FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

I'm contemplating starting a new game in Italy with either Milan or Fiorentina.

I'm assuming the Fiorentina save may be a more challenging start with their lower quality players and lower budget but I could see the Milan save being challenging, especially trying to win the Champions League for a 6th time. What are people's experiences with this?

I would like to play a 3421/3412 formation which Milan's starting squad appears great for, Fiorentina less so but assume Chiesa for instance could play as a SS. 

Also I would like to try and sign mostly Italian players (Pellegri, Melegoni, Barella, D'Amico, etc) with the odd South American thrown in where needed. Milan appears to have a lot of good Italian players right from the start but as Fiorentina are these players attainable by season 2-3? 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MrWhite09 said:

I'm contemplating starting a new game in Italy with either Milan or Fiorentina.

I'm assuming the Fiorentina save may be a more challenging start with their lower quality players and lower budget but I could see the Milan save being challenging, especially trying to win the Champions League for a 6th time. What are people's experiences with this?

I would like to play a 3421/3412 formation which Milan's starting squad appears great for, Fiorentina less so but assume Chiesa for instance could play as a SS. 

Also I would like to try and sign mostly Italian players (Pellegri, Melegoni, Barella, D'Amico, etMy formasion c) with the odd South American thrown in where needed. Milan appears to have a lot of good Italian players right from the start but as Fiorentina are these players attainable by season 2-3? 

I'm trying to do the same with Milan- get a team full of Italians within 2-3 years and dominate the world again.

My formation will be a 5-2-1-2 and the aim is to try and sign the following players and dominate for years

Bastoni, Claud Adjapong, Luca Pellegrini, Melegoni, D'Amico, Pellegri.

After these signings will hopefully have the below starting 11:-

The Don

Romagnoli         Bonucci          Bastoni

Adjapong                                                        Pellegrini

Melegoni          Locatelli

D'Amico

Cutrone       Pellegri

Will see how it goes..

11 minutes ago, Moelyn5 said:

I'm trying to do the same with Milan- get a team full of Italians within 2-3 years and dominate the world again.

My formation will be a 5-2-1-2 and the aim is to try and sign the following players and dominate for years

Bastoni, Claud Adjapong, Luca Pellegrini, Melegoni, D'Amico, Pellegri.

After these signings will hopefully have the below starting 11:-

The Don

Romagnoli         Bonucci          Bastoni

Adjapong                                                        Pellegrini

Melegoni          Locatelli

D'Amico

Cutrone       Pellegri

Will see how it goes..

Awesome, I think you've just made me want to start with Milan! No Calabria for WBR?

I'm contemplating a return to Serie A, after enjoying Inter, Juve and Napoli saves in FM17.

I think I've narrowed it down to:

Lazio - Savic and Anderson both doing well for me in my Dortmund save. Plus Lucas Leiva is there too.

Inter - Really enjoyed the save with them last year.

Atalanta - Whilst I know they've lost a few of their good young players, I'm guessing they have a fresh batch coming through, along with Melegoni?

Well after 3 seasons  I managed to win serie A With Atalanta- on the last day. With us and Inter on level points it went to the final game. We won 4-1 vs palmeiro and they drew which meant we won it!  

Amazing feeling - we retained the TIM cup too. My manager Alias Fabrizo Ravanilli won manager of the year too.  a few big jobs that might be coming up including Juventus and Barcelona 

So will apply if they become available I think  as this is a career save

Ahhhh i have been offered the Arsenal job! Not sure what to do it is a career save so it would be the best move for it but the romantic side of me is telling me to have a season with my Atlanta side in the champions league.....i could always do both i suppose lol 

4 ore fa, velvetsky ha scritto:

Ahhhh i have been offered the Arsenal job! Not sure what to do it is a career save so it would be the best move for it but the romantic side of me is telling me to have a season with my Atlanta side in the champions league.....i could always do both i suppose lol 

Or you can move and buy your fav Atalanta player/youngster :D I know some don't like this to not ruin what they made before but well, happens even in real life sometimes

I have moved to Arsenal - the lure of a bigger club was just too great for how I play the game (build my reputation and climb the ladder). I have the Atalanta game saved just after we won the league so If I have a change of heart i shall reload that and get stuck in to our title defence

31 minutes ago, velvetsky said:

I have moved to Arsenal - the lure of a bigger club was just too great for how I play the game (build my reputation and climb the ladder). I have the Atalanta game saved just after we won the league so If I have a change of heart i shall reload that and get stuck in to our title defence

Sensible back-up plan.

Decided to start an AC Milan game and similar to a few posts on this thread will only allow myself to purchase Italian players. I was tempted to add in Dutch players as well as the likes of Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Seedorf etc have excelled in Milan but thought I would take on the harder challenge.

