[FM20] Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur

RageMaster

728.png

Introduction

2019 has already been a big year for Tottenham. They moved into there new state of the art 62,214 capacity Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, they reached there first UEFA Champions League final where they finished Runners Up to Liverpool. Off the field they also have signed some players for the first time in 18 months. The foundations are now in place and even Mauricio Potchettino has said that the club needs to start a new chapter. Are you the man or woman to do this on FM20?

Facilities

* Training Ground - State of the Art

* Youth Facilities - State of the Art

* Data Analysis Facilities - State of the Art

* Junior Coaching - Good

* Junior Recruitment - Good

Board Expectations

Club-CUlture.jpg

5yearplan.jpg

The Squad

* I have kept the previous screenshots from the original starting DB in the spoiler for those who may wish to compare the stats after the 20.3 patch.

Spoiler

Goalkeepers:

#1 - Hugo Lloris (Captain)

#22 - Paulo Gazzaniga

#13 - Michel Vorm

#41 Alfie Whiteman

Defenders:

#3 - Danny Rose

#4 - Toby Alderweireld

#5 - Jan Vertonghen

#6 - Davinson Sanchez

#16 - Kyle Walker-Peters

#19 - Ryan Sessegnon

#21 - Juan Foyth

#24 - Serge Aurier

#33 - Ben Davies

#39 - Japhet Tanganga

Midfielders:

#8 - Harry Winks

#12 - Victor Wanyama

#15 - Eric Dier

#17 - Moussa Sissoko

#18 - Giovani Lo Celso

#20 - Dele Alli

#23 - Christian Eriksen

#28 - Tanguy N'Dombele

#29 - Oliver Skipp

Forwards:

#7 - Heung-Min Son

#10 - Harry Kane (Vice Captain)

#11 - Erik Lamela

#27 - Lucas Moura

#52 - Troy Parrott

#TBC - Jack Clarke - Out on Loan

Goalkeepers:

#1 - Hugo Lloris (Captain)

#22 - Paulo Gazzaniga

#13 - Michel Vorm

#41 Alfie Whiteman

Defenders:

#4 - Toby Alderweireld

#5 - Jan Vertonghen

#6 - Davinson Sanchez

#19 - Ryan Sessegnon

#21 - Juan Foyth

#24 - Serge Aurier

#33 - Ben Davies

#39 - Japhet Tanganga

Midfielders:

#8 - Harry Winks

#12 - Victor Wanyama

#15 - Eric Dier

#17 - Moussa Sissoko

#18 - Giovani Lo Celso

#20 - Dele Alli

#30 - Gedson Fernandes

#28 - Tanguy N'Dombele

#29 - Oliver Skipp

Forwards:

#7 - Heung-Min Son

#10 - Harry Kane (Vice Captain)

#11 - Erik Lamela

#23 - Steven Bergwijn

#27 - Lucas Moura

#52 - Troy Parrott

#TBC - Jack Clarke - Out on Loan

Squad Notes:

Jan Vertonghen's contract expires at the end of the first season, so you will need to decide on keeping him or to sell him. There is a severe lack of depth in a few positions, most notably Right Back and Striker.  Sessegnon's defensive stats are not great to use him at Left Back so you may need some cover here. You can make Gedson Fernandes Loan permanent for £56m.

Danny Rose, Kyle Walker-Peters head up a list of players currently out on loan during the first season. None of them are really good enough long term so I would advise selling them upon there return.

There are some good young players with decent potential in the squad with the likes of Sessegnon (19), Sanchez (23), Foyth (21), Winks (23), N'Dombele (22), Skipp (18), Dele (23), Lo Celso (23), Parrott (17). You also have Jack Clarke who is on loan at Leeds United in the 19/20 season. For the 20.3 patch, Dennis Cirkin has received an upgrade so keep an eye on him in your development centre, he can play LB. You also have Harvey White and Jamie Bowden who can sometimes develop into decent midfield options but will most likely be nothing more than backup / rotation players but they will be valuable club trained players for European registrations.

