dafuge's FM19 challenge

I thought I'd give this challenge a go, have already completed a season, but forgot to upload my manager profile, so will do that before doing an update of the first season shortly. Chose Chesham United as the club I am to attempt this challenge with.

j4LUhyg.jpg

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chesham United

Chesham_United_F.C._logo.png

2019/2020

Overview

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

At game start we were predicted to finish bottom so I did not really see us challenging for the league this season, though some shrewd transfers improved our predicted finish to 9th. We had a great start to the season with us being the early pace setters alongside Havant and Waterlooville with both teams remaining undefeated until October. In October our form started to take a downturn, largely started after a cup and league double header against Havant & Waterlooville who won both fixtures. Including those fixtures we went on a run of 7 games in all competitions with the record of W 2 D 0 L 5 which culminated in Havant making a strong claim to 1st place in the league. After this poor run of form there was a long spell of postponed games due to waterlogged pitch and scraped results in cup competitions before we found ourselves 2-0 down against St. Albans, this was the turning point of the season that turned it from a respectable play-off challenge to a automatic promotion challenge, a few tweaks were made to the tactic which saw us overturn the 2 goal deficit and run rampant winning 6-2. With changes in tow, we managed to go on a strong run of form winning 13 of the next 15 games to give us a 7 point cushion at the league summit with 7 games remaining. Unfortunately we would then go on to lose 2 of the next 4 including to 2nd placed Havant before drawing on the penultimate game of the season to surrender our stint at the top of the table with one game remaining. This meant we would need to better Havant's result on the final game of the season to go up automatically. Thankfully we did the business in style winning 3-0 whilst Havant only managed to draw giving us the title by a solitary point.

FA CUP - Lost 4th Round Qualifying to Havant & Waterlooville  -  We were second best yet managed to score 3 goals in a 4-3 defeat 

FA TROPHY - Lost 2nd Round to Crawley Town - Crawley were too strong for us  winning 3-0 but the game may have been closer if we didn't get a soft red card in the 9th minute.

TRANSFERS - Lots of transfers in to flesh out my first team squad. (Two transfers not on screenshot were Mungo Bridges and Jake Walker)

PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Bradley Clayton - 37 League Goals in 37 League Games and one of the few players who was already at the club at the start of the season

FINANCES - No cup run meant we made a loss this season despite remaining below the wage budget

Next Season

I plan to avoid getting relegated back to the VNS, with my main areas of squad improvement to be Right Back, both Wing positions and Central Attacking Midfield hopefully all on permanent deals. Squad backups to be on cheap wages or on loan.

Edited by _JHTB_
Forgot to add Screenshots

Chesham United - Season 1

An absolute walkover. The team is really bad at the beginning (as in terrible), and rightly predicted to finish bottom,. But with no less than 26 new players arriving we went on to clinch the title with 10 games to go. I always find that the lower leagues are the easiest ones in this type of saves, probably because the AI managers at this level are really poor at tactics.

League: Promoted as Champions.

223734877_season1.thumb.png.c4618784c1ec0168447a576c77df84e1.png

FA Cup: 5th round (after some very fortunate draws)

FA Trophy: 3rd round

Key Players:

Bradley clayton with 25 goals in 35 games mainly playing as left wing

Jaanai Gordon with 16 goals in 27 games

Moritz Jenz & Jose Garrido excellent partnership as centre backs

Goal for the second season is definitely also promotion. Almost the entire team will be replaced with new free transfers. At the end of August we have already managed to pick up 11 new players, and I am particularly excited about Axel Prohouly and Jack Redshaw.

Having achieved promotion to the football league with two promotions in my three seasons in charge of Scarborough, the board fancied another one but didn't give me any increase in budget to help with this. We struggled and were poor but never in danger of relegation. The board however decided to sack me. Very disappointing but hey-ho.

Weighed up trying a different challenge but decided to have another crack. This time as South Shields.

On 16/03/2019 at 20:22, Andrew Haines said:

Having achieved promotion to the football league with two promotions in my three seasons in charge of Scarborough, the board fancied another one but didn't give me any increase in budget to help with this. We struggled and were poor but never in danger of relegation. The board however decided to sack me. Very disappointing but hey-ho.

Weighed up trying a different challenge but decided to have another crack. This time as South Shields.

very stiff to get the ass!

Hours I spent. Hours of reloading from June 24th. It was a lot longer than I'm proud to admit to realise that it's currently bugged and the 6 promoted teams get guaranteed at some point. 

Hours.

However, I had an autosave on 27th May, and if you holiday to the 25th June from there, you get different teams each time. Ten reloads later and...

nU1p81x.jpg

My love, my baby, my Redditch

I'll say it now, I've used downloaded tactics, scouting tools and real time editors my entire adult life. But the hollow victories are starting to wear thin, I need the real thing, like when I was a kid and before I slipped to the darkside.

Bloody hell is it hard to find players though. No bugger wants to join and all their attributes are masked and one cheeky so-and-so wanted a grand a week :seagull:

So the goal for my first season is simple. Embrace losing and don't get relegated. Simple.

BtJM3Kq.png

REDDITCH UNITED

Season 1 - 2019/20

Media Prediction - 22nd
Actual Finish - 3rd (lost in Playoff Final)

League Table
Squad

Transfers

My Profile

Season Summary

Play-off heartbreak. After being good value for a play-off finish the entire season, beating Guiseley 4-0 in the Semis and having home advantage, I thought we were favourites. I wasn't wrong, we dominated the Final but couldn't find an equaliser after going a goal down. We finally scored in the 90th minute which was no less that we deserved. The referee added on 3 minutes. In the 94th minute, Alfreton win a freekick some 30 yards out and proceed to wallop it in the top corner. I take my headset off, put my head in my hands, pace around the room and yell in despair. But I am not cheating, there was no alt+f4. It hurt, but my eventual success will be that much sweeter. An FA Cup run to the 3rd Round where we lost 0-4 away to Brighton gave us an extremely fortuitous windfall of £300k. As a result, we've been able to stay in the black and the Chairman agreed to improve our training facilities for £200k - the dynasty starts here.

A Season of Revelations

I learned a lot in this season: how I want to play, how I feel the game reacts to certain playstyles. My first great tactical revelation was noticing that i was conceding too many long shots. I upped the line of engagement, pressing urgency and added counter press. We were a counter-attacking team and weren't defensively strong enough to withstand long bouts of pressure. My hastily scrambled together team was starting to creak come the winter, but the latter half of the season was improved with the acquisition of some loanees, whom I'd had time to scout.

I went into this season with the goal "embrace losing and don't get relegated". We came within a sliver of scraping promotion so I am ultimately delighted with our over-achievement.

Best Players

Robert Magunda - A player generated by the game and here when I arrived. Top goalscorer, player of the season, captain and team leader. Built my entire system of direct passes into space to capitalise on his movement and pace.

Zac Smith - Showed genuine growth over the season, but will be hampered by playing at this level for another season. Assist king and will 100% be here next season.

Clayton McDonald -  Back for his THIRD spell at Redditch. A total rock at the back, despite my Assistant Manager telling me to drop him every week. Considered poor for the division; I want to keep hold of him but his wages are high (£350).

Next Season

Promotion, it's as simple as that. There's no York this year to annihilate the league, the teams coming down don't look too strong. Spennymoor (who finished 2nd) are likely to be the biggest obstacle. I plan to retain a small core of players but want to overhaul the first XI. I've got a bunch of players on my shortlist who are set for release. I want to sign an aerial ANIMAL up front. I don't care about his finishing, or dribbling. I want him strong, big, hard-working and brave. I need to increase the quality all over the pitch to avoid the play-offs, where you're at the mercy of dodgy referees who can't read their watch properly.

