FM20: Liverpool - Champions of Europe

Siven

17 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

I suppose I could have bought him too. His estimated cost is 200m pounds but I went for buying  Sancho + De ligt + Haaland for about the same cost.

I tried to get Sancho too. He was transfer listed by Dortmund for 48m euros. Me and some other teams had bids accepted. But his agent asked for 300k weekly salary with other ridiculously high financial demands. No way I was gonna accept these demands for a player who wasn't going to be a starter for me ahead of Mane, Salah and Mbappe. I have Mane and Salah at 300k weekly salaries. Sancho is not at their level. At the end he went to PSG.....on 180k salary. 

De Ligt lacks the pace to play in my defense. I use a high D-line. Van Dijk and Gomez are great pair. Cuenca is solid option, plus left footed. I sold Matip but I can use Kana, Rice or Mykolenko there as 4th choice when needed. 

And Haaland is not my type of ST for the way I play. 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, yonko said:

I tried to get Sancho too. He was transfer listed by Dortmund for 48m euros. Me and some other teams had bids accepted. But his agent asked for 300k weekly salary with other ridiculously high financial demands. No way I was gonna accept these demands for a player who wasn't going to be a starter for me ahead of Mane, Salah and Mbappe. I have Mane and Salah at 300k weekly salaries. Sancho is not at their level. At the end he went to PSG.....on 180k salary. 

De Ligt lacks the pace to play in my defense. I use a high D-line. Van Dijk and Gomez are great pair. Cuenca is solid option, plus left footed. I sold Matip but I can use Kana, Rice or Mykolenko there as 4th choice when needed. 

And Haaland is not my type of ST for the way I play. 

In the role I play Sancho he is already better than Mane AML(inverted winger). I only bought De ligt because I lost Van Dijk to PSG. His pace is ok (13 atm) but he is still has room to improve. I pair him with Gomez or N'Dicka. My system seems to suit Haaland as he scored 60 goals in his first season...

SEASON 2 REVIEW

The league was won more easily this time, Despite losing 4 times we only had 1 draw so finished on 100 points. Man City had a much worse season only reaching 83 points.

Salah was once again the main goal creator but the top scorer by far was Haaland.

vGMyjx1.jpg

Main Summer transfers

In

Jadon Sancho

Out

Robert Firmino

Joel Matip

Can we all agree that, for all the hype it gets in real life, Liverpool's staff in game is a complete mess? Seriously, I can understand the whole first post. I don't know where to begin with it. So many secondary jobs. 

33 recruitment team members and the board want it cut to 25? I want better scouts than the ones I have but I can't get any in because of the amount I need to cut. 

13 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Can we all agree that, for all the hype it gets in real life, Liverpool's staff in game is a complete mess? Seriously, I can understand the whole first post. I don't know where to begin with it. So many secondary jobs. 

33 recruitment team members and the board want it cut to 25? I want better scouts than the ones I have but I can't get any in because of the amount I need to cut. 

Yes , your right I just mutually terminated a load of (pretty bad) scouts. And Klopp always takes his assman when he gets a new job!

1 hour ago, GR3NDAL said:

Yes , your right I just mutually terminated a load of (pretty bad) scouts. And Klopp always takes his assman when he gets a new job!

The problem is, you can't replace the bad scouts until you have less than 25 because that's what the board want. So, to get 5 new scouts in, you have to ditch 13. It's annoying. 

2 hours ago, A Double K said:

I get rid of everyone anyway and bring my own in as per usual. Had some people retire or become managers so I've only had to replace a few. 

But yep, we have so many scouts that it's quite annoying at the beginning and quite a few have bad stats for scouting.

Yeah, annoying because out scouting department is supposed to be very thorough and decent. Didn't they spend forever scouting and analysing Minamino? 

I really want to bring better quality in but I would have to get rid of more than I would like to. 

