Touch not updated to 20.2.0 update

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it doesn't matter if you believe competition for FM would make any difference or not, or if you think developers don't do their best.

Personally I cannot believe that any of the devs is deliberately doing easy because "FM has no competition", I work for over 10 years in IT as programmer and do it with a lot of passion, those guys at FM won't be any different, and they can even work on two of their passions: Coding and football. Offcourse everyone's entitled to believe otherwise, and there's nothing wrong in expressing that opinion as well, so pointless to judge what people can think or say and wether it's insulting or not, not everyone should share the same opinion or decide what directly or indirectly is an insult.

That said, I do believe that competition would make difference for FM, but not in the team working harder or better, but different accents or different choices would be made (some for the better, more investments maybe, a larger team, ... but it can be for the worse as well, more marketing budget, more eye candy, less content, so people choose your game over the competitions game)

My main issue with FMT is, that it now seems it's an "easy way" for SI to sell extra copies (yes extra, I believe not everyone who buys FMT would by full fat if FMT didn't exist). I don't say that's what they want it to be, but it's what they make the community/FMT players believe now.

It's not that I believe as an FMT player you should be considered as important as a full fat FM player, because Full fat is still the core business for SI and is still their flagship... all respect to that.
But the difference in how FMT vs FM is being treated from SI towards the communtiy, in communication, feedback, transparency is very large.

More concrete I talk about active feedback from SI members in topics in the touch forum, whenever someone from SI is here people jump in because it's a very very rare thing. Or they answer the easy topics where they should just point people towards the technical forums, but leave the other questions unanswered, which causes frustrations because you know "they've seen it". But also the feeling that they don't try to improve FMT a lot or limit the resources to work on them, there were apparantly no resources for more than 1 skin now... a lot of QoL improvements made in full fat have "touch" written all over it but are not implemented in touch...

To me it is: FMT is the game for me, it fits my life so much more than FM, I love it, but everything said above makes me doubt every year if I shouldn't switch to full fat.... 

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

51 minutes ago, Samelders said:

Please give me the fagging update before friday 6pm already!!

I'd settle for Christmas eve at this point. I tried to start a save this afternoon, but gave up after being awarded 7 penalties during three pre season games. People are still asking the FM account on twitter for a rough estimate of when the update will be available, and they're being ignored 

14 minutes ago, collindinho said:

My Touch just updated to 20.2.1 upon loading the game up now...

EDIT: Viewing national squads (U19's etc.) has been fixed, as has viewing the B team/reserves.

That update has been available for weeks, 21st November I think. Never mind, my mistake 

Edited by SaintPaul

Just loaded up the demo. The players' Nationalities/Place of Birth box has been restored. The Player Traits are viewable in the players' Development tab for one's own players, and in the players' Information tab for players from other teams. So these two particular issues appear to have been addressed.

15 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks for your patience in waiting for this update to arrive.

As Miles stated in his tweets, getting updates out for FM Touch tends to be trickier than FM for a number of reasons. It is across more platforms so there is a higher chance of platform-specific issues, certain platforms have to go through a submission process which can take time and we need to keep all platforms in sync in order for Cross-Sync to work.

I can promise you that the team here has been working extremely hard to get this update out as soon as possible and it is very much not a case of FM Touch being neglected or less important.

It was a very tense time 😉 but a lot of good fixes, even more than expected. Thank you for your efforts and the explanation 🙏🏼

Lets hope everything works now!

• SI Staff
22 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Nervermind, already saw that some changes need a new save. :thup:

There shouldn't be too many which need a new save, but the newgen managers issue is one which will do.

1 hour ago, Alex Pitt said:

There shouldn't be too many which need a new save, but the newgen managers issue is one which will do.

Thanks for all the hard work that's gone into the update 👍

In terms of the newgen managers, if I carry on my save will they eventually be phased out or are they established in the game now?

• SI Staff

They were generated at the start of new games, so they'll only be "phased out" when they start to retire which will obviously be quite a long time into a save. 

What was happening was we were still extracting staff from the main FM database who had roles we don't include in FMT (e.g. Data Analyst, Head of Player Development). They were then getting re-classified to the most suitable available role in FMT which was usually Manager, and since many of them had high ability in the database they were coming out with really good attributes.

4 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

They were generated at the start of new games, so they'll only be "phased out" when they start to retire which will obviously be quite a long time into a save. 

What was happening was we were still extracting staff from the main FM database who had roles we don't include in FMT (e.g. Data Analyst, Head of Player Development). They were then getting re-classified to the most suitable available role in FMT which was usually Manager, and since many of them had high ability in the database they were coming out with really good attributes.

As with most quirks or non-gamebreaking bugs in the game, I just build these things into the narrative of my save, so it's all good. 

25 minutes ago, Alex Pitt said:

Thanks for the update! I just ran a test save and there were no regen managers.

Time to play FM Touch! :D

10 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Interesting to hear! I was really surprised this bug made it to the FMT game. Was the game braker for me in my longterm save 😔 Now up for a new one. Thank you SI🙏🏼

23 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The game starts in June/July when Pochettino was still there. 

Ah so it will change in November? And we wont be getting the January transfer update from SI this year then?? Since all games start in June/July? 🙈🙈

Edited by gazza8

2 hours ago, gazza8 said:

Ah so it will change in November? 

No, because by November (in game), it will be your gameworld, not real life. 

I don't know why people get so worked up about this, yet are absolutely fine with themselves being manager of a top club :lol:

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

No, because by November (in game), it will be your gameworld, not real life. 

I don't know why people get so worked up about this, yet are absolutely fine with themselves being manager of a top club :lol:

So there will be no January transfer update released by si? Since the game starts in june/july?

People just want to play an uo to date game and be treated the same as players of the full version

9 hours ago, gazza8 said:

So there will be no January transfer update released by si? Since the game starts in june/july?

People just want to play an uo to date game and be treated the same as players of the full version

That's why we need the editor!

10 hours ago, gazza8 said:

There will be, usually out in March time. Jose will start as manager at start of new games then. SI only do 1 database update a year.