dafuge's FM19 challenge

16 hours ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

Im not giving up so if i get them i will post the save for you . 

Thanks, but I'm pretty fussy about the divisions/players loaded so I'd prefer my own save.

I've had Weymouth turn up (same division, same rep) so I'm still hopeful. 

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would anyone be offended if I did this using FM Touch? I don't have the time for full game but would like to update career in here. I have tried to replicate the set up as close as possible.

Not sure if it makes it easier/harder.

In the 4th season, always toiling to scrap every penny, all in for the cup games, letting players go to use cheaper and more determined with less ability but more potential and fighting against the drop finally the road to salvation opened up before me:

YouthFacilities.thumb.png.bab55156bf2a32769c4991789156e466.png

Let's hope it gets build.

25 minutes ago, kstoyle said:

Would anyone be offended if I did this using FM Touch? I don't have the time for full game but would like to update career in here. I have tried to replicate the set up as close as possible.

Not sure if it makes it easier/harder.

I get asked this question every year yet somehow I can never remember the exact answer.

From previous years, there's something in the rules that can't be done on Touch. I think it's something like loading the feeder leagues players.

On 19/10/2018 at 22:01, G_D_K said:

By the way --- Steam community Group page dedicated to this challenge can be found https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791432542089

Come join us and let us know how you're getting on....(everyone welcome, this challenge, another challenge, FM or gaming in general!)

I'll just repost this again. Would love to see more people in here. Just to chat and and hang out while playing. We are a decent and funny bunch, except Quavis of course! ;)

Last year never got me going on this challenge, but I think I will join in again this year.

I have, however, a rule for myself that says, that I will only make a starting post if I complete one season. That way I wont commit to something I can't get into.

Will need to study eligible teams, to find out what I want.

EDIT: I load up Belarus league, as they start in march 2019, so I will only have to simulate 3 months. Makes it a lot faster.

Edited by Mr_Demus

1 hour ago, Mr_Demus said:

Last year never got me going on this challenge, but I think I will join in again this year.

I have, however, a rule for myself that says, that I will only make a starting post if I complete one season. That way I wont commit to something I can't get into.

Will need to study eligible teams, to find out what I want.

EDIT: I load up Belarus league, as they start in march 2019, so I will only have to simulate 3 months. Makes it a lot faster.

I think you have the wrong thread mate as this is for English clubs...

13 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I think you have the wrong thread mate as this is for English clubs...

I think he means that he only has to holiday 3 months to get to the point where he can pick an English team.

6 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Can't believe you got Basford :(. Must have tried about 150 times at least.

i loaded about 100 times and saw basford 2 or 3 times, you must be really unlucky.  i didn't save them as i didn't think them rare.

It might be worthwhile redoing the holiday season to get different teams relegated, i'm sure this sometimes changes the teams that come up although i have no proof of this.

4 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

i loaded about 100 times and saw basford 2 or 3 times, you must be really unlucky.  i didn't save them as i didn't think them rare.

It might be worthwhile redoing the holiday season to get different teams relegated, i'm sure this sometimes changes the teams that come up although i have no proof of this.

I've tried different holiday databases. Different loads and everything. 

Just not getting any luck.

1 minute ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I've tried different holiday databases. Different loads and everything. 

Just not getting any luck.

I do know what you mean, i was looking for St Neots another 1900 rep team but they never came up so i settled for Worthing.

5 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I think I've had St Neots once in all the reloads. Just had Matlock for the first time and Mickleover.

Yet i saw both of those teams several times especially Matlock

Edited by Thebaker

Infact, having looked at the eligible teams from all divisions the only one's I don't recall seeing are;

Basford United, Bamber Bridge and Lancaster*. 

Wimbourne, Weymouth*, Walton Casuals, Tiverton, Taunton, Swindon Supermarine, Met Police, Kings Langley*, Hartney Whitney, Harrow and Beaconsfield.

Statford, St Ives, Rushall, Royston*, Needham Market, Leiston, Biggleswade Town, Bedworth, Barwell, Banbury, Alvechurch and AFC Rushden.

Worthing*, Wingate & Finchley, Potters Bar Town, Merstham, Lewes, Leatherhead, Harlow, Haringey Borough, Corinthian-Casuals, Burgess Hill and Brightlingsea.

*I'm sure I've seen these.

5 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Infact, having looked at the eligible teams from all divisions the only one's I don't recall seeing are;

Basford United, Bamber Bridge and Lancaster*. 

Wimbourne, Weymouth*, Walton Casuals, Tiverton, Taunton, Swindon Supermarine, Met Police, Kings Langley*, Hartney Whitney, Harrow and Beaconsfield.