What frustrates me even more is the fact that, on an earlier save, when I was messing around getting to know the club in game (I missed FM18 and FM19), I was able to get the quantity upped to 25 by the board. I can't replicate that now. 

The scouting department size issue baffles me too. Surely if it's like that in real life, what makes the game arbitrarily decide that it's too big. Maybe by 1 or two, then okay ... but I had to get rid of 6 scouts just to be able to get rid of 1 and replace him with another.

I wrote an issue up here on the beta release feedback thread, they said they will investigate but nothing was changed, much to my disappointment.

One of the big issues I have with the game in general is the hard limits on staff numbers (where sensible, of course ... don't allow hiring of more than 1 u18s manager for example). I should be able to assemble whatever size of backroom staff I want, and if I go ridiculously too far the board can voice their dissatisfaction and have it affect their rating of me, but don't stop me from building the best backroom I possible can. I'm sure there is a way that it can be balanced in the game in the same way as we have transfer budgets but they can be adjusted.

Needless to say, I fired most of the scouts (anyone JA/JP of 15/15 or less) and all of the data analysts and replaced them with a far better team :D but yeah, to now have 7 less scouts than I had at the start really, really sucks.

Also, Minamino is distressingly average in FM, I was so impressed with him in the CL games against LFC, and I was over the moon when they signed him. But even if I wanted to sign him in the game, he wouldn't get a work permit unless I paid £18m ... so I wonder how that's worked out positively for him (and LFC) in the real world :D 

13 hours ago, theinfamousmielie said:

The scouting department size issue baffles me too. Surely if it's like that in real life, what makes the game arbitrarily decide that it's too big. Maybe by 1 or two, then okay ... but I had to get rid of 6 scouts just to be able to get rid of 1 and replace him with another.

I wrote an issue up here on the beta release feedback thread, they said they will investigate but nothing was changed, much to my disappointment.

One of the big issues I have with the game in general is the hard limits on staff numbers (where sensible, of course ... don't allow hiring of more than 1 u18s manager for example). I should be able to assemble whatever size of backroom staff I want, and if I go ridiculously too far the board can voice their dissatisfaction and have it affect their rating of me, but don't stop me from building the best backroom I possible can. I'm sure there is a way that it can be balanced in the game in the same way as we have transfer budgets but they can be adjusted.

Needless to say, I fired most of the scouts (anyone JA/JP of 15/15 or less) and all of the data analysts and replaced them with a far better team :D but yeah, to now have 7 less scouts than I had at the start really, really sucks.

Also, Minamino is distressingly average in FM, I was so impressed with him in the CL games against LFC, and I was over the moon when they signed him. But even if I wanted to sign him in the game, he wouldn't get a work permit unless I paid £18m ... so I wonder how that's worked out positively for him (and LFC) in the real world :D 

Exactly. If it is common knowledge that Liverpool have that many scouts, why cap it at 16 ingame?

Obviously, you only need one manager at each level but, as you said, you should be able to build the best backroom you can.

My other problem, especially with Liverpool, is secondary jobs. Example, data analysts. As half the staff double up as a data analyst, I can't bring more in because I'm over the 'cap'. 

I tried to get Minamino but he failed the work permit. That's annoying, especially when you can get him for 7.75m.

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Exactly. If it is common knowledge that Liverpool have that many scouts, why cap it at 16 ingame?

Obviously, you only need one manager at each level but, as you said, you should be able to build the best backroom you can.

My other problem, especially with Liverpool, is secondary jobs. Example, data analysts. As half the staff double up as a data analyst, I can't bring more in because I'm over the 'cap'. 

I tried to get Minamino but he failed the work permit. That's annoying, especially when you can get him for 7.75m.

The secondary job here isn't the issue - secondary jobs don't count towards the cap. LFC effectively have 7 dedicated analysts (excluding chief analyst) with a cap of 4. All of the analysts are mediocre at best, although it is hard to find amazing analysts for some reason. i fired all 7 and replaced them with better analysts with at least one 17+ rated in each of the 3 analyst skills.

