[FM19] E19 - England to Level 19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, damianhucker said:

So... When the database is done and I add my club and the players am I going to have problems ? just going on whats been said above about editing then causing errors.. 

the adding club part is what's causing problems. Players in clubs doesn't matter because they are not 'connected' to the league structure, but teams are so trying to adding own teams TO THE PYRAMID may cause problems, yes.

4 hours ago, Bigpole said:

the adding club part is what's causing problems. Players in clubs doesn't matter because they are not 'connected' to the league structure, but teams are so trying to adding own teams TO THE PYRAMID may cause problems, yes.

Maybe Dan will be nice and put in the club im chairman of  lol (Rushcliffe FC), then ill only have to put the players on. We aren't in the league yet just playing friendlies til our debut league campaign for 19/20 season.. First team in Notts Senior League Division 2 (level 13 of the pyramid) and Reserves going into Midland & Notts Alliance division 2.   

Edited by damianhucker

7 hours ago, damianhucker said:

Maybe Dan will be nice and put in the club im chairman of  lol (Rushcliffe FC), then ill only have to put the players on. We aren't in the league yet just playing friendlies til our debut league campaign for 19/20 season.. First team in Notts Senior League Division 2 (level 13 of the pyramid) and Reserves going into Midland & Notts Alliance division 2.   

A safe method is to 'overwrite' a team in the database. You keep the original ID and location of the replaced club, but change the name of the club, name of the stadium and other such details. You can then go on to create new staff (including yourself if you're the chairman) and players with their names and have them at the club at the start. I regularly do that.

An annoying thing I've noticed about the editor is when you create a cup it only adds the number of first teams in the league and not the reserve teams so it means going into the game and noting the correct number of teams, annoying!!

EDIT: It's only where I've added reserve teams differently in Level 9 so not a major thing

Edited by Dan BHTFC

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:33, phnompenhandy said:

A safe method is to 'overwrite' a team in the database. You keep the original ID and location of the replaced club, but change the name of the club, name of the stadium and other such details. You can then go on to create new staff (including yourself if you're the chairman) and players with their names and have them at the club at the start. I regularly do that.

Overwrite a first team though im guessing rather than reserves ?

44 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

Great stuff Dan. I'm close to being sacked with my L12 club so will restart with this one. At what point to your leagues become amateur?

From Level 13 it will become amateur

Also full history of winners for the Southern Combination league cups plus also added all the league history plus backroom staff for Southwick

Edited by Dan BHTFC

En 11/2/2019 a las 9:21, Dan BHTFC dijo:

Level 12 with League Cups as far as I can has been released

Great work, Dan! One quick question: are you using other countries team such as Wales? Because im planning to played this DB with the welsh DB (7 tier), along with Ireland, N. Ireland and Scotland

9 hours ago, jeb_fm said:

Great work, Dan! One quick question: are you using other countries team such as Wales? Because im planning to played this DB with the welsh DB (7 tier), along with Ireland, N. Ireland and Scotland

I loaded up a save with an earlier version of Dan's file and all those leagues and it worked a treat (the exception was a Scottish file in xml format that I lightly edited - any fmf one that you tamper with is fine). :thup:

Edited by phnompenhandy

13 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

12 Level 13 divisions done, including obscure ones!

Are all those level 13 leagues connected upwards to head towards the football League or are some locked of with no promotion??

They are some super leagues to play :D:D:D

On 11/02/2019 at 09:19, Dan BHTFC said:

Currently adding league cups, the I'll be releasing Level 12 WITH League Cups

Then it's time to create Level 13

Cheers Dan :D 

Started a Kiveton Park save at Level 12 :thup:

Hi lads, quick question.

I've tried a few careers on the database now, this being my first fm I think I might be going wrong somewhere with my game setup. During my first season the players I can sign on frees are pretty OP and generally tear up tiers 9 down. I'm wondering is there a way I can make it so that the players being discovered by my scouting team are more at that level. Is there a way I can do this or should I just do academy challenge and use only the players I start with?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, timmins23 said:

Hi lads, quick question.

I've tried a few careers on the database now, this being my first fm I think I might be going wrong somewhere with my game setup. During my first season the players I can sign on frees are pretty OP and generally tear up tiers 9 down. I'm wondering is there a way I can make it so that the players being discovered by my scouting team are more at that level. Is there a way I can do this or should I just do academy challenge and use only the players I start with?

Thanks.