Season League Position FA Cup FA Trophy Europe Top Scorer Most Assists PotY Average Attendance Season Tickets Achievements Training Facilities Youth Facilities Junior Coaching Youth Recruitment
2019/20 National League North 3rd 3rd Round 3rd Round N/A Robert Magunda (36) Zac Smith (15) Robert Magunda 574 189 Lost in Play-off Final Poor Poor Minimal Limited
Edited by SuperRedditch

Chesham United

chesham_fallback.jpg

2020/21

SEASON OVERVIEW

VANARAMA NATIONAL LEAGUE - 1st (Promoted as Champions)

This season I was aiming to consolidate in the league whilst also hoping for a decent cup run to help with the finances but my team were not going to settle for a season of consolidation and went on to claim our second successive league title. The season started in a fashion that gave me confidence of surviving relegation however, we were culpable to concede a lot of goals, luckily we were also very adept at sticking them in ourselves, cue a run of 4 games in the league where we scored 16 and conceded 15 in just 4 games, no one could say our games were dull. Around October our form became very strong, and was maintained at a good level for most of the remainder of the season. Towards the end form tailed off, but by that point we had already tied up the league.

FA CUP - 3rd Round Proper - Knocked out by West Ham United in what is quite probably my largest ever defeat in Football Manager, 10-2, the silver cloud being it was at the London Stadium so a nice chunk of money came our way

FA TROPHY - We had the chance to add the FA Trophy to our acheivments this year but unfortunately succumbed to a 2-1 defeat to Notts County in the final

Overall, a very successful season, a shame not to have won the FA Trophy, but hopefully I won't have any opportunity to win it in the future.

TRANSFERS - I had come into this season aiming just to add to the strength in depth, but ended up getting myself virtually a brand new first XI, though the wage budget was only increased from 4k p/w to 5k p/w which seemed reasonable for a higher divison

PLAYER OF THE SEASON - Muhammadu Faal - Signed towards the end of last season from Kingstonian the Left Winger scored an impressive 29 League goals whilst also providing 10 assists. A notable mention also has to go to the previous seasons' player of the season, Bradley Clayton who managed to amass 24 goals

FINANCES - The cup run meant our bank balance was healthy and the board agreed to improvement of Youth Facilities, Junior Coaching Budget and Youth Recruitment which will hopefully lead to us getting some useful prospects through our ranks.

Next Season

I'm not so sure what to expect from next season but serious strengthening in defense is needed not least to try and reduce the sheer number of goals conceded, 80 for the team winning the league is alarming. In spite of the number of goals both Clayton and Faal scored, I also want to strengthen the Forward options at the Club, Clayton whilst scoring 24 only managed 6 in the last 19 matches of the season. The primary aim is to ensure we are not immediately relegated back to non-league whilst doing our best to keep the club in the black, which could prove tricky when cost of turning professional and ensuring the ground is at league standard are taken into account. Hopefully another cup run with an away day at a large ground to help with this as we've yet to have many saleable assets.

aMPoNwj.png

Having an issue with the save reloading to find the club I'd like.

So I set up the game like this. Competitions: England, Scotland, Ireland, North Ireland and Wales. Database: loaded all players from UK&I and top clubs Europe (around 40k players)

Now in the intro it stated that going on holiday until June 24th and saving then would give me the option to pick the club I'd want come June 25th. For some reason it are always the same clubs who got promoted.

I'd really like a Merthyr Town FC save, I got them last night but then I realized I screwed up the player attribute masking and had to reload.

2 hours ago, yipster1986 said:

Now in the intro it stated that going on holiday until June 24th and saving then would give me the option to pick the club I'd want come June 25th. For some reason it are always the same clubs who got promoted.

I'd really like a Merthyr Town FC save, I got them last night but then I realized I screwed up the player attribute masking and had to reload.

It’s bugged since patch 19.3. I’m not 100% sure when the cutoff point is, by if you save at May 27th and holiday until June 25th you’ll get different teams.

hopefully you’ve got an auto save.

I can say for a fact that June 10th will still give you the same teams. My gut says it starts happening at June 1st but I never put effort into testing it once I found a date that worked.

Edited by SuperRedditch

1 hour ago, SuperRedditch said:

It’s bugged since patch 19.3. I’m not 100% sure when the cutoff point is, by if you save at May 27th and holiday until June 25th you’ll get different teams.

hopefully you’ve got an auto save.

I can say for a fact that June 10th will still give you the same teams. My gut says it starts happening at June 1st but I never put effort into testing it once I found a date that worked.

Thank you. I'll sim once again until May 27th, save and then reload until I get what I want.

Edit: Got it on my second try! Yay

Edited by yipster1986
Update

ca33f363be32ea22d7c3cc5388b18808.png

I know i'm one of a few that got South Shields, but is was an easy choice.

My other options being, Kettering, Tamworth, Chesham, Kingstonian or Warrington.

Transfers In

Senior Squad

Finances

c69470f148ee74660dcbd40107302df2.png

Started very well and then the realisation of our squads quality set in. But, top half is my aim with the resources.

9f6f4f45c72e90a20fcf44d3ad0c0c9a.png

Southport and Blyth scoring freely with both their main striker already in double figures. We're hanging about where we want to be.

BtJM3Kq.png

REDDITCH UNITED

Season 2 - 2020/21

National League North

Media Prediction - 9th
Actual Finish - 2nd (Won Play-offs)

League Table

Transfers

My Profile

The Squad

Season Summary

Well, that was emotional. Pop quiz: When is 97 points, the most goals scored and least conceded not enough to win the league? When Kidderminster Harriers score a 95th minute winner in their game to pip you to the league title by one point. I've never experienced a season like this. We DOMINATED but were ultimately facing the play-offs once again, with mediocre form and top scorer Robert Magunda out-of-sorts. Memories of last season's heartbreak was fresh...

...not this time.

Elsewhere we managed an excellent FA Cup run, culminating in an away draw against Liverpool, where we kept it to a very respectable 0-2. If I thought Brighton Away last season was a a bonanza, this was something else. A cool £1m directly into my coffers, which was immediately directed towards training and youth improvements. The FA trophy was disappointing, fixture congestion forced me into playing a second-string side against Oxford City, and we fell to a humiliating 2-4 home loss in the Second Round.

Notable Players

Elliot Hewitt- Extremely solid full-back with a devastating long throw. 

Callum Howe - Signed half-way through the season and is sure to start in the National League next year. Good mental stats.

Zac Smith - Once again the assist king on the wing. Awful mental attributes give me serious cause for concern, but very young and will have chances to impress next season.

Max Haygarth - Mesmerising, magnificent, frustrating at times. I made him my highest earner after he was released from Man Utd and it wasn't until the 2nd half of the season that I truly unlocked his ability as a CM(Attack). 15 goals from CM is no joke.

Robert Magunda - I tried to phase him out but he was having none of it. This guy must have hidden attributes out the wazoo, cos up until the last 10 games of the season he was absolutely lethal. Now a club icon.

Ryan Loft - Signed as a replacement TM for a failed striker who's not even worth mentioning here. Will start next season if I persist with 4-4-2 but unsure on what system I'm going to be playing yet.

Ogo Obi - Was supposed to replace Magunda in the first XI but ended up playing off him for the first half of the season. Wouldn't discuss a new contract and agreed a deal with a Nigerian club in January on 3x his wage. 