1 hour ago, theinfamousmielie said:

The secondary job here isn't the issue - secondary jobs don't count towards the cap. LFC effectively have 7 dedicated analysts (excluding chief analyst) with a cap of 4. All of the analysts are mediocre at best, although it is hard to find amazing analysts for some reason. i fired all 7 and replaced them with better analysts with at least one 17+ rated in each of the 3 analyst skills.

So secondary jobs don't count towards the cap? I never knew that. Does having 2 jobs mean they are less effective in the primary role though? 

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

So secondary jobs don't count towards the cap? I never knew that. Does having 2 jobs mean they are less effective in the primary role though? 

No they don't. Try it for yourself - keep Krawietz (a data analyst as a secondary job) but fire all your other data analysts. You'll see that "one out of four" analyst spots are taken if you look at the numbers, but when you're actually hovering over the empty 'vacant staff' icons you'll still find that there are 4 data analyst spots available.

Also, I wasn't sure about the effectiveness thing, but I did an experiment and it does. Try it for yourself, put Krawietz as Possession Tactical coach, he's 3 stars for me. Then offer him a ludicrous contract that you obviously wouldn't in real life but so that he'll immediately accept, but remove the secondary role. When he accepts it, check his training ability ... it goes up to 4 stars for me. So I guess I've learnt something too :D I guess it makes sense, I just never thought about it like that!! It's good that there's a tradeoff for having the staff member not counting towards your 'cap' in that case.

1 hour ago, theinfamousmielie said:

No they don't. Try it for yourself - keep Krawietz (a data analyst as a secondary job) but fire all your other data analysts. You'll see that "one out of four" analyst spots are taken if you look at the numbers, but when you're actually hovering over the empty 'vacant staff' icons you'll still find that there are 4 data analyst spots available.

Also, I wasn't sure about the effectiveness thing, but I did an experiment and it does. Try it for yourself, put Krawietz as Possession Tactical coach, he's 3 stars for me. Then offer him a ludicrous contract that you obviously wouldn't in real life but so that he'll immediately accept, but remove the secondary role. When he accepts it, check his training ability ... it goes up to 4 stars for me. So I guess I've learnt something too :D I guess it makes sense, I just never thought about it like that!! It's good that there's a tradeoff for having the staff member not counting towards your 'cap' in that case.

I'm not sure how, but after terminating 3 scouts, I thought I'd push my luck and ask for more. The board upped the cap to 24!!

I'm actually pretty set for coaches. I even got the board to let me have more. I have the best in the league for almost everything training wise. 

I've also got Kuyt as u18 manager, Bergkamp as his assistant. The legend Stig Inge Bjornabye as u23 manager and its looking like Litmanen as his assistant. 

37 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm not sure how, but after terminating 3 scouts, I thought I'd push my luck and ask for more. The board upped the cap to 24!!

I'm actually pretty set for coaches. I even got the board to let me have more. I have the best in the league for almost everything training wise. 

I've also got Kuyt as u18 manager, Bergkamp as his assistant. The legend Stig Inge Bjornabye as u23 manager and its looking like Litmanen as his assistant. 

Holy crap, so I just asked for more scouts and coaches and now i can get 4 more scouts (from 16 to 20) and 2 more coaches. Also nabbed an extra physio slot. I figured since I'm still just started they wouldn't accept especially after asking me to drop the team size.... so thank you for mentioning your success ... very helpful!

So the question then is ... why the hell did I have to sack a whole bunch of staff at the beginning eh? Bizarre game logic.

Edited by theinfamousmielie

11 hours ago, theinfamousmielie said:

Holy crap, so I just asked for more scouts and coaches and now i can get 4 more scouts (from 16 to 20) and 2 more coaches. Also nabbed an extra physio slot. I figured since I'm still just started they wouldn't accept especially after asking me to drop the team size.... so thank you for mentioning your success ... very helpful!

