dafuge's FM19 challenge

image.png.efc030b43057461e7af90e58214b4d6d.png

2036/37

Table |Squad | Transfers

Started with two  5-1 wins and didn't look back at the team established a good lead at the top. By feb i was 7 points clear of 2nd and 10 points from 3rd. A 9 match winless run dropped me out of the promotion spots and left the team in 4th. In the playoffs the team beat Bournemouth 7-2 on agg before beating Swansea in the playoff final.

In the cups the team lost in the 2st Rd of the league cup on penalties away to L2 Leyton Orient. In the FA cup the lost were well beaten 0-3 at home to Premier league Southampton.

Moved into the new 17218 Worthing Stadium and pretty much sold out every game, as a result finances rose thanks also to hefty sales as well.  Another training and youth facility increase were granted along with being able to scout the world.

I didn't fancy Smith much in spite of his potential. Jones was ok but i planned to bring in better, Dam was already lined up.

Lesko wanted more football so i sold him on for a good price. Evans was bought in the last minute of the transfer window for his min fee which was annoying although it gave chambers and Hudson more chances, Forest played him just twice all season!

I brought in Badibanga whose personality and experience proved vital in improving the young  defense.

I signed Bogicevic on a free who became my first wonderkid, i sold long serving Mcstravick as a result.

In midfield Woodyard continued to prove his ability with another masterful season. Seiha is possibly the first player i have signed for money rather than my chairman and is a long term replacement for Woodyard.

Up front Paspalj and Morgan were the main threats.

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        7th        4th Q Round       2nd Round               Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama South        1st        1st Round         3rd Q Round             League Winners, Promotion 
2021/22   Vanarama National     10th       2nd Round         2nd Round               None
2022/23   Vanarama National     13th       1st Round         4th Round               None
2023/24   Vanarama National     15th       1st Round         Final                   FA Trophy finalists
2024/25   Vanarama National     12th       1st Round         1st Round               None
2025/26   Vanarama National     3rd        2nd Round         2nd Round               Playoff winners, Promotion

Season       League       Position      FA Cup           League Cup        League Trophy        Achievements/Notes               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2026/27     League 2        10th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2027/28     League 2        22nd       1st Round          1st Round          2nd Round               None
2028/29     League 2         6th       1st Round          1st Round          1st Round               Playoff winners, Promotion
2029/30     League 1        16th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2030/31     League 1        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round          1st Round               None
2031/32     League 1         5th       3rd Round          3rd Round          Winners                 Playoff winners, Promotion, Checkatrade Trophy winners

Season       League          Position      FA Cup           League Cup        European Comp.       Achievements/Notes               
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2032/33   Championship        12th       4th Round          2nd Round            N/A                 None
2033/34   Championship        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2034/35   Championship        9th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 None
2035/36   Championship        6th        3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 Playoffs
2036/37   Championship        4th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 Playoff winners, Promotion

Edited by Thebaker

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kettering Town

1678631737_KetteringTown_Badge.png.a3feec6414cb3f6df3955a08640d2c00.png

2021_22

Final Table

Squad

Transfers

My second season in my first attempt at the challenge. At the beginning of the season we turned professional and, against all expectations we achieved back to back promotions. The board continued to support me with coaching courses and I gained a National A Licence. My best performer was Jake Cain with an average rating of 7.55 who was POM nine times. Interestingly, my third highest average rating of 7.27 was achieved by my 36 year old captain, Marcus Kelly , who according to the coach report, is my worst player with only one star!!!

Performance Summary

Facilities

Edited by Hovis Dexter

Is it normal to not have U23 or U18 fixtures? If I get promoted to say League 2, can I accept an invitation into a league? I'd rather not schedule friendlies every single year!

Or do I need at least a Youth Level of 3?

Edited by noah08

On 19/10/2018 at 20:26, dafuge said:

Any form of international management is not allowed, until you have completed the challenge.

I've just turned down the England job because of this rule which made me wonder why it is included. Does International management give you an advantages in the challenge?

St Neots Town

127px-St_Neots_Town_F.C._logo.png.f8611d9146d7c7d7a78e832605bda159.png

Premier League – 2036/37 – 14th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A difficult season where relegation was always a prospect. This was prompted by my purchase of two 16 year olds with massive potential. Goalkeeper Collings-White and Centre-Back Tom Wagster arrived for a combined £85m. My aim is to build for the future but was aware that these players are raw and this might affect performances. Form was difficult as we were challenging in Europe right up to the Europa League semis where Arsenal overturned a 2-1 deficit to eliminate us 4-3 on aggregate. The European campaign was satisfying with knockout wins against Wolfsburg, Spartak Moscow and Slavia Prague a highlight of the season.

Key Players

• GK – Louis Collings WhiteSigned at the start of the season as a 16 year old from Southampton for £40m. A real prospect.
  • FB – Josh Day English 23 year old full back. Signed from Rangers for £10m at the start of the season.
  • CB – Cory Ford 21 year old England international. The centre-back had a good second season and added to his England caps.
  • CB – Tom Wagster Another young English prospect signed at the start of the season. This time a £45m signing from Everton.
  • FB – Russell Bingham England international full back who returned for £30m five seasons after leaving following our relegation.
  • W – Gabriel Michael Right winger with 10 caps for England. Had a fantastic season scoring 18 goals.
  • DLP – Billy Southern English midfielder had another steady season in the midfield.
  • CM – Morris Wahling A rare non-English player, German international Wahling added class in the midfield arriving on a free from Bayern.
  • W – Mark Ferguson Once a wonderkid, Ferguson has not developed as I had hoped but is a regular in England squads and added 16 assists.
  • AF – Ricky Colbran Young English striker is very promising and scored 30 goals.
  • DLF – Jair Cardoso – Marquee striker had another decent season scoring 20 goals

