Knap FM09 Patch 9.3 Tactics

Dadash

This loss of form at that time of year is the problem I have with this patch. I used a deep DL team for 96pts and then rerun 2nd half of season with a normal DL and made 102pts. Most of the dropped points are from unlucky losses and defence goes from Rock solid to leaking like a sieve.

Thats a shame. Guess I'll have to rotate a bit with tactics like I tried at the end.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to use cf as a tempo adjustment and my tactics in FM08 used No cf and pre patch maximum cf, mixing cf can IMO unbalance tempo which is also a reason for not using HUB. Just about to release trial 4222 tactic which has a specific Cf adjustment, just hope it works.

Hi there Knap, and may i first say what a commendable job you have done with regards to this tactic mularkey, jolly good show my boy!!!

i require assistance as im struggling with Sporting Lisbon, im looking for a tactic that combines success in the league with progress in the champions league, im really being hampered at the mo by this 9.2 patch injury bug. thanks.

With the 9.1 patch, if AI used an AMC then better results were obtained by changing to a 4132 formation using LH MC as DM and move RH MC to centre. The set up is same so can switch between formations depending upon opposition formation. Can also try ticking counter attack for more difficult games.

Not aware of too many injuries and I'm using Darkstarr training as in post 1.

With the 9.1 patch, if AI used an AMC then better results were obtained by changing to a 4132 formation using LH MC as DM and move RH MC to centre. The set up is same so can switch between formations depending upon opposition formation. Can also try ticking counter attack for more difficult games.

Not aware of too many injuries and I'm using Darkstarr training as in post 1.

so you are stating that in the 9.2 patch i can use the 4132 formation same as patch 9.1?

Pompey has tried using a DM with good results. I need to test first before releasing a tactic for 9.2. Use the 9.2 442 as a base and make a 4132, rather than use original 9.1 4132 tactic.

Alreet Knap - I've been using your tactics for a while now and they seem to be working fine. I've just downloaded darkstarrs training - ive never bothered with training schedules before - Ive downloaded them into a created tactics folder in the fm folder in my documents - to use these do I go to training in the game and change each players set schedule to whatever position they need training in - is that how it's done? Or do I need to do anything else?

Just download into Schedules, then schedule, edit schedule. import - then change each player.

I also auto assign coaches, see if coaching can be improved and search for coaches. 7 star coaches help to speed up attribute improvement per testing I have seen.

David is using the team tactic + OIs

If I've downloaded them into the tactics folder in the fm folder in my documents do I need to download them anywhere else? Or do you do it in the game? I don't usually auto assign coaches - I usually put them on a certain aspect depending on which they're best at from the star ratings - should I change this then to auto assign?

As long as you can find them does not matter. I only auto sign as its a quick way to show what they are good at rather than remember the attributes required. Should be a quick reference guide in game for this.

4132 testing is not going well so now trying a tweaked diamond. I would only use DM formation against an AMC formation..

Pompey has tried using a DM with good results. I need to test first before releasing a tactic for 9.2. Use the 9.2 442 as a base and make a 4132, rather than use original 9.1 4132 tactic.

My results do seem to be more based in the same way as the 4132 was for 9.1 as it was against top italian opposition that used the AMc option so it is more likely to be best in Europe rather than as a permanant solution in the English Leagues

Riot

As long as yu are getting results then I would not worry about ratings, just allow for it when making a sub decision. I will look into it as improving rating may improve tactic.

=knap;2388343]Away from Home you can add a few tweaks - Tick Counter Attack, drop DL to Deep on team tactic, reduced FB Fwd runs and change crosing to deep.

Knap do you do these tweaks at the start of an away game or near the closing stages thanks

Jack

Try increasing passing by a notch or two for a bad pitch but if raining may need to decrease. The game is getting daft if you have to micro manage a players passing.

Ifc

They are options you can use at any time or set up as an away tactic. I tend to use counter attack against Arsenal Home or away but if closing out a game tend to push up and use time wasting rather than go deep and allow pressure. Going deep is more attacking creating space as is increasing width

Riot

As long as yu are getting results then I would not worry about ratings, just allow for it when making a sub decision. I will look into it as improving rating may improve tactic.

Thanks for the reply. I took care of the problem myself and its working pretty good now. I just gave my right mc creative freedom and he is doing ok now.

knap does the more attacking midfielder have the forward arrow or should he have the back arrow? need to ask this cause someone mentioned a deep lying playmaker, and i seen Lampard is playing in that position.

would this make them not get involved in attacking moves further up the pitch?

knap does the more attacking midfielder have the forward arrow or should he have the back arrow? need to ask this cause someone mentioned a deep lying playmaker, and i seen Lampard is playing in that position.

would this make them not get involved in attacking moves further up the pitch?

Yeah this part of the tactic also bothers me somewhat. I have players like Moutinho and Diarra playing in middle. Moutinho keeps getting very average ratings being played as a deep lying playmaker, not sure why as his stats would indicate he'd do well there.

Yeah this part of the tactic also bothers me somewhat. I have players like Moutinho and Diarra playing in middle. Moutinho keeps getting very average ratings being played as a deep lying playmaker, not sure why as his stats would indicate he'd do well there.

I find it harder to get the box to box mid to play well but I think this is down to how settled he is and who he is. On that note can anybody recommend a top box to box mid for the Premiership?

Tactic redevelopment is underway as I am finding the team tactics more consistent, although lower scoring, and the diamond tactic is at 95pts.

I prefer to use 2 MCs acting together and the idea was to balance the position of MCs by countering the forward runs with mentality, so either way round should work. Its only from watching game you can see how the MCs work. For a box to box DM I would go for Veloso, top talent easily available. Pre patch I was trying Fazio and Veloso as the midfield pair.

Alreet Knap - I'm having a bit of trouble getting the centre midfield pairings correct. I have Mascherano and Mati Fernandez as my main cms - I followed the advice and played mati fernandez on the left and Mascherano on the right. Mati Fernandez would get decent ratings there but Mascherano was awful. I then swapped and Mascherano got really good ratings on the left and Mati Fernandez got decent ratings on the right - although none seemed to shine massively compared to the wingers.

Does it matter that much as to where the cms play - I always thought that the one with the arrow going back would be the defensive and the arrow going up attacking, I'm just clueless as to how to get these two world class midfielders playing well?

Its only a shell 442 tactic at moment but without using the odd MC settings.

Rebel

The mC position works either way they just have different roles. I would probably use Fernandez at AML.

Knap your tactics for 9.01 helped me to almost win EPL in season 1 with Everton (just needed to beat West Brom & Portsmouth in last 2 games to win League - but didn't manage it and ended up 4th)

Have just run a test season for Season 2 with youre 9.02 101pts tactic with no new signings. Home was amazing W17 D2 L0. not so great Away from Home with just 23 points from 19 games, but still finished 3rd. Another fantastic tactic mate thanks very much. I'm gonna work on an Away tweak and give that a go.

Big H

Just try ticking counter attack for away. Pompey also suggests OI to TM ST.

The other tweak for away is to change X to deep for FBs Mix for Wingers.

Hi Knap.

Do you the one your trying with available to download?

I'm interested in starting a new game tonight if you wish to have someone to try it for you.

Hope to hear soon mate.

Mike

I'm finding this 9.2 patch just random in nature and results, so no new tactic at this stage.

David

Good to see it works outside UK and no reason to not work in lower league.

Archived