Back to older versions

Boss

Has anyone else gone back to an older version of FM recently?

Due to all my frustrations with the FM 19 ME, I loaded up an old save on FM15 yesterday and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed playing it again. The game is quicker and I prefer the graphics, and not to mention it's actually enjoyable to watch the ME again :thup:

Think I will probably stick with it now until I see the outcome of the 19.3 update, but if nothing has drastically improved with the ME then I'll stay with it.

1 hour ago, Boss said:

Has anyone else gone back to an older version of FM recently?

Due to all my frustrations with the FM 19 ME, I loaded up an old save on FM15 yesterday and was really surprised at how much I enjoyed playing it again. The game is quicker and I prefer the graphics, and not to mention it's actually enjoyable to watch the ME again :thup:

Think I will probably stick with it now until I see the outcome of the 19.3 update, but if nothing has drastically improved with the ME then I'll stay with it.

Still playing FM12. I'm not too bothered about the ME to be honest, it's fine for me. But I do like the quickness of the day to day and the fact that you can ignore most media questions and stuff like that. The only thing I do are team talks, mentoring, and praise someone if they get a hat-trick (or above 9.0 in a game).

Limited interactions, concentrate on the game play, the team, the squad. I don't even hire scouts, no need for scout reports at all. I just go to the leagues, like Spain, Brazil, Portugal, England, Germany, France, Italy, Holland etc. and find the best players through player stats, in the senior and junior sides. 

Such a simpler game and I can really concentrate on the team and the tactics, and building future squads.

5 minutes ago, coolestrock said:

i would love someone to be able to do updates for some of the older games , i hate the training in FM 2019 ,i leave it to the assistant but i have no idea if its done right tbh ,i also think there are far too many roles in the newer games , i doubt many people use most of them , plus ive never really seen any difference between players who can play the role and who cant , i still end up winning the league with a decent tactic, 

There are some updates - if you search for them they are out there.

I still have unfinished business in FM14, so I may be back sooner or later...

For the first time in ages, FM19 brought me to download a couple of tactics, because despite the theoretically great and more user-friendly TC, I just couldn't get my team to play well or to convert chances (a 30% Shots/On Goal ratio is unprecedented as a top club).
The game still feels a tad too random still. For some odd reason, I could breeze through CL Group Stage against bigger sides, while domestically I regularly was trailing and struggling to win against the likes of Kongsvinger and Jerv...

Players becoming angry at every offer I turned down is annoying too. Realistic, but not so much when your backup CB throws a fit because he wants to join Roma and doesn't believe you when you tell him "you will rot on the bench there"... 2 seasons and 5 Serie A apps later, he wants back...

So yeah, FM19 is great, but older FMs are much more straightforward. Sure, I'll miss some new features, but all in all it's a compromise I'm willing to make

36 minutes ago, RBKalle said:

Realistic, but not so much when your backup CB throws a fit because he wants to join Roma and doesn't believe you when you tell him "you will rot on the bench there"... 2 seasons and 5 Serie A apps later, he wants back...

Especially infuriating when players have no memory of past events nor any sort of self-awareness. I get it that people can see themselves as better than they are, but surely that doesn't apply to every player, right? To be fair, it also applies to clubs who keep signing the same busts because of their high Reputation and won't learn either; it swings both ways! :lol:

Speaking of UI, there's no way I'd be able to revert to the alphabetically sorted attributes.

My brain is wired to look at the attribute screen, possibly with the octagon, and to assess the players at first glance. The old A-Z setup feels too confusing, despite it being all we had til FM05

As much as I enjoyed CM99/00 and CM00/01, I think I'd struggle to get another long-term career going on those games again. The introduction of roles and duties completely changed how I thought about CM/FM, and I'm not sure how I'd manage without them. Maybe I'll come up with something for the 20th anniversary of CM00/01, who knows...

I had fond memories of CM4 as well. Note the emphasis on had. I revisited that game about six years ago to finish off the second season of an old Millwall save, and only then did I realise how buggy and messed-up it really was. Some of us might complain about FM19 now, but CM4 was arguably the closest SI have come to releasing a game that was truly unfit to play.

I've managed to D/L a data update for the start of the '16 season for FM15 and this will be me sorted now I think!

Such a refreshing change to watch the ME on this compared to FM19. As good as FM19 is in terms of 'under the hood' changes, FM15 just seems like a more enjoyable experience for me atm.

I will go back to FM 2015 aswell most probably.