Supporter Expectations

Tottenham have not won a trophy since the 2008 Carabao Cup and this is something that the supporters do not feel happy about. They have lost 8 FA Cup Semi-Finals in a row since 1993. They reached there maiden UEFA Champions League final but lost out to Liverpool. They last won the league in 1961 and in the Premier League Era there highest league position has been 2nd (2016/2017 season). Can you be the man to finally lead them to some long awaited success?

Edited by RageMaster

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post #2 - Transfer Budget, Transfer Options

Transfer Budget: £15m

Wage Budget: £200k

Possible Players to Sell:

Victor Wanyama starts off transfer listed and you can get around £18m/£20m for the Kenyan from the likes of Leicester. He is injury prone and you have Dier, Winks who can play as a DM and you also have Skipp in your U23's. It seems a no brainer to sell Victor.

Jan Vertonghen's contract expires at the end of the first season, you can get atleast £25m from China if you decide to sell in the first window. At 32, his stats will decline over the season and you have the likes of Aldewiereld (signed a new contract in this new patch), Davinson Sanchez, Juan Foyth, Tanganga and also Dier.

Michel Vorm was released IRL last summer but due to an injury to Lloris was resigning around October of 2019. His stats are really poor and is on £40k a week which for a 3rd choice keeper just seems a huge waste of money. Look to get him off the wage bill ASAP even if it's for no transfer fee.

Erik Lamela is another player who is very injury prone and you can try and cash in on him to help boost your transfer funds.

Possible Players to Buy:

One of the glaring issues is lack of depth at both Full Back positions. Ideal players would be Ben Chilwell and Max Aarons as they fill the Club Vision of signing English Players, they will however cost significant sums. Layvin Kurzawa can be had for £3m as a cheap backup for the Left side or you could look at options like Alex Telles, Nicolas Tagliafico etc. For the right back slot, I would suggest looking at players such as Ricardo Perreira, Zeki Celik and Youcef Atal. Steven Sessegnon and Nathan Ferguson are other young english options if you are not looking for a ready made star.

For striker options, I would advise looking at the likes of Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Odsonne Edouard, Andrea Belotti, Arkadiusz Milik until better options appear in the 2nd season.

Edited by RageMaster

Interested to see how you do!  I have a Tottenham save going and am really struggling in the EPL (our next game v Newcastle has been labelled "el Sacko" because it's a must win for both of us).  Struggling to get Kane going (he scores 4 games one week then none for like 5 games).  May have had too many transfers (on top of the transfers spurs had IRL).  Good luck!

Started my Spurs save yesterday.

Followed my thoughts on the team in real life and had a huge clearout with many senior payers being sold. 

Made the decision to sell Toby, Jan and Eriksen. With the 2 centre backs it was more to do with age (and Toby wasn’t really interested in renewing). Eriksen has no intentions of resigning. Managed to get £110m for the 3 which wasn’t too shabby. Also sold Sissoko, Wanyama, Rose & Aurier.

Purchases are:

Tonali 30m, Max Aaron’s 45m, Bruno Fernandes 30m, Ajer 18m, Zinho Vanheusden 19m& Kara Dembélé £10m. 

Putting my faith in young players going forwards.

My new centre back pairing will be Sanchez & Ajer, with Vanheusden possibly taking one of their places depending on how he develops of the next 2 seasons. Dier & Foyth as further back up. 

Sessegnon & Aaron’s will be my first choice wing backs. Davies & Walker-Peters as back up. Although Sessegnon has the potential to be a decent attacker I think there will be better options available in the future. As an offensive wing back he can potentially become world class in my opinion.

Haven’t figures out first choice midfield options yet. Ndombele & Fernandes are starters for sure. Lo-Celso has great creative stats too so will have to fit him in somewhere. Tonali will grow into a great all rounder. Alli will most likely be Fernandes back up. Kept Winks for squad depth purposes.

Attack has been kept the same with Kane, Son and Moura the main 3. I may look at retraining Alli as a striker to give him more game time.

Tactically have started with 4-2-3-1 possession but may change depending on results. 

Have played 3 so far:

Won 2 lost 1, although that was against Liverpool.

6 hours ago, homebasedgg said:

Started my Spurs save yesterday.

Followed my thoughts on the team in real life and had a huge clearout with many senior payers being sold. 