Next Season

I honestly don't know. My players think we'll struggle to survive, my coaches think only one of them is of National League quality and we aren't a very attractive prospect in all honesty. In the past I'd use more nefarious means to find players but as we're playing this straight I think survival has to be the goal and anything else is just a bonus. I'll strengthen where I can. I want to move to Vertical Tiki-Taka at some point, but I don't think I have the personnel required and am probably best sticking to a direct, counter-attacking approach, for now.

EtAka2a.png

Edited by SuperRedditch

My Merthyr save is a lot harder then I expected. 

Currently hanging one point above degradation zone, not even halfway through the season so nothing is lost.

The only 2 good players I got are my both strikers and they are a similar type of player. Fast. So I'm trying a plain 442 and trying to hit them on the break. Chance wise I get about 3 to 4 CCC's a game but I get hammered in the back because I'm sitting deep to create space for them to attack.

Plus the players I can sign really are not of the calibre I need :D It's hard, I love it!

Currently towards the end of my first season with Harringay , streaming the whole thing on twitch as well @mrcheesefc , hopefully it's not against the rules to advertise that.

Enjoying it so far and promotion looks a possibility 

BtJM3Kq.png

REDDITCH UNITED

Season 3 - 2021/22

National League

Media Prediction - 20th
Actual Finish - 1st (Champions!)

League Table

Transfers

My Profile

The Squad

Season Summary

Incredible. I went into this season expecting consolidation but we consistently picked up points throughout the entire season and a run of  8 wins in the last 9 games saw us clinch the title with one game to spare. I owe a lot of this to Rashidi, whose videos on YouTube (Bustthenet) have revolutionised the way in which I approach creating tactics. The trusty counter-attacking 442 was creaking with 10 games of the season to go, and our strikers had all forgotten how to score. A switch to a possession-based 433 Wide (because I have no DMs or AMs in my squad) and a high press changed our fortunes and culminated in the aforementioned run.

To top off such an achievement, we were also crowned FA Trophy Champions - which was a delightful send-off to non-league football. There was no fortuitous FA Cup windfall this year, however, as we crashed out in the 2nd Round at home to Tranmere, who beat me in all three fixtures this season. 

The FA Cup tie last season against Liverpool has bankrolled our entire year, but the planned training ground improvements were canned and we've consistently hemorrhaged money each month. Redditch is no London club, we're a tiny speck some 15 miles from Birmingham and gates are low. Strong cup performances are keeping us afloat though.

Notable Players

Harry Burgoyne - Gets a mention simply for saving a penalty in 3rd-last game whilst 1-0 up. Solid keeper and set National League clean sheet record.

Callum Howe - Appointed vice-captain at the start of the season and rose from 'Other Player' to 'Team Leader' over the course of the season.

Max Haygarth - Honestly, a bit disappointing. Finishing of 4 very obvious in advanced role, so eventually slotted into DLP position. His agent hates me but I managed to tie him down on another 2 year deal.

Zac Smith - Started as 2nd choice but won back his spot over the course of the season. Most assists AGAIN, player of the year. Did not develop but with full-time training I hope to see improvement.

Robert Magunda - From October until February he averaged almost a goal a game. Then he couldn't hit a barn door for 10 matches. Still the league top scorer but VERY marginalised with one up front. I love him, I want his babies and want to keep him at the club until he retires, even if he never plays, but I just can't envisage him getting many games in League Two. Single-handedly stopped Max Haygarth leaving the club at the start of the season. Role as Team Leader not undervalued. Did I mention I want his babies?

Virgil Gomis - Signed as Magunda's replacement but couldn't dislodge him as Poacher, instead found a place as a DLF. The shift to 433 Wide saw him as an IF(A) on the left, which he excelled at. Versatile, good goal record, misses sitters.

Next Season

It's gotta be consolidate, I'm just can't see me competing with the big boys of League Two. I need to score more corners and concede less Indirect Free-kicks. I need to sign players that fit into 4-1-4-1 and 4-2-3-1 interchangeably, because our current squad is very one dimensional.

lgihuin.png

Edited by SuperRedditch

Kingstonian FC

Championship 24/25

Again this feels like a long time ago but all I remember is thinking we had no chance of staying up with our squad, somehow we ended up winning it!  By far the lowest budget in the league and on paper a really weak looking squad except for some decent loan players.  No idea how it was done but we did it!

League Table

EF4850DB38761FE983A6A049D20484AAEC2C76AB

Transfers

Just a weird bunch of loan signings and punts on lower league rejects

7C2F1F891809495E2C168DCFC9A0BF91012F7EC2

Key Players

Chelsea did let us have a bloody good striker on loan though..

035C68948F271CF7C95D4DEA85E76795768F18F3

AA0173A42B88625898772E421B9BEF64F7408433

A494364EDEA52307E322FDC7C5E7431D088E256F

Squad - Wages

3BC5F9C23EE2FFEEEDF1D1EF37307CBBC936772B

Acheivements

image.thumb.png.c72fc9f080f2af951167215977c3d38a.png

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Premier League - 2033/34

This season we had the tough task of defending our Premier League title at the same time as making our Champions League debut.

League Table - we never really challenged the leaders, spending most of the season between 2nd and 5th.

Community Shield - a fairly simple win for our first time in this one.

Carabao Cup - we went one better than last season and lifted our first major cup.

FA Cup - we lost out in a thriller with United.

UEFA Champions League - our away form cost us badly as we folded at the Nou Camp.

Squad - the squad is well balanced, but I still have a couple of weaker positions.

Transfers - I made a profit as I improved a few squad players.

Finances - we are rich.

Key Player Profiles:

Bright Abdullahi - top scorer again, but at some point we will not be able to afford his contract.

Filip Maes - he's starting to look like our first choice winger.

Mateo Pereira - hopefully there's more to come from this new signing.

Vusimuzi Khuzwayo - a bargain at £700k.

Stuart Ewen - seems to have recovered from his bad injury last season.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20     National League South        4th          Playoff semi finalists
2020/21     National League South        8th          
2021/22     National League South        10th          
2022/23     National League South        5th          Playoff winners
2023/24     National League              11th           
2024/25     National League              8th     
2025/26     National League              1st          Promoted as champions
2026/27     League Two                   1st          Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2027/28     League One                   1st          Promoted as champions
2028/29     Championship                 1st          Promoted as champions
2029/30     Premier League               8th          
2030/31     Premier League               5th          
2031/32     Premier League               5th          League Cup finalists
2032/33     Premier League               1st          Europa League finalists
2033/34     Premier League               4th          League Cup winners
Next Season:

Dropping down to 4th was disappointing, but understandable given the new focus on the Champions League. Hopefully next season I can improve the squad depth to give us a better chance of competing in both.

Scarborough Athletic

Scarborough_Athletic_FC_CMYK_Logo.jpg.5554bf444faae783a7055a9337070dd5.jpg 

Conference North– 2019/20 – 7th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A solid first season saw us scrape into the playoffs. We were solidly beaten in the playoff first round by FC United 6-1 but promotion was not expected and may well have been too soon.

The squad is still fairly weak. We have a handful of decent players but I’d be surprised to see may last to the end of next season as first choices.

Oddly, we had a board takeover at the end of the season and with no real note to update why, moved from the Flamingo Land Stadium to play in Goole. Exactly the same happened I think in my previous game as Scarborough although that time I didn’t notice the stadium move until midway through the season. As an East Yorkshire lad I can promise you that Scarborough and Goole are absolutely not local..

Key Players

Omari Sterling-James – Winger signed from Brackley, hit 8 goals in 26 games.

Luke Lofts – One of a few players to pre-date me in the squad. Scored 28 goals from midfield!

