What's your manager name?

Very creative answers here, make me think!

I always use my name and same profile, as I try to benchmark myself. (Whenever my Leaderboard is available).

But I might take the more creative route next time...

On 12/06/2018 at 04:49, Ron Wandle said:

I use my own date of birth, height and so on. I used to add ten years to my age, to make it feel more realistic, but I don't need to do that any more. I even used the upload your own photo feature this year. Essentially "Ron Wandle" is me, or my footballing alter-ego.

I always used to do that with my age...then all of a sudden I was old enough at 32 that it was in the realms of being realistic given a few of the young managers out there these days. I noted three major conclusions here:

1) My potential career as a world class player, at 32, was likely not going to happen. 

2) I've played a lot of FM over the years, roughly 5000-7500 hours at a calculated estimate.

3) This may have impacted my potential as a footballer, or functioning citizen of the real world.

I change my name depending on country, it generally has some relation to my real name or initials, or is a play on the team I manage...

For example if im Scotland im always Ally McParr

England, generally is Al English

Brazil is Brasili Al

Portugal... Aose Pourinho

You get the gist of it... currently im called Sal Ford, no guesses on who im managing :D

• 1 year later...

My main game is always myself, but then I'll start other games and make up random names.  Sir Cheeto Burrito is the current side game.

I used to make up a bunch of names like mine and try to take over the HoF, but I just do not have the motivation for that anymore.

I am an American, but my ancestors came to this country from Europe/Slovakia (Austro-Hungarian Empire) before World War 1 and my name was changed at Ellis Island to sound more "American." So I took my real first name, Matt, and turned it into the Slovakian version Matus. I then use the name BEFORE it was changed, Resnajavek, and I like to start my saves in the Slovak lower leagues and grow my reputation there. So, Matus Resnajavek at your service.

Names ive used in the past 

Dante Thunderstorm 

Professor Foreskin

Isaac Strongbeef

Matt thompson(he insisted on the small t)

Currently my manager is Ethan Brooks, born In New Zealand and always loved Football, despite it not being a popular sport in his country.

He emigrated to Finland and played a career in the Finnish lower leagues, as he wasnt very good at the game.

He was also a part time lumber jack, and had battled alcoholism through his career, may have been the reason he could play at high enough level.

Due to his alcholism he made his fair share of bad choices, his wife left him for a an Australian footballer.

He then found his calling in management when he became player manager of his lower league team in his early 30s, now hes stepped into full time management and had had moderate success with HIFK.

Errrm, yeah I create a mad back story in my for my managers.

I thought I was the only one who made up manager names! I try to make them reflect the nation somehow. 

Australia: Koala Jones

Denmark: Thor Hammerall

Korea: Kim Chee (That’s terrible. I apologize.)

I think my next manager will be Imman Idiot. I want to see a headline that reads “Idiot Leads Rovers to Victory”.