Made the decision to sell Toby, Jan and Eriksen. With the 2 centre backs it was more to do with age (and Toby wasn’t really interested in renewing). Eriksen has no intentions of resigning. Managed to get £110m for the 3 which wasn’t too shabby. Also sold Sissoko, Wanyama, Rose & Aurier.

Purchases are:

Tonali 30m, Max Aaron’s 45m, Bruno Fernandes 30m, Ajer 18m, Zinho Vanheusden 19m& Kara Dembélé £10m. 

Putting my faith in young players going forwards.

My new centre back pairing will be Sanchez & Ajer, with Vanheusden possibly taking one of their places depending on how he develops of the next 2 seasons. Dier & Foyth as further back up. 

Sessegnon & Aaron’s will be my first choice wing backs. Davies & Walker-Peters as back up. Although Sessegnon has the potential to be a decent attacker I think there will be better options available in the future. As an offensive wing back he can potentially become world class in my opinion.

Haven’t figures out first choice midfield options yet. Ndombele & Fernandes are starters for sure. Lo-Celso has great creative stats too so will have to fit him in somewhere. Tonali will grow into a great all rounder. Alli will most likely be Fernandes back up. Kept Winks for squad depth purposes.

Attack has been kept the same with Kane, Son and Moura the main 3. I may look at retraining Alli as a striker to give him more game time.

Tactically have started with 4-2-3-1 possession but may change depending on results. 

Have played 3 so far:

Won 2 lost 1, although that was against Liverpool.

How much did you get for Sissoko, Aurier, and Rose. Haven't managed to get a single bid for any of them.

1 hour ago, SD said:

Haven't bought the game yet so no access to Beta, how do players like Eriksen, Son, Dele look in terms of attributes compared to last year?

Son is definitely improved!!! Eriksen and Dele are comparable except that they finally have made Dele much more fluid in terms of his roles. He can play naturally as both a Advanced Playmaker in the #10 slot and an Inside Forward in the AML spot. Something I have begged for in the past.

11 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

How much did you get for Sissoko, Aurier, and Rose. Haven't managed to get a single bid for any of them.

Sold them all under market value. Sissoko 20m, Rose £14m, Aurier £7m. Had to argue with the board on the last one. 

Allowed me the funds to get new players in though.

I tried to shift Davies first but had no takers so swapped to Rose. 

Already have Real Madrid sniffing round Kane so expecting a bid at some point. 

I made a Spurs save in the beta to get going with this years new version of everything. Not managed to play so much yet but so far I sold Eriksen to PSG for £60m upfront + £2m in 12 month installments. I also sold Alderweireld to Liverpool (unfortunately...) for the £25m release clause and Aurier for £5m to Al-Ahli. I was desperate to get rid of Aurier basically at any price. So far the only one I have bought is Timo Kehrer from PSG for £5,5m! What a bargain.

I have not quite decided which formation I will be using but I'm leaning towards 5-3-2 WB and a classic 4-2-3-1. 

Does anyone have any RB suggestions? :)  

Edited by SwedenYid

18 hours ago, RageMaster said:

I've now added screenshots of each player to the 1st post

Son looks unchanged from last year, which is really a shame.

And I don't understand why the Spurs researcher insists on giving Dele high ratings at ST, he's never played what can be described as ST in FM terms. Second striker is his most advanced role, which in FM is at AM position.

And it looks like the Lyon researcher did a terrible job with Ndombele's physicals. 16 Str is way too much, 14 Agi and 15 Bal is way too little. He doesn't seem fast enough to warrant 15 Acc/Pac either, but this one's not as much off the mark.

4 hours ago, SwedenYid said:

I made a Spurs save in the beta to get going with this years new version of everything. Not managed to play so much yet but so far I sold Eriksen to PSG for £60m upfront + £2m in 12 month installments. I also sold Alderweireld to Liverpool (unfortunately...) for the £25m release clause and Aurier for £5m to Al-Ahli. I was desperate to get rid of Aurier basically at any price. So far the only one I have bought is Timo Kehrer from PSG for £5,5m! What a bargain.

I have not quite decided which formation I will be using but I'm leaning towards 5-3-2 WB and a classic 4-2-3-1. 