Statford, St Ives, Rushall, Royston*, Needham Market, Leiston, Biggleswade Town, Bedworth, Barwell, Banbury, Alvechurch and AFC Rushden.

Worthing*, Wingate & Finchley, Potters Bar Town, Merstham, Lewes, Leatherhead, Harlow, Haringey Borough, Corinthian-Casuals, Burgess Hill and Brightlingsea.

*I'm sure I've seen these.

Looking at the starting list i realise i saw every team above 1900 except St Neots, Frome and Met police.

My latest season has ended in abject failure as the team have been relegated from the VNL.

I have noticed some effect from the mentoring groups i have set up however with some changes in determination and ppms learnt, no change in personalities.

10 minutes ago, glynnbob said:

please someone find Basford united my cousin used to play for them and im 2 miles down the road so desperate for the first time ever to take them to premier and European glory

Welcome to the club haha.

Probably one of the only sides a 1900 rated side hasn't come up at least once.

Edited by Nottingham Forest

2018/19 Season Review

We started out the season as 10th favorites.  The league was pretty even top to bottom and one of the more stressful/fun seasons I have ever played.

baWYr2v.png

There were plenty of ups and downs for the season and we never sniffed 1st, as Stockport dominated the league.  We eventually finished 3rd, which I was happy about because around December we were looking like falling out of the playoff spots.  It was nice to get a bye in the playoffs too.  We had to go to penalties in the playoff semifinal against Stalybridge, and had a very brutal game against Fylde in the final that saw us accumulate 11 yellow cards and have two players sent off in extra time.  Fortunately, we were able to grab a goal in extra time before our second man was sent off to get the one-nil win and gain  promotion.  In the FA Trophy we went out to Leyton Orient in the semis and exited the 1st round of the FA Cup.

4TgKHF3.png

8e2ICwk.png

On the youth intake front, we had an okay intake with two players that could have an impact further down the road.  One of them, Yussif, got some time with the first team and will likely be a rotation option next season.

BjeEyue.png

UgYFaSW.png

I am hoping that we can add a few players and maybe get a few in on loan to get a midtable or better finish next season.  Our biggest problem will be finding a tactical identity, as last season I used 4-5 different tactics trying to get the best out of the team.

Finished another season and then forgot to post it here :P but here is the pic of last s eason im about 3 months into the next season :P Anyways it was a really bad season struggled big time but managed to keep Merthyr up and got a new contract with them :D

ad4948203444bfd2763ba2acb552b5c8.png

c0346bb20c25197dac2f318371584153.png

1 hour ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Welcome to the club haha.

Probably one of the only sides a 1900 rated side hasn't come up at least once.

think it was around 07 08 I had great saves with Hucknall(where I live) and eastwood town too.

1 hour ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Literally with the last roll of the dice, I have Basford. Well last roll tonight.

@glynnbob, I'll look to upload it tomorrow if you haven't got them come up by then.

your a star mate if ya do especially a red helping a magpie out!!!

Edit: Reckon it's took 250 reloads. 

Hah!  I asked the board for professional status and it was denied.  A few weeks later they declared professional status due to our solid footing in the Vanarama National League.  Time to dig into training schedules!

Season 2023/24 Review - Lancaster City in the Vanarama National League

League Table | Season Review | Goal of the Season

I swear this game is taunting me. I mean don't get me wrong — 8th is a great first season in any new divison — but also right below the playoff spots, and that's been our fate twice now. If the position itself wasn't vexing enough, this was the table with one match to go. Everything to play for... and then we blew it. :(

On a more positive note, our 96 goals scored is 2nd only to Colchester and comfortably better than most playoff teams. The problem is those pesky 74 conceded... While I'm sure we're great fun for the gallery, I'd really like to figure out how to cope with crosses and defensive set pieces. With even half-decent improvements in either area, this team should have serious promotion potential.

Squad | Hierarchy | Transfers

Losing Rollinson and Pitman was hardly ideal for my winger-dependent formation, but I kinda figured we wouldn't be able to hold on to them. With no serious injuries to speak of, Gilmour has thankfully been able to hold the fort on the left while Terzi has been tearing it up on the right. Heck, he's been good enough that I'm considering a tactical change to get him into a more involved attacking midfield role. A focus on crosses from out wide seems like a waste of that passing ability.

Does Mallass need mentioning anymore? 29 league goals is, well, best in the league! I can hardly wish for more.