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20         Conference North                13th        
2020/21         Conference North                2nd                                             FA Trophy Semis, Playoff Finalists.  
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             FA Trophy Winner, Champions, Promoted  
2022/23         Conference National             1st                                             Champions, Promoted  
2023/24         League Two                      6th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted, EFL Trophy Winners  
2024/25         League One                      5th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted
2025/26         Championship                    10th                                             
2026/27         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists
2027/28         Championship                    15th                                             
2028/29         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists                                           
2029/30         Championship                    4th                                             Playoff Semi-Finalists
2030/31         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2031/32         Premiership                     18th                                            Relegated       
2032/33         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2033/34         Premiership                     10th                                                   
2034/35         Premiership                     17th                                                   
2035/36         Premiership                     7th                                                   
2036/37         Premiership                     14th             EL Semi                        Europa League Semi Finalists

Edited by Andrew Haines

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2037/38 – 11th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

A better season than last with relegation never a threat. I moved my transfer model from last season’s acquisitions of the best English youngsters to bringing in complete foreign internationals who add immediate quality. I aimed at bringing in young players who would have big re-sale values. Hence teenagers Norwegian Rosvoli, Czech Michael Kubala and Portuguese Galvao signed along with Brazilians Francisco and Buiu. All were in the 19-21 age bracket but with immediate quality. I will move to this model of signings going forward with an aim to compete regularly in Europe and maybe actually win something.

Key Players

• GK – Louis Collings White Young goalkeeper now 18 has been a first team player for two seasons and is developing well.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli 20 year old Norwegian arrived from Forest for £55m last summer.
  • CB – Cory Ford A third season as a first team regular Ford is still a colossus at the back for club and country.
  • CB – Marcio Galvao Young Portuguese defender was an awesome acquisition at the back from Benfica for £32m in January.
  • FB – Russell Bingham The England international fills a gap at left back but I am looking out for a replacement.
  • W – Gabriel MichaelEnglish winger had a season distracted by interest from bigger clubs but still hit double figures in goals.
  • DLP – Michael Kubala A bargain signing from Duhla Prague at £9.75m. Very promising in midfield.
  • CM – Omar Arenas Classy Mexican midfielder cost £7.5m from Club America.
  • W – Francisco Young Brazilian signed from West Brom for £59m.
  • AF – Ricky Colbran Striker in his third season at the club, had a slower season than last with only 15 goals but won his first England cap.
  • DLF – Baiu Picked up from Vasco De Gama for £18m, the Brazilian international has fantastic potential.

Record

Season          League                          Position          Europe                        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21         Conference North                2nd                                             FA Trophy Semis, Playoff Finalists.  
2021/22         Conference North                1st                                             FA Trophy Winner, Champions, Promoted  
2022/23         Conference National             1st                                             Champions, Promoted  
2023/24         League Two                      6th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted, EFL Trophy Winners  
2024/25         League One                      5th                                             Playoff Winners, Promoted
2026/27         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists
2028/29         Championship                    3rd                                             Playoff Finalists                                          
2029/30         Championship                    4th                                             Playoff Semi-Finalists
2030/31         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2031/32         Premiership                     18th                                            Relegated       
2032/33         Championship                    1st                                             Champions, Promoted                                         
2036/37         Premiership                     14th             EL Semi                        Europa League Semi Finalists
2037/38         Premiership                     11th             

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2038/39 – 3rd

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Perhaps our breakout season with a 3rd place finish securing Champions League football for next season. I continued last seasons transfer model in bringing in quality foreign signings of an age which would ensure a hefty re-sale value. I targeted the midfield in particular with Brazilian Maninho arriving to play the playmaker role. The jewel in the crown was Casper Rasmussen who signed for his clause value of £19.5m. He had multiple bids in including one from Real Madrid so I was delighted to secure his signing as he adds massive quality to the midfield. I was disappointed to see Gabriel Michel leave in July for £61m to Man City. He had fallen out with me over rejected offers and I cut my losses. Another of my best English players left when Ricky Colbran departed for Chelsea for £64m. This was less disappointing however as he had lost his place. Over the past couple of seasons he had failed to push on to the level of quality I needed. This leaves me with a massive budget by the end of the season. I have spent out £85m on Swiss striker Callier who should prove to be a great signing.

Key Players

• GK – FlavioBrazilian keeper signed in January for £24m from Flamengo.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli Pacy Norweigan fullback in his second season with the club.
  • CB – Cory Ford Club captain Ford is still only 23 but has 41 caps for England.
  • CB – Marcio Galvao World class Portuguese defender had a superb season.
  • FB – Maxim Seguin Young Belgian fullback signed for £25m from Zulte Waregem.
  • W – Michel21 year old Brazilian signed from Newcastle for £35m to replace Man City bound Gabriel Michel.
  • DLP – Maninho Brazilian playmaker signed from Cruzeiro for £21m.
  • CM – Casper Rasmussen A massive signing at the start of the season. Competition from Real Madrid was fought off to secure him from FC Copenhagen.
  • W – Oktal Yuksel Turkish left winger cost a bargain £5m to replace big money sale Francisco. Only likely to be a stopgap.
  • AF – Abacherli Callier Big money signing at the end of the season. Swiss striker Callier signed from Dortmund for £85m.
  • DLF – Edmilson BaldeQuality signing from Sporting Lisbon for £30m at the start of the season. Scored 19 goals.

Record

2038/39         Premiership                     3rd             

5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I've just turned down the England job because of this rule which made me wonder why it is included. Does International management give you an advantages in the challenge?

It certainly did when the challenge was started as you could manage in a smaller country to gain knowledge of foreign players and possibly boost the reputation of your own players by selecting them for the national team.

5 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

9 minutes ago, dafuge said:

It certainly did when the challenge was started as you could manage in a smaller country to gain knowledge of foreign players and possibly boost the reputation of your own players by selecting them for the national team.