Max Aarons was my first signing at Spurs, but he was quite expensive!

5 hours ago, SwedenYid said:

Atal (Nice) looks like a really good attacking Ring Wing Back with some potential to grow. Max Aarons looks a beast if you want a homegrown option or if you want a cheaper option someone like Jayden Bogle from Derby.

19 hours ago, Dustman2015 said:

Also just a general tip... I have sold Toby on July 26th (1 day after release clause expires) for 42.5m to Man United... 

You can also get £75m for Eriksen (some of the fee as installments) and generally around the £20m mark for Wanyama.

I sold Toby, Eriksen and Wanyama for a total of about £90 million (not playing so can't remember values exactly) and got in Ake CB, Atal RB, Maddison and also Edouard as backup to Kane. Running 3rd in Early November. Only thing annoying me is how long Dele is out injured for. He was back much earlier IRL. 

51 minutes ago, Dustman2015 said:

Who did you sell Wanyama to??

I've had 2 saves so far, first one I sold him to Leicester and on my current save i've sold him to Wolves although for slightly less (15m) as he rejected Leicesters contract this time!

Just got to October international break in my save. Sitting 5th after 8 games with 1 loss, 2 draws and 5 wins. Arsenal and Liverpool are both join top with 8 wins out of 8 so we are already 7 points behind the leaders. I'm struggling to get Kane to score at a rate that I feel happy with, he has 4 goals in 7apps in the PL which isn't bad but I just feel with those attributes that he should be getting more (he's currently 10th in the top goalscores for the league). In the Champions League I got a bit of a nightmare group consisting of PSG, Inter and Ludogrets. So far i've beaten PSG at home but lost to Inter away. Carabao Cup saw us beat Sunderland at home with a youthful side and we face Leyton Orient in the 4th round at home.

Signings so far:

James Maddison - £35m - bargain Eriksen replacement

Thilo Kehrer - Season Long Loan as cover after selling Toby

Nathan Ferguson - £8m (now loaned out to Bristol City)

Also signed a number of 17 and 18yo's to boost my U18's and 23's

Players Sold:

Christian Eriksen - £75m to PSG

Toby Alderweireld - £40m to Man Utd

Victor Wanyama -£14.25m to Wolves

I will probably make Lo Celso's loan a permanent move and I am heavily scouting British talents as I look to rebuild the team over the next 2 to 4 windows. I am looking at the following options:

Goalkeeper - Would love to bring in a home grown keeper but there's only really Pickford who would be good enough and I'm not overly keen on him. May look to bring in Donnaruma or someone of that ilk to replace Lloris.

LB - Sell Danny Rose and buy Chilwell or Jamal Lewis to replace. Will keep Davies and Sessegnon as backups

CB - Ben Godfrey is my initial target here and will look to phase out Jan Vertonghen after this season (I gave him an extension until June 2021). I like Sanchez and Foyth and may just use Dier and Tanganga as 4th choice CB

RB - Max Aarons, Jayden Bogle and Atal are my shortlisted options here. Will look to sell Aurier and Walker-Peters may stay depending on budget.

Midfield - Looking at making Lo Celso's move a permanent and will probably look to cash in on Sissoko. I've been looking at either Lewis Cook or Sean Longstaff to replace Moussa. I'd love to bring in Declan Rice but don't feel I can have Dier, Skipp and Rice at the same time!

Attack - Not sure what I will do here, I'd love to bring in Sancho but this would push Son out. Lucas has done really well for me and I will probably sell Lamela in the summer. Trying to give chances to Troy so he can develop aswell. Have scouted Haland also for consideration.

Just finished season 1 with Spurs.

There were a lot of comings & goings to reduce the average age of the squad;

Transfers_zps5dixcchy.png

Not quite sure how it happened but an unprecedented quadruple was achieved;

Competitions_zpsfk2zpqsj.png

A great performance from the entire squad, but with a few real standout performers;

Players_zps9mzjg1lf.png

Well into my second season with Spurs.

First summer I sold Eriksen to PSG for £69m, Alderweireld to Inter for £25m and Sissoko to Man Utd for £38m (!) and brought in Bruno Fernandes (£53m), Filip Benkovic (£31m), Nelson Semedo (£24m), and Jayden Bogle (£10.5m, loaned back for the season.)

