FM20: Life with Chelsea after the ban.

I normally start my yearly Chelsea save after Christmas but with me blitzing through a separate Youth Academy Challenge save quicker than anticipated i've already decided to start this up.

Currently into January first season and unbeaten in all competitions (23-7-0) but we've honestly not looked anything special. Joint top with City after 20 games on the same points and seven points ahead of United in third with a superior goal difference over everyone.

With the transfer ban in effect I thought it would be best to recall a few loans to strengthen the U23 and U18 sides but with quite a few consecutive injuries in the first team, some of those younger players have been featuring sporadically in the first team - Brown, Chalobah and Gilmour the main three to note.

The club vision of limiting players over the age of 30 has put a bit of a spanner in the works, especially for those whose contracts are expiring at the end of the season as the maximum length you can offer is to the end of the season. I guess the only saving grace from this is that Giroud and Pedro haven't performed when given the chance and although Willian is leading the scoring charts with 12 goals so far, I can't envisage him being first choice next season when we get to sign players. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Jogo Bonito said:

With the transfer ban are you able to do deals with a transfer date set in the future, either in the first summer or on pre-contract deals in the winter window?

No. Completely banned until the appeal in November. 

17 hours ago, Pancakes said:

I normally start my yearly Chelsea save after Christmas but with me blitzing through a separate Youth Academy Challenge save quicker than anticipated i've already decided to start this up.

Currently into January first season and unbeaten in all competitions (23-7-0) but we've honestly not looked anything special. Joint top with City after 20 games on the same points and seven points ahead of United in third with a superior goal difference over everyone.

With the transfer ban in effect I thought it would be best to recall a few loans to strengthen the U23 and U18 sides but with quite a few consecutive injuries in the first team, some of those younger players have been featuring sporadically in the first team - Brown, Chalobah and Gilmour the main three to note.

The club vision of limiting players over the age of 30 has put a bit of a spanner in the works, especially for those whose contracts are expiring at the end of the season as the maximum length you can offer is to the end of the season. I guess the only saving grace from this is that Giroud and Pedro haven't performed when given the chance and although Willian is leading the scoring charts with 12 goals so far, I can't envisage him being first choice next season when we get to sign players. 

You will get such a big transfer budget at the end of the season that you are better off releasing Willian, Giroud and Pedro to increase your wage budget and replace them with better younger players on lower wages.

7 hours ago, Robioto said:

You will get such a big transfer budget at the end of the season that you are better off releasing Willian, Giroud and Pedro to increase your wage budget and replace them with better younger players on lower wages.

Already having £150m before the end of the season is probably more than enough anyway along with the fact that Giroud and Pedro haven't been overly amazing. Would've still liked to have kept Willian but he's on his way to PSG in the summer.

Starting my first season at Chelsea and made big decisions too on Giroud, Pedro and Willian:

Giroud to Guangzhou Evergrande for 15.25M€

Pedro to Man. United for 35M€

Willian to Man. United for 26M€ but stay at the club in loan for the season.

I think this was the best I could do for players I don't want to keep. Squad will be short but I hope it will go well.

Ended up with a real mix-bag of a first season, but it was evident that the squad didn't have the required ability to be rotated well enough. 47 wins, 12 draws and 5 losses doesn't seem all too bad but we could only finish third in the league (25-10-3) behind City (12 points ahead) and Liverpool (2 points ahead). Thankfully the rest of the pack was 12+ points behind meaning that as we came to the end of the season with a couple of cup runs ongoing we could rotate a bit.

We ended up losing to City in the CL final which I am happy with, beat Liverpool in the Super Cup and Carabao Cup then beat Spurs in the FA Cup so had a treble of sorts.

The squad for next season has changed somewhat, with eight of the twenty-five being signed in this summer window. There's been an influx of youngsters as well so our total spend is £232m. Outbound we're £332m which includes Barkley to United (£60m), Christensen to Arsenal (£55m), Azpilicueta to Inter (£48.5m) and Batshuayi to Leicester (£26m).