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20         Conference North                7th                                             Playoff First Round  

On 31/03/2019 at 23:06, KyleHyde said:

Btw how do you spell Haringey? Is it her-in-jay or har-in-gay?

Ha - rin - gay.

There's actually two spellings, Haringey is the name of the borough and it's Harringay for the name of the area.

Scarborough_Athletic_FC_Club_Crest.thumb.jpg.20979a54d03d580bc482cf70eb8d0168.jpg

Scarborough Athletic 2027/28 Season Review

"Scarborough had been expected to finish in the top half of the table and will have been delighted to find themselves finishing in the playoff places.

The Seadogs finished the campaign in red-hot form that propelled them to 2nd place, providing them with the platform to go on and exceed expectations by reaching the playoffs."

League Table | Squad | Tactics | Transfers | Finances

Competitions Summary

As a contrast of last season, this season was one marked by consistency. Never falling lower than 7th, we soon rose to 3rd and stayed there for most of the season, occasionally rising to 2nd and falling to 4th. We had a little bit of a wobble in late January which climaxed in an embarrassing 5-1 defeat at home to mid table Worcester, but we were back on track immediately after that, losing just 3 of our remaining league fixtures. We had some great wins this season; 5-1 at home to Southport, 6-2 away to  Halifax and 4-0 away to eventual champions Solihull Moors. We finished as the league's top scorers, scoring 94 times and finishing with a goal difference of +44. Our problem this season was when we lost, we lost comprehensively, giving ourselves no chance of a comeback; 6 of our 10 defeats in the league were lost by 2 or more goals. We eventually finished in 3rd place, getting ourselves seeded for the playoffs. Unfortunately, we faced Halesowen, a bogey team of ours, and they beat us 1-0 at home in the playoff semi-final, scoring in the 5th minute of a closely fought match that didn't have many highlights.

In the cups, we had decent runs; we got to the First Round of the FA Cup, losing 3-0 away to Fylde after taking them to a replay, while Tranmere beat us 3-1 at home in the Second Round of the FA Trophy. The good cup runs of the last few seasons have been a major factor in our debt being hugely reduced, so I'm hoping that another good run next season, coupled with some glamour friendlies in preseason (we've a guaranteed €30,000 coming in from a friendly with Bolton) should see our debts wiped out by the end of next season, hopefully allowing us to invest more into wage budget so I can sign higher quality players.

Squad Summary

It was a great effort from the squad this season, with an impressive 12 players recording an average rating of at least 7.00. I'll mention the top 6 players here:

• Shane Stratton: I can't believe this fella was a free agent for almost 6 months before we signed him last season. A outstanding player for this level, he had a hand in an astonishing 53 goals in 49 appearances, finishing as the league's top scorer on 28 goals. If we get a similar effort from him next season, we can hopefully challenge for the title once again.
  • Derek Lowson: A solid left back for this level who can also do a job for us in wide midfield, 6 assists and some brilliant defensive work sees him firmly in my plans going ahead. He's very close to his peak at the moment, so fingers crossed that we get another few seasons out of him.
  • Geoff Graham: A man reborn in his new role as a right midfielder, he scored 12 times, assisting a further 12, which he combined with all-round good performances on the wing. Hard to think I was thinking of getting rid of him after his shocker that was his first season; I only kept him in the end because I couldn't find a better right midfielder.
  • Stuart Hunt: Similar to Stratton, a player of his quality shouldn't have been a free agent for so long before we picked him up to shore up our defence last season. A rock in the defence who is still yet to peak, he also chipped in with 3 goals in the league.
  • Dane Darnborough: Initially signed as a back up player to Jack Middleton, he was soon thrust into first team action when Middleton left us for Tranmere towards the end of August. He ended up doing better than Middleton probably would have, although he may have to take a back seat role next season as I've my eye on a few other right backs, but Darnborough would still be a quality option who I would have no hesitation is using. 
  • Aaron Connolly: Belying my AssMan's opinion of him, Connolly scored a respectable 11 goals in 35 league appearances from his role as a Pressing Forwards, although he did see less action towards the end of the season with the arrival of Keiran Yoffe. I have to say it's a little bit odd seeing Connolly becoming not good enough for my National League North side at 28 when he should be approaching his peak as he is quite highly rated in real life, but a spell at Blackpool earlier in his career where he hardly played more than likely seriously harmed his development. 
Season  | League | Position | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Trophies/Milestones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 | VNLN   |   9th    | 3rd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 21st, finished 9th
2020/21 | VNLN   |   17th   | 2nd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 22nd, finished 17th
2021/22 | VNLN   |   7th    | 2nd QR |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 22nd, finished 7th, lost in Playoff Final
2022/23 | VNLN   |   15th   | 3rd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 20th, finished 15th
2023/24 | VNLN   |   2nd    | 4th QR |  2nd Rnd  | Expected to finish 20th, finished 2nd, promoted via playoffs
2024/25 | VNLN   |   20th   | 4th QR |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 24th, finished 20th, avoided relegation
2025/26 | VNLN   |   23rd   | 1st R  |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 24th, finished 23rd, relegated
2026/27 | VNLN   |   13th   | 1st R  |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 14th, finished 13th
2027/28 | VNLN   |   3rd    | 1st R  |  2nd Rnd  | Expected to finish 12th, finished 3rd, lost in Playoff Semi-Final

BtJM3Kq.png

REDDITCH UNITED

Season 4 - 2022/23

League Two

Media Prediction - 21st
Actual Finish - 3rd (Promoted)

League Table

Transfers

My Profile

The Squad

Season Summary

Well, we got promoted, somehow. I don't even feel good about it though. The last 13 games of the season were an absolute travesty, with a record of W3 D7 L3. Nine points were thrown away from conceding goals after the 80th minute during this run. I tried 3 systems, I swapped personnel but the tactics which had us top of the league with 10 games to go just stopped working. Don't get me wrong, we massively over-performed this season: we had one player of true League Two quality, but the end of season slump was inexcusable, and even after we scraped automatic promotion, on goal difference, after drawing 0-0 in the final game whilst having 0 shots on target, there was a bad taste left in my mouth.

The cups were useless this year, knocked out to West Ham in the League Cup, Burton in the FA Cup and Luton in the Checkatrade. No cup run, had to prioritise the League.

FInancially we're okay. The board injected about 500k in total to keep us ticking over this year, we can't turn a profit but we're just about in the black. It'll stay that was until the Premier League big bucks. We're going to have awful training and youth facilities until then so there's no point in me attempting to develop young players.

Notable Players

Michail Bastos - Player of the year. A really, really solid left back from Arsenal.

Demeaco Duhaney - Possesses genuine quality as an offensive full-back. Want to combine him with an Inside Forward next season if possible.

Joe Powell - Set piece specialist. Top scorer. Match-winner one week and totally invisible the next. A frustrating player and at times only played for his delivery from dead ball situations.

Robert Magunda - It's time to say goodbye, old friend. Couldn't cut the mustard in League Two, has no chance in League One. Shame he couldn't reach 'Legend' status, but I will remember him for the rest of my life.

Robert, Robert Magunda scores all the goals for me
Dah dah dah dahdah dah dah dah dahdah

(To the tune of Heartbeat)

That's it. Everyone else was bang average.

Next Season

I keep saying 'consolidate' but I genuinely think I'm going to struggle next season. My squad is considered to be 'National League' in quality and I haven't got a clear idea of how I want to line up. I played 4-2-3-1 for the majority of this season but toyed with 4-3-1-2 and 4-1-2-3.