The game is set up by SI to be realistic down to level 6. Below that the quality of players is unreliable. Certainly for all sub-L6 semi-pro levels there is little difference, so if you want a challenge you have to build in your own. I myself do the Academy Challenge and that is tough enough. There is also the Director of Football challenge where you appoint a DoF and all transfer and contract activity is up to him (and he will be hopeless at this level). But you can make up other kinds such as signing only players over 30, or choose some attributes to go low such as maximum Determination 5. Another one I do is to create players for my team in the editor and set all starting CAs at 1. Whatever you do is going to lack authenticity as it's outside SI's remit, so go for whatever is fun for you.

Edited by phnompenhandy

8 hours ago, timmins23 said:

Hi lads, quick question.

Thanks.

One other option is to use the option "fill all playable teams with players". You will then have full rosters for every teams (no more grey players everywhere. In my experience, this makes things slightly more difficulte and realistic (you can still sign OP players but they have relatively less impact as the other squads are not empty or just filled with juniors).

18 ore fa, jam jameson ha scritto:

Ok, then we'd better to try and test it overnight before we get into the actual game

Two things:

1) ithe file seems ok after the first end-of-season, I've holidayed to november 2019 (very slow with 12 levels playable) and no error arose (I can't say whether every promoted team got to the right level 11 division though)

2) is there a reason why the ANGLIAN COMBINATION PREMIER at level 11 has no specific level 10 division addressed for the promoted teams? I've scrolled in the editor file, and the Others have a pattern. Is there a RL reason? does this mean that a team promoted from such division may be randomly put in any level 10 division?

11 minutes ago, potbellypigs said:

This is ridiculously slow.

Unless you have a severe beast of a machine, it will be.  All the extra leagues and cups and players will tax the processing.  If you are still in the first season, it gets much worse after the youth intake date.

Hi Dan!

You did a great Job here, i really appreciate that!

Tested the L12-Version with FA Cup, Trophy, Vase & League Cups holidaying for some saisons with focus on Levels 9-11. Promotion/relegation seems to work fine.

Wondering about FA Vase: Level 11 teams always seem to come from Central Midland Football League (CMPN, CMPS). Is that intended? And there is no competion history for FA Vase.

3 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Unless you have a severe beast of a machine, it will be.  All the extra leagues and cups and players will tax the processing.  If you are still in the first season, it gets much worse after the youth intake date.

Last years wasn't, and the level 10 one I'm running does alright.

20 hours ago, ghfkhfg987gjhgjhgg said:

Hi Dan!

You did a great Job here, i really appreciate that!

Tested the L12-Version with FA Cup, Trophy, Vase & League Cups holidaying for some saisons with focus on Levels 9-11. Promotion/relegation seems to work fine.

Wondering about FA Vase: Level 11 teams always seem to come from Central Midland Football League (CMPN, CMPS). Is that intended? And there is no competion history for FA Vase.

I'll look at adding the Vase history when I release Level 13

I started a new save with this yesterday but am restarting due to an editorial oversight on my part. I'm managing two sides, one as an Academy Challenge and the other as a Director of Football Challenge. I hadn't thought through that advertising for such posts at this level is unlikely to produce any response, so I've added two people with the editor. In the spirit of L12 amateur pub teams, I've added a hapless DoF-cum-HoYD to the DoF Challenge team and a chairman who doubles up as HoYD to the other - the Academy Challenge side. I'll write off yesterday as a trial run where I played about 30 pre-season friendlies in total (both senior teams, their reserves and youth sides), winning 2 and keeping a grand total of zero clean sheets. I'm finding at this level in FM19 the players are visibly more crap than they've ever been in previous versions!

11 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I'm finding at this level in FM19 the players are visibly more crap than they've ever been in previous versions!

This makes me happy. :applause:

How are you setting up the starting database options?  Add players to all teams? Small/Medium/Large database?  Any custom options?

46 minutes ago, jwchriste said:

This makes me happy. :applause:

How are you setting up the starting database options?  Add players to all teams? Small/Medium/Large database?  Any custom options?

Custom Database - small + all players from the 2 L12 divisions I'm managing in and the two above that I'll get promoted into - 6 divisions in all. I have the top divisions in the main European leagues to keep the international scene reasonable.

It gives me 38,000 players - 4* with my rig.

I add key staff and players - that way the opposition doesn't play greys and I have to deal with excess dross in my squads.