I see thank you for the explanation

St Neots Town

Premier League – 2038/39 – 5th

Squad

Transfers

Overview

Another good season. Although we only(!) finished 5th following last seasons 3rd place, we were fighting in the Champions League this season and lack of quality in the reserves came into play. Arguably we were better this season and were fighting for the title till just after Christmas. We started the season with the massive signing of Abacherli Cailler from Borussia Dortmund for £85m. He did not disappoint scoring 20 goals. The only big money signing to join him was Marco Maiella from Inter for £80m. It is quite funny that he kicked off with Inter when they rejected a bid from St Neots Town..

As mentioned we were very strong up to January, topping the table for large spells. Form was disrupted in the new year however due to transfer activity. £250m of players left the club when Liverpool signed Marcio Galvao for £150m and Barcelona signed Edmilson Balde for £90m. I did not sit back however and spent all of that money on Dutch international Ferry De Ruiter from Arsenal for £110m and Pavol Kuzma from PSG for £140. I actually think I got the better of the bargain but form stuttered as I tried to bed in both players. Kuzma in particular struggled but he is a more natural DLF than Balde so should come good.

Having walked through a relatively tough Champions League group including Sevilla and Porto we had a difficult draw in the first knockout round. Barcelona looked like a bridge too far but we took a 1-0 victory from the Nou Camp before seeing through to the quarter finals with a 0-0 draw at home. Another tricky draw in the quarters against PSG looked to be going our way when we pulled off a 6-3 victory in the home leg. Not to be however as they turned it round with a 6-2 win in Paris. The revenue was helpful and we should be able to re-inforce in the summer. I signed an 18 year old Scot Derek Wardrope from Kilmarnock three seasons ago. He has spent the past two seasons out on loan, at Derby then Newcastle. He has developed into a bit of a star and at 21 needs his chance in the team. He won’t get into the two spots upfront (although isn’t a million miles off) but has the attributes to make a good left winger. To accommodate this, two footed Gabriel Speck will switch to the right allowing me to offload Diego Guerra who is the weak link in the side. Beyond this, it is difficult to see what positions I need to re-inforce. A good central midfielder would be nice, apart from that I may start looking to youth and bringing some players through.

Key Players

• GK – Flavio Brazilian keeper in his second season with the club has developed well.
  • FB – Espen Rosvolli Norwegian fullback had a great season but looks likely to leave as is attracting big bigs.
  • CB – Cory Ford Captain fantastic has been a mainstay for five seasons and did well again but is now one of the weaker players in the squad.
  • CB – Ferry De Ruiter Dutch international signed in January for £110m to replace departing Galvao.
  • FB – Maxim Seguin The Belgian international has developed into one of the best fullbacks in Europe in his three seasons at the club.
  • W – Diego GuerraPlayed on loan two seasons ago and signed on a free from PSG last summer. Sold to WBA for £21m at the end of the season.
  • DLP – Marco Maiella 19 year old Italian international signed from £80m from Inter.
  • CM – Casper Rasmussen A massive signing two summers ago but now may lose his starting spot.
  • W – Gabriel Speck 28 year old Argentine signed from Porto for £38m and scored double figures.
  • AF – Abacherli Callier Marquee signing last summer, the Swiss striker scored 20 goals in 33 games.
  • DLF – Pavol KuzmaA £140m signing from PSG to replace Barca bound Balde in january. Struggled only scoring 3 goals.

Record

2038/39         Premiership                     3rd             
2039/40         Premiership                     5th              ECL Qtr                        Champions League Quarter Finals             

image.png.efc030b43057461e7af90e58214b4d6d.png

2037/38

Table |Squad | Transfers

Spent most of the season just above relegation spots until feb when a run a 5 wins in 6 games propelled the team into midtable. The team reached 40 points with 4 games to go and the players went on holiday. Got hammered in the last 4 games.

Did nothing in the cups, losing 4-2 away to Tottenham  in the league cup 4th rd. Went out to Championship Bristol City 0-1 at home in the FA cup 3rd replay.

The finances went up immensely as a result of being in the premier league, especially as i didn't spend much, Directors took out £16million in bonuses. Filled the ground for every home game. and the board decided to increase the capacity by 8K to 25K.

The squad is mostly made up of young players i hope will improve. I did bring a premier standard GK in Ben Itzhaki which payed off. The defence is still poor and the midfield didn't contribute enough for assists and goals. Up front Paspalj did well in spells and i brought back Morgan who was the best player. Chambers was sold by the board as an offer too good to refuse which was disappointing .

2038/39

Table |Squad | Transfers

Started the season really well with 20 points from 10 games. Injuries impacted the squad as Morgan and Benisti had been red hot but then injured for 2 months each. The team went 13 games without a win. Had a further spell of 11 games with no wins and just 3 points and went into the last game just 1 point above Middlesboro. The team actually won but the result didn't actually matter as Middlesboro only drew.

Lost in the 3rd Rd of the league cup 3-1 away to Liverpool and went out in the 4th Rd of the FA cup. Lost to Leicester on penalties after a replay.

Finances again went rose, thanks to the TV money and a season spent at Brighton's AMEX stadium where the team averaged 24K.

I got really fed up with players complaining when i turned down bids which came in constantly, the same bid every single day, as well.  I ended up selling Bogecevic which was a big error, i thought Shaw would step up, when not injured he was just rubbish. Ended up signing a backup LB in Walton from the frees still knocking around .

I also sold my back up RB so had no cover for Garcia  who was also poor. Didn't solve the defensive problems this season, in fact they got worse.

I also trimmed the goalies by selling 3 of my back ups including long time player Allen.

In midfield i signed club record signing Worrall who did contribute with goals and assists and Wonderkid Cunha (i actually signed him when Chambers left but he was under 18 so couldn't join), Miguel is a HGN backup.

Up front i flogged Burgess and brought in Morgan permanently .