So far signed:

Eddy Salcedo - less than £1m

Sturaro - £6.5m (Backup player and immediately worth £18.5m after signing)

I am looking at Berardi for about £20m as my main signing.

Can anyone recommend some young fullbacks that are attainable in the first window and for what price? Looking for some back ups to Rodriguez/Calabria/Conti(when fit) so that I can get the wages of Abate & Antonelli off the books.

Thank you.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:45, velvetsky said:

well I moved and I am top of the EPL.....Life should be great....But there is no excitment

I am missing Serie A and my Championship winning Atalanta Team....

Although 6 months have passed and FabRav is doing well in England,  may have to reload the save after just clinching the title.

Well I have returned and within 2 weeks was offered the vacant national job - which I am undecided to take and run along side  - My thoughts on this season is to purchase a New CB I am looking at Wesley Hoedt who is at Man City in the game and keep Falcao to tutor the younger forwards. But the key will be blooding the younger players this season. I wont be signing any other players unless they can offer the experience to bring on the youth. I shall show you my team when i am next on.

7 ore fa, velvetsky ha scritto:

Well I have returned and within 2 weeks was offered the vacant national job - which I am undecided to take and run along side  - My thoughts on this season is to purchase a New CB I am looking at Wesley Hoedt who is at Man City in the game and keep Falcao to tutor the younger forwards. But the key will be blooding the younger players this season. I wont be signing any other players unless they can offer the experience to bring on the youth. I shall show you my team when i am next on.

Please can you post a screenshot of Barella? Thanks :) 
Is Carnesecchi already that good?!

I highly recommend the Atalanta save.

Towards the end of the first season, I was stuck at midtable  and we had 10 games left- deservedly we made 10/10 wins and finished 4th and qualified to CL (not to mention i was on level points with the 3rd spot team, Inter)

starting to get ready for the second season, my first priority was to secure the permanent deals of our 2 star players-Orsolini & Caldara.

we desperately need 3 more players but our budget is gone, we’ll have to figure something out i guess. (loan?)

when i get home, i’ll update my development with pictures

Currently starting my 3rd season as Roma. Despite their horrific debts (monthly outgoing on debts along is £2.85mil) I've had fairly decent level of success! I've finished 2nd in the league twice, won the Italian Cup and won the Europa League, both in the second season. My transfer budget has only ever been £8mil per season, so have had to sell players in order to purchase! I play a 4-3-3 DM. This is my squad:

GK: Rajkovic/Sportiello

RB: Karsdorp, Florenzi

CB: Manolas, Christensen, Vallejo (loan), Regen

LB: Luca Pellegrini, Emerson, (tagliafico out on loan)

DM: Marcos Llorente (also looking to sign Wendel from Fluminese)

CM:Nainggolan, Sturaro, Pellegrini, Alessio Riccardi

RW: Cengiz Under, Berardi, Regen (17 year old who is already Serie A standard)

LW: El Shaarawy, Perotti

ST: Pietro Pellegri, Patrick Schick, Calleri

Notable outgoings: Strootman was sold for 40mil to Man City, De Rossi retired and Dzeko was sold to Sevilla for 15mil

I'm looking at signing a new RB, CB and a new LW to replace Perotti who has been fantastic, but is getting on and is very injury prone. I've been lucky with regens and have a RW who is already challenge Under as first choice and a CB who is out on loan in Serie B. I also have a CB regen who is looking very promising!

Any else playing as Roma this year? And can anyone recommend how best to improve my squad?

We are about to get start with our second season at Atlanta. 

first season ended with 4th place in the league, with no other significant achievements elsewhere. 

this transfer season we tried to continue our policy of buying young and talented italian wonderkids, and i'm also very happy to be able to keep our star players Caldara & Orsolini 

As you can see from the attachments underneath, we spent 89m and received 80m in transfers, we sold or released 28 players and also strengthened the team with great youngsters like Barella and Pellegri (hopefully along with Petagna, he'll be a good cover for the forward spot for many years to come)  

LAST WORD: our team for the future is set. from this point onwards, unless we sell a star player we'll make 2-3 adjustments per summer, at most. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 04.50.58.png

Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 04.56.13.png

4 hours ago, Daws88 said:

Can anyone tell me what sort of transfer budget Atalanta get after this first season? 

Just holidayed a season with Lazio and the budget was 2 million. Swerving that save now. 

I'm not really sure because i had plently left from the first season, but you have lots of players coming back from loan- you can sell them easily- for example i sold Paloschi for 12m, Marilungo for 2.5m, Radunovic for 2.9m etc.. I generated a really solid income from those unimportant players, i sold&released 28 players thats how i generated 80m income and be able to buy Caldara and Orsolini from Juve. 

