FM20: Liverpool - Champions of Europe

Siven

On 22/01/2020 at 02:11, gmulv said:

For all of you who are managing to get your strikers to score, how are you doing it?

im happy with the overall performance and goals but none of them are coming from my striker. I have Kane and Haaland rotating as the lone striker, I’ve tried them in every role but just can’t get them to score??

im reluctant to change my tactic as overall it’s performing very well just not my strikers!!

any thoughts?

Post your tactic and people might provide some feedback. 

It's not just about the role of the striker.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps it's less active now because Liverpool start with dominant team and people want more challenging saves where they built the team.

I still enjoy playing with Liverpool anyway. I started a new save with the update and even though I always start with first transfer widow disabled, apparently now SI have allowed loans in the first window. So I made a loan offer for Rayan Air-Nouri with mandatory 10m euros fee for purchase at the end of the loan. And it worked. So I got a backup LB for Robertson who can develop. 

How have you managed the first months without Alisson? 
I’m just about to start the season with community shield against City and I now have Lonergan, Adrian and Alisson injured. Lonergan 7-10 weeks and Adrian 3-5 weeks. 
Glad to retire after 1 month at the post...

1 hour ago, RLC said:

How have you managed the first months without Alisson? 
I’m just about to start the season with community shield against City and I now have Lonergan, Adrian and Alisson injured. Lonergan 7-10 weeks and Adrian 3-5 weeks. 
Glad to retire after 1 month at the post...

Im getting injuries all over the place atm after updating to latest patch :eek:

5 hours ago, jmc1980 said:

Im getting injuries all over the place atm after updating to latest patch :eek:

Yeah same here, but I usually delegate team training to Pep Lijenders so maybe I have to take control more to minimise injuries

Edit: 5 days later and now I’ve lost Trent for 4 weeks and Salah for 6 weeks. 

Edited by RLC

TEN YEARS ON

Now in 2029 its time to what happened to the squad.

Overall Best eleven

O6YF0JM.jpg

Where have the original squad ended up?

SIRQyzK.jpg

It is a shame that all the ex-players who went into coaching had such awful coaching stats I could not bring them back.

2 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

TEN YEARS ON

Now in 2029 its time to what happened to the squad.

Overall Best eleven

O6YF0JM.jpg

Where have the original squad ended up?

SIRQyzK.jpg

It is a shame that all the ex-players who went into coaching had such awful coaching stats I could not bring them back.

omg, Haalands goal return...........that is simply outstanding!! Mbappe is pretty good too.

I spent ages trying to get my striker scoring but finally managed to get Haaland and Harry Kane (bought him for 80m as he requested a transfer at spurs) scoring regulary.  Anyone had any issues with Fabinho? Madrid made a low bid and unsettled him and he put in a request to leave.  I was not worried at first, but try as I might I could not resolve this and after 2 years of trying I eventually sold him, not to RM but to Chelsea of all clubs as they offered me 100m all up front so I took it.  Shame as he was quite good for me.

However I smile every time I see the league table as Chelsea are currently languishing in 14th with 8 games left in the season with no chance of qualifying or winning a thing!!

Interestingly I am currently 71 (yes 71) games unbeaten in the league and counting.  This is far and above the best I have ever done in this game......

Still not managed to win the Champions League yet though but I'm only about to finish my 3rd season.  Athletico Madrid are my boegy team and have knocked me out every year so far.....

I'm still in the 1st season on the 20.3 January transfers update database. Going into a tough away match at Man City who are 2 points ahead of me at the top of the table. And this is what happened. 

466161320_matchvscity.thumb.png.7a6d83b667beab10e7b1b1abdfd0c274.png

1316677042_liverpooltactic.thumb.png.4edd9c8cecfaa3c995d2ebaede88d4ea.png

This is the tactic I'm using. So far Firmino has 25 goals, Salah and Mane each have 24 goals. Sometimes Salah and Mane swap roles. Chamberlain has contributed with 10 goals. 

On 03/03/2020 at 16:49, salkster2102 said:

What is Minamino like? Always struggled to get Firmino scoring on every FM no matter what role I try. Does he fit better in a tika taka tactic?

He was excellent for me. Scored crucial goals in big games including a couple in back to back Champions League finals. Ended up rejecting a bid for him from a Chinese club and he got all pissy, so said I'd accept if they came back in and got £40m for him. He's been missed this season.

While I'm here, will share this. I'm in the 21/22 season. So far I've won the league each season, the CL each season, the FA cup each season, the Super cup each season, the CWC twice and the Carabao cup once. It's been, pretty successful. Nothing revelutionary. Bought Jose Gaya as a LB first season and essentially been scouting and buying wonderkids for the future. The only other significant first team signing was Camavinga for £65m odd after I'd got around £35m for Gruijic. That was this year.