Season       League           Position      FA Cup           FA Trophy           Achievements/Notes               
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Vanarama South        7th        4th Q Round       2nd Round               Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama South        1st        1st Round         3rd Q Round             League Winners, Promotion 
2021/22   Vanarama National     10th       2nd Round         2nd Round               None
2022/23   Vanarama National     13th       1st Round         4th Round               None
2023/24   Vanarama National     15th       1st Round         Final                   FA Trophy finalists
2024/25   Vanarama National     12th       1st Round         1st Round               None
2025/26   Vanarama National     3rd        2nd Round         2nd Round               Playoff winners, Promotion

Season       League       Position      FA Cup           League Cup        League Trophy        Achievements/Notes               

2026/27     League 2        10th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2027/28     League 2        22nd       1st Round          1st Round          2nd Round               None
2028/29     League 2         6th       1st Round          1st Round          1st Round               Playoff winners, Promotion
2029/30     League 1        16th       2nd Round          1st Round          1st Round               None
2030/31     League 1        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round          1st Round               None
2031/32     League 1         5th       3rd Round          3rd Round          Winners                 Playoff winners, Promotion, Checkatrade Trophy winners

Season       League          Position      FA Cup           League Cup        European Comp.       Achievements/Notes               
2032/33   Championship        12th       4th Round          2nd Round            N/A                 None
2033/34   Championship        11th       3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2034/35   Championship        9th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 None
2035/36   Championship        6th        3rd Round          3rd Round            N/A                 Playoffs
2036/37   Championship        4th        3rd Round          1st Round            N/A                 Playoff winners, Promotion
2037/38   Premier League      16th       3rd Round          4th Round            N/A                 None
2038/39   Premier League      17th       4th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None

Edited by Thebaker

• 2 weeks later...

Kettering Town

365101431_KetteringTown_Badge.png.0aa6e5f0efbaf2c20ea7f28d7081009f.png

2025_26

Table             Squad                 Transfers                Finances

133394943_KetteringPerformance2025_26.thumb.png.9e0694005bfd3af767f7b8e9e2f1d543.png

545319342_KetteringFacilities2025_26.thumb.png.e55caf5f470f0e67f5b66087f065c53d.png

My sixth season in my first attempt at the challenge. Our first season in the Premier League where against all expectations we  ended up fifth and qualified for the Euro League next season. The board continued to support me with coaching courses and I gained a Continental B Licence and am currently studying for a Continental A Licence.

My best performer was Sylvestre Blanchard  a 19 year old who’s been on loan with me from Manchester City for two years. His contract with them runs out at the end of this year so I’m looking to sign him for free in a couple of weeks.

Our  original stadium had a capacity of only 5000 and so this season we’ve been ground sharing with Watford. The board is currently searching for a new site with a planned capacity of 28k   

Edited by Hovis Dexter

• 2 weeks later...

Kettering Town

310605106_KetteringTown_Badge.png.3094f7894e9dd35c700a7e7674356374.png

2026_27

Table

Squad

Transfers

Finances

327305433_KetteringPerformance2026_27.thumb.png.e672471b84af78f1960ddc9d473908d3.png

1411140354_KetteringFacilities2026_27.thumb.png.f0b08a8ca08a94c03d5dcc30ba022476.png

My seventh season in my first attempt at the challenge. Our second season in the Premier League where we  ended up fourth and qualified for the Champions League next season. The board continued to support me with coaching courses and I gained a Continental A Licence and am currently studying for a Continental Pro Licence.

One of my best performers was Sylvestre Blanchard a 20 year old who’d been on loan with me from Manchester City for two years prior this season. His contract with them ran out at the end of the previous year so I was able sign him without a transfer fee being payable. Other notable performers were Rodrigo Conceição, Gustave Biakolo-Onana, and Benoît Lefebvre.

Our  original stadium had a capacity of only 5000 and so this season we’ve been ground sharing with Watford. The board is currently searching for a new site with a planned capacity of 28k … no change here from last year.

At the end of the season I was offered an interview with Spurs … no problem in turning that down :D but I also turned down an invitation for an interview with City … the sacrifices we have to make for this challenge.:rolleyes:

Kettering Facilities.ods

image.png.b8fcc7a5cab1cd1cac489b3da4a4af77.png

2039/40

Table | Squad | Transfers

Made a good start but the defense pulled the side down and by feb they were hovering outside the relegation spots. 9 wins from the last 14 games took the side into the top half.

In the league cup 3rd Rd the team went out 5-4 away to Liverpool conceding 2 90th minute goals. In the FA cup the team lost 2-1 at home to Fulham in the 5th Rd.

Finances were still fine as transfers were not too much. The facilities were maxed out for the training and youth, the stadium capacity was increased to 26K.

Itzhaki kicked off and i sold him, I had just found Neito when this happened so signed him for a fraction of the cost and up to the same standard.

The defense was poor so ended up spending big on Smits which made the difference in the 2nd half of the season. Brought in a left back in Orellana who is really attacking.

The midfield was good without being exceptional except for the wingers in Worrall and Cunha.

Up front Paspalj and Morgan were good in patches but the other strikers didn't offer a lot more.

I signed Cass on a free and Juarez at the end of his contract. Both were highly rated and wanted by Athletico, Real Madrid and PSG amongst others but none made any offer for them.

2040/41

Started the season well and by feb was in the European places. A terrible run of 1 win in 10 games dropped the team into mid table. Won the last 5 games to propel the team into 7th which proved enough for European competition.

In the league cup the team reached the Qtr final before getting well beaten 0-2 away to Tottenham. In the Fa cup the team reached the 6th Rd but lost 0-2 at home to West Ham.

In spite of spending some money the finances continued to grow, the capacity was increased again to 34K. The club is rated as number 1 and the richest.