My first choice XI (4-2-3-1) was :

Lloris

Semedo Sanchez Vertonghen Rose

Ndombele Fernandes

Lucas Alli Son

Kane

In January I brought in Everton from GRE (I presume that's Gremio?) for £22m and Rekeem Harper from West Brom for £25m, loaned back for the season.

Finished 6th and lost in the FA Cup final to Liverpool and Champions League final to Barcelona. Very disappointing but enough to keep my job. Annoyingly Harry Kane decided he wanted to leave to get CL football, doesn't believe me when I tell him we will do it this season (despite agreeing wholeheartedly in the team meeting a couple of days before!), and isn't particularly happy that I've told him that's not happening! Bruno Fernandes also wants to leave and I've said he can go for £100m, he's quite happy with that.

Second summer I got a surprisingly big transfer "warchest", enhanced when I sold Lamela to Norwich for £28m, Rose to Napoli for £12m, Wanyama to Newcastle for £15m and Davies to Everton for £10m, so I brought in Erkan Eybil and Sergio Reguilon when their contracts expired, Jordan Pickford for £19m, Dejan Kulusevski for £12m, Danny Loader for £15m, Eduardo Camavinga for £20m, Jude Bellingham for £20m, Davide Bettella for £31.5m and the new jewel in the crown, Moussa Dembele (no, not that one, the Lyon striker!) for £57m.

Changed to a 4-1-1-4 DM Wide formation, first choice is :

Lloris

Semedo Benkovic Bettella Reguilon

Ndombele

Fernandes

Lucas Everton

Kane Dembele

Most of the youngsters have been loaned out but Ryan Sessegnon, Jack Clarke and Troy Parrott in particular are starting to make a name for themselves when they get a run out.

It's taken a little while to get used to the new tactic so we're only 5th in the league but on a great run and I'm pretty confident we'll get to at least third. Comfortably through in the Europa League and Carabao Cup so far. 

Most frustrating thing is the board's insistence on signing English players - I probably wouldn't have bought Bogle, Harper, Loader, Pickford or Bellingham if it wasn't for the fact that the board keep blocking my non-English purchases!

@Spike What tactics are you using and what role is Kane playing? 43 goals is a very very good return, I can only wish for such numbers!

@homebasedgg I am using a 4-3-3 but I've tried 4-2-3-1 and a 3-4-3. I've found the 4-3-3 seems to work best for me with the players I have at my disposal although i'd love to get a 4-2-3-1 to work as I have so many good attacking mids / forwards

@BuffaloPhil how has Bogle been performing and Bellingham? I've been looking at both on my save. Hopefully you can pick up the Carabao or Europa league and get that CL spot back too!

Just to provide a brief update in my save, I have reached March 2020. Only January signing was youngster Luke Matheson from Rochdale who has gone into my U23's. Didn't sell anyone as the players i've been looking at to replace them are not available yet.

I've progressed into the CL 1st round knockout round where we face Ajax, we are currently 2-1 up after the 1st leg in Amsterdam but I am confident we can progress at home. I've also won the Carabao Cup knocking out the likes of Sunderland, Leyton Orient, Arsenal, Man City and then Man Utd in the final. Into the FA Cup 5th round where we face Chelsea after knocking out QPR and Liverpool.

Sitting 4th in the league with alot of teams in and around us fighting it out including Wolves who are doing really well in my save.

Just out of interest for those who have reached the 2nd season, what has the transfer budget been like? trying to plan ahead for my transfer window and currently got £80m to spend with about £450k a week free in wages.