My plans will be the same as always, get a metric ton of trials in, improve the squad as much as I possibly can with whoever is even remotely interested. Cut the dead wood (there is a lot of dead wood) and go in expecting the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

164i6yn.png

This season was really draining. I know, I know we went up but it was bloody hard work at the end.

Edited by SuperRedditch

Scarborough Athletic

Conference North– 2020/21 – 7th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

My second season in charge was a little disappointing. We were inconsistent all season and I struggled to bring in the quality of players I needed. In the end we scraped into the last playoff spot in 7th place. A run of good form in the run in prompted by the arrival of striker Harvey Knibbs pushed us up the table.

In the playoffs I had low expectations. We would face three games, all away from home to secure promotion. We thrashed Kettering 3-1 in the 1st round game. In the semi final we faced Kidderminster and dominated them all game. 25 shots to their 9 was not enough and with no goals the game drifted towards penalty kicks after extra time. We hit the post in the 118th minute and that looked to be that. In the 122nd minute however Kidderminster striker Jaiden White ran clear of the defence, the keeper parried his shot straight back to his feet and he tucked away a dramatic winner. And so ended the season.

We will have a further season in the Conference North. Hopefully I can bring a better level of player this season. My attacking quartet is fine but defence and midfield need much improvement. Financially we are fine. We have effectively broken even the past two seasons.

Key Players

Max Wright  - Ex-Grimsby winger scored 18 goals from the left flank.

Arxhend Cani – Kosovan playmaker released by Bradford, added double figures in goals and assists.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20         Conference North                7th                                             Playoff First Round  
2020/21         Conference North                7th                                             Playoff Semi-Final  

Logo.png.6b74f2977c14a9f928cc7a9a168b8ce1.png

Stalybridge Celtic Season 7 2025/26

Championship

League - If you offered me 7th in the league before the season I would have snapped your hands for it.  But after reflection, im quite disappointed how the year ended. I had two really bad runs that cost us a play off spot at the very least. The season started off ok and found myself in third after 7 rounds but then the first poor spell hit which took us to 16th 5 games later.  At that point I thought we may be sucked into a relegation battle. But the team settled after that and we dominated games on our way back up into the play off spots which we remained between game 24 to the third last game.  Alas, in the final game of the year I was 1 point behind 6th and was home against Brentford in 17th and Norwich was home to Wigan who were 9th.  I conceded early Norwich scored the slim chance I was living off was virtually over.   Wigan equalised in injury time in the first half but we went into the break 1 down despite dominating the possession and chanced. Made some slight adjustments at half time which worked and banged in 2 goals in 5 mins to be sitting in 6th! Scored a third around the 70th min to seal my game and just needed Wigan to hold on to their draw.   Norwich waited until the 83rd minute to break my heart with what ended up being a 3 – 1 win to them in the end.

Nathan Cooper on loan from Liverpool won player of the year scoring 12 and 9 assists ave rating 7.36 playing from MC but is heading Philadelphia on a bosman, was super close to signing him on a pittance but he wouldn’t accept what I could offer at the time.

David Linley on loan from Swansea won young player of the year scoring 19 from 25 starts. My dip in form culminated with him being injured for the last 3 months of the season. Will definitely try bring him back next year

Squad     Past Positions      Transfers     Finances

Improved in the FA Cup again this year making it to the 5th round but wasn’t fortunate enough to get a money spinner out of it.  Had Man City in the 5th but that was at home and with my stadium holding less than 6,000, we didn’t make much out of it. Positive is that we did beat a premier league side in Stoke in the 4th round.   In the Carabao, we got knocked out by Oldham in the 1st round who almost got relegated from League 2!  You can imagine my disappointment here!

Finances were ok, didn’t sell many players this year round but managed to keep finance in the black before solidarity payments. Getting a few bids for my key players after the season but im looking to build from here for the promotion bid next season so will have to be quite strategic who I let go and who we bring in.  Budget is still going to be tight.

Board have announced they are increasing they stadium capacity by 1,700 seats at a cost of 2m and should be ready by October.  Hopefully that can yield us some more coin coming in.

image.thumb.png.6ed0b62ef288c7ca000a89704f8e436a.png

Has anyone found that upon reaching League One people start wanting insane wages? I'm talking 5k p/w for a First Team player and 3k for a backup. The most I paid in League Two was 1.2k and that was only for my 3 best players. Everyone is asking for almost the exact same contract, even players who were on 800 or 1k at their previous club suddenly want 5k a week. It feels extremely contrived and gamey, I literally can't sign anyone, even players who are similar to my current squad want crazy wages. A bloke who was in the National League last year wants 5k. It's really impacting my squadbuilding and enjoyment.

Edited by SuperRedditch

Kingstonian FC - England - Kingstonian Football Club ...

Kingstonian FC - 2019/20 

Been a few years since I have given this a proper go so I've gone again, forgot to screenshot a before manager shot but here I am after the end of the first season. For clarity I did start with no badges and gained them during the season

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eb54dca964ffafb35d6df484408c4dda.png 

Outcome -

Spoiler

Promoted as Champions!

The league:

I had targeted a mid-table berth this year in order to consolidate the promotion that had brought Kingstonian into the challenge. That said I managed to recruit some very good quality loan signings from my new Parent club Burton. Unfortunately with lack of foresight I only tied them down for 6 months which was a problem in the mid-season as neither would renew!

We started off slowly only achieving 17 points off the first 11 games putting us in a solid mid-table position, albeit with a very close table. By the half way point we had established ourselves in the playoffs with 37 points from 21. The table at this point had only 9 points between 1st and 13th. So I knew it was anyones game at this point.

It was at this point my loan signings left.

Turns out this was a blessing in disguise as it forced me to slightly change my formation to accommodate the players I could bring in. We went from a flat back 442 to a 4123 with Lewis Walker leading my line (he ended up with 23 goals from 37 after scoring 6 from 17(4).)

We went on an absolute storming run only losing twice in all competitions in the 2020 half of the season, albeit with quite a few draws.

We ended up winning the title away to the team who where in 2nd with 3 to go Dulwich Hamlet 2-3 with an 89th min winner from Walker.

Star Men:

I always make a point in the VNS to have a slightly larger squad than normal to ensure plenty of rotation so it is hard to pick a single star so I have three:

Muhammadu Faal on the left wing ending with an average rating of 7.46 with 28 goals and 10 assists from 42 games.

David Fitzpatrick on the right wing 7.19 with 10 goals and 13 assists from 41 games.

Lewis Walker as lone striker 7.19 with 23 goals and 1 assist from 37 games. 

Cups:

I am a firm believer in the importance of cups, particularly in the early part of this challenge particularly when you start with a very meager budget.

Fortunately we got fairly lucky with the FA cup draw, getting through the first two rounds with little issue. In the 4th Qualifying round we were given an away draw to Maidenhead (whom ended finishing 2nd behind us) fortunately we overcame them 2-1.

In the first round proper we drew the "glamour" tie of league one Rotherham away, a definite bonus for the bank manager, we managed to get a replay but were ultimately beaten.

We were given a much tougher run in the FA Trophy drawing VNS opposition twice followed by a team on form in the VNL who knocked us out in the 3rd round

Finances:

Not a pretty picture, the board has invested about £170k in the club this year and we have gone into the season £48k in the red. This is despite my cup run and being at 75% of my wage budget. This is something I will need to keep a close eye on this season.

What next?:

Next season offers a huge challenge, my squad has been very reliant on depth but my budget has only gone up by £2000 per week. I may struggle to improve my depth enough to stay up.

