Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try one of the challenges and post your progress here. Or start a new career with a goal in mind. Or try and take Shamrock Rovers to win the Champions League?

I might start a 1 club save (well start at a club from the start instead of unemployed) after the 2nd patch. I have an idea in mind and it's involving the Yanks and Canadians again. :D

Try one of the challenges and post your progress here. Or start a new career with a goal in mind. Or try and take Shamrock Rovers to win the Champions League?

I might start a 1 club save (well start at a club from the start instead of unemployed) after the 2nd patch. I have an idea in mind and it's involving the Yanks and Canadians again. :D

Those were my thoughts rancer.

I usually wait till the final patch to start my Rovers game ( also to coincide with the start of the season :D )

I was thinking of one of the challenges, maybe the european one or the level 10 one.

Another option was one more based on international management so Ill ponder for the next few days but I will definatly report here because I know how you all love hearing about my failures :(

My Donegal Celtic career corrupted, maybe it was a sign as I was about to be sacked anyway. I might start a new one, managing nations I've never managed before (only done mainstream, Argentina, Spain etc) before setting off on an exotic club game after a few years. Thoughts?

If it feels slow in your first season or two I'd pack it in. That's what I did in my first career in here. Loaded over 50 leagues IIRC and by season 3 it was painful, so I restarted and now bask in the glory of a speedy worldwide game :cool:

Speaking of... Would be great if we could add and remove leagues between seasons for FM11.

For example, you may load all the leagues of Italy, Spain and England, but then get really involved in one country. Would be great if you could then limit the leagues in other countries to just the top one, or remove the whole thing. It may just take up space and time for no to little added benefit.

I wish that was an option too.

I guess it is probably a matter of data issues and other complications associated with setting up the leagues when a save game has already started. To be honest though, I wouldn't care if it was only possible when using fake players, for instance, and perhaps only possible to change the configuration at the start of a new season. It would still be great to have as an option. :thup:

Its been that long since I have done it but how do you post a link but call the link something else if you know what I mean? I want to post a link to Daniel Aquino but want to call the link Aquino.

Aquino[ /url] but without the space between the = and the website and without the space between the [ and the /. :thup:

I'm really regretting not loading South Korea now, a lot of players are signing there. :(

Speaking of... Would be great if we could add and remove leagues between seasons for FM11.

Didn't we used to be able to do this one of the CM's back in the day?

I'm might be making it up but I could swear that it was a feature.

Its been that long since I have done it but how do you post a link but call the link something else if you know what I mean? I want to post a link to Daniel Aquino but want to call the link Aquino.

There's a faster way that I only found a few weeks ago. If you use the 'advanced' posting feature (found in the edit profile bit) you can click the icon with a globe and a chain under it. So you'd type Aquino, highlight the bit you wanted the link to be (so 'Aquino' in this eg) and then click the globe button. Then paste the link and its done for you :thup:

There's a faster way that I only found a few weeks ago. If you use the 'advanced' posting feature (found in the edit profile bit) you can click the icon with a globe and a chain under it. So you'd type Aquino, highlight the bit you wanted the link to be (so 'Aquino' in this eg) and then click the globe button. Then paste the link and its done for you :thup:

If only someone had put that in the READ ME FIRST thread ;)

I'm using that too. But it's an atrocious job to do the links and tables. When I used the most advanced version, the WYSIWYG thing, then the tables got fecked up because multiple spaces were transformed to one. But using the next most advanced I have to locate the stuff I'm going to link in the middle of lots of cluttered text. Usually takes a couple of goes before it looks half-decent.

Oh. That doesn't sound fun. I just do all my tables in notepad and copy directly between the 'code' brackets and that comes out identical to how it looks on notepad. Links I find much easier now with the method I described above.

I found that in FM10 you can go from start of season to new years and from new years to end of season. I save the game as Ajax 2.1, then on Janaury first I save it as Ajax 2.2 and then at the end of the seaosn I can look through both saves and have all the matches available.

August - End of December

Start of Jan - End of season.

:thup:

Not sure what team to go now seen as though my laptop decided to crash and the only way to fix it is to wipe everything, costing me $160. :eek:

So what team should I go people? I haven't had a game with UNITED yet, not sure about doing another LL game again. Hmm suggestions?

You can still see all the match stats, watch highlights etc? If so, how? It's a pain in the backside saving udner different names so that I can review when I get a chance.

Yes. I'm now in July 2015, and just checked the goals of our first friendly 6 years ago.

It only works for my own team though. I checked a random team and the oldest match where the link to the match worked was 30.08.2014. So almost a year back.

I'm on Large database, if that matters.

I've just started a Level 9 career with my local club. Something i've always wanted to do and thanks to the hard work of the FM community (thanks to superbladesman) I finally can :thup:.

I say go for it rgeardless of the irrelevant accusations from members. I said it in your thread (acidmonkey) and i'll say it hear too; the reason I wanted this forum to be created was so members could keep people abreast of their journey in FM no matter how they play it (LLM style, big club, small club, international management). I'm not saying for one minute that you "cheated", I don't think you have and the thought had never crossed my mind. The point is accusations of this nature shouldn't ever be posted in threads, they're irrelevant. If people don't like it then don't read it. Of course i'm not saying everything has to be "backslapping and good comments only" as one poster once summed up this forum, but I'm sure you're like me in welcoming criticism...just not needless accusations.

As for who to sign AcidBurn...it doesn't really matter...they're all carp that far down! One tip I would say though is to get some quality in on loans from local, bigger clubs. It's working for me anyway :D.

Archived