FM18: Everton FC - The People's Club

SwedenYid

Hi there!

I thought I'd create a Everton thread for FM18 where we can discuss and share all things Everton related. Last game it seemed to be a pretty popular save and I reckon it'll be just as popular this year with Everton having a really interesting squad to create something special with.

Okay so here's how the squad looks from scratch:

5a01de9dbc967_Skrmavbild2017-11-07kl_17_23_04.thumb.png.f0827ca6a8cb7eb7eed78fd31b124800.png

5a01dea41632c_Skrmavbild2017-11-07kl_17_23_10.thumb.png.bba161515f29a0464c833079ddb63a51.png

So what we can learn from here is that in my opinion we need to improve the defense with no cover for an aging Baines except Garbutt. Martina who's pretty bang average are also without cover with Coleman out for the next 2-4 months (damn you Neil Taylor). Holgate looks like a pretty good prospect for the CB position but will need game time with Keane and Williams who will most probably occupy those position's from the beginning although I'll be trying to offload the latter one in January I think. Jagielka will play cup games and have an expiring contract which I won't extend. Funes Mori on the other hand is out for 9-11 months unfortunately.

In midfield we have good depth I think in Mirallas, Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Schneiderlin, Vlasic, Gueye, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Davies, Lennon, Barkley, McCarthy and Bolasie. I think that we're overloaded in the CM/DM positions so I'll be offloading Muhamed Besic even though Barkley is out for 4-6 weeks and McCarthy 5 weeks - 2 months. Bolasie in the winger positon is also out for 6-7 months at the start. 

The attacking players are Sandro, Rooney and Calvert-Lewin which I'm planning to play both as a winger and as a striker to maximize his playing time and mould him in to a complete player hopefully. I'll look to sell Oumar Niasse who simply doesn't cut it. 

My goalkeepers this season will be Pickford as my first choice with Robles as a backup/rotation keeper. Stekelenburg is deep rooted in the reserves and just takes up 30k/week wage with two more years at his contract so he'll definitely be off if anybody wants him. 

To kick of the season tactical wise I think I'm going with some version of 4-1-4-1 inspired by @Ö-zil to the Arsenal!'s thread you can read here. I highly recommend that one as it was there my tactical interest for FM really took shape and I started to understand the game better. My intension is to create a formation and tactic where we work hard collectively and moves as a team in defense as well as in transition and then in attack. It will be interesting for myself on a personal note to see what I'll come up with and how it'll work out because I'm by no means a tactical genius (yet :D) but I'm learning and trying to improve.  

Ins and outs:
Here's where some things get interesting because with Everton you'll start with £20m in the bank with £1,9m in wage budget where we currently spending £1,84m. Pretty much money bearing in mind they signed a lot of players after Lukaku's departure. I'm currently also selling Besic for £12m adding to that which gives us £32m in transfer budget to rub our hands with, so what will we use it for? First priority will be cover for the fullback positions where I think I'm going to go for Jordan Lukaku (If I can't have Romelu then I'll sign his brother :lol:) who's a decent prospect at the left back. At the right back I haven't decided yet who I'm going to go with but probably a young one with good ability and potential to long term replace Coleman that I rate much higher than Martina. 

In the winger position I'll look to loan Boschilia from Monaco because we need a left footed winger and he can play both as an 'old school winger' and as an inside forward. Other than that is unplanned for now, I'm rather happy with Sandro/Rooney/Calvert-Lewin upfront because of the one striker formation I'm planning to go with at the start. In the center midfield we look really strong so no changes there and I'm also not planning to change too much with the centre halves for now as I don't want to screw up the dynamics with Jagielka and Williams who's very influential players and are also the ones I'll be looking to replace. I'll however keep my eyes open here and be open-minded if the right player(s) comes to mind.

To sum it up: 
* Goalkeepers: No change but to look to sell Stekelenburg if possible.
* In the back four: Look for cover with good ability and potential in the fullback positions. Probably sell Martina and Garbutt in the January window if not sooner. No immediate changes to the centre halves.
* Midfield: No changes except for one left footed winger
* Strikers: No changes for now.  

As you can see I haven't really got far on my save yet so that's all for now! I'll be updating from time to time, depending on how much time I have to play, on how things are going for me. Please feel free to post, update, share, discuss your Everton saves here :)  

/SwedenYid

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I played Martina as a FB-S up until Coleman was fit and he performed pretty well and I'm keeping him as a back up. Also signed a young RB I think his name is Kammembauer or something along those lines who is going to replace Martina as back up either next season or next January and is playing the cup games and the odd Euro League game. 