Anyway.. The season has started pretty well. Despite the shitshow that is the summer CWC, and my best efforts to get knocked out so as to not kill my entire first team squad - I ended up winning it. Seriously, it felt like I'm on cheat mode. Quarter final vs Juve and I play the highest conditioned players (we're talking 80% at a max and that's one or two) and set up a one off tactic that is completely focussed on reducing the intensity as much as possible. Ultra defensive, ultra time wasting, all that good stuff. Naturally I'm 3-0 up inside about 15 minutes. Mental. By the end of the tournament people have recovered and I knock Barca and Real out.

It actually turns out this is a pretty good pre-season, if you can completely fluke no injuries. I start the season on FIRE. The team has scored a nice amount of goals over my time at the club but it's fair to say our successes have been built on the brilliant defence. The dual colossi of Alisson and Van Dijk are as much a factor in this in the game as in real life. So... 16 games played in the league - 49 goals scored. I've won ten on the bounce. Only one bad draw when I was rotating and giving the likes of Elliott, Jones and Brewster a full 90.

The Champions League campaign though. What a joke. Group drawn and I get Barcelona, Brugge and RB Salzburg. The campaign starts with a 2-2 draw at home to Barca, respectable considering we were 1-0 and 2-1 down after some Messi magic and a 2nd goal I've forgotten. No biggie. I go the Brugge. Slightly more concerningly, here we draw. 0-0. I have 21 shots to their 2, 12 on target. Not good. Played two, drawn two. Still we have RB away next. We lose 2-0. Naturally this happens whilst registering 18 shots, 8 on target, to their 3 for 3. This team has pretty much always delivered for me in big games. I'm 9/9 vs City in competitive matches (a couple of penalty shootouts included). I'm worried, but we still have it in our hands if we win out from here. We start well by battering RB 5-0 at home shots are 26/14 for me, they do their 3/3 again but no robbing us here, my confidence grows.. A fully rested team delivers a brilliant 2-0 win away to Barcelona (shots 18/10 for me,  9/5 for them) and we go into the final game at home to Brugges requiring a win to top the group. Less than that required Barcelona to drop points away at RB. Yeah, we need the win. A fully rested team starts. We batter them. Absolutely, and convincingly batter them. It finishes 0-0. We go out of the Champions League.

We batter them, not sure if I've made that clear. 

38 Shots. Thirty. Eight. 19 of those are on target. NINETEEN shots on target. They register exactly zero attempts on goal. I'm watching this in extended highlights, these aren't all ****** long range shots - these are good chances. Mignolet (the utter bellend, couldn't do this in real life could you d*ckhead, has the game of his life, real or computer generated. The game reckons he's performed at about a 7.2 out of 10.

Honestly, this is laughable. This isn't a team of crap strikers. This is three forwards who netted >60 goals in the last season. This is a side that's scored 49 in 16 in league games. Over the course of three games - the 2 Brugges and the RB away they've had 78 shots, 39 of which - exactly half - are on target. Zero goals. 

I've been really enjoying my time with game. Away from the Match Engine it's brilliant. The engine itself has some issues (doesn't it always) but the ranting and raving over on the feedback thread doesn't stand up to my experience. This though, the nonsense of a team scoring for FUN domestically, having three nightmares infront of goal whilst fielding what the game says are three elite forwards, is a bit of a pisstake. And then they give the keeper who makes 19 saves in a must not lose game a 7.2/10. Honestly. I'll probably get sacked for this ****.

daylight.jpg

Edited by wige

Hello anyone still playing with liverpool?ı started one last nıght but found gegenpress is less effective ı dont know why ı try my own tactics but not totally sold on about ıt

On 11/03/2020 at 08:25, wige said:

He was excellent for me. Scored crucial goals in big games including a couple in back to back Champions League finals. Ended up rejecting a bid for him from a Chinese club and he got all pissy, so said I'd accept if they came back in and got £40m for him. He's been missed this season.

While I'm here, will share this. I'm in the 21/22 season. So far I've won the league each season, the CL each season, the FA cup each season, the Super cup each season, the CWC twice and the Carabao cup once. It's been, pretty successful. Nothing revelutionary. Bought Jose Gaya as a LB first season and essentially been scouting and buying wonderkids for the future. The only other significant first team signing was Camavinga for £65m odd after I'd got around £35m for Gruijic. That was this year.