So the question then is ... why the hell did I have to sack a whole bunch of staff at the beginning eh? Bizarre game logic.

That's what I don't understand. I've only played against the u23's and a friendly yet I can now get more coaches, physios, scouts. It's crazy. 

On 02/01/2020 at 22:03, EnigMattic1 said:

Why is Liverpool's staff a complete mess? I have produced the same people with the same first and secondary roles that Liverpool have in real life to the best knowledge available. If you believe these are incorrect, then can I suggest you post your suggested amendments, whilst adhering to the first post in the thread please, in the following forum...

10 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Why is Liverpool's staff a complete mess? I have produced the same people with the same first and secondary roles that Liverpool have in real life to the best knowledge available. If you believe these are incorrect, then can I suggest you post your suggested amendments, whilst adhering to the first post in the thread please, in the following forum...

I think that both of us don't feel that the data that exists is a mess - you've done a fine job - but that the game is behaving in a contradictory fashion to the data that exists.

I'm pretty sure it was clear in our comments above that we're talking about the weirdness of Liverpool starting with 22 scouts and 6 data analysts, yet the in-game board feels that it's too much. Why is it too much? That's how it is in reality, and they are European champions and league runners up as of the start of the season. I'm not sure why the game feels that 16 scouts and 4 analysts is the "correct" amount, forcing the player to massively decimate the scouting team just to replace already-hired scouts.

48 minutes ago, theinfamousmielie said:

I think that both of us don't feel that the data that exists is a mess - you've done a fine job - but that the game is behaving in a contradictory fashion to the data that exists.

I'm pretty sure it was clear in our comments above that we're talking about the weirdness of Liverpool starting with 22 scouts and 6 data analysts, yet the in-game board feels that it's too much. Why is it too much? That's how it is in reality, and they are European champions and league runners up as of the start of the season. I'm not sure why the game feels that 16 scouts and 4 analysts is the "correct" amount, forcing the player to massively decimate the scouting team just to replace already-hired scouts.

I agree that the in-game board dictating low staff numbers is odd. Maybe it was poorly written but I was responding to the reference of 'so many secondary jobs'.

On a separate note to all, I will soon be concluding the first draft of Liverpool winter data amends - so let me know of any changes that you'd like to be considered. Could you post it in here please...

1 hour ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

On a separate note to all, I will soon be concluding the first draft of Liverpool winter data amends - so let me know of any changes that you'd like to be considered. Could you post it in here please...

All the LFC players +5 in every stat :D even those with >15 ;) 

2 hours ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

Maybe the term 'complete mess' wasn't the right one to use. What I was referring to, was the fact that the board want 16 scouts and you have over 20. And, with roles such as data analyst and sports scientist being occupied by staff members in a 'secondary role' capacity, it just makes it somewhat difficult to navigate, for me at least. I have always been one for rebuilding the backroom staff upon starting a save and, this year in particular, I honestly didn't know where to start. 

Is this just data changes or are staff being added? 

Just now, EnigMattic1 said:

Is this just data changes or are staff being added? 

Both. For instance, Minamino and Hardy will be added. And increases to CA with relevant attribute boosts to certain players.

Both. For instance, Minamino and Hardy will be added. And increases to CA with relevant attribute boosts to certain players.

OK, just out of curiosity, where do you draw the line? For example, 

Dan Hargreaves - head of recruitment 14+ (head of academy scouting). There is 15yr olds in the game so, technically, could he be added? 

Yvie Ryan - Performance Coach

Dave Moss - Academy chief scout 

Greg Matheson - Head of opposition analysis (scout in game). 

Obviously, I have no problem adding this to the thread you posted, I just wanted some clarification before I do. 

23 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

OK, just out of curiosity, where do you draw the line? For example, 

Dan Hargreaves - head of recruitment 14+ (head of academy scouting). There is 15yr olds in the game so, technically, could he be added? 