Worrall was sold as he was keen to leave for more money, Williams was brought in to replace him. I signed Thompson as he wouldn't count towards the 25 squad players which i am struggling with. Benisti was sold as he had generally struggled.

Orellana was possibly the best player as the defense was generally quite solid. I can't seem to get enough in terms of goals and assists from the central midfielders. Williams and Cunha started the season on fire but faded really badly which cost the team a champions league spot.

Morgan was again the stand out striker, the team lacks a top class striker although Thompson has a lot of potential.

2037/38   Premiership        16th        3rd Round          4th Round            N/A                 None
2038/39   Premiership        17th        4th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2039/40   Premiership         8th        5th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2040/41   Premiership         7th        6th Round          Qtr Final            N/A                 Euro Cup Qualification

Edited by Thebaker

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to give the challenge a go.

I had the option of 6 teams who got promoted, here is my notes on each.

Chesham - 5k stadium, poor facilities - 2250 rep
Lowersoft - 3k stadium, poor facilities - 2100 rep
Warrington - 2k stadium, poor facilities - 2100 rep
AFC Hornchurch - 3k stadium, poor facilities -2050 rep
Gosport - 4.5k stadium, Poor facilities - 2200 rep
Kingstonian 2.7k stadium, Poor youth, Basic training - 2450 rep

I decided on Warrington as there is big potential there with Warrington having a population of 202 thousand.

Also Warrington had some good players like Jack Mackreth, the 34 year old experienced defender David Raven and young winger and ex Liverpool youth player Jack Dunn.

Finances aren't too bad start with 79k in the bank.

I work a lot in the week so probably will post after I have done a season.

Manager Profile.png

Finances.png

Mackreth.png

Raven.png

Dunn.png

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

e05a266.png

Kings Langley - Premier League - 2037/38

Last season we won everything so all we could hope for was a repeat, and maybe an unbeaten season.

League Table - it was a record points total, but we still lost two games.

Community Shield - we needed penalties to win this one.

UEFA Super Cup - a more comfortable victory.

FIFA Club World Cup - once again we are the best team in the World.

League Cup - not the most convincing start, but we went on to list the trophy.

FA Cup - yet another penalty shootout, but this time we lost.

UEFA Champions League - nearly a perfect set of wins but the final was tough.

Squad - Felix Frank is the only weak link, but he's still pretty young.

Transfers - no transfers were needed this season.

Finances - a fairly big loss was made as I renewed a lot of contracts.

Key Player Profiles:

Bright Abdullahi - top scorer again.

Dominik Havel - not far off being our best striker.

Mateo Pereira - he still seems to be getting better every season.

Daniel Lawal - he's become first choice once again.

Luke Hughes - the youth product is getting a few games.

Career Overview:

Season      League                       Position     Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20     National League South        4th          Playoff semi finalists
2020/21     National League South        8th          
2021/22     National League South        10th          
2022/23     National League South        5th          Playoff winners
2023/24     National League              11th           
2024/25     National League              8th     
2025/26     National League              1st          Promoted as champions
2026/27     League Two                   1st          Promoted as champions, EFL Trophy winners
2027/28     League One                   1st          Promoted as champions
2028/29     Championship                 1st          Promoted as champions
2029/30     Premier League               8th          
2030/31     Premier League               5th          
2031/32     Premier League               5th          League Cup finalists
2032/33     Premier League               1st          Europa League finalists
2033/34     Premier League               4th          League Cup winners
2034/35     Premier League               1st          FA Cup and Champions League winners
2035/36     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists
2036/37     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC, FA Cup and Champions League winners 
2037/38     Premier League               1st          League Cup, CWC and Champions League winners 
Next Season:

On paper we took a step backwards this season, so winning the lot next season is the only way to make up for it.

Kettering Town

1489884618_KetteringTown_Badge.png.09c715b00dd6884adcac725a64a2f5f3.png

2028_29

Competitions 2027_28

Competitions 2028_29

406817633_KetteringPerformance2028_29.thumb.png.61589e0874b02f7b4500dcc1649a4f6e.png

763458713_KetteringFacilities2028_29.thumb.png.ce9b41c5ac17c80b3461ec16b15a596d.png

Woo Hoo … I’ve just completed my first attempt at the challenge.

Last season in the Premier League we ended up second on 81 points behind City on 88 points and won the Champions League in our first season in that competition beating PSG 3-2 in final. We also beat Leeds 5-0 to win the Caraboa Cup and lost to City 4-1 in the final of the FA Cup.

This season we won the league with 96 points with Spurs second on 83 Points. We were knocked out of the Champions League in the Semis by AC Milan on away goals. They got revenge for us winning the UEFA Super Cup by beating them 1-0 in the final. We were beaten 2-1 by River Plate in the Fifa Club World Cup. We beat Liverpool 5-0 to win the Caraboa Cup for the second successive year and were beaten 3-0 by City in the Community Shield.

We’ve been ground sharing with Luton whilst we’ve been in the Premier League and the board has just announced that it will be building a new stadium  that will be finished in two years … it’s not being named after me :(.

The first team

I’m not sure whether or not to carry on with the save but for the past two years I’ve been buying young good potential players who are predominately British with the result that this is my U23 team  and I’d like to see how they get on. I did think about carrying on and only buying British players but then what will my 27 scouts do?

Finally here is my starting profile and my 2028_29 Profile. I’m fascinated by the fact that my discipline rating is only 2. I virtually never agree to a request for a new contract and I always issue warnings for match performances of  6.4 and less and for two yellows. A straight red is fined two weeks wages.

I’ve really enjoyed this challenge and found the recording of the progress of the club to be very interesting.

Kettering Facilities.ods

Edited by Hovis Dexter

Scarborough Athletic

30021186.png.c7fb49caa2cc4a4c150c92b4952f7ab9.png

807659068_Screenshot(33).thumb.png.490aeb9c4670bebc29b9d8a4991f2683.png

So I decided to join in on the challenge, as I like LLM and usually don't play with the attributes hidden. As you can see there is my manager man, all nice and crap. I am going to impose some transfer rules for when we reach the football league.