Anyway.. The season has started pretty well. Despite the shitshow that is the summer CWC, and my best efforts to get knocked out so as to not kill my entire first team squad - I ended up winning it. Seriously, it felt like I'm on cheat mode. Quarter final vs Juve and I play the highest conditioned players (we're talking 80% at a max and that's one or two) and set up a one off tactic that is completely focussed on reducing the intensity as much as possible. Ultra defensive, ultra time wasting, all that good stuff. Naturally I'm 3-0 up inside about 15 minutes. Mental. By the end of the tournament people have recovered and I knock Barca and Real out.

It actually turns out this is a pretty good pre-season, if you can completely fluke no injuries. I start the season on FIRE. The team has scored a nice amount of goals over my time at the club but it's fair to say our successes have been built on the brilliant defence. The dual colossi of Alisson and Van Dijk are as much a factor in this in the game as in real life. So... 16 games played in the league - 49 goals scored. I've won ten on the bounce. Only one bad draw when I was rotating and giving the likes of Elliott, Jones and Brewster a full 90.

The Champions League campaign though. What a joke. Group drawn and I get Barcelona, Brugge and RB Salzburg. The campaign starts with a 2-2 draw at home to Barca, respectable considering we were 1-0 and 2-1 down after some Messi magic and a 2nd goal I've forgotten. No biggie. I go the Brugge. Slightly more concerningly, here we draw. 0-0. I have 21 shots to their 2, 12 on target. Not good. Played two, drawn two. Still we have RB away next. We lose 2-0. Naturally this happens whilst registering 18 shots, 8 on target, to their 3 for 3. This team has pretty much always delivered for me in big games. I'm 9/9 vs City in competitive matches (a couple of penalty shootouts included). I'm worried, but we still have it in our hands if we win out from here. We start well by battering RB 5-0 at home shots are 26/14 for me, they do their 3/3 again but no robbing us here, my confidence grows.. A fully rested team delivers a brilliant 2-0 win away to Barcelona (shots 18/10 for me,  9/5 for them) and we go into the final game at home to Brugges requiring a win to top the group. Less than that required Barcelona to drop points away at RB. Yeah, we need the win. A fully rested team starts. We batter them. Absolutely, and convincingly batter them. It finishes 0-0. We go out of the Champions League.

We batter them, not sure if I've made that clear. 

38 Shots. Thirty. Eight. 19 of those are on target. NINETEEN shots on target. They register exactly zero attempts on goal. I'm watching this in extended highlights, these aren't all ****** long range shots - these are good chances. Mignolet (the utter bellend, couldn't do this in real life could you d*ckhead, has the game of his life, real or computer generated. The game reckons he's performed at about a 7.2 out of 10.

Honestly, this is laughable. This isn't a team of crap strikers. This is three forwards who netted >60 goals in the last season. This is a side that's scored 49 in 16 in league games. Over the course of three games - the 2 Brugges and the RB away they've had 78 shots, 39 of which - exactly half - are on target. Zero goals. 

I've been really enjoying my time with game. Away from the Match Engine it's brilliant. The engine itself has some issues (doesn't it always) but the ranting and raving over on the feedback thread doesn't stand up to my experience. This though, the nonsense of a team scoring for FUN domestically, having three nightmares infront of goal whilst fielding what the game says are three elite forwards, is a bit of a pisstake. And then they give the keeper who makes 19 saves in a must not lose game a 7.2/10. Honestly. I'll probably get sacked for this ****.

daylight.jpg

Yeah it happens sometimes. The opposing team go full defence mode but the match engine shows your strikers missing chance after chance rather than being denied shooting opportunitys. If it helps my biggest win ever came against Brugge :P

PXUaoUq.jpg

I really should get round to starting a Liverpool save. Especially with the new update. 

Those of you who are actually a couple of seasons in, can I ask how a couple of players are looking? 

Lloris Karius, Harry Wilson, Herbie Kane, Ben Woodburn and Neco Williams. 

Cheers! 

On 13/03/2020 at 04:42, GR3NDAL said:

Guess who is my new AssMan?

TatclBB.jpg

Still using the same ttc with the DLP and B2B in the middle?

And no PI's?
I'm asking because I'm playing with Man Utd (sorry!), almost same ttc, but the results are nowhere near. :(

finally getting round to playing this years game. I had a great start to the season but it just isnt realistic so restarting. My front 3 had 7 goals between them coming into December whilst Henderson was on 12 alone, Gomez and Robertson approaching double figures. Anyone else have this problem of the strikeforce not scoring yet others are profilic?

Also what do you guys do with training, i've just left it to my assistant should I be more involved to help get my tactics working?