I also promoted Lookman to the first team and he is a great IF-A playing on the left. Lots of room to grow and I think will take the position of Mirallas in the near future. 

Garbutt has asked to leave due to playing time and not happy being a rotation player to keep Baines fresh for the bigger games so offloading is a good idea. Galloway is also to come back next year who can be a good back up LB/CB.

As above, for me a striker is a must. Sandro just hasn't cut it for me and I prefer playing Niasse over him. I haven't really tried Rooney up front but that's something im definitely going to try out due to the other 2 underperforming. DCL has gone out on loan to gain first team experience and will see how he is upon his return.

Best of luck!

as usual, Everton will be my first game, only two days left, cant wait!

from what i can see;

Pickford

RB Keane DC Baines

Gueye Morgan

Barkley/Sigurd

AMR AML

Sandro

*Dont like Williams and we need a better DC for that role.

*Davies-Holgate will be my first alternative for their positions, will play them a lot, Davies will eventually replace Morgan in a year or two. 

*Sigurd and Barkley will rotate for AMC role

*Sandro's stats are brilliant so will probably use him as a starter, Rooney will definitely be at the bench. in real life the biggest mistake of Everton was not to buy a striker, even Giroud would have been perfect. but Sandro is more than enough for the game. 

*it looks like two really good wingers are needed- i dont like Mirallas, havent seen Vlasic's attributes +maybe Sigurd might play at the left too, have to analyze the players for this position to be sure. 

*First business- will not repeat Koeman's mistake and renew Barkley's contract ASAP. 

SUMMARY: starter DR, starter 2 wingers, starter DC, alternative DL, alternative FC

before even starting the game, this is my first analysis. 

2 hours ago, CapaJr said:

it looks like two really good wingers are needed- i dont like Mirallas, havent seen Vlasic's attributes +maybe Sigurd might play at the left too, have to analyze the players for this position to be sure. 

Vlasic has been absolutely incredible for me so far as a Winger (A). I'd definitely say keep an eye on him and get him game time if possible. For a teenager his attributes are pretty good. First choice wide player in my side, though his performances might be different for you of course. I had planned on going in for a really good winger in Jan but he's lowered the priority of that signing significantly.

9 hours ago, QuassoRP said:

As above, for me a striker is a must. Sandro just hasn't cut it for me and I prefer playing Niasse over him. I haven't really tried Rooney up front but that's something im definitely going to try out due to the other 2 underperforming. DCL has gone out on loan to gain first team experience and will see how he is upon his return.

Rooney was absolutely terrible for me up front as he drops way too deep to provide any sort of focal point or threat in attack. Maybe using him as more of a supporting striker or deep lying forward with attacking wide players flanking him would work, but I've not seen anything from him as a lone striker so far. Sandro been injured for me but DCL is quality.

How is everybody handling the Barkley/Sigurdsson/Klaassen/Rooney situation? Four number 10's in the team that all are of at least good quality. I'm deploying Sigurdsson as the RCM in a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide, with Barkley and Klaassen his backups but I am concerned about getting all of them game time. Rooney is a backup striker though he's not very good at it. Thinking that against small teams I might drop one of Gana/Schneiderlin and deploy one of Barkley/Klaassen alongside Sigurdsson, which could give them some opportunities. It's just very unbalanced. If things get particularly difficult I have considered converting Barkley to an IF(S) as he seems to have decent stats for it and I need wide reinforcements. Or maybe just selling Klaassen.

4 hours ago, Oliver.wrigley said:

How is everybody handling the Barkley/Sigurdsson/Klaassen/Rooney situation? Four number 10's in the team that all are of at least good quality. I'm deploying Sigurdsson as the RCM in a 4-1-2-3 DM Wide, with Barkley and Klaassen his backups but I am concerned about getting all of them game time. Rooney is a backup striker though he's not very good at it. Thinking that against small teams I might drop one of Gana/Schneiderlin and deploy one of Barkley/Klaassen alongside Sigurdsson, which could give them some opportunities. It's just very unbalanced. If things get particularly difficult I have considered converting Barkley to an IF(S) as he seems to have decent stats for it and I need wide reinforcements. Or maybe just selling Klaassen.

I will probably not use Sigurd as a AMC but as a Mezzela (although i have to research about this position first, i’m still not %100 sure what exactly it is, and what partners are best suited with it) and partner him with Gueye, and rotate those two with Morgan and Davies.

I’ll then use Barkley as AMC, and Klaassen and Rooney as his back up for the first season.

I think the biggest issue with this squad is the lack of first team Wingers, Vlasic looks pretty good but his mental attributes worries me for a starting spot at EPL

Btw, what do you guys think about Morgan and Gueye..

especially Morgan's attributes dont really impress me at all, and with considering that huge wage, he looks a candidate for offloading i think? 