End of Season 1 Update

Premier League: 4th

UEFA Champions League: Quarter Finals

FA Cup: Runners Up

Carabao Cup: Winners

So a bit of a mixed season but I am happy that we did manage to get some silverware albeit the Carabao Cup. We was fighting for 4th spot with Man City (who fired Pep and brought in Wenger after a poor season) and Wolves. It went down to the final day where we only managed a 1-1 draw away at relegated Newcastle, luckily City also drew away at Brighton so we finished above them by 1 point and by 7 points infront of 6th placed Wolves who faded away in the last few matches of the season. In the Champions League we faced Liverpool after knocking out Ajax in the 1st Knockout round. We lost to Liverpool 2-1 on aggregate who went on to reach the Final but lost to Real Madrid. In the FA Cup we defeated the likes of QPR, Liverpool, Chelsea, Brentford, Arsenal on our way to reaching the final but Man City got there own back on us pipping them to 4th spot by beating us on Penalties after a 1-1 draw.

Transfer wise I am looking to sell Sissoko, Aurier, Rose and possibly Lamela. I will need to look at our CB options as Kehrer will go back to PSG after his loan ends. I've made Lo Celso's loan move into a permanent transfer. PSG have been sniffing around Kane all season so I am expecting them to bid for him so may need to try and find a replacement if he kicks up a fuss.

Player Stats: (with Lloris missing!)

20191116151329-1.jpg

Edited by RageMaster

I've played through to September 2020 and I am really really pleased with my transfers. Lets start with the players who left the club:

Moussa Sissoko - £24m to Fiorentina

Erik Lamela - £17.25m to Bournemouth

Danny Rose - £16.5m to Newcastle

Serge Aurier - £20m to Milan

Paolo Gazzaniga - £12.5m to Juventus

Luke Amos - £1.7m to Blackburn

I also sold a few of the U23's for under a million each most noteable Jack Roles (£300k to Portsmouth).

Total: £94m

I sold Lamela because I wanted to give more game time to Sessegnon and also intergrate the returning Jack Clarke into the squad. Rose was my highest carded player last season and was in his last year of his contract so was a no brainer to try an upgrade here. Gazzaniga was sold because I had a fantastic player offered to me in goal that meant relegating Hugo to backup GK. Moussa didn't really fit my tactical style and at 30 was only going to start declining sooner rather than later and this will also allow me to give Skipp more game time. PSG was sniffing over Kane all season and all summer. I rejected numerous bids of between £70m and £90m which Harry complained about. They sent one final offer of £118m which was tempting but I decided to only sell if they bid £150m!

I've brought in the following:

Ben Chilwell - £65m from Leicester

Max Aarons - £66m from Norwich

Erling Haaland - £24m from RB Salzburg

Jan Oblak - £300k loan from Athletico Madrid

Bruno Varela - £600k from Benfica

Xavier Amaechi - £1.2m from Hamburg

Giovani Lo Celso - £37m from Betis

Total: £198m

A combined £131m on new fullbacks but I should be covered for the next 7+ years at least with these 2 providing they don't suffer any bad injuries. Both English too which fits with the club vision. I scouted Haaland as a possible Kane replacement as PSG was lurking. At £24m it was a no brainer to bring him in anyway and as i've managed to keep Kane, Haaland has now returned to Salzburg on a season long loan. I was notified that Jan Oblak had been transfer listed at Athletico for just £82m but with not enough in the budget i've signed Jan on a season long Loan and I can make the deal permanent once I can get some more budget. For me he is the best goalkeeper on the game so it was a no brainer to sign him (sorry Hugo!). Varela was signed to be 3rd choice keeper as Alfie Whiteman is out on loan and with Gazzaniga sold I was a little short in experienced cover should anything happen to Oblak or Lloris. Amaechi is a former Arsenal player who has had 1 season in Germany, I'm hoping to develop him and either keep him or sell for a slight profit. Lo Celso was of course made permanent at the end of the previous season. I tried to sign a Center-Back and I tried for Godfrey, Tomori, Gomez and Nathan Ake but I was being quoted silly money. Then at 16:45pm on Deadline day I get a notification to say Godfrey is unhappy at Norwich and has requested a transfer. I bid £30m which was accepted but wasn't able to sign him in time and the deal was cancelled. I have now however concluded the deal for £30m and he will join in January instead. I was being quoted £67m originally so very happy to get him for 30 even if I have to wait a few more months to get him.