Just now, CapaJr said:

I'm not really sure because i had plently left from the first season, but you have lots of players coming back from loan- you can sell them easily- for example i sold Paloschi for 12m, Marilungo for 2.5m, Radunovic for 2.9m etc.. I generated a really solid income from those unimportant players, i sold&released 28 players thats how i generated 80m income and be able to buy Caldara and Orsolini from Juve. 

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the transfer arranged for Gagliardini goes into your budget too? Same with Kessie the season later. 

1 hour ago, Daws88 said:

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the transfer arranged for Gagliardini goes into your budget too? Same with Kessie the season later. 

They are probably added earlier to our budget, but you dont really see that huge number though- forget it :)

Took Parma back to top flight in my first season by winning he title with Palombi(Lazio) and Gori(Frosioni) both on loan as star players also managed to sign Gerson to be my DLP and he starred. 

I'm 4points away from winning top division in my 1st season there with Palombi on fire again with 27goals. 

Italian saves are great as you have a chance of winning trophys with literally anybody.

Started a save with Atalanta, didn't sign anyone in the first window. Sold Drame to Crotone for £350K and let Mallamo go out on loan to Campodarsego. 

Top of the pile after 6 games with maximum points. Jose Mourinho has been in the stands for my past 3 games, apparently looking at my top scorer Gomez. 

Flung Freuler into the u20's after he threw a hissy fit about a new contract. Said he could have a new one at the end of the season, he just threw his toys out the pram.

EDIT: And he's a liar!

liar.png

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 21:12, coop76 said:

Took Parma back to top flight in my first season by winning he title with Palombi(Lazio) and Gori(Frosioni) both on loan as star players also managed to sign Gerson to be my DLP and he starred. 

I'm 4points away from winning top division in my 1st season there with Palombi on fire again with 27goals. 

Italian saves are great as you have a chance of winning trophys with literally anybody.

Well I just managed it as 4 games left needing 4points I went and lost my next 2 games before going 1-0 down to Sassulo so it really was squeaky bum time but I came back to win 5-2 so along with Inter and Juve both dropping points I wrapped the title up in possibly my best achievement in any FM due to the budgets at Parma. 

Anyway lost Palombi now due to loan ending plus a few others who wouldn't sign new contracts as I couldn't afford to renew but cant wait for Champions League with this squad anything is possible.

Well in Sept 2021 I have made a triumphant return to Serie A - having resigned from Arsenal - Fabrizio Ravanelli takes over the vacant Position at Champions Ac Milan as Carlo Ancelotti goes to Barcelona. 

My manager 

image.thumb.png.ff91fd1bb4941e0cd5bfd186b94b999f.png

The squad I inherit  

image.thumb.png.466e548c971f0e78128c6228b894246a.png

Although from the outside it doesn't look the best - its quite well balanced - although we are in need of a Defender and Striker (as Wellbeck is going to return to Arsenal ASAP) 

Into my 5th season with Inter Milan. Won the league every season. Lost in the champs league final too Psg. I'm at the stage now where my team is complete in my opinion, meaning I have nearly 100 million left in the transfer budget but have no idea where I need too strengthen. Right back is the only position. Feel like I need a new save. 

4 hours ago, FMbeginner said:

@Daws88 could I see your squad please??

20180128193955_1.thumb.jpg.b327b5dfc6793ad9de8730bfced6094e.jpg

There you go. This isnt my first choice 11, i rotate every game.

Sold Fekir to West Ham, hasnt been amaxzing. Meurnier is joining Roma too.

I have a pre arranged transfer for Passlack who has cost me £53 million.

Schick is doing really well, apart from being a moody bugger as city and Monaco are after him. I signed him for 18m and haven't regretted it. Angel Correa is a must buy for me, he scores outrageous goals and always assists.

Wendel was hardly playing for Real when I signed him, nothing special first half of season but he has become a steady player for me. Had too sell Kondogbia too give Wendel game time. You should get the best out of his ability as long as you play him.

Gagliardini is my best player currently, always making things happen. 

How are you getting on with Roma? I failed with them, ended up 6th and was sacked. 

@Daws88 What of goals (& assists) record do Correa and Schick have for you? I can't the best out of Schick. Hasn't scored over 15 goals a season yet... In season 4 now. 

I'm doing well considering the £3mil a month debt repayments are killing my transfer budget each year. I've been having to sell to buy, but it's worked fairly well. Giving young players game time whilst lowering my wage bill. The first 3 years I finished 2nd in the league, only ever a few points behind Juventus. In the second year I won the Europa League and Coppa Italia. De Rossi scored the winner in the Europa League final in his final game before retirement! Third year I won the Super Cup against Chelsea but got demolished by Juventus in the Italian Super Cup.