Good to see this thread!

I started my beta game in November 2018, and saw Everton rooted to the bottom of the Premier league table. They were doing even worse than real life! That made up my mind and I decided to take over. Thrown in right at the deep end too, with the first game away at Spurs. 

Somehow we managed to get a 1-1 draw, followed up by another draw away at Huddersfield 1-1 again. For these two games, I had made a custom formation & tactic to try and suit the squad's strengths, a 4-2-1-2-1 with a back 4, 2 DMs, 1 MC, 2 AMCs and 1 SC. This way,  I could fit in Gana, Schneid, Davies, Siggy and Barkley all into the team. But I wasn't happy because despite this shape we had less possession in both games and Huddersfield dominated midfield against us. So for the next game against Brighton (8th in the league) I switched to a more conventional 4-3-3 with Siggy & Calvery-Lewin flanking Sandro. We won 2-0 with both goals from Sandro and assists from both the other attackers. Stuck to this shape away against Man City and lost 1-3, after  holding the game at 1-1 till the 84th min. So, overall have picked up 5 points from my first 4 games, and we are up to 18th now. 

I am hoping to steer the club to safety soon, and also would like a good run in the FA Cup. My predecessor already managed early exits in the League cup and in Europe as well, not even making it to the group stage and losing to Rangers in the qualifiers. The club is in a bit of a mess for sure, and I think the squad is really unbalanced with a number of ageing players as well. I've already fixed the transfer of Joel Robles for 5 million to Man Utd, and Lennon for 4.5 million to Sunderland. Accepted a 12m bid for Besic from Napoli because he said he wanted to move, and he promptly rejected the contract :/ I will be reviewing the squad further, and probably looking to move out a lot more players between January and the summer - Cuco Martina, Klaasen, Jagielka (when his contract is up), maybe Ashley Williams. Will also review Mirallas & Bolasie based on how they perform.  And depending on what tactic I finally settle on, will have to see how Siggy fits in too, and Rooney as well who looks a shadow of his former self. Hoping I will be able to renew Barkley's contract.

On the upside, there is a lot of talent in the squad too - Sandro actually looks really good, Coleman is absolutely elite, then the likes of Pickford, Keane, Davies, Lookman, Calvert, etc. Need to make sure to give them a lot of playing time. 

Will update again soon probably when I reach January, and good luck to everyone else on here.

12 hours ago, Oliver.wrigley said:

I play Siggy as as a CAM AP-S rotating with Barkley to keep them both fit and happy but the bigger games go to Siggy I don't feel my team ticks right without him playing.

Klaassen as a Carrillo in the CM position with Davies coming in if he fatigues. He really does play this position very well. 

Rooney doesn't fit into my team very well at all but sometimes gets played in the CAM position and I've used him as a Winger on the right at some point too just for that experience.

It's not easy as I'd love to play them all at the same time but it just doesn't seem to happen 😔 

And about my striker situation I do have Lautaro Martinez signed up but he failed his work permit so waiting to apply for a new one 😔

On 2017-11-08 at 11:34, QuassoRP said:

I played Martina as a FB-S up until Coleman was fit and he performed pretty well and I'm keeping him as a back up. Also signed a young RB I think his name is Kammembauer or something along those lines who is going to replace Martina as back up either next season or next January and is playing the cup games and the odd Euro League game. 

I also promoted Lookman to the first team and he is a great IF-A playing on the left. Lots of room to grow and I think will take the position of Mirallas in the near future. 

Garbutt has asked to leave due to playing time and not happy being a rotation player to keep Baines fresh for the bigger games so offloading is a good idea. Galloway is also to come back next year who can be a good back up LB/CB.

Best of luck!

Yes after some pre-season games I think I'll keep Martina as a backup at least for the season as he'll be hard to sell before that anyway. A young RB like you bought is needed though and that goes for the LB position too, last FM I preferred Galloway as a BPD though rather than LB. 

The striker situation is going to be monitored closely, the way I want to play is with a lone deep striker and I think Rooney and maybe Sandro will do that excellent, at least Rooney who's pretty much made for a shadow striker/deep forward role. Might send DCL out on loan as you did and bring in an extra striker anyway, we'll see how he does in pre-season for now. 

On 2017-11-08 at 20:45, Oliver.wrigley said:

Rooney was absolutely terrible for me up front as he drops way too deep to provide any sort of focal point or threat in attack. Maybe using him as more of a supporting striker or deep lying forward with attacking wide players flanking him would work, but I've not seen anything from him as a lone striker so far. Sandro been injured for me but DCL is quality.