GK: Kepa / Russo (free)

RB: James / Tomori

CB: Rudiger / Zouma

CB: Rugani (£17.5m) / Lascelles (£8m) / Ampadu

LB: Emerson / Marmol (£5.25m)

DM: Jorginho / Chalobah

CM: Kante / Kovacic

CM: Eriksen / Mount / RLC

AMR: Bernardeschi (£44m) / Pulisic

AML: Asensio (£43.5m) / CHO

ST: Chiesa (£52m) / Abraham / Leao (£17m)

There's been interest in Rudiger, Zouma, Kante and Abraham and so far i've been able to swat them away without too many concerns from the players. We'll have to wait and see how long that lasts.

Edited by Pancakes

On 24/11/2019 at 20:46, CR#7 said:

Working very well for me. I tweaked it of course but the base is gegenpress, also vertical tiki taka was decent

ill upload later my tactics & transfers

What are your tactics for this formation

2nd Season update.

Transfers in: 

January 2020  - Florentino Luis £67m, Erling Haaland - £30m, Zinho Vanheusden - £38m, Josef Martinez - £15m.

Summer 2020 - Mike Maignan - £8.5m, Cengiz Under - £26m, Federico Chiesa - £51m.

Transfers out:

January 2020 - Willian - £30m, Barkley - £38m, Nathan - £10m, Lamptey - £7.5m, Alonso - £32.5m.

Summer 2020 - Zappacosta - £24.5m, Morata - £47.5m, Batshuayi - £31m, Drinkwater - £6.75m, Miazga - £9m.

On 03/12/2019 at 19:41, bucket said:

2nd Season update.

Transfers in: 

January 2020  - Florentino Luis £67m, Erling Haaland - £30m, Zinho Vanheusden - £38m, Josef Martinez - £15m.

Summer 2020 - Mike Maignan - £8.5m, Cengiz Under - £26m, Federico Chiesa - £51m.

Transfers out:

January 2020 - Willian - £30m, Barkley - £38m, Nathan - £10m, Lamptey - £7.5m, Alonso - £32.5m.

Summer 2020 - Zappacosta - £24.5m, Morata - £47.5m, Batshuayi - £31m, Drinkwater - £6.75m, Miazga - £9m.

How is Martinez?

How long is the Chelsea ban till? Is it the full season?

Can't seem to even sign anybody for the future just now.

Will it be lifted in January or will I have to wait till summer time to buy players (or buy in advance for the summer)

19 minutes ago, hp17 said:

How long is the Chelsea ban till? Is it the full season?

Can't seem to even sign anybody for the future just now.

Will it be lifted in January or will I have to wait till summer time to buy players (or buy in advance for the summer)

My understanding is that it gets lifted on 1st Feb so you can arrange transfers for the summer after this date. Before that date, you can't bid on anyone.

18 minutes ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

My understanding is that it gets lifted on 1st Feb so you can arrange transfers for the summer after this date. Before that date, you can't bid on anyone.

I won my appeal in November, so was allowed to sign players in January. I’ve also read people that have had the appeal rejected and had to wait until summer. You can pre-sign players from 1st Feb I believe. 

42 minutes ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

How did you sell Lamptey for £7.5m? 

No idea, Palace came in for him. Asked for £10m, they came back with £7.5m. I think he has decent potential to be honest. 

26 minutes ago, Carefree_Since_1905 said:

Wowzer. I could get £400k + 30% future fee. Did you give him a new contract and a few run outs?

No he went out on loan for the first half of season. I’ll have a look tonight properly. But I was surprised too. 

Just started the third season, and now I have a great squad. 

GK: Kepa / Johnstone

RB: James / Hoever

CB: Dias / Ampadu

CB: Upamecano / Tomori

LB: Telles / Emerson

DM: Tonali / Jorginho

CM: Mount / Loftus-Cheek / Barkley

CM: Kovacic / Kanté

RW: Pulisic

LW: Sancho / Hudson-Odoi

SS: Havertz / Haaland / Abraham

I'm trying Havertz as deeplying attacker, because neither Haaland or Abraham have been great. So far it has worked out, but he will also play some games as RW. Mount is fantastic and so is James. Amazing to see my own talents become world class.