Finances

You'd think higher gate receipts, £105K in player sales, and a wage bill that's gone down since last season would show here, but no; once again all it means is fewer cash injections. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that I can't even get a coaching course funded as long as we're in debt!

Aim for next season: Playoffs. Playoffs actually seem possible.

Season    League                 Finish   Notes
2023/24   Vanarama National      8th      -
2022/23   Vanarama North         2nd      Promoted via Playoffs
2021/22   Vanarama North         3rd      Knocked out in Playoff Semi Final
2020/21   Vanarama North         3rd      Knocked out in Playoff Final
2019/20   Vanarama North         8th      -

KetteringTFC.png.03463b256c0a6562122d73a9d5302dc0.png

Kettering Town - Season 26/27

"Few will have tipped Kettering to have been capaple of avoiding relegation heading into the season but The Poppies confounded every expectation by achieving a top-half finish."

League Table - We had a great start and we were in playoff race most of the season. However final third of the season was pretty much disaster and we only won four out of last 17 games. In the end we finished 8th five points short of playoffs. I was fairly happy however.

Cups - Not much happened here this time.

Transfers - Summer transfer window went as expected. Few loans, lots of free transfers and one small incoming deal. We didn't sell anybody this year. Obviously released plenty of players although it doesn't show there.

Finances - We made £3,500,000 profit but that was only because of parachute payment. Our stadium is too small and frankly our sponsorhip money is pathetic.

Key Players

I brought in Marcus Edwards to replace Wade Hobbs. He did allright. His natural fitness and strength aren't great but I like hid dribbling, flair, agility and balance. Once in a while he looks pretty exciting. I don't really see him as long-term option though.

Gus Williams was on loan from Chelsea. He scored respectable 20 goals in the Championship. Based on his attributes he should be playing in the Premier League but unfortunately he is fairly inconsistent. I try to extend his loan if he ends up signing extension with Chelsea.

Pierre-Emmanuel Ekwah Elimby was our best defender once again. Some might even say that he was wast the best defender in whole Championship because he was named in PFA Championship Team of the Year. Lots of interested parties but I try to keep him around.

Next Season

Our stadium capacity is merely 5319. I believe our every home game was sold out. I asked board to expand the stadium but they said no. Apparently our financial situation doesn't allow that. My relationship with this board is questionable. First they kept rejecting professional status despite we had £2,500,000 in the bank while we were in Vanarama National and now this. In addition we earned only £220,000 sponsorhip money this season. I think it's their responsibility to negotiate these deals. Anyway I'm looking to make serious promotion push next season. I try to keep my best players around at least till January window and then assess the situation again.

image.thumb.png.45490fa9a87fddbf71bde5d5dc7e1a3d.png

Edited by janneff

image.png.081dbb18613aa48f730d8e8cfe4e1882.png

Table | Squad | Transfers

A disaster of a season really, i could not find many players better than what i had and could afford the wages of those i did. The players i did sign universally flopped. The team hovered just above relegation until about oct and from then on were always in 21st position as the bottom 3 were even worse. In mar the team got to within 2 points of safety before a 6 game losing streak left them well adrift. My tactics need a lot of work since nearly every game ended with the opposition having 20+ efforts on goal and Worthing only 10.

In the FA cup the team lost in the 1st rd to VNS Concord on penalties after coming back from 2-0  and a man down to draw 2-2 at home. In the FA trophy the team went out in the 3rd rd away to struggling VNS side Gloucester 0-1.

The squad was poor with not one player rated as good enough for this league. I was trying to sell pastorek by about oct. The only positive was Mehew again, a 2nd decent striker alongside him would have gone a long way to safety. Another quality central midfield is also required. Clarke being injured for over 2 months when playing really well did not help either. I have some hope for Poole who is a real danger at attacking freekicks and corners and ok at defending.

My best players immediately wanted to leave when the season ended.

Finances stayed about the same, i wanted to get an affiliate club but the board refused as the finances were not strong enough.

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        8th        2nd Q Round      3rd Q Round               None 
2020/21   Vanarama South        6th        4th Q Round      1st Round               Promoted 
2021/22   Vanarama National     6th        1st Round        3rd Round               Relegated 

Im not sure if saying pissed off (not to be confused with the UK meaning, Im not drunk) in these forums is allowed but after 4-5 days and countless hours of trying to get the Met Police finally paid off however there was one small problem. I find kits and 3d kits for my club, go to make my profile and notice I didnt select The north/south leagues as playable. arghh!!!