This. I can see what you mean with the threat in attack point of view. The way I want my strikers to play like 80% of the time is with a deep lying forward role who'll work their ass off, hassle the opponents defense, winning ball backs and be able to supply assist as well as scoring goals and Rooney seem to me to be simply perfect for that role. Might be wrong but even if I'm not a huge Rooney-fan IRL I'd love to be able to get the best out of him for a couple of seasons at Everton tbh.

On 2017-11-08 at 20:50, Oliver.wrigley said:

I haven't got very far yet but I'm planning to go with two CMs and one DM with Schneiderlin and Gueye occupying the DM position and Sigurdsson, Klaassen, Barkley and Davies rotating the CM positions. The Rooney situation for me is described above :) I'm more concerned about the quality of the back four imo.

14 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good to see this thread!

I started my beta game in November 2018, and saw Everton rooted to the bottom of the Premier league table. They were doing even worse than real life! That made up my mind and I decided to take over. Thrown in right at the deep end too, with the first game away at Spurs. 

Somehow we managed to get a 1-1 draw, followed up by another draw away at Huddersfield 1-1 again. For these two games, I had made a custom formation & tactic to try and suit the squad's strengths, a 4-2-1-2-1 with a back 4, 2 DMs, 1 MC, 2 AMCs and 1 SC. This way,  I could fit in Gana, Schneid, Davies, Siggy and Barkley all into the team. But I wasn't happy because despite this shape we had less possession in both games and Huddersfield dominated midfield against us. So for the next game against Brighton (8th in the league) I switched to a more conventional 4-3-3 with Siggy & Calvery-Lewin flanking Sandro. We won 2-0 with both goals from Sandro and assists from both the other attackers. Stuck to this shape away against Man City and lost 1-3, after  holding the game at 1-1 till the 84th min. So, overall have picked up 5 points from my first 4 games, and we are up to 18th now. 

I am hoping to steer the club to safety soon, and also would like a good run in the FA Cup. My predecessor already managed early exits in the League cup and in Europe as well, not even making it to the group stage and losing to Rangers in the qualifiers. The club is in a bit of a mess for sure, and I think the squad is really unbalanced with a number of ageing players as well. I've already fixed the transfer of Joel Robles for 5 million to Man Utd, and Lennon for 4.5 million to Sunderland. Accepted a 12m bid for Besic from Napoli because he said he wanted to move, and he promptly rejected the contract :/ I will be reviewing the squad further, and probably looking to move out a lot more players between January and the summer - Cuco Martina, Klaasen, Jagielka (when his contract is up), maybe Ashley Williams. Will also review Mirallas & Bolasie based on how they perform.  And depending on what tactic I finally settle on, will have to see how Siggy fits in too, and Rooney as well who looks a shadow of his former self. Hoping I will be able to renew Barkley's contract.

On the upside, there is a lot of talent in the squad too - Sandro actually looks really good, Coleman is absolutely elite, then the likes of Pickford, Keane, Davies, Lookman, Calvert, etc. Need to make sure to give them a lot of playing time. 

Will update again soon probably when I reach January, and good luck to everyone else on here.

Good luck mate! :applause:

1 hour ago, Samuel Ferreguetti said:

How are finances going? Is Everton broken like on the previous FM? Sorry for my english 

I don't really know yet. You start with £20m but I think that's some of the Lukaku money. Maybe someone else who got in to the second season with Everton can tell how they look further in the game?

9 hours ago, SteveUK said:

I don't have the game yet, i am curious to know if Barkley signs a new contract if offered?

Haven't formally offered one to him yet but I played around with negotiations, and he will definitely sign for ~£60k/w. Not bad at all, considering we've offered him well over £100k/w in real life and he still isn't signing. Considering the fact that Alexis is seemingly hardcoded in the game to reject a deal with Arsenal, I'm surprised it isn't harder to convince Ross to sign, as he looks just as unlikely to do so in real life.

3 hours ago, CapaJr said:

what do you guys think about using sigurdsson at the left wing but as an advanced playmaker? 

Tried him there a few times and works pretty well but he does seem to drop quite deep sometimes into the holes to receive the ball so having players around him with roles and instructions to get ahead of him and fill the gap he leaves was pretty necessary for me

7 hours ago, QuassoRP said:

Tried him there a few times and works pretty well but he does seem to drop quite deep sometimes into the holes to receive the ball so having players around him with roles and instructions to get ahead of him and fill the gap he leaves was pretty necessary for me

I erased my original message, i was telling you i brought in Milinkovic Savic and with him and Sigurd at my disposal i was having difficulty with positioning them correctly.. (thats why i thought about placing Sigurd at the wing) 

Now i decided to restart the game and not buy Savic, he is one my favourite in this game but for Everton's current MC alternatives, he is a bit unnecessary.