3 dakika önce, adamc81 said:

finally getting round to playing this years game. I had a great start to the season but it just isnt realistic so restarting. My front 3 had 7 goals between them coming into December whilst Henderson was on 12 alone, Gomez and Robertson approaching double figures. Anyone else have this problem of the strikeforce not scoring yet others are profilic?

Also what do you guys do with training, i've just left it to my assistant should I be more involved to help get my tactics working?

ı played a half season and firmino scored just 1 :eek: gegenpress 4141 ıs not workıng anymore maybe ı dont know ı play that  and doest work ıt used to be.ı wıll start a new save now

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

ı played a half season and firmino scored just 1 :eek: gegenpress 4141 ıs not workıng anymore maybe ı dont know ı play that  and doest work ıt used to be.ı wıll start a new save now

same fomatiion and approach as me, maybe tiki taka is the way to go, but im not really a fan of it as all the goals look very similar. 

I had the exact same problem with Firmino, i stuck Salah on penalties to try and get his numbers up but he missed 4 in row so its Milner or Fabinho for that.

18 dakika önce, adamc81 said:

same fomatiion and approach as me, maybe tiki taka is the way to go, but im not really a fan of it as all the goals look very similar. 

I had the exact same problem with Firmino, i stuck Salah on penalties to try and get his numbers up but he missed 4 in row so its Milner or Fabinho for that.

image.thumb.png.111bb38773faf54f98dd0da4d2e52823.pngimage.thumb.png.b6d5727f21c0c7d8f0ae639315f69fea.pngı start lıke this not keen on yet but tryıng to adjust.tiki taka looks good but ı dont know about ıt

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

image.thumb.png.111bb38773faf54f98dd0da4d2e52823.pngimage.thumb.png.b6d5727f21c0c7d8f0ae639315f69fea.pngı start lıke this not keen on yet but tryıng to adjust.tiki taka looks good but ı dont know about ıt

looks promising and getting good attacking ratings, let me know how it goes.

What i found weird with the gen gen press was when they came in Shaqiri & Origi were getting far more goals and assists than my main front men so it didn't really feel like too much was wrong the tactics. 

8 dakika önce, adamc81 said:

looks promising and getting good attacking ratings, let me know how it goes.

What i found weird with the gen gen press was when they came in Shaqiri & Origi were getting far more goals and assists than my main front men so it didn't really feel like too much was wrong the tactics. 

maybe other player tire opposition so shaq and origi  get the benefits :)

On 16/03/2020 at 01:15, PT-KK said:

Still using the same ttc with the DLP and B2B in the middle?

And no PI's?
I'm asking because I'm playing with Man Utd (sorry!), almost same ttc, but the results are nowhere near. :(

I tend to use a mezz instead of a B2B. One reason is it suits Bellingham another is I have not found a decent B2B :P

0ks78i7.jpg

Finally got a tactic sorted on how i wanted the team to play, rather frustratingly Firmino is my top scorer with 13 in 19 matches after never being to get him to perform on previous saves. His form coming just after spending £70mil on Martinez.  All of the attackers scoring so now not relying on Henderson thunderbolts.

Only conceded 3 goals going into January in the league. There's only been 2 matches Liverpool hasn't won and both were to Salzburg who i very much underestimated with squad rotation!

With Tottenhams terrible form im really trying to resist going for Kane as I dont need him, but im tempted to unsettle him over the next few months for a summer bid. 

table.png

Edited by adamc81

31 dakika önce, adamc81 said:

Finally got a tactic sorted on how i wanted the team to play, rather frustratingly Firmino is my top scorer with 13 in 19 matches after never being to get him to perform on previous saves. His form coming just after spending £70mil on Martinez.  All of the attackers scoring so now not relying on Henderson thunderbolts.

Only conceded 3 goals going into January in the league. There's only been 2 matches Liverpool hasn't won and both were to Salzburg who i very much underestimated with squad rotation!