Edited by Ross Ingersoll

3 minutes ago, Ross Ingersoll said:

Im not sure if saying pissed off (not to be confused with the UK meaning, Im not drunk) in these forums is allowed but after 4-5 days and countless hours of trying to get the Met Police finally paid off however there was one small problem. I find kits and 3d kits for my club, go to make my profile and notice I didnt select The north/south leagues as playable. arghh!!!

That has happened to me before 

End of Season Review

Season 2020/21

Kettering Town

KetteringTFC.png

League Table - A stunning season saw the club win the title and promotion to the Football League.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - Just like last year, we had long unbeaten runs.

F.A. Cup - A fantastic cup run finally came to an end away to Premier League Watford.  A win away to Championship side Reading in a replay was the obvious highlight.

F.A. Trophy - Another disappointing campaign, with Boston eliminating us in the second round in a replay.

Pre Season Friendlies - We played a lot of bigger teams, losing them all except for a 2-2 draw against Newcastle.

Squad - A good squad that should be capable of pushing for another promotion.  I am also aiming to keep some of the loanees for another season.

Youth Candidates - No golden generation this year, though Chris Hewitt looks like an exceptional prospect.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone seems to get on with everyone else!

Transfers In 1 & 2 - A lot of incomings as I continue with the policy of signing as many 4/5* potential teenagers released from bigger clubs as possible...

Transfers Out - ...which is already bearing fruit, as we broke the club transfer record for a player being sold several times.

Finances - Despite selling players, we are in the red, primarily due to the improvement in youth facilities.

Key Players

Niklas Haugland - He is only here on loan so I will try to acquire him for another season.  A terrific season, scoring 24 goals in his 41 games.

Gabriel Ogunseri - Another striker who is a loanee, his return was 20 goals in 39 games.

Kian Flanagan - Yet another player here on loan, the central midfielder was a revelation.

Oliver Shenton - A decent season for the central midfielder.

Dylan Crowe - The fact this is the fourth loan player on my key player list shows just how good the loan signings were.  This right wing back was virtually ever present.

Next Season

Is a third promotion too much to ask for?

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date          Contract Expiry Date          Wage Pre Tax          Wage After Tax
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    25 June 2018                 30 June 2020                       625 p/w                 475 p/w
2019/20    29 November 2019             30 June 2021                       725 p/w ↑               550 p/w ↑
2020/21    24 June 2020                 30 June 2022                       925 p/w ↑               650 p/w ↑

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2019/20    Nominal ↑ (1.25*) ↑   National B ↑↑             7 ↑   7 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   2 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   4 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑
2020/21    Decent ↑  (2.00*) ↑   Continental C ↑↑         10 ↑  10 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   3 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑  10 ↑   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data A'sis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation    Club Ranking  League Reputation    League Ranking   National Team Ranking
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Adequate             Below average     None                   Adequate              Average          Average            1.50 stars              N/a          1.00 star             140th                 7th
2019/20    Adequate =           Below average =   None =                 Adequate =            Good ↑↑          Established ↑↑     1.50 stars =            N/a =        1.00 star =           140th =              11th ↓
2020/21    Adequate =           Below average =   Basic ↑↑↑↑↑            Adequate =            Exceptional ↑↑   Extensive ↑↑       1.50 stars =            N/a =        1.50 stars ↑           93rd ↑               5th ↑

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20      54        39        9        6         145              62                 +83              72.22%              16.67%               11.11%                 2.69                    1.15
2020/21      56        39       10        7         148              61                 +87              69.64%              17.86%               12.50%                 2.64                    1.09

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------
2019/20    Vanarama National League North.
2020/21    Vanarama National League.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x Vanarama National League - 2020/21
1 x Vanarama National League North - 2019/20.

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                                     Position     F.A. Cup        League Cup      Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North                1st       First round         N/a         Appointed on 25 June 2018.  Promoted as champions.
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League                      1st       Fifth round         N/a         Promoted as champions.

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game     Time At Club
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20          54        39        9        6         145              62                 +83              72.22%              16.67%               11.11%                 2.69                    1.15                  312 days
2020/21         110        78       19       13         293             123                +170              70.91%              17.27%               11.82%                 2.66                    1.12                  691 days

1 minute ago, DazRTaylor said:

Completely unnecessary, but the board have done it anyway.  :idiot:

H1DUZaB.png

Well done on promotion, looking at the players they seem several leagues above the ones i had :eek:.

Is that stadium bigger than your current one, seems like a lot of debt for such a small stadium.

21 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

Well done on promotion, looking at the players they seem several leagues above the ones i had :eek:.

Is that stadium bigger than your current one, seems like a lot of debt for such a small stadium.

It is bigger, but only by 500 seats or so.  Completely pointless new stadium.