Yvie Ryan - Performance Coach

Dave Moss - Academy chief scout 

Greg Matheson - Head of opposition analysis (scout in game). 

Obviously, I have no problem adding this to the thread you posted, I just wanted some clarification before I do. 

I'd say anything that you think is wrong or should be added definitely mention it. There maybe stuff I'm not aware of or missed and we can then discuss it.

Regards Hargreaves and Moss (plus Barrigan and Newberry too) I have them in the database but discussed this previously with SI and it was agreed not to include them in the game as they predominately look after under 16s/school kids.

Saw Yvie Ryan but her role is much more of a psychologist (ditto Lee Richardson too) - her title is a bit misleading and the role doesn't exist in the game unfortunately. Similarly I've tried to get Mona Nemmer in the game as a 'Sports Scientist' as Head of Nutrition doesn't exist in the game.

I have changed Mathieson to a Data Analyst already. 

17 minutes ago, diddydaddydoddy said:

I'd say anything that you think is wrong or should be added definitely mention it. There maybe stuff I'm not aware of or missed and we can then discuss it.

Regards Hargreaves and Moss (plus Barrigan and Newberry too) I have them in the database but discussed this previously with SI and it was agreed not to include them in the game as they predominately look after under 16s/school kids.

Saw Yvie Ryan but her role is much more of a psychologist (ditto Lee Richardson too) - her title is a bit misleading and the role doesn't exist in the game unfortunately. Similarly I've tried to get Mona Nemmer in the game as a 'Sports Scientist' as Head of Nutrition doesn't exist in the game.

I have changed Mathieson to a Data Analyst already. 

Yeah, I remember Moss, Newberry and Barrigan from previous games. It's weird when they have the title 'performance coach' yet they have very little to do with the physical side of things. 

@diddydaddydoddy

I'm going to assume you're not going to edit Minamino that much due to the research done previously however I do feel there are a couple of attributes I've looked at that could use bumping. I've seen this lad play quite a lot in the European competitions. 

Balance 10 is way too low from what I've seen, 14 would be more accurate. Just like Mane/Salah he is very difficult to get out of his stride with the ball.

I'd bump Stamina up a point too, played for a high intensity team like Salzburg on the right predominantly.

Composure at 9 is also way too low (!) Should be at 13 at least, he is better then average on the ball albeit not spectacular.

There are probably more but I'd rather see him play a little bit more for Liverpool before I comment but above 3 I feel are pretty vital to his profile. Not sure what his PA is but I would say nothing below 150 in my opinion but I'm sure you've already set it :D

@Justified I've bought Minamino and I agree I found his attributes underwhelming. I used the Editor in the end to get him more in line with our other squad players. To be fair though I've only seen him play twice and the RB Salzburg Researcher will have seen him far more often, so I will have trouble justifying any major changes unfortunately. However I've probably got over a month - poss 6-8 more games - to be better informed.

SEASON 3 Review

The only blip on the season was a 5-7 aggregate defeat to "Zebre" in the Champions League Quarter Finals.

Best Player was once again Mo Salah with Haaland top scorer.

Rhian Brewster , Ki-Jana Hoever and Harvey Elliot are all now first team regulars.

ll0s4Kc.jpg

End of season 2 and I’m happy to let go of either Mane or Salah whilst they hold some real value. I’d prefer to lose Mane as Salah is ridiculous. However, Barca are offering me £153m for Salah which is very tempting. I’d just rather it was Mane!

What shall I do??

1 hour ago, guruhd said:

End of season 2 and I’m happy to let go of either Mane or Salah whilst they hold some real value. I’d prefer to lose Mane as Salah is ridiculous. However, Barca are offering me £153m for Salah which is very tempting. I’d just rather it was Mane!

What shall I do??