1) No more than 6 signings in a season. This number does not change, no matter the number of sales.

2) No more than 3 foreign (any player outside the UK) signings in a season.

3) Foreign signings must be 20 y/o or older.

2019/20

Table l Squad l Transfers

Had an inconsistent start to the season either winning or lossing and no inbetween until October. Then draws and losses were in vogue with the side, which dictated a change in tactic going to a 4-4-2. Suddenly the December and January matches were filled with victories and goals, the side full of confidence and attacking fever. With February the goals dried up and the defense was weak, resulting in four losses in the five matches played. With some tinkering in the roles, boys won five of the last nine to end the season and sneak into the playoffs. Unfortunatly, this playoff result happened.

The cup run was very good, making the FA Cup first round lossing to L2 Tranmere and the second round of the FA Trophy, lossing to VNL Wrexham.

The boys performed admirably in a season predicted to be a relagation fight. Will Annan was the standout player this year, contributing 16 goals and 20 assists, being the main catalyst in the side. Michael Coulson lead the line with 21 goals, most of which came in a front 2, and 6 assists. A good number of transfers as the side needed some filling out, especially in the defense.

Financially, the club is in a good position with $172k in the bank and room to increase the wage budget. The club decided to groundshare because we do not meet stadium requirements, which isn't impossible. Oddly, they settled on Goole, a 1 hour drive from Scarborough.

2019/20   Vanarama North        7th        1st Round         2nd Round               Playoffs 
Edited by KJG

2 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Have you used an editor to see the club's rep? In game it's only represented by stars.

I have not used the editor. I don't mention the club's reputation anywhere and don't know what you are talking about. Please explain!

If you are referring to my second table everything in that table, apart from the bank balance and some of the facilities are shown in the Club>>Profile Screen

923083847_KetteringTown_Profile.thumb.png.168e715f6e2f3d343d1e43f75aa83ca2.png

2 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I have not used the editor. I don't mention the club's reputation anywhere and don't know what you are talking about. Please explain!

If you are referring to my second table everything in that table, apart from the bank balance and some of the facilities are shown in the Club>>Profile Screen

923083847_KetteringTown_Profile.thumb.png.168e715f6e2f3d343d1e43f75aa83ca2.png

Sorry my bad. I quoted the wrong message

Small Update

Cos I was too busy enjoying the save I forgot to update on here and already part way through my 2nd season but I will just say nothing major happened in my first season in charge at Warrington. 

I ended 9th in the league despite being in the play offs most of the season.

I am hoping to get promoted this season and will do proper update when I finish my 2nd season.

Scarborough Athletic

30021186.png.74573287d25fef15be26345983c990a9.png

2020/21

Table l Sqaud l Transfers

Very good season which culmanated with promotion to the Vanarama National League. After being top of the league through the beginning of January, Stockport went on this crazy run of reasults where they only dropped 10 points in the new year. We finished in 2nd place on 86 points, with 2nd best attack and 3rd best defense. In the playoff we first faced off against Spennymoor dispatching easily. Then in the final we played 3rd place Darlington in victory that went to extra-time. The cup run was what the board expected of us, with a loss in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round loss to VNL Tranmere, and in the FA Trophy 1st Round to VNN AFC Telford.

Financially we look better than we should due to a takeover by a tycoon who put in a $100k. We also a crazy 4 minutes regarding our stadium, accourding to the facilities page its being planned but the board page shows nothing, so who knows.

Very good year from the boys, led by Will Annan with his 16 goals and 26 assist, Marcus Sheldon with 19 goals and 5 assists, and Michael Coulson with 21 goals and 6 assists.

2019/20   Vanarama North        7th        1st Round         2nd Round           Playoffs 
2020/21   Vanarama North        2nd        4th Q Round       1st Round           Playoff Winners, Promotion 

Edited by KJG

Warrington End Of Season 3 Update

I finally got promoted in my 3rd season, was top of the league most of the season but form faltered in the last 2 months and I ended up in the play offs against Southport and managed to beat them 2-1 luckily.

Stand out players were Obiero, Hooper and Austenfield. who got 56 goals between the 3 of them and 40 assists combined.

My finances were not good, I was minus 1.3 million but now only 235k in the red so I think something happened behind the scenes to help that out.

I am enjoying this save, first save I have done in ages where I am really enjoying it.

Season       League           Position 

Season 1       Vanarama Northern   9th

Season 2      Vanarama Northern   10th

Season 3     Vanarama Northern    3rd ( Up Through Playoffs )

End Of Season 3.png

Playoff Final.png

Finances.png

Austerfield.png

Hooper.png

Obiero.png

Warrington Season 4 Update

My first season in the Vanarama Conference was nearly a disaster as I had a rubbish season and got sucked into the relegation zone with 2 games to but managed to stay up with a last game of the season victory over Torquay winning 2-1.

Overall I am disappointed in this season and real work needs to be done to rectify this but I did still manage to stay in the division and must do better next season.

My standout players again were Hooper and Obiero but I need more quality players to help them out and get me promoted.

My finances are rubbish as well with being over 700k in the red.

Season 1      Vanarama Northern   9th

Season 3      Vanarama Northern    3rd ( Up Through Playoffs )

Season 4      Vanarama Conference  19th 

League Table.png

Avoided Relegation.png

Vs Torquay.png

Hooper.png

Obiero.png

Finances.png

Warrington Season 5 update

So after saying I want a better finish then last season I jinxed myself as I just survived and stayed in the league at the last game of the season.

Morale is a big issue that I need to keep on top of next season, a few games lost and the morale goes down the toilet even after a team meeting.

I need to improve the defense as I let too many goals in.

My only shining light was Obiero again who got me 15 goals this season.

