Sports Interactive Community
Uncle_Sam

[FM18] Uncle Sam Real Life USA Pyramid - v2.5 RELEASED!

I'm making progress on the data, but I'm about to be faced with a tough call. The NASL is probably inches away from folding. The champion San Francisco Deltas... folded yesterday. North Carolina FC moved to the USL today. That leaves six teams with two expansion teams to start next season. There is even some evidence that FC Edmonton will also withdraw from the league. Meanwhile The USL now stands at 38 teams (including all future expansion teams). When the NASL folds (which it almost certainly will), will the clubs all fold or move to the USL? This makes this whole project a huge headache.

EDIT: And in another example of how volatile the situation is, San Francisco may not have folded. It does appear likely, as they had the worst attendance despite winning the league.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

Ya I would just leave NASL as an independent league with no connection to the MLS maybe or the american leagues. I mean in real life they aren't connected to the MLS. Also if you look at the USSF new ruling they are no longer considered a division two side only the USL is. Although it be sad seeing someone like the Cosmos no longer a team if they do fall apart in real life. @Uncle Sam

Edited by Cheronobyl

The NASL has become quite the joke. Detroit City, an NPSL team, outdrew all of the teams except Indy Eleven. Chattanooga FC is another NPSL team and is also from a very small market (relatively), outdrew half the NASL teams.

You could try to keep the teams that still pull a decent fan base or a relatively sufficient market and put them into USL, USL3, or lower etc. Then just fold that ones that don't get anyone.

8 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

I'm making progress on the data, but I'm about to be faced with a tough call. The NASL is probably inches away from folding. The champion San Francisco Deltas... folded yesterday. North Carolina FC moved to the USL today. That leaves six teams with two expansion teams to start next season. There is even some evidence that FC Edmonton will also withdraw from the league. Meanwhile The USL now stands at 38 teams (including all future expansion teams). When the NASL folds (which it almost certainly will), will the clubs all fold or move to the USL? This makes this whole project a huge headache.

EDIT: And in another example of how volatile the situation is, San Francisco may not have folded. It does appear likely, as they had the worst attendance despite winning the league.

Rochester in USL is also on the brink..

11 hours ago, Lolo685 said:

Rochester in USL is also on the brink..

Yea, I read they're on a desperate search for an investor. That would be sad, they're the last non-MLS team to win the Open Cup. I'm not one of those militant pro/rel fanatics, but they would be a sad casualty of the rigid system. I bet they wouldn't have much trouble finding an investor if they had the prospect of promotion.

8 minutes ago, willz71172 said:

if i use your usa 2017 file just want the competitions will they work in fm18

No, it will not work.

Once again, beautiful work to come.

I'm preparing an update according to my preferences for the USA. Less detailed technically than yours.

In D2, I'm going to put USL (with expansions clubs). Maybe, with three conferences.

In D3, I'm going to organize a championship with NASL ans NISA team's. I'm also going to add clubs of NPSL, ASL, UPSL... (Boca Raton, Détroit, Virginia, Hartford, Arizona, New Orelans).

10 hours ago, niceman14 said:

I'm preparing an update according to my preferences for the USA. Less detailed technically than yours.

In D2, I'm going to put USL (with expansions clubs). Maybe, with three conferences.

In D3, I'm going to organize a championship with NASL ans NISA team's. I'm also going to add clubs of NPSL, ASL, UPSL... (Boca Raton, Détroit, Virginia, Hartford, Arizona, New Orelans).

What I'm leaning towards right now is just putting all NASL, USL, and proposed NISA and USL3 teams together and create two divisions: USL and USL3 with pro/rel. All MLS B/2 sides will probably start in USL3.

On 19/11/2017 at 11:37, niceman14 said:

19 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

What I'm leaning towards right now is just putting all NASL, USL, and proposed NISA and USL3 teams together and create two divisions: USL and USL3 with pro/rel. All MLS B/2 sides will probably start in USL3.

According to me, you should put pro/rel also between NASL and NISA becaus one of NISA's missions is introduce pro/rel.

However, how much team will be in MLS?

Edmonton and San Francisco leave the NASL... It begins to become too complicate to create an update. Personally, I will see an inversion USL (for D2) and ... NISA (D3 with the disappearance of the NASL). Indy Eleven and San Diego would go to USL ... Cosmos would continue in NISA (I think that they bluff when they tell to stop if they go to D3)... 

Quick Update: I am still working on this update. I honestly don't have a ton of free time but every opportunity I get I'm working on data. Right now I'm adding the UPSL clubs and thinking about what options I have to recreate that division as close to real life as I can.

And yes, FC Edmonton and the San Francisco Deltas have now folded, so the NASL as of now only has 7 teams. Until we know what the league will look like in 2018, that means I'll probably just add the remaining NASL teams to the USL.

6 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Quick Update: I am still working on this update. I honestly don't have a ton of free time but every opportunity I get I'm working on data. Right now I'm adding the UPSL clubs and thinking about what options I have to recreate that division as close to real life as I can.

And yes, FC Edmonton and the San Francisco Deltas have now folded, so the NASL as of now only has 7 teams. Until we know what the league will look like in 2018, that means I'll probably just add the remaining NASL teams to the USL.