1 hour ago, MBJ96 said:

Just started the third season, and now I have a great squad. 

GK: Kepa / Johnstone

RB: James / Hoever

CB: Dias / Ampadu

CB: Upamecano / Tomori

LB: Telles / Emerson

DM: Tonali / Jorginho

CM: Mount / Loftus-Cheek / Barkley

CM: Kovacic / Kanté

LW: Sancho / Hudson-Odoi

SS: Havertz / Haaland / Abraham

I'm trying Havertz as deeplying attacker, because neither Haaland or Abraham have been great. So far it has worked out, but he will also play some games as RW. Mount is fantastic and so is James. Amazing to see my own talents become world class.

What position do you play Mount? I have him just behind Tammy and they have the green link up relationship. Also, Callum has turned it on BIG time. Finally becoming the player we thought he’d be. First season he was a bit iffy. 

On 05/12/2019 at 18:53, bucket said:

What position do you play Mount? I have him just behind Tammy and they have the green link up relationship. Also, Callum has turned it on BIG time. Finally becoming the player we thought he’d be. First season he was a bit iffy. 

Mount is playing as mezzala (attack). 

Hudson-Odoi has not evolved very much in my game. Thought he would be worldclass..

• 2 weeks later...

Who are your preferred starting 11?

When I first started, there are about 15 players with star player/important player/regular starter status. Obviously, we have 11 spots. So I had to cut that down a bit. My problem is Mason Mount came in due to injury and has played so well, I can't really justify dropping him for a "regular" starter.

Current Starting 11:

ST: Giroud (although Abraham is having more impact as of late)

AML: Pedro

AMR: Willian (although had poor performances and Pulisic is back from injury)

MCL: Kante

MCR: Kovacic / Mount

DM: Jorginho

DL: Emerson (Alonso injured)

CDL: Christensen

CDR: Tomori

DR: Azipilicueta

GK: Kepa

(Zouma, Ruediger, Callum Hudson, Reece James, M. Alonso, Ruben Loftus all injured)

Need to see how the injured wingers will do when they return but this seems to be a problem area. Both Pedro and Willian are getting old. Tomori by default has stepped in and played brilliantly. Midfield is very strong. Let's see how Abraham develops but this might also be an area of improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

1st season with Chels finished 3rd in the league, Liverpool finished 1st unbeaten. Much like real life they are unstoppable.

Semis of the CL

Runners up in FA Cup

Winners of Carabao Cup

Signed Moussa Dembele in January and agreed the free transfer of Regullion

Barkley, Alonso and Giroud were sold

Reece James is a bit of a naughty RB, top assister with 13, Willian was top scorer with 14, you can see where are struggles where

I have also started with Chelsea. I am Half season in the first season. 
In PL er are Second just 1 point behind Liverpool.

i haven’t sold any player as i Feel we ned the Whole squad for the first season. I planing to bring some players for the januar transferwindow.

sancho for the left wing.

Chiesa for right wing.

fernando Luis for the defensiv midfield.

ruben dias for the centre back.

and last i Will bring in haaland for the forward.

2 hours ago, dennislauridsen said:

I have also started with Chelsea. I am Half season in the first season. 
In PL er are Second just 1 point behind Liverpool.

i haven’t sold any player as i Feel we ned the Whole squad for the first season. I planing to bring some players for the januar transferwindow.

sancho for the left wing.

Chiesa for right wing.

fernando Luis for the defensiv midfield.

ruben dias for the centre back.

and last i Will bring in haaland for the forward.

Done all that except Dias as I bought Are back and is doing very well for me. Just finished 3rd season. Heartbreaking one!

Just finished first season.

