[FM18] Uncle Sam Real Life USA Pyramid - v2.5 RELEASED!

I'm having the sam problem with the Champions League. It ran in 2018 but not in 2019. Anyone know how to fix it?

That being said, this is amazing Uncle_Sam!!! I can't believe you did all this. I've tried to create something like this myself and got so frustrated I gave up. This is really amazing work!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/05/2018 at 19:08, TFC_Fan said:

Hey Sam, loving the DB but I noticed that TFC III play in the USSDA, When actually they play in League One Ontario.

@Uncle_Sam I take back what I said, TFC Just said that they will be fielding teams in the USSDA https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/06/07/toronto-fc-academy-joins-us-soccer-development-academy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into an issue where none of the MLS academies or the 2's have their correct logos. 

I think the issue might be tied to having applied a Name Fixes update (I've done nothing else to change the game). So my question is: if that is the source of the issue do I need to undo all of the changes that said update requires (i.e. deleting and replacing files), or can I simply not check the boxes for these changes when setting up the database? 

Any other ideas as to what could be causing this issue? I did have the TCM megapack loaded in but I removed the USA files so I don't think there would have been any conflict from that

Does the Canadian Premier League have entry into CONACAF Champions League ?? Also will you be updating with the new teams ??

Edited by cel1234

18 hours ago, cel1234 said:

Does the Canadian Premier League have entry into CONACAF Champions League ?? Also will you be updating with the new teams ??

The CPL Champion will enter the Amway Canadian Championship in 2019. As in real life, the Canadian Championship winner qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League.

And yes, the 7 teams that have been announced are in the CPL. As of this post, only five have announced their club branding.

55 minutes ago, Uncle_Sam said:

The CPL Champion will enter the Amway Canadian Championship in 2019. As in real life, the Canadian Championship winner qualifies for the CONCACAF Champions League.

And yes, the 7 teams that have been announced are in the CPL. As of this post, only five have announced their club branding.

Excellent mate thanks

Just now, JAYMEETEE said:

Great work as always.

Have you considered changing the start date to 2018?

I tried that actually, but it messed with some of my competitions occuring every season. Honestly, it was probably just where I failed to change the start date for one competition or another. I might keep working at it and release a file that starts in 2018.

Hey Sam, so I tried out using FC Cincy but am running into an issue regarding General Allocation Funds being set to $0, which doesn't allow me to sign players beyond a minimum salary. Do you know of any way to change this at the onset of the game? Or will it correct itself after a season? 

3 hours ago, Dodis said:

Hey Sam, so I tried out using FC Cincy but am running into an issue regarding General Allocation Funds being set to $0, which doesn't allow me to sign players beyond a minimum salary. Do you know of any way to change this at the onset of the game? Or will it correct itself after a season? 

Yes, apologies. That actually should correct itself starting in the second season but I just updated the first post with version 2.5 which should fix that from the beginning. If you don't mind, try it and let me know. If it doesn't work then I honestly am not sure how to fix it.

Thanks for your work Uncle Sam!

this has been asked before i know, sorry but want to be sure. If i wanted to swap team with say FC Cincinnati from USl , day Detroit City FC.  I can do that in editor i know.  But for Academy, I will need to create one and place them in Acad Division?  

Also , plan on increasing finances, reputation, assign affiliate.. anything else you suggest. Want to finally start a real save.

thanks again 

6 hours ago, meter said:

Thanks for your work Uncle Sam!

this has been asked before i know, sorry but want to be sure. If i wanted to swap team with say FC Cincinnati from USl , day Detroit City FC.  I can do that in editor i know.  But for Academy, I will need to create one and place them in Acad Division?  