Season          League                                   League Finish     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20         Vanarama National League South             1st          Champions! 1st round FA and 3rd round FAT

image.png

On 04/04/2019 at 11:20, SuperRedditch said:

Has anyone found that upon reaching League One people start wanting insane wages? I'm talking 5k p/w for a First Team player and 3k for a backup. The most I paid in League Two was 1.2k and that was only for my 3 best players. Everyone is asking for almost the exact same contract, even players who were on 800 or 1k at their previous club suddenly want 5k a week. It feels extremely contrived and gamey, I literally can't sign anyone, even players who are similar to my current squad want crazy wages. A bloke who was in the National League last year wants 5k. It's really impacting my squadbuilding and enjoyment.

I did not find that at all, most of my players barely wanted any increase on promotion from L2 to L1, my best players went from 1.4k to 1.8k.  I think it may be to do with the players expectations of where you will finish and squad strength. The worse the squad the more money players seem to want.

Scarborough Athletic

Conference North– 2021/22 – 1st

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Promotion at the third time of asking as champions. Having not lost until October, it was a fairly comfortable. A 15 point gap to Chorley in 2nd place suggest this. The core of the side that finished last season stayed for this although I was able to recruit three excellent players in November/December in Regan Poole, Brad Lyons and Lewis O’Brien with the later two filling the two central midfield berths and the former strengthening the defence.

Financially we are fairly solid with the bank balance fairly static at 250k. The board have announced a new stadium which will be good. Hopefully the current squad can have a good crack at the conference national but a few additions, particularly the 3 positions in the attacking midfield strata.

Key Players

Brad Lyons – Once a regular at Bradford City, performed exceptionally in a deep lying playmaker role.

Harvey Knibbs – ex-Aston Villa stirker scored an impressive 32 goals in 49 games.

Record

2020/21         Conference North                7th                                             Playoff Semi-Final  
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             Promoted, Champions

HendonFcCrest.png

Hendon FC 2021-2022

The 2020-2021 season was awful and best forgotten as we survived again but it required a tie on the last day to stay up on goal difference with 38 points.

League Table - Things went better this season as we survived comfortably with 49 points and a -6 GD, finishing 16th. Good start, slump in the middle that dropped us into the bottom 3 and a good finish, pretty typical for us.

We had a good run in the FA Cup that helped our finances a bit. Won our first two games comfortably enough over Leatherhead and St. Albans, Then we drew VNL side Bromley and outplayed them at home, ending with an unlucky 0-0 draw. But then we went to their house and dominated 3-1. That got us a televised match at home against League 1 Mansfield where we fought hard but ultimately fell 0-2.

In the FA Trophy we defeated Slough in extra time in a replay, beat Bower & Pitsea 1-0 in the first round, then fell to VNL Boreham Wood 0-1.

Key Players

Giorgio Rasulo was definitely our signing of the year, the AMC from MK Dons was our leading goal scorer and assist man with 10 and 12 in all competitions.

Jaden Charles also had a major impact playing as a playmaker and inverted winger on the left, he scored 9 goals. and had 6 PotM. This was his second season with us, he actually signed with Barnet in the offseason but then returned on loan. Hoping to get him back again next season.

Finances

Just 68K in the red after a cash infusion. We are also building a new 3,000 seat stadium as we've been renting one from Edgeware the past three seasons. Next year we'll play in Barnet's stadium, which is appropriate as they've been an unofficial affiliate for us.

Looking ahead, I desperately need some goal scoring from my striker. Last year's starter only netted 9

Season League Position FA Cup FA Trophy   Notes
2019/20 Vanarama South 19th 3QF 1st Round   Survived
2020/21 Vanarama South 19th 4QF 3QF   Survived on last day
2021/22 Vanarama South 16nd 1st Round 2nd Round   Survived comfortably

Edited by Tecmo

Kingstonian FC - England - Kingstonian Football Club ...

Kingstonian FC - 2020/21 - VNL

Outcome -

Spoiler

Top Half finish

The league:

This year was all about survival, we started as heavy favorites to go straight back down in 23rd as 1000-1 picks for the title. 

I prepared for the season with significant movement in the transfer market with 11 signings and a significant amount of dead wood moved on including a large portion of wages.

We came out of the blocks at an unreal pace getting 13 points from our first 5 fixtures, this turned out to be a false dawn however with us attaining 7 points from the next 10 fixtures.

A jam packed December was crucial for us with 9 fixtures in all competitions and we took 12 points from the 7 league fixtures.

Our patchy form continued for the second half of the season struggling to get more than 2 wins on the bounce.

In the end we finished 11th with 64 points, 23 points off relegation and 15 off playoffs. I would have certainly taken this at the start of the season!

Star Man:

Jordan Adebayo-Smith - Loan striker from Lincoln - Absolutely lethal up top 27 goals from 41(9) in all comps with 3 assists for a rating of 7.18. Unfortunately looks like I won't be able to get him back next year so will have to look elsewhere

Cups:

One word for this section: Outstanding.

This year we really had a good go here making the 4th Round of the FA cup, knocking out London rivals Dagenham and Redbridge, Braintree, Stevenage before drawing Premier League Watford at home in round 3. 

We earned a draw in front of the TV cameras to get the lucrative replay we'd been looking for. However we were not done yet JAS and Faal putting two early goals in before a 70th Min Peno for Watford setting up a nervous last 20. We held on and drew Leicester in the 4th round at home. Alas this is where the dream ended losing respectably 1-0. 

In the FA trophy we lost to Crewe in the 3rd round in extra time after being 2-0 up after 60 mins.

Finances:

Vastly improved £401k in the bank at the end of the season.

£141,750 from FA cup TV money (3 appearances).

£138,000 in prize money

And a huge increase in Gate Receipts up to £687k mostly due to additional cup revenue.

Interestingly we moved to Brisbane Road to ground share with Leyton Orient this year giving us a 9k capacity for cup games. We have remained Semi-Pro

What next?:

A little flirt with the playoffs if I can but my main goal is to reshape the squad from a mostly VNS squad with loan signings to a league two ready squad. A cup run for extra finances would be helpful here.

Season          League                                   League Finish     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Vanarama National League                   11th         Top half finish, 4th round FA cup 3rd round FAT.
2019/20         Vanarama National League South             1st          Champions! 1st round FA and 3rd round FAT

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Premier League - 2034/35

Last season we failed to defend our Premier league title, so the aim for this season was to win it back.

League Table - we cruised to the title, the others never really challenged us.

Carabao Cup - the red card didn't help, but we got hammered.

FA Cup - we only conceded one goal on our way to lifting the cup.

UEFA Champions League - the route to the final was favourable, but we sealed it in extra time in the final against a strong PSG side.

Squad - we badly need a quality left back.

Transfers - I wasted £40m on a youngster only for my long term target to become available weeks later.

Finances - a decent profit.

Key Player Profiles:

Bright Abdullahi - top scorer again, he's now our captain.

Vusimuzi Khuzwayo - another one of our outstanding strikers.

Robert Beale - the record signing.

Daniel Lawal - he's back to being first choice.

Borrachinha - a decent DM is so important.

Career Overview:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2026/27     League Two                   1st          Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2034/35     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
Next Season:

The squad is a couple of signings away from perfection, so I'm hoping we can start to compete for every available trophy.

So after a long time teasing with various different careers, I finally decided to give this a proper shot after gaining more experience in recent editions in various lower leagues, which had been my previous undoing as I was completely stuck.

I went in with the intention of getting either Burgess Hill, Lewes or Whitehawk, as all three are local to me and I have a connection with in some way. However looking at the reputation list, I knew it'd be quite unlikely to get Burgess Hill and to a lesser extent Lewes, so I somewhat settled on Whitehawk, my place of birth and where I lived for the first couple of years of my life.