Premier League: Second place
Champions League: Lost on penalties vs Barcelona in the first knock out round
FA Cup: Lost in quarterfinal vs Bournemouth
Carabao Cup: Won the final vs Arsenal

Preferred lineup:
RB: James
CB: Rüdiger
CB: Tomori
LB: Azpilicueta
DM: Kanté
CM: Kovacic
CM: Mount
LW: Hudson-Odoi
SS: Abraham

Mount was the best player. Had double figures overall. Abraham scored 27 goals in 54 games. Missed a lot of big chances, but scored some very important goals in the end. Both Pulisic and CHO did good. James and Abraham made the team of the season.

Now I’m going to buy some new players. On my list is: Backup goalkeeper, world class CB, a great left back, a world class winger, an attacker to compete with Abraham.

2 hours ago, MBJ96 said:

Just finished first season.

Premier League: Second place
Champions League: Lost on penalties vs Barcelona in the first knock out round
FA Cup: Lost in quarterfinal vs Bournemouth
Carabao Cup: Won the final vs Arsenal

Preferred lineup:
RB: James
CB: Rüdiger
LB: Azpilicueta
DM: Kanté
CM: Kovacic
CM: Mount
LW: Hudson-Odoi
SS: Abraham

Mount was the best player. Had double figures overall. Abraham scored 27 goals in 54 games. Missed a lot of big chances, but scored some very important goals in the end. Both Pulisic and CHO did good. James and Abraham made the team of the season.

Now I’m going to buy some new players. On my list is: Backup goalkeeper, world class CB, a great left back, a world class winger, an attacker to compete with Abraham.

Transfers in:
Erling Haaland (Salzburg)
Everton (Gremio)
Fabinho (Liverpool)
Alex Grimaldo (Benfica)
Milan Skriniar (Inter)
Nick Pope (Burnley)

Transfers out:
Andreas Christensen (Inter)
Cesar Azpilicueta (Inter)
Ross Barkley (Arsenal)
Mario Pasalic (Ajax)
Danny Drinkwater (Bournemouth)
Victor Moses (Lokomotiv Moskva)
Ethan Ampadu (Loaned to Feyenoord)
Michy Batshuayi (Loaned to West Ham)
Tiémoué Bakayoko (Loaned to Lazio)
Pedro (Free)
Willian (Free)
Olivier Giroud (Free)

Got everything I wanted and a bit more. Fabinho became available, when PSG was testing my desire to keep Kanté. Did not want to risk anything, so I bought Fabinho for about £60m. He will also be able to fill in at RB.

My team now:
Kepa, Pope
James
Rüdiger, Skriniar, Tomori, Zouma
Grimaldo, Emerson
Kanté, Fabinho 
Kovacic, Mount, Jorginho, Loftus-Cheek
Pulisic
Everton, Hudson-Odoi
Abraham, Haaland

Youngsters who could play:
Connor Gallagher
Billy Gilmour
Nick Schoop (Regen)

The first season is over and the transferwindow has just open to the new season. 

First season gave the PL title and CHL title. In januar i struggle to get decent players, so i bought kluivert, and loan Jordan ibe, not the best transfers but we need some with on the squad.

to the new season we have get some world class players. 

GK: Kepa

RB: James/Azpillicueta

CB: Dias/Tomori

CB: Rudiger/Ampadu

LB: Chilwel/Emerson

DM: Kante/Camavinga

CM: Kovacic/Jorgingo

CM: Harvartz/Mount

AMR: Chiesa/Sane

AML: Sancho/Pulisic

ST: Tammy/Haaland

i have also bought some Young regens.

I hope the Boys are ready to fight for the titles in the new season.

• 1 month later...

Just started my second season with Chelsea after moving from Lyon. I won the domestic treble with Lyon and losing in the champions league semi final against Paris. 

My team after this window: 

CB: Christiensen / Denayer 

CB: Rudiger / Ampadu 

RWB: Reece James / Azpi 

LWB: Jose Gaya / Palmeri 

BBM: Kante / Barkley 

DLP: Jorginho / Loftus-Cheek / Mount

IF : Leon Bailey / Pulisic 

IF: James Rodriguez / Hudson-Odoi 

DLF: Abraham / Edouard 

I had tried to sign Jarod Bowen from Lyon who I signed and literally exploded into such a good player. But had not luck, they wanted 54 million and it felt like a transfer for Leon Bailey at 88 would be better business, his stats were much better and felt he would team up with Abraham. 