My squad now looks like this:

GK: Oblak, Lloris, Varela

Def: Aarons, Walker-Peters, Chilwell, Davies, Vertonghen, Foyth, Sanchez, Carter-Vickers

Mid: Dier, Skipp, Winks, N'Dombele, Maddison, Dele, Lo Celso

Attack: Kane, Son, Moura, Sessegnon, Clarke, Parrott

Noteable players out on Loan: Haaland (RB Salzburg), Amaechi (Middlesbrough), Nathan Ferguson (Sheff United)

I've been drawn to face Doncaster away in the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup as we look to defend our crown. In the Champions League we once again face Inter Milan, Gladbach and RB Salzburg. So far in the league after 5 games we have 4 wins and 1 draw. 

On 12/11/2019 at 16:34, Sam-T1 said:

Max Aarons was my first signing at Spurs, but he was quite expensive!

On 12/11/2019 at 17:59, RageMaster said:

Atal (Nice) looks like a really good attacking Ring Wing Back with some potential to grow. Max Aarons looks a beast if you want a homegrown option or if you want a cheaper option someone like Jayden Bogle from Derby.

Thanks for the suggestions but I decided to go for Nelson Semedo for £24m. Seems like a bargain for that price!

23 hours ago, Sophos said:

Anyone found a tactic that reliably gets Spurs scoring? My Spurs team have been dreadful so far.

I'm playing a 4-1-1-4 DM Wide Gegenpress in the second season with Kane and Moussa Dembele up front with Parrott backing them up, I'm the PL top scorers so far and Kane just won a clean sweep of the World Player of the Year awards.

14 hours ago, Sisamom said:

Does anyone know if Pogba is transfer listed in the full version of the game like he was in the Beta at the end of july?

No, he isn't. But he's agitating for a move to clubs playing in the Champion's League.

I started my first season with Tottenham and after 13 games in the league we are 2nd, 3 Points behind Manchester City. In the Carabao Cup we are in the 3rd round.

In CL we are on top of our group with 10 points after 5 games. Barcelona is runner up also with 10 points (but we've beaten them in our direct confrontation) and Inter Milano is 3rd with 8 points. In the last game we play versus Inter at home and Barca faces Lille - so everything can happen in the last game.

This is my squad after many transfers in the first window:

Gk: Lloris, Gazzaniga, Vorm

DC: Dier, Ruben Dias, Davinson Sanchez

LB: Rose, Sessegnon

RB: Aurier, Max Aarons

MC: Pogba, Milinkovic-Savic, Ndombele, Bruno Fernandes, lo Celso, Winks, Skipp

AMR: Federico Chiesa, Son

AML: Jadon Sancho, Dele Alli

ST: Kane, Erling Haaland, Parrot

Although the start was very promising i'm worrying about my offensive wingers because they are not productive at all. Chiesa for example scored 2 times and had 1 assist in 13 games and Sancho is even worse with only 1 ridicolous assist in 13 games and an average of 6.5 points per game.

2 hours ago, Sisamom said:

I started my first season with Tottenham and after 13 games in the league we are 2nd, 3 Points behind Manchester City. In the Carabao Cup we are in the 3rd round.

In CL we are on top of our group with 10 points after 5 games. Barcelona is runner up also with 10 points (but we've beaten them in our direct confrontation) and Inter Milano is 3rd with 8 points. In the last game we play versus Inter at home and Barca faces Lille - so everything can happen in the last game.

Although the start was very promising i'm worrying about my offensive wingers because they are not productive at all. Chiesa for example scored 2 times and had 1 assist in 13 games and Sancho is even worse with only 1 ridicolous assist in 13 games and an average of 6.5 points per game.

That midfield is stacked ... serious options there

1 hour ago, 10Sammo10 said:

That midfield is stacked ... serious options there

Was thinking the same, how did you get all those players in the first window? Must have been some proper wheeling and dealing going on!

Edited by Mredd
no message typed

vor 47 Minuten schrieb Mredd:

Was thinking the same, how did you get all those players in the first window? Must have been some proper wheeling and dealing going on!

After i sold Alderweireld (29 mio) , Vertonghen (32,5 mio), Walker-Peters (20 mio), Foyth (16 mio), Moura (40 mio), Lamela (22,5 mio), Eriksen (75 mio), Sissoko (45 mio), Wanyama (22,5 mio) and Davis (16 mio) i had more than 300 Mio € to spend.