I will now use Sigurd as a Mezzala, and partner him with Davies (DLP-S) and Gueye (DM-D)

Barkley/Klaassen/McCarthy will be their alternative for the first season! 

1 hour ago, QuassoRP said:

After everything I have said about Sandro he is now my top scorer coming up to January with 11 goals so I'm going to make him the first choice striker until the end of the season to see if he can prove himself.

How do you use him? Poacher or Complete?

played only 4 league games , 3 wins 1 draw so far so good sitting at the top of the league with 10 points, but i will be playing my first big game against arsenal next.

guys make sure you ask for a new stadium, i asked and the board immediately delivered.

a brand new 52k stadium is coming up in 2019👍🏻

Decided to use Everton as my first career for this release. I normally like to see which EPL team struggling in real life in the current season and have a run with them. I also always like to try different clubs out and traditionally prefer to avoid the big clubs and their wallets.

I was actually quite surprised at how poor the squad was, and made some changes pretty quickly. Identified some decent CAM's so thought id run with them as much as possibly and decided to cash in on the wingers (i've never really played with wingers). Picked up some depth at RB, CB & CAM with some loan signings.

Business:
Transfers 2017/18
In:
Borja San Emeterio - £2.5m
Axel Tuanzebe - Loan
Boschilia - Loan
Angel Correa - Loan
Total - £2.5m

Out:
Kevin Mirallas - £22.5m
Muhamed Besic - £15m
Aaron Lennon - £8.5m
Shani Tarashaj - £3.5m
Luke Garbett - £2.5m
Joel Robles - £2.5m
Maarteen Stekelenburg - £800k
Total - £52m

Competitions:
PL - Finished 9th, limped home with not much depth. Wasn't keen to spend much and knew it may be an issue, but wanted the transfer kitty to roll over into the 2nd season. Won both merseyside derby's so was happy with that, and was only 3 points off Europa.

Caraboa Cup - Knocked out early, 3rd round away to Norwich  on pens.

Euro Cup - Spurs got me on away goals rule in the QFs

FA Cup - Leicester knocked me out 4th round away.

Overview:
Was quite happy, got some game time into some good kids. The new boys like Gylfi and Sandro settled well, and Wayne contributed. Renewed Barkley and good to have long term injuries back in the squad.

Onto the next!

So for the second season, and with the anticipation of Brexit, i decided to go the Great Britain approach and try to utilise more domestic players. My main targets where to strengthen in the full back and Central defensive positions. A very ageing squad so i wanted to cash in on some of the players approaching 30 too, so it was going to be a massive turn over of players. Was happy to use a few loans again to substitute some positions until i get the players i want.

Transfers 2018/19
In:
Kieran Tierney - £20m
Lewis Cook - £17.5m
Danny Ings - £8.5m
Phil Jones - £8.25m
Sam Byram - £2.9m
Chris Smalling - £6m
Sam Johnstone - Free
Leon Goretzka - Free
Boschilia - Loan
Axel Tuanzebe - Loan
Total - £62m

Out:
Michael Keane - £42.5m
Ross Barkley - £37.5m
Morgan Schneiderlin- £32.5m
Idrissa Gueye - £27.5m
Davy Klaassen - £17.5m
Yannick Bolasie - £15m
Henry Onyekuru - £3.8m
Ramior Funes Mori - £3.5m
Joe Williams - £3.4m
Nikola Vlasic - £2.8m
Dominic Calvert-Lewin - £2.5m
Oumar Niasse - £2.5m
Phil Jagielka - Retired
Total - £192m

Was really happy with my Ins and Outs, but would have liked to have kept hold of Keane & Barkley. Unfortunately the big clubs came calling and i lost them. Smalling and Jones were both transfer listed and acted as natural replacements for Williams and Jagielka. Here's how the squad is looking:

GK - Jordan Pickford (Eng) - 24 YO
GK - Sam Johnstone (Eng) - 25 YO
RB - Seamus Coleman (Ire) - 30 YO
RB - Sam Byram (Eng) - 25 YO
CB - Chris Smalling (Eng) - 29 YO
CB - Phil Jones (End) - 26 YO
CB - Axel Tuanzebe (Eng) - 21 YO *LOAN
CB - Brendan Galloway (Eng) - 22 YO
LB - Leighton Baines (Eng) - 34 YO
LB - Kieran Tierney (Sco) - 21 YO
CM - Tom Davies (Eng) - 20 YO
CM - Lewis Cook (Eng) - 21 YO
CM - Leon Goretzka (Ger) - 23 YO
AM - Boschilia (Bra) - 22 YO *LOAN
AM - Gylfi Sigurdsson (Ice) - 29 YO
ST - Ademola Lookman (Eng) - 21 YO
ST - Sandro (Spa) - 23 YO
ST - Danny Ings (Eng) - 26 YO