My squad (not on the game currently, but should be accurate)

GK: Rajkovic, Sportiello

CB: Manolas, Christensen, REGEN, REGEN (one is 19 year old centre back who is rotation with Manolas)

LB: Emerson, Tagliafico (Luca Pellegrini is out on loan after 3 seasons rotation... he just hasn't developed well)

CM: Wendel, Marcos Llorente, Nainggolan, Alessio Ricardi, Lorenzo Pellegrini

AM: Barco, REGEN

RW: Cengiz Under, REGEN (awesome 18 year old through my academy who is pretty much first choice)

LW: El Shaarawy, Chiesa 

ST: Schick, Calleri, Pietro Pellegri

Just now, FMbeginner said:

@Daws88 What of goals (& assists) record do Correa and Schick have for you? I can't the best out of Schick. Hasn't scored over 15 goals a season yet... In season 4 now. 

I'm doing well considering the £3mil a month debt repayments are killing my transfer budget each year. I've been having to sell to buy, but it's worked fairly well. Giving young players game time whilst lowering my wage bill. The first 3 years I finished 2nd in the league, only ever a few points behind Juventus. In the second year I won the Europa League and Coppa Italia. De Rossi scored the winner in the Europa League final in his final game before retirement! Third year I won the Super Cup against Chelsea but got demolished by Juventus in the Italian Super Cup.

My squad (not on the game currently, but should be accurate)

GK: Rajkovic, Sportiello

CB: Manolas, Christensen, REGEN, REGEN (one is 19 year old centre back who is rotation with Manolas)

LB: Emerson, Tagliafico (Luca Pellegrini is out on loan after 3 seasons rotation... he just hasn't developed well)

CM: Wendel, Marcos Llorente, Nainggolan, Alessio Ricardi, Lorenzo Pellegrini

AM: Barco, REGEN

RW: Cengiz Under, REGEN (awesome 18 year old through my academy who is pretty much first choice)

LW: El Shaarawy, Chiesa 

ST: Schick, Calleri, Pietro Pellegri

That's a nice squad you have there. When did you get Pellegri? He went too arsenal on mine. Have aimed for mainly Italians though. Chiesa is one I will go for when Perisic contract runs out, no one wants him whilst he's on 170k p/w

I will get the stats up for Schick and Correa when I'm next on. Correa will be a great tutor for Barco. 

I would like too do another Roma save, there a fun side too be. The loan repayments always makes it more fun I think, I mean I'm in the clear with debt now and just have too much money now haha, makes a change for Italy though! 

Hopefully you win the league this time round then. 

5 ore fa, Gungner ha scritto:

I really want to start an Italian save, but it's just too easy... 

I've played as Milan, Fiorentina and Torino, and with all 3, I won the title in the first season. That's just not fun :/ 

You are a monster but try idk some weaker team or even in serie B for example Parma to come back the good team it was (Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Veron, Crespo etc)

I don't think I'm a monster, I think the AI is just too weak. I mean, the top teams all lost to teams they should beat easily, and lost to each other, which made it easy for me to take a solid lead, where the eventual slip-up didn't mean a thing. 

But yeah, Parma is a really good shout. Might give them a go. 

18 hours ago, Gungner said:

I really want to start an Italian save, but it's just too easy... 

I've played as Milan, Fiorentina and Torino, and with all 3, I won the title in the first season. That's just not fun :/ 

Agree with this, had the same experience with Atalanta, Torino, Genoa and Lazio. Under AI control Juventus and the Milans don't do well enough with the players they have.

@Daws88 I bought Pellegri in August 2018. I spent the the whole of the first season trying to unsettle him and then spent most of my transfer budget on him! 10mil in the end - happy with that! I've been trying to build a mostly Italian side, but the decent Italian players have been too expensive to sign most of the time unless you have 50mil in the bank... which Roma don't have!

Roma is definitely a fun game, especially because of those debts. Stops you spending crazy money every year: have to look for some bargains and give youth players a chance.

@Gungner Pescara and Parma are my go to games in Italy. And Pro Vercelli are former Italian heavyweights who could be worth a shout for a long term game?? 

I'm going to give Roma a go on one of the custom transfer updates. I got sacked 2nd season with Roma in a previous save when the game first come out. Dzeko done his cruciates and I only had Schick as my only other striker. 

Great business getting Rugani and Pulisic stevecummins78 I've personally never been able to get Juve to sell Rugani. 

I am currently doing a Napoli save but I feel that Roma have more potential for the future.

Archived