What I do in these situations, is ask myself, ok 153m is a lot of money, BUT can I really upgrade on the player I'm selling? My philosophy is that if I'm selling a player (unless he is surplus) I need to be able to replace him with soemone better :)

G

Edited by gmulv

6 hours ago, salkster2102 said:

By that logic you are probably only looking at Mbappe being the only improvement. Not played him in game yet so i've no idea if that is true.

Exactly..... I personally would never sell Salah or Mane for that matter as finding someone better on the game will be nigh on impossible.  I would only sell them if they wanted to go and started causing issues at the club.  Of course that is just the way I work and the way I play the game......Others I guess will be very different in their approach.  All about personal preference and enjoyment......

I also consider age. If I can bring in a younger replacement the I more willing to sell. In my save Van Dijk really wanted to go to PSG so I brought in De Ligt as his replacement. He is obviously not as good but he will be in the future. I could probably let Mane go as I have Jadon Sancho but Salah would be impossible to replace. He has been far and away my best player for in the first 3 seasons (although Harvey Elliot is fighting for that  AMR position)

2 hours ago, MBJ96 said:

Could you post some screenshots with your tactic and Elliot, Hoever, Brewster and Bellingham?

UOeQ41o.jpg

GK: Alisson (SK)

DCs: Gomez (BPD) De Ligt (BPD)  backups N'Dicka/Kenneh

RWB: Alexander Arnold/Hoever

LWB: Ait-Nouri/Robertson

MC's: Henderson (BBM) Bellingham (DLP) backups Wijnaldum

AML: Sancho/Mane/Vignoto (IW)

AMR: Elliot (IW) / Salah (IF)

ST's : Haaland (PF) Brewster (F9) backups Salah/Silva

These are those players  as of October 2022..

ffk2aEi.jpg

Gtyf3r9.jpg

INk1J5Q.jpg

ZB6eAQh.jpg

Season 4 Review

An early exit in the Carabao cup was the only negative although this was mainly due to the tie clashing with international fixtures..

rwuOGat.jpg

CqLqKuv.jpg

The amazing Haaland scored 60+ goals for the third season running however I am sad to report that he like Van Dijk before him cannot resist the temptation of PSG. I tried to convince him to stay but nothing worked.

ZIsdpx2.jpg

On 08/01/2020 at 05:03, guruhd said:

What shall I do??

On 08/01/2020 at 06:13, gmulv said:

What I do in these situations, is ask myself, ok 153m is a lot of money, BUT can I really upgrade on the player I'm selling? My philosophy is that if I'm selling a player (unless he is surplus) I need to be able to replace him with soemone better :)

G

On 08/01/2020 at 08:25, salkster2102 said:

By that logic you are probably only looking at Mbappe being the only improvement. Not played him in game yet so i've no idea if that is true.

On 08/01/2020 at 14:40, gmulv said:

Exactly..... I personally would never sell Salah or Mane for that matter as finding someone better on the game will be nigh on impossible.  I would only sell them if they wanted to go and started causing issues at the club.  Of course that is just the way I work and the way I play the game......Others I guess will be very different in their approach.  All about personal preference and enjoyment......

Personally I would never sell Mane or Salah. It would be hard to replace them, especially Salah since there are not that many left footed AMR player of close CA/PA plus attributes.

Mbappe is the only one close to them and he's actually even better, plus younger. I have Mbappe on my Liverpool save. It's a scary trio to have him with Mane and Salah up front.

3 hours ago, yonko said:

Personally I would never sell Mane or Salah. It would be hard to replace them, especially Salah since there are not that many left footed AMR player of close CA/PA plus attributes.

Mbappe is the only one close to them and he's actually even better, plus younger. I have Mbappe on my Liverpool save. It's a scary trio to have him with Mane and Salah up front.

After PSG put in their 220 million pound bid for Haaland I decided  to bid for Mbappe as  a replacement. I signed Mbappe only for Haaland to reject PSG's contract offer. So now I am expermenting with having them play together up front. I still have Mane and Salah also. My issue is finding decent wingbacks. There doesn;t seem to be anyone who can come close to TAA.