Rooney will see out his contract in the Reserves after picking up a 4 month injury in preseason, and McCarthy wont sign a new contract so hopefully will get something for me in Xmas. He's in the ressies though. Tried very hard to pick up Winks & Oxford, but was unsuccessful. Both clubs wanting £70m+ for them. Not sure i want to be investing that type of money into players just yet. No talent came into the youth recruitment, but was able to identify a few hot prospects at other clubs which i'll keep an eye on. Big turnover of staff too, eyeing up Scott Parker as my new assistant but wont leave Spurs just yet. Aiming for Europa, but will settle for top 10. See how we go!

W-H-A-T  A- F-I-R-S-T S-E-A-S-O-N !!!

LEAGUE: 

Finished third- and not happy! 

WHY? because i lost the first spot in the last two games, even though finishing third is still a HUGE achievement, simple games like Southampton+Brighton cost me the title :(

CARABAO: 

knocked out during the quarter finals, lost to Tottenham in PENALTIES. 

FA CUP: 

WON against Man UTD 3-0, but the most remarkable achievement in FA CUP was not the final game! 

we won at tottenham away even though we were losing 2-0 half time! and thats not even the whole story..

Everton won the game by playing 7 bench players- you heard me correct-not our regulars but our youngsters like Vlasic-Lookman-Holgate-Mannion were the heroes in this outstanding comeback! 

the game ended 2-3 and we faced UTD at the final game. 

EUROPA CUP: 

Knocked out at quarter final-lost to Liverpool even though we won the first leg 3-1 but we had a really unlucky second leg at Anfield, losing 3-0. 

*a chinese club offered 35M in January for Gueye so i replaced him with a younger version of himself, Diawara. 

*my best transfer was Berardi and Aaron, but Inigo was a rock at the back too! 

*the future is bright here in Everton! our young and talented alternatives like Mannion, De Ligt, Kik Pierie and Dolberg will be pushing for a first team spot! competition=success :)

*Holgate & Lookman will probably be loaned out + Klaassen, C.Martina, Bolasie, Funes, Calvert, Onyekuru, Rooney and Jag will be leaving. 

*our squad is already pretty much set for next season, just a couple of alternatives and we are good to go! 

LAYOUT FOR NEXT SEASON

GK: Pickford/Mannion

DR: Coleman/+1 

DC: Keane/Martinez/De Ligt/Pierie/Galloway 

DL: Aaron/Baines

DMC: Diawara/McCarthy

MC: Davies/Barkley/Siggy/+1

AMR: Berardi/Vlasic

AML: Sisto/+1

FC: Sandro/Dolberg/+1

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.41.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.42.09.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.43.39.png

6 hours ago, CapaJr said:

W-H-A-T  A- F-I-R-S-T S-E-A-S-O-N !!!

LEAGUE: 

Finished third- and not happy! 

WHY? because i lost the first spot in the last two games, even though finishing third is still a HUGE achievement, simple games like Southampton+Brighton cost me the title :(

CARABAO: 

knocked out during the quarter finals, lost to Tottenham in PENALTIES. 

FA CUP: 

WON against Man UTD 3-0, but the most remarkable achievement in FA CUP was not the final game! 

we won at tottenham away even though we were losing 2-0 half time! and thats not even the whole story..

Everton won the game by playing 7 bench players- you heard me correct-not our regulars but our youngsters like Vlasic-Lookman-Holgate-Mannion were the heroes in this outstanding comeback! 

the game ended 2-3 and we faced UTD at the final game. 

EUROPA CUP: 

Knocked out at quarter final-lost to Liverpool even though we won the first leg 3-1 but we had a really unlucky second leg at Anfield, losing 3-0. 

*a chinese club offered 35M in January for Gueye so i replaced him with a younger version of himself, Diawara. 

*my best transfer was Berardi and Aaron, but Inigo was a rock at the back too! 

*the future is bright here in Everton! our young and talented alternatives like Mannion, De Ligt, Kik Pierie and Dolberg will be pushing for a first team spot! competition=success :)

*Holgate & Lookman will probably be loaned out + Klaassen, C.Martina, Bolasie, Funes, Calvert, Onyekuru, Rooney and Jag will be leaving. 

*our squad is already pretty much set for next season, just a couple of alternatives and we are good to go! 