Also , plan on increasing finances, reputation, assign affiliate.. anything else you suggest. Want to finally start a real save.

thanks again 

You could, but it would take a little work. In the Editor I've had to have each league specifically get each team, so you'd have to go stages 0 and 1 and go to "Teams" and change FC Cincinnati to Detroit City:

image.thumb.png.c44fbd48f16793133c74b63a0ed8262b.png

Also, to make sure the correct teams are aligned in the correct conference I used the "Group Teams" setting under "Group Settings" to allocate teams to the conference I want. So you'll have to change FC Cincinnati to Detroit City in that field as well:

image.thumb.png.8f8dc5d899e56c795ae20ed548857072.png

You'll also probably want to change the Buckeye Derby to something like the Rust Belt Derby or just get rid of it altogether, and make sure Detroit replaces Cincinnati in that competition. You'll also want to go to the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and replace FC Cincinnati with Detroit City.

I apologize for how involved it is to make a change like this, but that's the reality of creating a realistic file in the USA in FM.

3 hours ago, Sebacore said:

For some reason Nashville is displaying as Chivas USA for me.  Looked in the file and it is set as Nashville.  Not sure what's up with that.

My guess would be that you have a file that sets Chivas USA's name. 

6 hours ago, Kruj said:

@Uncle_Sam As far as I understand the open post correctly, there are no more plans existing considering the expansion to the UPSL?

When I started on updating it I realized that it was just way too volatile at the moment. I still have kits and logos, but so many teams open their doors to play for only one season (if they survive that long) and I simply can't keep up with that. I'm instead going to focus on developments in the professional game, with a third division starting very soon. 

EDIT: I have added the UPSL teams that have qualified for the US Open Cup in recent years.

Edited by Uncle_Sam

The editor files go into the 'Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/Editor Files' folder. The graphics go into the 'Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2018/Graphics' folder.

uncle same i have two questions

A) you said that your roster owkrs with his CONCAFF sorry if i spelled it wrong tournament do I use all of those tournaments just not your verison but use your other tournaments?

b) does your roster file work with all of his roster files except for the canada USA of his?

12 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

uncle same i have two questions

A) you said that your roster owkrs with his CONCAFF sorry if i spelled it wrong tournament do I use all of those tournaments just not your verison but use your other tournaments?

b) does your roster file work with all of his roster files except for the canada USA of his?

You can use all of Claassen's files with this tournament except his USA file. 

3 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

No, it's based on real life. I do have a Custom file in this forum that includes real life.

Damn. Could you point me in the direction of an American pro/rel pyramid?

13 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

You can use all of Claassen's files with this tournament except his USA file. 

His USA file and not ur January camp file? That’s what I’m confused at like what files I can use from ur roster files with his files 

9 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

His USA file and not ur January camp file? That’s what I’m confused at like what files I can use from ur roster files with his files 

The only file of Claassen's that you could use with my files is his USA file that adds the NASL and USL to the US pyramid. But his files correcting the CFU Club Championship, CONCACAF League, and CONCACAF Champions League would great additions.

So it looks like it's going to work. Here is the plan:

MLS will function with all of the same rules, drafts, all-star game, etc. I'm going to make NASL, USL, and maybe USL D3 relatively uniform in roster rules and league format. NCAA, USSDA will all still exist, but obviously only the MLS teams that are hard-coded with Academy teams will function properly. I will also leave in PDL and NPSL for development purposes.

MLS

-24 Teams (Two conferences of 12)

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Playoffs the same as in real life, top 6 from each conference advance to MLS Cup playoffs

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to NASL

NASL

-Play each team in your conference twice, and each team from the other conference once for 34 matches

-Top 4 from each conference advances to championship playoffs

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to MLS (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL

USL

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to NASL (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL D3

USL D3 (Maybe)

-36 Teams (Two conferences of 18)

-Play each team in your conference twice for 34 matches

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to USL (4 total)

Edited by Uncle_Sam

7 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

So it looks like it's going to work. Here is the plan:

MLS will function with all of the same rules, drafts, all-star game, etc. I'm going to make NASL, USL, and maybe USL D3 relatively uniform in roster rules and league format. NCAA, USSDA will all still exist, but obviously only the MLS teams that are hard-coded with Academy teams will function properly. I will also leave in PDL and NPSL for development purposes.