Also confident that I can get Abraham to the same level I got Dembele too with. Dembele had 15 goals the season before and finished with me on 29. Abraham currently has 15 last season and I feel we can get him to the 25 mark. 

Edited by Oxley_Oxley11111

Currently in the 24/25 season. Roman has sold the club to a tycoon - not that I needed the money to be honest. But here is my current squad:

GK: Donnarumma. Arrizabalaga.

RB: James, Hakimi.

LB: L Pellegrini, Gerxhaliu (regen)

CB: Ake, Skriniar, Tomori, Vanheusden, Alexander (Regen)

CM: Mount, Bellingham, F Luis, Havertz, Wanderley (Regen), Tonali.

Wingers: Chiesa, Pulisic, Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Fati.

Strikers: Haaland, Mbappe, Abraham, Pinamonti. 

First ever time of spending serious money on someone like Mbappe in all my saves over the FM years. He's started off well and linking up with Haaland brilliantly.

Simply not had enough time to have a proper go at a game yet this year.

Should have a bit more time to play moving forward but do people think it's worth waiting for the final transfer update to be done over the next couple of weeks?

I'm just wondering if the update would include the Ziyech transfer now it's been confirmed tonight that a contract has been agreed and the deal sealed. I know it won't be set up to go through until the 2020/21 season but the fee Chelsea are paying for him looks like it could be as much a steal on the game as it does IRL.

• 2 weeks later...

yesterday ı start with chelsea lookıng good.I hope a long term save.Team is good with prospects.I agreed selling giroud his contract runnıng out so ı cash him out before getting nothıng he will gone ın january.mount is my man but performıng so poor abraham and odoi is not really good but better than hım.I wıll sell pedro too planing to keep willian as much as ı can ı sıgned extention.I m lookıng at youth ıntake hopıng to get some wonderkıds .First transfers ım thınkıng strıker and wingers

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started a Chelsea game on the new database.

Finished the first season and agonisingly lost the title on goal difference to Liverpool, despite amassing 98 points. Not really much more I could have done and I've found Liverpool to be pretty much ridiculous to go up against this season.

Played them 6 times and only beat them once at home a couple of games from the end of the season to take the title race to the final day. They beat me in the Super Cup Final, 3rd Round away in the Carabao Cup and the quarter finals of the Champions League. I also lost away to Man City in the third round of the FA Cup so had some pretty wretched draws in cup competitions and paid the price.

A silver lining however is that it has formed a base from which to build long term.

I played a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation with the Gegenpress tactical style. Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic both performed well in the wide roles and got stronger as the season progressed (Pulisic 14 goals in 38 starts, Hudson-Odoi 12 goals in 38 starts).

One other player that surprised me was Barkley who hit a rich vein of form in the Spring after I had almost given up on him. With Kante and Kovacic both out injured and Loftus-Cheek still not fit, I played Mount and Barkley both as Mezzala's in front of Jorginho and they both played really well. Barkley finished the season with 10 goals in 23 starts, and Mount recorded 6 goals and 11 assists.

I'm looking forward to Ziyech coming in who will replace Willian who wants a new challenge and therefore won't sign a new contract extension.

The only player I purchased in January was Werner for his £52m release clause and he suits the pressing forward role that I want him to play. He failed to hit the ground running but I'm hoping he'll be much improved next season competing with Abraham for that spot.

In January I sold Giroud to Lille for £6m, Lewis Baker to some South Korean team for £3.6m and Pedro to CSKA Moscow for £6.5m.

Not quite sure yet what I'll do in the transfer market this summer. I don't really have an alternative to Jorginho at the midfield base as Kovacic doesn't seem to perform there. I guess the obvious choice here would be to look at signing Tonali. 