LAYOUT FOR NEXT SEASON

GK: Pickford/Mannion

DR: Coleman/+1 

DC: Keane/Martinez/De Ligt/Pierie/Galloway 

DL: Aaron/Baines

DMC: Diawara/McCarthy

MC: Davies/Barkley/Siggy/+1

AMR: Berardi/Vlasic

AML: Sisto/+1

FC: Sandro/Dolberg/+1

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.41.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.42.09.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 08.43.39.png

Well done! How's Barkley been performing for you?

4 hours ago, SwedenYid said:

Well done! How's Barkley been performing for you?

He did good, i used him mostly as a DLP-S and sometimes rotated him with Siggy too. played 29(17-12) 2 goals 2motm 7.05 rating. 

Btw, this just happened!  this save is getting better and better :hammer:Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 18.07.11.png

On 11/9/2017 at 02:50, Oliver.wrigley said:

barkley MC, sigurdsson AMR, Klaasen/roonry AMC (rotate)

Jonny Evans is an absolute steal when/if WBA gets relegated, don't miss him! 

Did any of you managed to get rid of Rooney?

I even told him i will not register him but he was fine to just sit back and collect his money 

On 12/11/2017 at 00:58, CapaJr said:

played only 4 league games , 3 wins 1 draw so far so good sitting at the top of the league with 10 points, but i will be playing my first big game against arsenal next.

guys make sure you ask for a new stadium, i asked and the board immediately delivered.

a brand new 52k stadium is coming up in 2019👍🏻

I tried but no luck! They told me where to go

8 hours ago, CapaJr said:

Jonny Evans is an absolute steal when/if WBA gets relegated, don't miss him! 

Did any of you managed to get rid of Rooney?

I even told him i will not register him but he was fine to just sit back and collect his money 

Yup I am afraid it's going to be really difficult to move him on. Cannot find a buyer for Niasse too.

So a quick update on my game, as I am almost at the end of the January transfer window.

Have had decent results, currently on an 8 game unbeaten run but just a few too many draws there. We are conceding some really sloppy goals, like a 3-3 home draw vs Stoke where we shipped 2 from corners. However, we are up to 12th in the league now, and definitely far away from the relegation zone.The European places though are a good 8 points off so I don't know if we can really challenge for qualification this season.

In the FA Cup, we stumbled past Birmingham on penalties in the replay, after a 1-1 and then a 2-2 draw, on both occasions conceding sloppy stoppage time equalisers. We then repeated the same thing against Leeds away drawing 1-1 and have a home replay vs them coming up. I am really hoping for a good run in the FA Cup.

On the transfers front, I found the squad really bloated and have tried to trim it in the Jan window. Out have gone Besic (to Roma), Mirallas (to Newcastle), Bolasie (to Stoke), Lennon (to Sunderland), Robles (to Man Utd, go figure!), Lookman Tarashaj Kenny and Vlasic on loan. So that was a total of about 45 million coming in.

I made one big transfer, getting in Moussa Dembele from Celtic for 24 million up-front and a potential 6 million in add-ons. He started with a brace on debut, and is showing signs of a strong partnership with Sandro up front. I also had a huge bid accepted for Kieran Tierney and offered him 80k a week, but he chose to join Man City for a lower wage. Was looking at him as a long-term successor for Baines. Will have to look elsewhere, any other tips let me know. I brought in Kyle Naughton and Axel Tuanzebe on loan as well. Coleman has suffered another serious injury so Naughton looks like he will be getting some playing time.

Tactics wise I have switched to a 4-3-1-2 in the hope of exerting more control over midfield, going to play this for a while and let the players settle. Have also revamped the backroom staff quite a bit so I am now fairly satisfied with the level of coaching & scouting at the club.

12 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I tried but no luck! They told me where to go

It really all depends on the correct sentence you choose, the correct line of speech will trigger the stadium approval, but the new stadium is very much possible this year, mine is already on its way! do continue to try and you'll eventually trigger it i'm sure.

Meanwhile, my second season is going great, i am REALLY enjoying this save, i especially LOVED the fact that former players join your squad to take part in the testimonial friendlies.

second season update: 7 games in the league so far, 5 wins 1 lost 1 draw sitting at the second place. CL group is Spartak, PSG and Napoli. 

our squad for 2018/19: 

Pickford/Mannion

Coleman/Byram

Keane/Evans/Inigo M/De Ligt/Kik Pierie 

Aaron/Baines

Diawara/Davies/Barkley/Siggy/Van Beek/McCarthy

Sisto/Deulofeu/Jadon Sancho/Berardi/Vlasic

Sandro/Dolberg 

*very happy to brought back Deulofeu, he was transfer listed for just 6m! he is an absolute bargain buy!! 