With Tottenhams terrible form im really trying to resist going for Kane as I dont need him, but im tempted to unsettle him over the next few months for a summer bid. 

table.png

any tips on tactics then? :)

1 hour ago, dido53 said:

any tips on tactics then? :)

I have 3, all very similar. Start off with the first, if we go behind or aren't creating I go to the 2nd with the gen gen press. I've only used the 3rd once and that was a 3-0 away win at City where the counter attacking just destroyed them. I expect i'll use the 3rd in the away CL knockout ties. I always used to rotate a lot, every other game used to get 4/5 changes now its more like 1/2 and give them rests for the league cup and the odd CL games. Though Burnley did just beat my reserves on penalties in the league cup quarters. I used to do a lot of individual instructions too, especially to Trent, Mane and Salah and well it just isn't needed, their natural traits take over they don't need too many instructions, think i'll have to tinker with Mane though, he started off on fire but now gone off the boil...Anyways the tactics that have worked so far

tactic1.png

tactic2.png

tactic3.png

47 dakika önce, adamc81 said:

I have 3, all very similar. Start off with the first, if we go behind or aren't creating I go to the 2nd with the gen gen press. I've only used the 3rd once and that was a 3-0 away win at City where the counter attacking just destroyed them. I expect i'll use the 3rd in the away CL knockout ties. I always used to rotate a lot, every other game used to get 4/5 changes now its more like 1/2 and give them rests for the league cup and the odd CL games. Though Burnley did just beat my reserves on penalties in the league cup quarters. I used to do a lot of individual instructions too, especially to Trent, Mane and Salah and well it just isn't needed, their natural traits take over they don't need too many instructions, think i'll have to tinker with Mane though, he started off on fire but now gone off the boil...Anyways the tactics that have worked so far

tactic1.png

tactic2.png

tactic3.png

thanks mate

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

thanks mate

no probs, I dont think its anything revolutionary. I definitely want to create a new more original tactic in a couple of seasons when the current main stays have gone. To be honest, i got lucky with my early fixtures being very winnable. I didn't play any big team until my 10th game and by that stage all of my players were high in confidence and in form, once you get some momentum in this years FM it just seems to go on and on.  Im sure if I played the big teams early it would have been a bit different.

Ok, I'm finally biting the bullet and starting my Liverpool save. Couple of questions. 

Can Origi adequately cover Firmino or should I look at bringing in someone else? 

If I need to bring in someone else, who can do a job? 

How hard is it to shift Lovren, Lallana and Shaq? 

2 dakika önce, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, I'm finally biting the bullet and starting my Liverpool save. Couple of questions. 

Can Origi adequately cover Firmino or should I look at bringing in someone else? 

If I need to bring in someone else, who can do a job? 

How hard is it to shift Lovren, Lallana and Shaq? 

ın my first save firmino just scored 1 but in my second save he was really good also origi was really good to cover left forward and striker.Matip gets attraction more easily but lovren also gets some.Shaqiri played well for me arsenal come knockıng for matıp and shaq and sold them both to them

22 minutes ago, dido53 said:

ın my first save firmino just scored 1 but in my second save he was really good also origi was really good to cover left forward and striker.Matip gets attraction more easily but lovren also gets some.Shaqiri played well for me arsenal come knockıng for matıp and shaq and sold them both to them

I know how I want to play and I know who won't really get much gametime. I just don't know whether or not I can shift those who I won't use. 

I've just been putting off starting a save with Liverpool as I haven't played fm since FM17. 

2 hours ago, dido53 said:

Started a new save today goıng good just havıng hard tımes to score as much as we can mane started off very poorly firmino is not very bright either 

The biggest problem I have is getting the SC to score any. My goals usually come from my IF (Salah). 

Although, I'm not actually that far in. I spend way too much time sorting the backroom staff out and playing about with spreadsheets to analyse the players I have. 

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Although, I'm not actually that far in. I spend way too much time sorting the backroom staff out and playing about with spreadsheets to analyse the players I have. 

There's nothing wrong with that. Have a look at a lot of the guys streaming FM20 on twitch. They all spend ages on backroom stuffs :D

Has anyone managed to build a new stadium? I got Anfield expanded to 58,800 last season and sellout every game. I don't have an option to ask for further expansion, only a new stadium. But the board say no because they don't believe there is sufficient demand

On 22/01/2020 at 10:11, gmulv said:

For all of you who are managing to get your strikers to score, how are you doing it?

im happy with the overall performance and goals but none of them are coming from my striker. I have Kane and Haaland rotating as the lone striker, I’ve tried them in every role but just can’t get them to score??

im reluctant to change my tactic as overall it’s performing very well just not my strikers!!

any thoughts?

I change tactic every season to make it a bit more difficult, but just had a 442 season with Harland and Mbappe up front both as AF A and Haaland got 40 league goals in 29 games. Something like 57 from about 45 games in total.

Mbappe got about 40 in total.

11 hours ago, paddypower said:

Has anyone managed to build a new stadium? I got Anfield expanded to 58,800 last season and sellout every game. I don't have an option to ask for further expansion, only a new stadium. But the board say no because they don't believe there is sufficient demand

Same here, although I don’t really think I’d ever want to move in real life, so I’ve decided to stop asking 🙂