For some players i used installments to pay for.

Pogba was "very cheap" - 75 million € for a homegrown player of his class is a gift (he is set on transfer list on the 27th or 28th of july).

Finally i was lucky to get Sancho. Dortmund rejected all of my offers (they wanted about 200 million €), so i asked the board if they could buy him for me and surprisingly they fulfilled my wish and they could get him much cheaper.

Edited by Sisamom

7 hours ago, Sisamom said:

Only three central defenders, one of whom is primarily a DM? Awfully risky! 

This game is really driving me insane. I've tried four times now with Spurs, once with my own tactics, three times with "plug & play" tactics that have succeeded for others. Every time, I've been sacked. I just don't understand it and it's driving me up the wall. Starting to feel like I've wasted my money on a game that I'm never going to be any good at, and losing's no fun. I don't know. 

Anyone else been through a spell like this in Football Manager? What got you out of it?

2 minutes ago, Sophos said:

This game is really driving me insane. I've tried four times now with Spurs, once with my own tactics, three times with "plug & play" tactics that have succeeded for others. Every time, I've been sacked. I just don't understand it and it's driving me up the wall. Starting to feel like I've wasted my money on a game that I'm never going to be any good at, and losing's no fun. I don't know. 

Anyone else been through a spell like this in Football Manager? What got you out of it?

Whats your manager setup (badges and previous reputation)? 

Just now, Champfan10 said:

Whats your manager setup (badges and previous reputation)? 

I go with the 'recommended for this club' options. I do usually make quite a young manager - does that influence things?

Just now, Sophos said:

I go with the 'recommended for this club' options. I do usually make quite a young manager - does that influence things?

I was thinking more if you just chose Sunday league reputation, but you haven't. 

At what stage are you sacked? Are you having team meetings to boost morale when on a bad run etc? 

Also I would always say use your own tactics based on the players you have, plug and play are great but there won't be a one tactic fits all. 

I haven't played as Spurs yet but may have a go now Poch is gone, I'm always intrigued what we as players could change when a long term manager is gone. 

Just now, Champfan10 said:

I was thinking more if you just chose Sunday league reputation, but you haven't. 

At what stage are you sacked? Are you having team meetings to boost morale when on a bad run etc? 

Also I would always say use your own tactics based on the players you have, plug and play are great but there won't be a one tactic fits all. 

I haven't played as Spurs yet but may have a go now Poch is gone, I'm always intrigued what we as players could change when a long term manager is gone. 

Earliest I've been sacked was in January, that was using my own tactics. I've been sacked around March/April time twice, and at the end of the season once, when using 'plug & play' tactics.

I use team meetings fairly often when in bad form to lift morale. 

I'd love to be able to succeed using my own tactics but I just don't think I'm any good at that part of the game, to be honest.

Started a save last night, nowhere near as many transfers for me as some of you have done :lol:

Alderweireld joined Liverpool for £30m, and Wanyama joined Southampton for £15m. I kept Vertonghen and Eriksen, I dont like disrupting squads too much in season one as I usually have issues when I do. Probably lost a lot of money not selling them, but Eriksen is driving me up the league so its maybe going to be worth it.

Only player signed was Rugani from Juventus for £15m. Went for Edouard from Celtic but he wouldnt accept anything other than being a star player, so we couldnt agree anything. Happy to scout a bit more before making any moves.

Injuries mean my starting line up is still a bit funky sometimes, Lo Celso and Sissoko just been replaced by Son and Winks, but so far its...

Screenshot_20191121-183816_LINEUP11.thumb.jpg.6212c2be78698be16e9a38e07aee1f04.jpg

Undefeated in my first 3 games. Beaten West Ham 3-0, and Southampton 3-0, both at home. Only away game was Watford, and it ended 3-3. Kane missed a penalty, then Lamela came on and equalised in the 95th minute...

Edited by RandomGuy.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Werrett:

Only three central defenders, one of whom is primarily a DM? Awfully risky! 

Yes i know but i've only 3 games left until january and now i will try to sign one more central defender.

Edit: brought in Upamecano in january - problem solved :-)

Edited by Sisamom