Youth Intake

I’m curious to know what people’s opinions on the youth intakes on this game.

Im currently in my 6th season with psv, I have a good relationship with the board and they have twice agreed to improve the youth recruitment

However, the best player I’ve received on intake day has been around the 2/2.5 star mark, in previous games you’d probably get at least one 3.5/4 star potential player every season

Is anyone else noticing something like this?

1 hour ago, KlaaZ said:

Higher youth recruitment = bigger chance of high potential players coming through. Nothing is guaranteed.

I understand it’s not guaranteed, it’s just that in 5 seasons I thought I’d have brought in at least one decent prospect, I just wandered if other people have seen the same things in their own saves

How are your facilities? HoYD?

Youth Recruitment is one aspect of the process, keep everything else up to scratch and the potential should start creeping up. 

5 hours ago, Paddy9596 said:

I understand it’s not guaranteed, it’s just that in 5 seasons I thought I’d have brought in at least one decent prospect, I just wandered if other people have seen the same things in their own saves

I got an excellent prospect in my first season but nothing else since.  Agreed with above to look at DoF as well as increasing facilities. 

But yeah I get your point, it is frustrating. 

Perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way, in 6 seasons in the way we all play is enough to make a team rather strong in continental competitions, if your team improves a lot the intakes will look "rubbish" for example, i have a save around 2060 where most youths coming from my academy aren't even at 2 stars potential and is rare for me to see one with 3 stars potential, because i have already the best team in the world with a rotation just as good so chances of getting a better player than what i have are as slim as the chances of a wonderkid spawning in Tuvalu

21 hours ago, Paddy9596 said:

Is anyone else noticing something like this?

I'm couple of seasons in, but my first season in Milan, I have state of the art training facilities, exceptional junior coaching and extensive youth recruitment but youth intake was nthing special. 2 players with a PA around 3 stars, but that's only 1 season.

And I also was thinking something along theese lines.

10 hours ago, WorcesterLegend said:

Perhaps you are looking at it the wrong way, in 6 seasons in the way we all play is enough to make a team rather strong in continental competitions, if your team improves a lot the intakes will look "rubbish" for example, i have a save around 2060 where most youths coming from my academy aren't even at 2 stars potential and is rare for me to see one with 3 stars potential, because i have already the best team in the world with a rotation just as good so chances of getting a better player than what i have are as slim as the chances of a wonderkid spawning in Tuvalu

Surely in a stronger club, standard will be set high so you might get a impression that intake is worse than it is actually.

Maybe it is all about perception, but what he talk about is potential

In my save currently with extensive youth recruitment and pretty good HoyD etc, sometime in 1 intake max only 2.5 stars. Only hope for 1 or 2 player 3+stars 

22 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Maybe it is all about perception, but what he talk about is potential

In my save currently with extensive youth recruitment and pretty good HoyD etc, sometime in 1 intake max only 2.5 stars.

Yes, but that player with 2,5 stars potential in a weaker club could be seen as a 4 star potential because he would be compared to a waker teammates. Stars are always relevant to your current squad and also the league you0re playing in.

To give you a example... When I took over Milan, I scouted some of the players I had in Genk. So there was a 18 yo right back who was 3 stars CA and 4 stars and 1 black star rating for PA while I was with Genk. But when I scouted him for Milan his PA was only 3 stars because of the higher standard im my Milan squad.

37 minutes ago, yolixeya said:

Yes, but that player with 2,5 stars potential in a weaker club could be seen as a 4 star potential because he would be compared to a waker teammates. Stars are always relevant to your current squad and also the league you0re playing in.

To give you a example... When I took over Milan, I scouted some of the players I had in Genk. So there was a 18 yo right back who was 3 stars CA and 4 stars and 1 black star rating for PA while I was with Genk. But when I scouted him for Milan his PA was only 3 stars because of the higher standard im my Milan squad.

I know what you mean, if you can have a player with 4 stars PA with Genk, that means if you have bigger and better club, you can get youth with nearly same potential but only seen as 3 stars PA in bigger club

So far players with great PA come from South American country and they are sometime already have great CA in relatively young age. Look at these regen from Brazil that I bought. It feels like cheating to bought Brazil regen haha

Antonio Carlos.jpg

Kendy Renato.jpg

Tracisio Jose.jpg

Yep. South America is probably the best place for looking young talents. A lot of talent at a relatively cheap price. In Italy there is 2 non EU signing rule per season so that is a limiting factor. I already have a 1 spot filled for the next season, with one Brazilian that I left on loan for a season.

Playing in EPL are so frustrating, every prospect from bigger club (Manchester duo, Liverpool, Tottenham) are given nonsense price tag (100M++), and you can get better player from Brazil only for 10++ M

Or you can snap one or two from Spain (they usuallly have min fee release clause too)

On 10/06/2019 at 01:56, WorcesterLegend said:

I think that's correct. As an example from the opposite side in my Bari youth challenge I'm regularly receiving four or five newgens with four gold stars and one black star potential but that's only because my team is pretty rubbish

Moving through the leagues in my academy challenge, the intake generally keeps pace with the division i'm in.

I.E. i'll get 4 or 5 with the potential to be good players for my current division. The rest will be dross, i'll get a 'gem' every couple of years with potential to be good in a league above where i am.

I max out my Junior Coaching & Youth Recruitment early.

Club Reputation is a major consideration as is your catchment area. Some challenges are harder than others.

3 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

Playing in EPL are so frustrating, every prospect from bigger club (Manchester duo, Liverpool, Tottenham) are given nonsense price tag (100M++), and you can get better player from Brazil only for 10++ M

Or you can snap one or two from Spain (they usuallly have min fee release clause too)

Except they are all average and your scouts overrate them.

I always wait patiently  for the star players, and (if I am managing top team) I will pay whatever it takes, even in excess of 100 million for an 18 year old.

Signing cheap promising youngsters (to loan and then sell) in a great strategy for success, but when that once in a generation player comes around you need to break the bank to get him.

Hi. In five seasons, I've come across one or two youth intake players that became 4 star players. You need to keep an eye constantly, and then let them play, and it's rare, but it's possible.

Don't forget it also depends on how good your assistant is at judging players.  He could be rating them much better or worse than they actually are, always worth looking at the youth players attributes to make up your own mind.

• 1 month later...

Stars are relative to your current squad. If you have a poor squad, the PA stars will be high. If you have an excellent squad, they will be much lower. a 2* PA in a great team is likely to be better than a 5* PA in a poor team.

Archived