Knap FM09 Patch 9.3 Tactics

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am still trying different ideas for corner set ups.

Be careful of lurk as this pulls a CB out of box at times and is a bug.

I've also conceded 2 goals in a match to long throws - no idea how to change defending and just allows the AI soft goals.

I also use a 5 man wall to try to stop direct free kicks. If it changes to 3 and the AI score its another soft goal.

Fillefront version of main tactic

http://www.filefront.com/15270841/%21%21%21%21%21%21%21%214-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17MCDP59CORNP97F78T%20%28Tottenham%2C%20Sep%202009%29.tac

Hi Knap, I'm using this tactic with Yeovil Town in D1. Any advice? Also any ideas as to what sorts of players I should buy to fit the tactic?

tryan

Formation and players types used are on FM10 Tactics thread.

In Lower League I try to buy players that are quality for at least the Division above. Player types are I would say traditional with a MC/AM and MC/DM in middle of Park (hard workibg) and TM fast striker combo up front. I prefer more wingback FBs but never had a problem with a DL/R. Wingers I prefer the more subtle types, and Modric and Bentley play well but also a pacey winger like Lennon.

tryan

Formation and players types used are on FM10 Tactics thread.

In Lower League I try to buy players that are quality for at least the Division above. Player types are I would say traditional with a MC/AM and MC/DM in middle of Park (hard workibg) and TM fast striker combo up front. I prefer more wingback FBs but never had a problem with a DL/R. Wingers I prefer the more subtle types, and Modric and Bentley play well but also a pacey winger like Lennon.

Wheres the link for tactics thread?

I am still trying different ideas for corner set ups.

Be careful of lurk as this pulls a CB out of box at times and is a bug.

I've also conceded 2 goals in a match to long throws - no idea how to change defending and just allows the AI soft goals.

I also use a 5 man wall to try to stop direct free kicks. If it changes to 3 and the AI score its another soft goal.

Fillefront version of main tactic

http://www.filefront.com/15270841/%21%21%21%21%21%21%21%214-4-2BASEP57F47A17WALL10.2P97F83A17MCDP59CORNP97F78T%20%28Tottenham%2C%20Sep%202009%29.tac

Im aberdeen and just used this tactic away to Genoa and drew 0-0! Are there are tweaks you recccomend for hard away games/home games (rangers and celtic)?

Probably just below this one.

Usually TM type on Right fast on left but you can mix it up and I do if not having any luck in front of goal. Sometimes you do not get a choice as I've had Keane injured (hip) so rotating Defoe Crouch and Pav atm.

Probably just below this one.

Usually TM type on Right fast on left but you can mix it up and I do if not having any luck in front of goal. Sometimes you do not get a choice as I've had Keane injured (hip) so rotating Defoe Crouch and Pav atm.

Yeah found it now! Going use the new 1 with deep lying forward on the right

• 1 month later...

Knap,

Sorry to dredge this thread back up, but I was wondering if you still had the Down to 10 tactic? The old link seems to be pointing to a page saying the file is unavailable. I've been using your 108 points tactic with some good success in the Blue Square North. It's still early, but so far so good. I had read through your thread previously and you mentioned using the Down to 10 as a way to shut up shop rather than the SUS tactic. Still find that to be true even with the 108 tactic? Thanks again for all your work and input. And any tips or suggestions you may have are always appreciated.

Thanks Knap. I'm sure there will be more than a few games where this will come in handy when I'm desperate to close the game out in the final minutes. And again, thank you for all of the tactics and explanations in this thread. It's definitely helped this wannabe manager.

Archived