So I won everything except UCL in my 1st season.

in comes milinkovic-Savic for 83m

tonali for 15.5

out goes a heap of deadwood from the reserved

also out wjanaldum and Shaqiri for a combined 120m

happy with the squad, then Harry Kane gets listed for 87m! Do I try to sign him and move bobby to another role or do I leave him due to his injury proneness?

19 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

After PSG put in their 220 million pound bid for Haaland I decided  to bid for Mbappe as  a replacement. I signed Mbappe only for Haaland to reject PSG's contract offer. So now I am expermenting with having them play together up front. I still have Mane and Salah also. My issue is finding decent wingbacks. There doesn;t seem to be anyone who can come close to TAA.

Mbappe scored 46 goals for me. Won EPL top scorer award with 28 goals and CL top scorer award with 10 goals. And he also made 16 assists. I play him as lone STC either as DLF-S or F9, depending if opposition uses DM or not. He's too much to handle for any team.

I agree TAA is amazing wingback and hard to replace too. I have Sergino Dest as his backup and he has done quite well when needed. I have Hoever on loan at Ajax and he has developed very well (similar to yours) so he might be the new backup to TAA. 

You don't have Ox anymore, correct? He does a decent job as wingback too. Maybe you can run a search for attributes you need and just retrain someone. 

On 16/01/2020 at 13:20, yonko said:

Mbappe scored 46 goals for me. Won EPL top scorer award with 28 goals and CL top scorer award with 10 goals. And he also made 16 assists. I play him as lone STC either as DLF-S or F9, depending if opposition uses DM or not. He's too much to handle for any team.

I agree TAA is amazing wingback and hard to replace too. I have Sergino Dest as his backup and he has done quite well when needed. I have Hoever on loan at Ajax and he has developed very well (similar to yours) so he might be the new backup to TAA. 

You don't have Ox anymore, correct? He does a decent job as wingback too. Maybe you can run a search for attributes you need and just retrain someone. 

At the moment i have Trent, Hoever and a newgen that I am training up at WBR

Robertson, Ait-Nouri and Chilwell at WBL but it my the weakest position  at the moment

16 hours ago, GR3NDAL said:

At the moment i have Trent, Hoever and a newgen that I am training up at WBR

Robertson, Ait-Nouri and Chilwell at WBL but it my the weakest position  at the moment

Pretty much same as me, except I don't have Ait-Nouri but rather Dest who can cover both flanks. I like versatile players. It also why a love having Marco Kana and Declan Rice who can play DC, DM and CM. Keeping Fabinho and Ox as well.

One thing I always notice with Liverpool is that they always buy Alex Grimaldo when I play as other clubs. They then rotate him and Robertson before phasing Robertson out.

On a sidenote, just checked Gini Wijnaldum's profile in my save and he's a supporter of both Arsenal and Man Utd?! (Barcelona & Real Madrid too, for that matter. Weird).

Edited by OkMarius

1 hour ago, OkMarius said:

One thing I always notice with Liverpool is that they always buy Alex Grimaldo when I play as other clubs. They then rotate him and Robertson before phasing Robertson out.

On a sidenote, just checked Gini Wijnaldum's profile in my save and he's a supporter of both Arsenal and Man Utd?! (Barcelona & Real Madrid too, for that matter. Weird).

I've noticed it's usually Grimaldo (Robertson ends up going out on loan in January) and Milik (plays 1 game and loses faith in manager) when I'm managing another team in England. 

I've also seen them buy Januzaj, Mertens and Eriksen in previous saves. 

For all of you who are managing to get your strikers to score, how are you doing it?

im happy with the overall performance and goals but none of them are coming from my striker. I have Kane and Haaland rotating as the lone striker, I’ve tried them in every role but just can’t get them to score??

im reluctant to change my tactic as overall it’s performing very well just not my strikers!!

any thoughts?