Today I fired up the new save this morning and spent six hours before I progressed to Day 2 where I played against my reserves. That's how long I take assessing all my players and tweaking a thousand times until I hit on the formation and tactics I think will serve me. I've got 50 pre-season friendlies lined up (senior, reserves and youth sides) to keep fine-tuning before the season gets underway.

just tried to have a little play while waiting on at least level 13 before starting properly.  and the file is causing issues with the Scottish league, says maximum 8 teams needed for u18s elite, but found 9.  been into editor to check and sure enough theres 9, but I cant edit it out.. whatever I try it still fails.. so it seems if I want to use this file I have to sacrifice Scottish, which wont load with the file selected.. unless theres something obvious im missing.   no other files loaded.

Edited by damianhucker

4 hours ago, damianhucker said:

just tried to have a little play while waiting on at least level 13 before starting properly.  and the file is causing issues with the Scottish league, says maximum 8 teams needed for u18s elite, but found 9.  been into editor to check and sure enough theres 9, but I cant edit it out.. whatever I try it still fails.. so it seems if I want to use this file I have to sacrifice Scottish, which wont load with the file selected.. unless theres something obvious im missing.   no other files loaded.

I have a lower league Scottish file loaded up with it - I'm managing a L12 English and L12 Scottish team. It's working fine - the only conflict is club IDs are messed with making the lower league logos made my Mickey a bit wrong. I've got 15 editor data files on the go - the only one I had to take out was the nobrexit fix.

On 13/02/2019 at 18:01, phnompenhandy said:

The game is set up by SI to be realistic down to level 6. Below that the quality of players is unreliable. Certainly for all sub-L6 semi-pro levels there is little difference, so if you want a challenge you have to build in your own. I myself do the Academy Challenge and that is tough enough. There is also the Director of Football challenge where you appoint a DoF and all transfer and contract activity is up to him (and he will be hopeless at this level). But you can make up other kinds such as signing only players over 30, or choose some attributes to go low such as maximum Determination 5. Another one I do is to create players for my team in the editor and set all starting CAs at 1. Whatever you do is going to lack authenticity as it's outside SI's remit, so go for whatever is fun for you.

Why is that? Is it because the DoF attributes are garbage or the AI is just not good at handling very low player ratings?

30 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Why is that? Is it because the DoF attributes are garbage or the AI is just not good at handling very low player ratings?

I can only get physios, scouts and coaching staff with attributes no higher than 2, so I assume his attributes will be similar. He'll be some guy who lives local to my village team.

I'm following a thread in FMCareer Updates where he's doing a DoF Head Coach challenge. He started at Hemel Hempstead in Van South where his DoF basically got him the sack. Now he's in the Championship with another team and had Dougie Freedman doing a great job. If you extrapolate from that the expected quality at the very bottom of the pyramid, it should be as hopeless as the rest of the staff and players.

In my new save I've got to the end of pre-season. I gave the DoF a list of players to get rid of and a list of requests of positions needing strengthening. So far, nadda.

In terms of your specific question, what I love about managing at this level is that mentally, I can so easily interpret any AI weaknesses as realism. So anything the AI is not good at handling simply makes the experience all the better. There are a couple of exceptions though that appear to be due to the latest hotfix. In my first friendly, against my own U18s, the ref gave us 2 red cards and 10 yellows. Since then I'm seeing red cards every 2 or 3 games and that's on easy tackling. The second thing is my part-time fat, one-legged, lazy opponents keep scoring 30-yard worldies in the 90th minute - maybe 30% of the goals scored at this level are Ibrahimovic-esque. Can't do anything about either, and the opposition definitely benefits more than we do, so I have to just suck that up until the next update.

Edited by phnompenhandy

2 hours ago, dap1987 said:

Is there any reason why a team wouldn't be involved in the FA Cup?  I started a save with Wythenshawe Amateur (should be Amateurs btw) and we didn't get put into the FA Cup prelim round?

what league/level are they

3 hours ago, dap1987 said:

Is there any reason why a team wouldn't be involved in the FA Cup?  I started a save with Wythenshawe Amateur (should be Amateurs btw) and we didn't get put into the FA Cup prelim round?

Dan hasn't finished the database yet. His first 'beta' had no cups, then the next had some and so on.

1 hour ago, dap1987 said:

They are in Level 10 - North West Counties Division One South

Pretty sure dans fa cup doesn't include level 10 teams .  You should get fa vase though

Edit

Just checked my save from level 10 and my team are not in the FA Cup but are in the FA vase

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Pretty sure dans fa cup doesn't include level 10 teams .  You should get fa vase though

Edit

Just checked my save from level 10 and my team are not in the FA Cup but are in the FA vase

Thanks mate, just that Maine Road in my division were in it but they got relegated last season so maybe that is why?