And so here we go, the new manager of Whitehawk. With a media prediction of 15th, I expected us to be safe, although the bookies gave us almost zero chance of going up, so I was determined to prove them wrong and go up first time of asking. Hopefully this could be accomplished with some astute signings.

Here's my profile.

As I wasn't expecting our finances to remain positive for too long, I also went ahead and requested a coaching badge immediately before they could decline due to our finances, luckily they accepted and this was a good start to my career already.

I have actually already completed the first season, as I wanted to complete a season before posting in here and comitting to anything, so I will write up how the first season went a bit later on.

Scarborough_Athletic_FC_Club_Crest.thumb.jpg.5f2b1205a1479bfcde9d7c21f94b4c7c.jpg

Scarborough Athletic 2028/29 Season Review

"Scarborough had been expected to be in the running for a playoff place but ultimately flattered to deceive and will be disappointed with a top-half finish.

The Seadogs struggled to find their best form at times but were otherwise able to enjoy a campaign which saw them produce a highly respectable finish."

Competitions Summary

A good start to the season saw us floating around the upper playoff spots, but not enough for us to go top as Halesowen were proving too hot to handle early in the season. Unfortunately, a horrendous run of form (how often have I said this now?) due to the tactic I was using at the time, the one which had seen us finish 3rd last season, no longer working saw us go 10 matches in the league without winning between the end of December and February. We actually dropped as low as 16th at one stage, and I was on the verge of being sacked until I tinkered with the tactics, which sparked a run where we won 6 of our last 10 fixtures, but it wasn't enough, as we ultimately finished in 9th place.

We did quite well in the cups; we got the 1st Round of the FA Cup where we took Exeter to a replay where we lost 2-0, and we were knocked out in the 4th Round of the FA Trophy by Woking. The cup runs, combined with some pre-season friendlies, has helped us massively in terms of finances; even though we are currently in the red (mostly due to a loan repayment), we came out of debt for the first time in years earlier in the season. so hopefully now we can do even better next season, allowing the new board (the fans took over the club earlier in the season) to help improve the club both on and off the pitch.

Slightly more concerning is the fact my contract is up at the end of the season and I've yet to be offered new terms. I have to say as well, I'm beginning to get frustrated at the lack of progress I'm making as well. Next season will be my 10th one in charge and so far we've only gone as high as the National League, with our stay there being brief. We just don't have the finances to attract the type of players that can lead us to the title, or even be a force in the playoffs. Fingers crossed that next season will be a glorious one for us.

Squad Summary

Our biggest issue this season was the fact we relied on 4 players for the vast majority of our goals this season. Shane Stratton (who much to my sadness will more than likely be elsewhere next season as we can't afford his contract demands) scored 32 goals, Neil Attenborough, who was signed during the summer transfer window, contributed 17 goals (although he is currently on a long goal drought), while Ronnie Rodriguez and Kieran Yoffe grabbed 11 goals each. As Stratton is all but gone, I'm a bit worried about where the goals are going to come from, so I'm going to be doing quite a bit of searching in the transfer market. Not much else to report in terms of the squad outside of those four, as the rest of the players had solid but unspectacular seasons.

Season  | League | Position | FA Cup | FA Trophy | Trophies/Milestones
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20 | VNLN   |   9th    | 3rd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 21st, finished 9th
2020/21 | VNLN   |   17th   | 2nd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 22nd, finished 17th
2021/22 | VNLN   |   7th    | 2nd QR |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 22nd, finished 7th, lost in Playoff Final
2022/23 | VNLN   |   15th   | 3rd QR |  3rd QR   | Expected to finish 20th, finished 15th
2023/24 | VNLN   |   2nd    | 4th QR |  2nd Rnd  | Expected to finish 20th, finished 2nd, promoted via playoffs
2024/25 | VNL    |   20th   | 4th QR |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 24th, finished 20th, avoided relegation
2025/26 | VNL    |   23rd   | 1st R  |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 24th, finished 23rd, relegated
2026/27 | VNLN   |   13th   | 1st R  |  1st Rnd  | Expected to finish 14th, finished 13th
2027/28 | VNLN   |   3rd    | 1st R  |  2nd Rnd  | Expected to finish 12th, finished 3rd, lost in Playoff Semi-Final
2028/29 | VNLN   |   9th    | 1st R  |  4th Rnd  | Expected to finish 14th, finished 9th

Decided to give this challenge a go!

I'll be taking over Kingstonian in Vanarama South - they went up finishing 7th and winning the playoffs.

Manager info

1156857660_EstebanSmithStartof19-20Season.thumb.PNG.8cde9b00d3a7d7de620cbfd4c39bd4e8.PNG

Club info

1778300301_KingstonianClubInfoStart19-20Season.thumb.PNG.2d34da8a83871dd8a4ec53076a544bff.PNG

I will be posting updates at the end of every season. We are predicted to finish 13th, which I would absolutely take for my first season in this league. Fingers crossed we can stay up!

image.png.ec7129e9f35a6a687ccd42a21986e131.png

2028/29

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season strongly and was challenging for the title up to xmas. The form fell away and only a strong finish allowed the club to make the playoffs.
Beat Plymouth 3-2 on agg which was more comfortable than it sounds as the club was 3-0 up at one stage. The team beat Rochdale 3-1 in the playoff final.

The cups were a write off. Lost 1-6 at home to L2 Ebbsfleet in the league cup and 0-1 away to VNL Boston. Also made no progress in the checkatrade trophy.

Finances were reasonable mostly thanks to selling Giamattei and Bytyci.

Managed to strengthen the squad well with Hammond doing really well at right wing up to Xmas but could not get him back on loan afterward. Towers came in up front and after a slow start got the club over the line.
Record signing Boiling, Woodyard and Mottram all proved to be important signings.

2029/30

Table | Squad | Transfers

Spent all season just hovering above the relegation spots until 10 points from the last 4 games made it safe.

In the cups the team lost 0-2 away to L2 Port vale. In the FA cup the team lost 0-2 at home to L1 Fleetwood which was disappointing as the 3rd rd was in sight and the team was in reasonable form.
No progress again in the checkatrade trophy.

Finances improved thanks to selling Jarc who was rated as a future premier league player, i also persuaded the board to improve the youth facilities and youth recruitment. I sold Agbontohoma who had made nearly 300 appearances for the club, Tilt and Dongda He also left after playing over 200 times for the club.

In terms of the squad Mottram and Woodyard again were the best players. Managed to pick up Hammond on a free after his release from Watford. Up front i had Probert who finished the league top scorer in spite of missing the last 10 games through injury.
The step up proved too much for several long time players like Klass, George and Grantham.
Allen went from a 2 star player to a 4 star player over the season to be my best player.