I will probably look to also work on my defence with possibly a new left back and centre back if I can get good money for Alonso and Zouma who would likely be the casualties. I really like the potential of Upamecano at centre back long term to play alongside Tomori.

Any other suggestions though please let me know!

17 saat önce, essien_5 said:

Finally started a Chelsea game on the new database.

Finished the first season and agonisingly lost the title on goal difference to Liverpool, despite amassing 98 points. Not really much more I could have done and I've found Liverpool to be pretty much ridiculous to go up against this season.

Played them 6 times and only beat them once at home a couple of games from the end of the season to take the title race to the final day. They beat me in the Super Cup Final, 3rd Round away in the Carabao Cup and the quarter finals of the Champions League. I also lost away to Man City in the third round of the FA Cup so had some pretty wretched draws in cup competitions and paid the price.

A silver lining however is that it has formed a base from which to build long term.

I played a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide formation with the Gegenpress tactical style. Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic both performed well in the wide roles and got stronger as the season progressed (Pulisic 14 goals in 38 starts, Hudson-Odoi 12 goals in 38 starts).

One other player that surprised me was Barkley who hit a rich vein of form in the Spring after I had almost given up on him. With Kante and Kovacic both out injured and Loftus-Cheek still not fit, I played Mount and Barkley both as Mezzala's in front of Jorginho and they both played really well. Barkley finished the season with 10 goals in 23 starts, and Mount recorded 6 goals and 11 assists.

I'm looking forward to Ziyech coming in who will replace Willian who wants a new challenge and therefore won't sign a new contract extension.

The only player I purchased in January was Werner for his £52m release clause and he suits the pressing forward role that I want him to play. He failed to hit the ground running but I'm hoping he'll be much improved next season competing with Abraham for that spot.

In January I sold Giroud to Lille for £6m, Lewis Baker to some South Korean team for £3.6m and Pedro to CSKA Moscow for £6.5m.

Not quite sure yet what I'll do in the transfer market this summer. I don't really have an alternative to Jorginho at the midfield base as Kovacic doesn't seem to perform there. I guess the obvious choice here would be to look at signing Tonali. 

I will probably look to also work on my defence with possibly a new left back and centre back if I can get good money for Alonso and Zouma who would likely be the casualties. I really like the potential of Upamecano at centre back long term to play alongside Tomori.

Any other suggestions though please let me know!

Giroud is actually performs well in game .i think sane is a great addition.i wonder your tactic also

I generally try to tweak the team to suit the players rather than the other way around.

With the gegenpress style, I feel it's important to have a pressing forward which Tammy is suited at and also Werner who I purchased in January. As I mentioned I sold Giroud and will look to also sell Batshuayi as neither seem to suit this.

The full backs all seem to be fine with a simple full back and attack role. I've then usually tried rotating my defenders to have one ball playing (Tomori or Christensen) and one defending centre back (Rudiger or Zouma) although I've no issue with mixing and matching if I have to.

The defensive midfielder has always been a deep lying playmaker, mainly Jorginho but sometimes Kovacic. I've not tried Kante in that role. Jorginho I believe had the highest average rating through the season in my team so he definitely seems suited to this role.

The two midfielders in front I've used mainly the Mezzala role, usually one with support and one with attack which all Kovacic, Mount and Barkley (and Loftus-Cheek for this next season) suit. The only one that I change when he plays is Kante who I use as box to box instead.

The two wide players I started with two inside forwards but found into the season I had more joy using Hudson-Odoi as an inside forward on the left and Pulisic as a winger on the right with Willian and Mount in support. I may need to review this next season with Ziyech who will be more suited with an inside forward or inverted winger role on the right hand side.

İ started new save with Chelsea today.i play 4123

kepa 

Azpi(FB a)zouma(CD)christiensen(bp cover emerson(wb a)jorginho dlp defend sometimes regista kante B2B mount mezzela pulisic right wing support callum Hudson odoi(inverted winger support and tammy as pressing forward.pulisic willian Cho performs low and not stable.i gave willian and giroud öne year extention.i m second at the league behind Liverpool they havent loose any points for now.i m open to options about wingers im after chiesa and sancho but dont know if im able to sign them.unfortunately the youth intake looking poor so we need transfers.i sold Pedro and Van ginkel they are not playing.