MLS

-Playoffs the same as in real life, top 6 from each conference advance to MLS Cup playoffs

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to NASL

NASL

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to MLS (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL

USL

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to NASL (4 total)

-Bottom two from each conference relegated to USL D3

USL D3 (Maybe)

-36 Teams (Two conferences of 18)

-Play each team in your conference twice for 34 matches

-Conference finalists from each conference will be promoted to USL (4 total)

Yes please!!

2 hours ago, niceman14 said:

Hello

Have you a file with only the MLS and USL ? 

I would like to create something from this file.

Do you think that this file can be reused on FM2019 ?

Thank you ;)

The best I can tell is you to just work off the file that's in the opening post.

As for whether or not it will work in FM19, I hope so. Probably. The only reason I won't be able to get it to work is if SI makes some drastic changes to either the game or the Editor itself.

So I'm close to release on MLS with Pro/Rel. Probably as early as tomorrow. I have the format done as I posted it above. I'm running tests to make sure it functions properly.

I will also say that it's opening a whole new world of possibilities. I'm thinking of creating a file that gets rid of the MLS Roster Rules. Goodbye salary cap, goodbye different contract types, etc etc etc. I might try and keep some of that in but make it where MLS (USA) clubs can spend more money and get better players while keeping the drafts, all-star game, etc.

I'll probably give this file it's own thread when I'm ready for release.

@Uncle_SamHey I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the problems I'm having with the logos, all the logos work and appear in game minus the NCAA logos. This is really frustrating because I want to play my local college. Some teams have a badge, but it's the badge of another team altogether and most teams have no badge at all. Also the Canadian badges are wrong compared to what you have in your screenshot. What have I done wrong? Is this a logo pack problem and if so when can we get a fix? Is there a new logo download I'm missing? Thanks

ncaa.png

ncaa help.png

hala.png

canada.png

Edited by usmtlover

@Uncle_Sam As I live in Germany, I am not familiar with the soccer system in the US, but, did I understand it correctly that promotion and relegation will be introduced into the US soccer system in real life?? Or is it semi-fictional what you are working on at the moment?

On 03/07/2018 at 20:43, Fmfan00 said:

will the CPL teams have academies or U18 teams or is it just 1 team type thing like main roster?

Im guessing for now just 1 team of players

7 hours ago, usmtlover said:

@Uncle_SamHey I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the problems I'm having with the logos, all the logos work and appear in game minus the NCAA logos. This is really frustrating because I want to play my local college. Some teams have a badge, but it's the badge of another team altogether and most teams have no badge at all. Also the Canadian badges are wrong compared to what you have in your screenshot. What have I done wrong? Is this a logo pack problem and if so when can we get a fix? Is there a new logo download I'm missing? Thanks

ncaa.png

ncaa help.png

hala.png

canada.png

The problem with the NCAA logos is that all of the NCAA teams are created from scratch. When you create a team with the editor, it assigns that team a new Unique ID, which the game uses to display graphics like logos, kits, etc. So when you use multiple editor files that have teams created from scratch, then that will change the unique IDs given to the new teams. This will jumble up any graphics you've made for the created teams. So that means you have another editor file with created teams. There are no ideal solutions to this issue. This is what you can do:

1. Get rid of the other editor file

2. Delete the NCAA graphics folder and just play with generic logos/kits for the NCAA teams.

I'm sorry that this is the case.

1 hour ago, Kruj said:

@Uncle_Sam As I live in Germany, I am not familiar with the soccer system in the US, but, did I understand it correctly that promotion and relegation will be introduced into the US soccer system in real life?? Or is it semi-fictional what you are working on at the moment?

There is a growing movement that desires promotion/relegation, but it does not appear to be on the horizon for US soccer any time soon, at least including MLS. This would be sort of a fantasy situation and when it's ready I'll give it its own thread.