I aint expecting much next season so hopefully that might work out in my favor lol.

Season 1      Vanarama Northern   9th

Season 3      Vanarama Northern    3rd ( Up Through Playoffs )

Season 4      Vanarama Conference  19th 

Season 5    Vanarama Conference   19th

End Of Season.png

League Table.png

Survival Final Day.png

Obiero.png

Finances.png

Scarborough Season 1 Review

I am glad I restarted this challenge as Scarborough seem a lot better then Warrington and I found a tactic that does well for the lower leagues.

My tactic was 4-4-1-1 with a targetman upfront and a shadow striker just behind.

Josh Hine has done well up front with 17 goals and a 7.01 average rating, just behind him was Michael Coulson who was a wise old head and was ever present for me playing most games, he also scored 9 and got 8 assists with 6.99 rating. Also a worthy mention was Oliver Harrison, the 20 year old contributed when needed.

Hoping for another promotion next season.

End Of Season.png

Squad.png

Tactics.png

Playoff 1.png

Playoff 2.png

Hine.png

Coulson.png

Harrison.png

Scarborough Season 2 Review

The season didn't go the way I was hoping, I feel like this is DejaVu after my attempts with Warrington.

I ended up 17th in the league, I luckily changed tactics in January and turned it around a bit as I was looking at getting relegated.

Will Annan was my standout player getting 18 goals,7 assists, 9 player of the month and an average rating of 7.12.

My finances are rubbing, 500k in the red but yet the board are going to get me a new stadium but we will see as I can imagine the plans will get scraped.

My aim is to get in the play offs.

Season 1      Vanarama North    4th (Promoted through play offs)

Season 2      Vanarama Conf      17th

Relegation Avoided.png

End Of Season.png

Annan.png

Tactics.png

Stadium.png

Scarborough Season 3 Review

I literally ended season in a position worse then I did last season by ending 18th, I don't understand why this keeps happening, I just can't seem to progress further up the table.

I stay positive as my tactical change gave me better results and picked up a fair few wins and even got to the FA Trophy semis losing to Billericy on agg.

My main players were again Will Annan with 10 goals, 14 assists and average rating of 7.15. My other best player was a regen striker I took on loan from Doncaster called Oliver Abrahams who scored 19 goals for me and kept me up with some important goals.

Hopefully I can push forward next season and get higher up the league.

Season 1      Vanarama North    4th (Promoted through play offs)

Season 2      Vanarama Conf      17th

Season 3    Vanarama Conf        18th

End Of Season.png

Tactics.png

Annan.png

Abrahams.png

Got bored of my other save so come back to this already lol.

I started again and Nantwich come along

Here is an intro to get you enticed into my save.

Here is some brief info on them

Nantwich Town Football Club is a semi-professional football club based in Nantwich, Cheshire, England. The club was founded in 1884 and is nicknamed The Dabbers, a reference to the town's tanning industry.[1] The club is currently a member of the Northern Premier League Premier Division, the seventh tier in the English football league system, with home matches played at the Weaver Stadium.

They also have former Stoke striker Ricardo Fuller there and he will hopefully spearhead my attack in the first season.

Nantwich.thumb.png.0a82f81b826547e5a51f12a6ac195960.png

Nantwich Town FC.jpg

Ricardo Fuller.jpg

Weaver Stadium 2.jpg

Weaver Stadium.jpg

Ricardo Fuller 2.png

My Manager Profile.png

Nantwich Town FC Season 1 Review

I nearly got promoted in my first season, I was 6 points behind the play offs, my team struggled to find consistency and form but I will work on that ready for season 2.

My main man was striker Joe Malkin who scored 33 goals in 42 games for me, he also got 5 assists and 8 Man Of The Match's.

My other star players were left back Rio Adebisi who got 12 assists for me and Joseph Mwasile who got 11 goals and 7 assists.

The tactic I managed to use was a modified version of Klopp's tactic he uses for Liverpool as I wanted my players to work hard for me.

I will hopefully get promoted in my 2nd season.

End Of Season.png

Joe Malkin.png

Joseph Mwasile.png

Rio Adebisi.png

Squad.png

Tactics.png

Whitehawk F.C 

Whitehawk_F.C._logo.png.5d10d276eb0a5e017057bbcf58ab5d47.png

2019/2020 End Of Season Review

Transfers  Table  Squad  Finances  One of SG Best  Hall Of Fame SG  Fans  Board 

Started the season with 4231. After 11 games, decided to change the system back to my usual 442 as 4231 can't break down AI 442. Managed to remain unbeaten for 21 games. The first loss arrive game 22. Weadstone and wellington was the  main rivals. Both pushed our team all the way. Maintain second all the way till game 24 when we took over wellington. Won the title on game 41, second last game of season.

Board and Fans was happy, views the promotion as a miracle. Was inducted into Singapore hall of fame after winning National League South title, one of the best Singaporean coach.

Euan Pollock a striker i signed for free picked up the scoring when Crammond dropped off the scoring, Crammond ended up top scorer with 30 goals. Euan have 13 in 22. Crommond 30 in 37.Loan striker Elliot Dungan also played his part by chipping in with 7 in 16, 10 subs app. Left winger Jacob Bancroft also chipped in with 6 in 33.

Finances we are doing well due to a new sponsorship deal worth £28k from £13.9k. we avoided a tax hit bill worth £67k. wages we are spending almost £2.7k/week below the wage budget of £3.5k. Next season wage budget is going to be £5.2k. Board also giving transfer budget of £19k from zero. Not too sure whether need to spend or put to wage budget. We will see after finding some quality players. Haven't done any search for new players yet. Overall balance of club is £128k up from £45 to 50k when i first took over.

Next season, will aim to avoid relegation.