Sad! FCE were NASL loyalists.. not a good sign to see them gone. Also pretty much confirms they'll be looking to play CanPL

Edited by Lolo685

6 minutes ago, Lolo685 said:

Sad! FCE were NASL loyalists.. not a good sign to see them gone. Also pretty much confirms they'll be looking to play CanPL

They may reconstitute and join the CPL, but from what I've read they have ceased operations entirely.

I gather Liverpool Warriors have ceased to be an NPSL team.

Just a youth development program now.

Any estimation on when the database will be finished? I can't wait to use this database and start a journeymen with Anthony Pulis and my local side Saint Louis FC!

On 12/2/2017 at 05:13, Uncle_Sam said:

They may reconstitute and join the CPL, but from what I've read they have ceased operations entirely.

Indeed they have.. They've only left the Academy open

Thanks in advance for your effort! Really looking forward to this file :)

Will you do NCAA and USSDA too, as you did last year?

18 ore fa, Sirca ha scritto:
hi where can I download?

You can download when this file will be done. This file is in progress, as you can read in first (and in other one) meassage

7 часов назад, PaMi 7 сказал:

You can download when this file will be done. This file is in progress, as you can read in first (and in other one) meassage

when it is about ready ?

16 ore fa, Sirca ha scritto:
when it is about ready ?

Excuse me but why you don't read the first message of this topic?

If you had red it, you should know that I'm not the author of this file so I can't answer you. The autohr of this file is user Uncle_Sam so you must ask to him.

Cheers

4 часа назад, PaMi 7 сказал:

Excuse me but why you don't read the first message of this topic?

If you had red it, you should know that I'm not the author of this file so I can't answer you. The autohr of this file is user Uncle_Sam so you must ask to him.

Cheers

and I want to ask you! I like you

2 ore fa, Sirca ha scritto:
and I want to ask you! I like you

But I don't know because Uncle_Sam is the author of this file, he is creating......

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 05:15, wkdsoul said:

Can the 33% transfer take be removed from the MLS/USA? Anyone know?

Try looking, in the Editing Tool,  at the Transfers section and see if it's there.

44 minutes ago, soccermot said:

Try looking, in the Editing Tool,  at the Transfers section and see if it's there.

I thought it might be, had a look cant see anything obv. might be one of the income tax rules. i'll trial and error it.  cheers soccermot

Great to see you back, @Uncle_Sam! And great news that the work on the data is continuing. I'm sure you will find the best solution for the NASL/USL thing.

I've finished the PDL data, moving on to the NPSL. I've finished a couple of clubs but they've added several.

Can't wait for the file - I'm the first one who'll download it as soon as it is released!

I have been waiting for this and your pro rel database to really get stuck into a save great work as always. On fm 17 I made Miami fc a North American powerhouse on your pro rel database looking foward to doing the same again.

Hey there,

This is looking great. What will you do with the MLS itself? Will you include the future teams of Miami & Nashville? Nashville was confirmed not too long ago aswell (for 2019 or 2020).

Ha, here is some more maddening stuff. The NASL will not start until August this year. So some of the NASL clubs are going to be competing in the NPSL in the meantime. Miami FC is fielding an NPSL team for this season only, but it's going to technically be called Miami FC 2. WTF am I supposed to do with that? I had hoped the new USSF President would step in and sort this out but they just hired another guy from the current establishment so I doubt very much will change. In the meantime, I'm about halfway through adding NPSL clubs, when I'm finished with that I'll get to setting up the league rules.

2 hours ago, CrowBar said:

Hey there,

This is looking great. What will you do with the MLS itself? Will you include the future teams of Miami & Nashville? Nashville was confirmed not too long ago aswell (for 2019 or 2020).

Miami & Nashville will definitely be added. I'm kind of hoping that the 26th team is announced soon because I hate odd-numbered leagues. What I hope to do is expand the league just as it is in real life, so:

2018 - LAFC

2019 - Nashville FC, Miami, ????

Unfortunately, I couldn't make that work on FM17 because of hard-coding and had to expand it all at once.

20 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Miami & Nashville will definitely be added. I'm kind of hoping that the 26th team is announced soon because I hate odd-numbered leagues. What I hope to do is expand the league just as it is in real life, so:

2018 - LAFC

2019 - Nashville FC, Miami, ????

Unfortunately, I couldn't make that work on FM17 because of hard-coding and had to expand it all at once.

Oh I  most definitely agree. I am editing the MLS as we speak, because I can not stand the odd number at all (23 isn't fair either, in my opinion). Trying to add in Nashville myself, as I haven't seen anyone doing this small thing.

From what I have gathered, it is unlikely that a 26th team will be announced anytime soon.

Perhaps you could gamble on it instead, Sacramento would make the most sense in my opinion. Because LAFC is on the Western Conference, then Nashville should be on the Eastern. Miami should be on Eastern, and Sacramento would be perfect for the Western. Cincinnati would be problematic until we get 28 teams and/or a division system.

Or perhaps I am just wrong. Since the MLS have set 28 teams as their goal in the next years to come, I assume that eventually they will change the system to have divisions similar to what the NHL, NFL etc. have.

Edited by CrowBar

Data has been put in, so now I'm working on the rules. I'm going to start with MLS at 24 teams in 2018 and get that and the lower divisions stable, and then worry about Nashville SC and further expansion. I'm really not aiming for a release until the last patch because the final data update always blows it up anyway, so to avoid having to do two back-to-back releases.