It was last good (very good) fm. Later versions are just too random, you never can tell does your tactic works or not, too much unnecessary interactions etc.  2019 match engine.. Opposition teams have almost 100% conversion rate - shot in target/goal. That is enough about engine I think.. This makes me sad, but ok, at least I think that 2019 is a little bit better than 16,17,18

28 minutes ago, kingofpain said:

Well, I am back to FM 17. I`m disappointed about the ME of FM19. I think there won`t be a decent patch which could improve the gameplay.

So I enjoy playing FM 17 at the Moment.

I was tempted to try FM17 but that was the first version to use Denuvo and I didn't think 17 was that much of an improvement on 16 to have to have that on my machine.

2 minutes ago, Marko1989 said:

It was last good (very good) fm. Later versions are just too random, you never can tell does your tactic works or not, too much unnecessary interactions etc.  2019 match engine.. Opposition teams have almost 100% conversion rate - shot in target/goal. That is enough about engine I think.. This makes me sad, but ok, at least I think that 2019 is a little bit better than 16,17,18

That is not the experience of most users, to be honest. If opposition teams really are scoring from so many of their shots on target against you, there might be a fundamental problem with your tactics. Maybe you should post your set-up on the tactics forum for others to have a look at.

From my perspective, I seem to have a better understanding of how my tactics work in FM19 than in other recent versions. The new tactics module has really helped in that respect. Though I really loved FM13 and had my longest career on that version, its tactics module - sliders and all - now seems awfully dated by comparison.

27 minutes ago, CFuller said:

That is not the experience of most users, to be honest. If opposition teams really are scoring from so many of their shots on target against you, there might be a fundamental problem with your tactics. Maybe you should post your set-up on the tactics forum for others to have a look at.

From my perspective, I seem to have a better understanding of how my tactics work in FM19 than in other recent versions. The new tactics module has really helped in that respect. Though I really loved FM13 and had my longest career on that version, its tactics module - sliders and all - now seems awfully dated by comparison.

Thank you for your advice to ask for a help but I'm reading that part of the forum all the time.

I will post just 4 games because I don't want to turn this topic in something else, but this is happening all the time. No matter what tactic, no matter how good players are etc...

1.png

2.png

3.png

Screenshot_5.png

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RBKalle:

Speaking of UI, there's no way I'd be able to revert to the alphabetically sorted attributes.

My brain is wired to look at the attribute screen, possibly with the octagon, and to assess the players at first glance. The old A-Z setup feels too confusing, despite it being all we had til FM05

Interesting, i  never really got into the octagon, always looked like a waste of space to mee and felt "FIFA" somehow, cheapish.

Same as OP, I've given up on FM19. Been playing around with FM15, FM16 and FM17 and find them much better games overall than both and 18 and 19. 

The only thing I miss from FM18 are the new roles, but the ME is a lot more enjoyable so it doesn't matter much. Won't be buying any new FM games untill a new ME is introduced as the current has had it's day and them some. 

For those who prefer FM17 there's  a season 18/19 update by Nightstorm over at sortitoutsi. Here

2 hours ago, Marko1989 said:

hank you for your advice to ask for a help but I'm reading that part of the forum all the time.

I will post just 4 games because I don't want to turn this topic in something else, but this is happening all the time. No matter what tactic, no matter how good players are

You post 4 screenshots with limited info, but it's very clear that in 2 of the 4 matches your in-match decisions cost you. They threw men forward and got a goal to salvage something. In general, things won't always go your way, but that's already 50% of what you posted that can be improved.

1 ora fa, GerdMuller ha scritto:

Interesting, i  never really got into the octagon, always looked like a waste of space to mee and felt "FIFA" somehow, cheapish.

:eek:

The Octagon is by far my favourite feature, to the point of making me ignore by default any new skin without it on the Attribute screen (my default landing one)

At a glance, you can get an idea of how good/bad a player is, and if he'll fit or not into your system. Or if he's even worth of a second look at all. Some shapes are also an instant no-no, even when the scouts and a few attributes say otherwise.
(E.g. The "fish" winger, the "sailor hat" centerback, the "boat" striker, the "arrow" forward (pointing either left or right)

It may look a bit cheap (or PES/FIFA-like) but once you learn how to read it, it's an invaluably precious tool

Everyone to his own ,the way you describe it it sounds like pokemon. :-D I dont doubt the value of it and how it can be read properly   i am just so bad an uninterested myself in doing the exact maths that i have to lie to myself i like F for his accuracy and the sheer numbers in the atts at least. :-D Dont tell anyone but i often look ant ANT and how many atts are green basically :-D But no i totally anaylyse the att sheet in and out :-D

No matter what version is out at the time, we will always think moments of the past was a golden era for the game. My kids always tell me I'm living in the past 😊. We cling on to the bits of the past that made us happy, forgetting the things that annoyed the hell out of us, and probably posted as such on these forums!! 

Archived