Anybody else had an issue with triggering contract extensions?

I agreed a new deal with Willian with an option to extend for a further year to avoid losing him on a free but I have anyway because despite agreeing a new deal, I didn't have the option to exercise the deal. He agreed a deal with PSG so I sold him to them for £12.5m :(

I see Giroud also has this clause in his contract but again no option to exercise the clause.

6 hours ago, nexting said:

I agreed a new deal with Willian with an option to extend for a further year to avoid losing him on a free but I have anyway because despite agreeing a new deal, I didn't have the option to exercise the deal. He agreed a deal with PSG so I sold him to them for £12.5m :(

I see Giroud also has this clause in his contract but again no option to exercise the clause.

I've been able to trigger mine (for upto 3 years too) without any problems. Was it conditional (like plays a certain amount of league games etc) - if so, incase they didn't fulfill it, you can't trigger it.

On 01/04/2020 at 12:56, nexting said:

Nope, it was just a standard one year extension.

Same issue with Tomori...

20200401082434_1.thumb.jpg.eb338a5fe628252603c1bff6f93c9c1c.jpg

That will be available later into the contract. You're still in the second year of the new contract, you will get the option to extend maybe in 2021/2022. It won't be present immediately.

18 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Is the transfer ban still in effect post update? I want to try a Chelsea save at some point but I'd prefer to start one with the transfer ban

It is. You won't be able to sign any players until January 2020. 

On 31/03/2020 at 22:18, nexting said:

I did exactly the same with Willian, new contract on less money with 12 month extention and so far in January I cannot extend. Man Utd and PSG are interested which makes it even worse! I don't usually play top 6 teams, but with the ban, no Hazard and great youth prospects makes Chelsea this year a fun challenge.

So I'm in January, I've been top 4 all season but as you can see have scored very few goals (mean defense though). I've found Abraham to be ok at best and the RW/LWers don't score much at all. The standout player is probably Jorginho, he's a beast at CDM.

image.thumb.png.891d919c009bd08c5a873de621206ab2.png

Transfer wise:

image.thumb.png.830ad1c26fbf14522637a1a9aa2f952c.png

I think coming from playing lower down the leagues, I've found myself feeling very uneasy signing players. I signed Telles for £20m +£24 over 3 years, I'm sure I've overspent. Originally I agreed a deal for Grimaldo but he left to go to PSG. Alonso was terrible so I sold to Bejing who were willing to spend £35 million on him, Giroud didn't fit into my style (neither does Batshuyi *shrugs*) so he went out as well.

I signed a regen who comes in a years time, scouts went nuts for him. In the summer I think a huge overhaul is required, especially in the RW/LW positions. Has anyone got Callum Hudson-Odoi to play well? He's been a huge disapointment.

Been a while since I've played much FM, but the quarantine has given me the opportunity to start a Chelsea save.

Just finished the first season, finished in 2nd by a point off Liverpool (if we'd won our last game we'd have been champions but drew with darned Leicester), out of the CL in the quarters to eventual winners Barca, but beat United in the League Cup final and got revenge on Liverpool by beating them to win the FA cup. 

Bought in Chilwell in January to replace outgoing Emerson,  but otherwise the squad was basically the same from the start.

Tammy was great for me, 37 goals over all competitions, including 31 in the league, and has started the second season in the same form. Pulisic was the most disappointing, just didn't do anything from the AMR slot so is rotating with CHO at AML second season. CHO was good but not great, 12 goals was a decent return, would've liked a few more assists though.

Stand out performer however was easily Mason Mount. 15 goals and 23 assists across all competitions, won all the Young Player awards and the club's Player of the Year, just superb. 

Just starting the second season, first 11 only change is Ziyech coming in, but brought in a lot of backups and youngsters, will update after that season is done.