more insight in what's going wrong.

What kind of draws do you have away? Is it a matter of lacking chances, or leaking goals. I.E.: 0 - 0, 1 - 1's or 2 - 2, 3 - 3's ?

You might want to consider the control tactic, but up the mentality settings if you lack chances. Together with maybe passing style / speed and time wasting.

It's either because you play too offensive, or too defensive most of the time.

Do you have some example stats of a few drawing away games? It will give more insight in what's going wrong.

I'm playing as FC Bruges (a team that plays on top in Belgium). Unlike in home matches away i'm never the better team, sometimes i do have some chances but most of the time the chances are for the opposite team.

There was one match that i managed to get 3 CCC but the opposite team had 5 CCC. That game we played 3-3 (against an other good team).

But most of the time against weak squads i can't get no good chances...

I'm playing as FC Bruges (a team that plays on top in Belgium). Unlike in home matches away i'm never the better team, sometimes i do have some chances but most of the time the chances are for the opposite team.

There was one match that i managed to get 3 CCC but the opposite team had 5 CCC. That game we played 3-3 (against an other good team).

But most of the time against weak squads i can't get no good chances...

Against weaker sides away i'd go for the default home (more offensive) without my tweaks. Or use my version, but make it more offensive with mentality, FWR on wingers like in the default home, and maybe more direct passing instead of mixed.

If you feel you're not pressure enough against weaker sides it's probably because your framework is too defensive.

There are 2 ways to solve this actually:

- Possession, make sure you control the game and generate some chances and prevent their chances, but that would be focussing on marginal wins. Maybe play around with more attacking mentality to create more chances.

- Go more attacking, increase mentality, maybe CF even and / or FWR's. Maybe even go wider and play down both flanks if you can't get through their defense. Up your devensive line to increase pressure and maybe remove the Counter attack setting. Use playmaker maybe if you've a very good one. They can all be helpfull - just think what's best for your team.

im struggling scoring goals but defence is brilliant only let in 4 goals in 9 games but only scored 14.ive tried playing wider increasing the mentality playing down both flanks and using the playmaker.ive had one good game against middlesbrough in the league cup beating them 6-2 at the riverside.my forwards are worgu,blazek,jerome and selezynov all have the right attributes for the role. it could be that i signes a lot players in pre season so thry could still be gelling if not i`m not sure what it is.i`m playing as birmingam in he first season so using the home tactic as its more attacking as i`m favorites to win the league.any ideas

are welcome

started to have a bit of a hiccup in form at the moment only 1 out of the last 5 and conceeding goals ,still top of the league but i`m worried that i wont get the momentum back.selezynov who with any other tactic scores bucket loads has only 7 goals and worgu 12 these two should rip the championship apart,i dont know whats going on