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        7th        4th Q Round       2nd Round               Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama South        1st        1st Round         3rd Q Round             League Winners, Promotion 
2021/22   Vanarama National     10th       2nd Round         2nd Round               None
2022/23   Vanarama National     13th       1st Round         4th Round               None
2023/24   Vanarama National     15th       1st Round         Final                   FA Trophy finalists
2024/25   Vanarama National     12th       1st Round         1st Round               None
2025/26   Vanarama National     3rd        2nd Round         2nd Round               Playoff winners, Promotion

Season       League       Position      FA Cup           League Cup        League Trophy        Achievements/Notes               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2026/27     League 2        10th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2027/28     League 2        22nd       1st Round          1st Round          2nd Round               None
2028/29     League 2        6th        1st Round          1st Round          1st Round               Playoff winners, Promotion
2029/30     League 1        16th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None

Edited by Thebaker

Logo.png.17d29ef075a590b589b631c1bf9a83e1.png

Stalybridge Celtic Season 8 2026/27

Championship

League Table - Second year in this league after narrowly missing out on the play offs last season ended up being quite straight forward finishing as champions with a couple games to spare. Spent most of the year.  Difference this year was that when we had a bad spell it was only for a couple of games then we’d manage to get on a winning run again.  Only spent 8 weeks not in the promotion zone and enjoyed a really good season on the injury front, will definitely put in a heavy offseason program again

Key players were Finley Thorndike who stepped up from being my third midfielder last season to fans player of the season with 62% breaking the league record for highest ave rating with 7.44 from his 43 appearances. Also won league player of the year.  George Clayton-Phillips on loan from Aston Villa had a break out season finishing second in the league in goals with 26 (Bertucci finished 3rd with 23) scoring many crucial goals along the way. He’d only scored 7 in 63 previously to this loan spell in the Championship.

Remarkably 10 of my players made the Team of The Year!!  The unlucky one was my captain your captain Robinson who was pissed off all year as I wouldn’t let him join an MLS team.

Transfers     Finances     Squad

Back to the old ways for us in the FA Cup getting knocked out at the first possible chance albeit vs a full strength Liverpool squad at home 4 – 1. Bettered the result from 2 years back in the same round where we lost 6 – 1, but not by much. In the Carabao, we were disappointingly knocked out in the third round 2-1 by Blackburn who scored two late goals. They ended finishing in 15th in the Championship.

Finances were good, our stadium capacity was increased to 7,000 near the start of the season which we regularly sold out. Not much investment in players nor departures, we again relied on the core players from last year and topped up with some key loan signings.

Negotiated some improvements to youth facilities and youth recruitment upon my contract renewal.

The board have just announced they’re building a New Stadium funded primarily through loans, capacity only 13,640 so not too happy with that but will have to make it work. Completion date is end of next season so we’ll be renting with Huddersfield which fits 25k so that’s not too bad.

a terrific begin to the season saw us floating across the top playoff spots, but no longer sufficient for us to head pinnacle as Halesowen have been proving too warm to address early inside the season. sadly, a horrendous run of form (how regularly have I stated this now?) due to the strategy i used to be the usage of on the time, the one which had seen us finish third final season, not working noticed us pass 10 suits within the league without prevailing between the stop of December and February. We clearly dropped as low as sixteenth at one degree, and i used to be on the verge of being sacked till I tinkered with the procedures, which sparked a run in which we won 6 of our final 10 furnishings, however it wasn't sufficient, as we in the end completed in 9th location. DigitalOcean SiteGround iPage

Edited by mp8000

I'm almost half way through my first season with Stalybridge. I'm also running it as a youth challenge and starting with such a small squad has been interesting. This is my first file on fm19, so I'm adapting to it. 

One player has been a hero already. His free kick taking really ensured early points. 

We got absolutely battered until December when we smashed top of the table 5-0 and we have begun to turn it around. 

I've been gifted Banks, a 17 year old striker who has been developing immensely. He has literally no competition in the position though so I'm hoping regen day delivers! 

8c27a53f023990329eff3226c3d8f2c0.jpg

TAMWORTH F.C. Season 2022/23

Sky Bet League One

Final Position 1st

It took me two months to finish this season, as I haven't a lot of time to play, but it was a great season again (results 1 & 2). We comfortably won the league and had a decent run in the cups, winning the Checkatrade Trophy for the second time. I did some business in the january transfer window, but I was forced to sell my star newgen Sung as I couldn't renew his contract and he had a ridiculous release clause. But I found a new promising newgen in Northern Ireland, league one topscorer Glenn Patton.

Season

League

Position

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Carabao CUP

Checkatrade Trophy

Notes

2019/20

Vanarama North

1th

2nd Round

3QF

Promoted. Won MOTY

2020/21

Vanarama National

1th

2nd Round

2nd Round

Promoted. Won MOTY

2021/22

League 2

1th

5th Round

4th Round

Won

Promoted. Won MOTY

2022/23

League 1

1th

5th Round

2nd Round

Won

Promoted. Won MOTY

Edited by pauso

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Premier League - 2035/36

Last season we did the treble, by filling the gaps in the squad we should be challenging for every trophy this year.

League Table - it felt a lot closer than this due to the games in hand, but we cruised to the title.

Community Shield - total domination.

UEFA Super Cup - another big win and another trophy.

FIFA Club World Cup - yet another big cup final demolition.

Carabao Cup - we left it late to clinch yet another cup.

FA Cup - we blew it as we let a 2-0 half time lead slip to a defeat on penalties.

UEFA Champions League - despite our poor away in the knockout rounds form we retained the trophy.

Squad - I think I'm one signing away from perfection.

Transfers - I spent big on players to fill the weak positions.

Finances - a huge loss, due to the transfers.

Key Player Profiles:

Bright Abdullahi - top scorer again.

Dominik Havel - our second striker.

Mateo Pereira - signed as a backup, but he's really impressed.

Filip Maes - amazing that he hasn't been capped.

Kenji Bruneel - this was the DM I chose not to sign a few years ago, he cost me £77m this time.

Career Overview:

2034/35     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
Next Season:

All we have left to aim for is the clean sweep.

5100078.png

Tamworth F.C. 

Season Update 2029-2030

Quick Update as of February 12th I finished the challenge. However, lack of time and workload I have not been able to post any update. I shall remedy that over the next few weeks but in the meantime, here is a small teaser! :D

Champions!

I spent Friday night and Saturday morning reloading. A bit trickier now it is necessary to start from 1st of May. I really wanted St Neots Town but having weighed up the odds of them coming out of the two divisions of the Southern League I figured this unlikely. I therefore aimed at Lancaster City who I figured would turn up eventually as a mid-reputation Conference North side. After a good 8 hours of re-loading up popped St Neots.. I was very surprised and almost didn't register they were there and was about to reload again.

Anyway, chuffed to get St Neots who are one of my favorites and I have done a number of Challenges with them over the years.

St Neots Town

127px-St_Neots_Town_F.C._logo.png.f8611d9146d7c7d7a78e832605bda159.png

National League North– 2019/20 – 13th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A decent start but we flirted with relegation. We never sat in the relegation zone but we did come within a point of it. Strong form at the end of the season saw us finish 12 points from the relegation zone which was actually closer to the playoffs. This did not tell the story of the season however as up until at least the end of January we were definitely in a relegation dogfight.

Our squad is patchy and although I was able to strengthen throughout the season I was decidedly weak in a number of positions, most notably fullback and goalkeeper. The board has bumped the wage budget for this season so hopefully we can push on this season.

Key Players

Dylan Williams – Left winger already a member of the squad. Hit double figures for goals from the left wing.

Claudio Ofosu – Another player already in the squad when I arrived. Scored an impressive 34 goals in a mediocre team.

Record

2017/18         Conference North                13th        

16 hours ago, Andrew Haines said:

I spent Friday night and Saturday morning reloading. A bit trickier now it is necessary to start from 1st of May. I really wanted St Neots Town but having weighed up the odds of them coming out of the two divisions of the Southern League I figured this unlikely. I therefore aimed at Lancaster City who I figured would turn up eventually as a mid-reputation Conference North side. After a good 8 hours of re-loading up popped St Neots.. I was very surprised and almost didn't register they were there and was about to reload again.

Anyway, chuffed to get St Neots who are one of my favorites and I have done a number of Challenges with them over the years.

You did well to get them, i spent a lot of time trying to get them without success as i also have had some good saves with them. Enjoy them while you can since they won't be there next season.