Career Overview

Season      League                                Position        FA Cup                 FA Trophy            Achievements (Notes)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019/20   National League South        1st         Third Qualifying      First Round         League Winners 

Edited by kazemagic

Nantwich Season 3 Review

I ended 6 points away from the play offs and ended 12th position for the season which aint too bad.

My aim is to get into the play offs next season, I always need to progress and get better every season.

My main players were Campbell, Djabi, Hooper, Matthews and Reid.

I even got tookover by fans trust which I quite like. 

Campbell.png

Djabi.png

End Of Season.png

Hooper.png

Matthews.png

Reid.png

Squad.png

Takeover.png

Nantwich End Of Season 4 Review

I managed to get promoted finishing 7th in the league and just scraping into the play offs. I then beat Northampton 4-3 in the Play Offs 1st Round, then I beat Cheltenham 2-1 in the Semis and then finally I beat Maidstone 4-2 in the final.

Stand out players were Davies, Hallam and Matthews.

I even had the board expand my stadium 2nd season in a row.

My aim is just to stay in League 2 next year as it will be a big jump for my squad, anything else is a bonus.

Davies.png

End Of Season.png

Hallam.png

History.png

Matthews.png

My Manager Profile.png

Play Off Final.png

Promoted.png

Squad.png

Stadium Expansion.png

image.png.0ada7c87078828b1e869fea5d7fce63f.png

2041/42

I seemed to be unable to get going in the league this year, the number of games meant rotation was needed and this lead to loss of form. Spent all season in midtable.

In the league cup the team lost out 5-3 at home to Southampton in the Quarter final. Lost 3-2 away to Everton in the FA cup 5th Rd.

In the Europa League, i got through 2 rounds easily and won 4-0 at home to Real Hispalis in the final qualifying Rd 1st leg. Played my reserve players in the 2nd leg and lost 4-0. Needed an extra time goal to win the match. Qualified from the group after 3 games and played the reserve players for the last 3 games, they recorded a club record 10-0 win. Comfortably made it to the final where the team made hard work of winning but Sevilla never really threatened.

Finances were quite good from the euro cup run and i had splashed out on 2 potential world class players in Tsigros and Taushanov.

Cunha was injured for the last 5 months of the season so it was good that Barco stepped up especially in europe. Koffas ans Williams were the standout players along with Morgan.

2042/43

Generally did well this season in the league  with one bad patch where the team lost 4 in a row in nov and then in mar drew 3 in a row. This was enough to deny me the title.

Again reached the league cup quarter final before losing on penalties to Tottenham after a 2-2 draw away. In the FA cup the team went out to Cardifflosing 3-2 after extra time of the 4th rd replay.

In the CL cruised through the group and navigated the knockout rounds with too much trouble. The final was a close match with the winner coming from De Zan 7 mins from the end.

Finances went up a lot this year as a result of the CL win and clearing out some back up players.  Club Icon Paspalj and youth player Barnes left. Garcia never quite developed like i wanted and with the arrival of Cousin was no longer needed. I made a huge profit on Fitzgerald as i bought him for 100k and he barely played for Worthing.

Williams started the season on fire with 3 goals and 9 assists in 13 games but was then injured for 7 months coming back for the CL final, this was also costly for the title challenge as Music didn't manage those figures in 23 games. Morgan again was the leading player with the team captain Orellana also doing well.

2037/38   Premiership        16th        3rd Round          4th Round            N/A                 None
2038/39   Premiership        17th        4th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2039/40   Premiership         8th        5th Round          3rd Round            N/A                 None
2040/41   Premiership         7th        6th Round          Qtr Final            N/A                 Euro League Qualification
2041/42   Premiership        11th        5th Round          Qtr Final            EL Winners          Euro League Winners
2042/43   Premiership         2nd        4th Round          Qtr Final            CL Winners          Champions League Winners

Edited by Thebaker

Nantwich Season 5 Review

I managed to just about stay in the division and ended 17th in the league with 50 points.

So I managed to hit my objective for the season.

My finances are rubbish and it is hard to attract many decent players, so will be another tough season next season, I just hope I get a bit higher in the league.

I envy you lot who seem to get back to back promotions.

Any tips @dafuge and @Thebaker

End Of Season.png

Squad].png

@Ronaldo Beckham, mine is a slow burner so i can't offer too much advice on tactics.

For finances Worthing had big crowds from the start so finances have never been too bad.

Get high profile friendlies at the start of the season, scout all the youth players due to be released by the prem clubs in apr when the message come up. By Jul you should be able to sign some of the good ones, some may only last a season and you can sell them on. I made a lot from sell on fees of 50% which i always insisted on.

Logo.png.52b0b0d62ac358b39ea51e70ba749268.png

Stalybridge Celtic Season 11 2029/30

Premier League

League Table - on the last day of the year, it took an 81st minute winner from West Ham (against Everton) for us to qualify for the Champions League. On a last day where the stars needed to align, we overtook Arsenal who lost to Chelsea and Everton to finish 4th. Feels like we are still miles away from challenging for the title which is shown by the points differential but at least we made a little progress from last season.  Euro Cup was a good taste of European hammering teams in the group phase before being knocked out by AC Milan in the QF. They got their revenge for the beating we gave them 5-0 in a preaseason friendly. 

Lots of activity in the transfer market, but Mollard was the clear standout winning the league top goalscorer and getting into the team of the year (only two players outside of Manchester) breaking club records along the way. Man Utd triggered Ivica's release clause in Jan which I wasn't too happy about but brought in some rushed reinforcements which did ok for the remainder of the year. 

Was knocked out by a championship team in the 6th of the FA Cup and made it to the QF of the Caraboa cup before losing to Liverpool who went on to win it. 

Transfers     Finances    Squad

We're increasing the capacity of our stadium from 20k to 27k but will be playing in a reduced capacity of 18k for next year, a good 10k less than the Huddersfields John Smith stadium which we were playing in this year. Our training facilities are being upgraded and we're improving our youth level to level 2 as well.