* Evans, Jadon Sancho, Byram and Van Beek are my other new transfers. 

*As you can see, we have 4 spanish, 3 dutch and 2 danish players- this makes the newcomers to immediately jump on a social group without any need to blend in. 

*Next season we'll part ways with Coleman, Baines, McCarthy, and Rooney- its time for the veterans to move on, we will not renew their contracts.

*our targets for the next summer transfer window is already planned, we will need 1 DR, 1DL 2 MC's and 1ST. to ensure the best possible choices for these positions our scouts are scouting EVERYWHERE, from the belgium u18 to copa libertadores, they are currently busy with scouting scouting scouting!!! 

Struggling with the injury problems of the squad, even with optimal rotation and that only works because I can ask Bains to tell them to STFU every time they complain about playing time. How are you supposed to play players enough and keep them below the major chance of injury due to playing time?

Even with optimal rotation and playing time complaints they all keep getting injured. Two players getting injured pr. match make it really hard to leave room for strategic subs.

Sold Davy Klasssen, he seemed really odd with his stats, can't score, but is only good at being a shadow striker... He seems strangely easy to sell and for 15m.

Rooney seems broken on the field and he will drop in quality towards the end of season, so he isn't even a Prem player anymore. For some reason Milan took him on loan with a 5m buy at the end, but he is useless so they won't pay for him. I got a ton of US clubs for him, but they all canceled the bids while negotiating contract with him. Think the best offer was 9m, but I tried to negotiate and that one club canceled.

Gylfi broke towards the end of season, he get 6.2 scores no matter where I play him. I guess my game plan doesn't suit him or something.

The biggest mistake was not getting a striker that doesn't get injured every other game. Get someone like Celtic's Moussa Dembëlë, I think he is the best possible striker buy in game for Everton, Kasper is just yet another medical expense. Had quite a bit of luck with Oumar scoring and winning me games, when I had a bit of overachieving going.

For defender Axel Tuenzebe is fantastic (Arsenal Hot Prospect, so I got him on a loan) He is young and nervous at first, but if you can give him some matches to grow a bit of hair on his chest, he will be strong enough mentally to be your main defender, with the others rotating in when they aren't injured.

1 hour ago, Miravlix said:

Rooney seems broken on the field and he will drop in quality towards the end of season, so he isn't even a Prem player anymore. For some reason Milan took him on loan with a 5m buy at the end, but he is useless so they won't pay for him. I got a ton of US clubs for him, but they all canceled the bids while negotiating contract with him. Think the best offer was 9m, but I tried to negotiate and that one club canceled.

Yep, neither can I get Rooney going and he's also been pretty injury prone for me. Useless to say at least. I'd jump at the chance of getting 9m for him :D

3 hours ago, Welshace said:

Man utd....

Woops, misplaced him, he is way better than Ken, even end with higher star rating. Too bad a ton of draws and everyone else except Arsenal is massively underarchiving, allowing me to compete for second place with Man Utd (I'm two points ahead with 5ish games to end of season, unfortunately one is Arsenal that I will loss), so they won't like him playing for me again.

After a very up and down mid season I decided to change my tactics and TIs. I took off a lot of specific instructions like pass into space, look for overlap, shorter passing etc and just gave the team more freedom to play. I left them with the instructions close down much more, work ball into box, be more expressive and prevent short GK distribution and this really did revive my season. 

Already out of the Carabao cup, sitting 14th in the league and 3rd in my EURO group I felt I had nothing to lose. Story short without my screenshots I managed to finish a healthy 7th in the league and win the EURO cup beating PSG in the semi 4-3 on aggregate along the way and a very comfortable 3-0 over Zenit in the final.

Sandro also finished as my top scorer with 26 playing as a poacher.

In the summer of season 2 I was trusted with around £110m to spend and I offloaded a lot of players I considered deadwood or who were unable to fight for a place and brought in the likes of Berardi, Fekir, Upamecano, Lemos and Marcos Llorente to really strengthen my side whilst also missing out on a few very good due to wages like Paco Alcacer and Andre Gomes. 

Really happy with my squad and looking forward to seeing what I can do this season.

On 15/11/2017 at 17:37, uros19 said:

Cant wait to come from work tonight and give a go at Everton. 

My first save in this edition 

Good luck mate :thup:

On 15/11/2017 at 23:10, CapaJr said:

It really all depends on the correct sentence you choose, the correct line of speech will trigger the stadium approval, but the new stadium is very much possible this year, mine is already on its way! do continue to try and you'll eventually trigger it i'm sure.

*very happy to brought back Deulofeu, he was transfer listed for just 6m! he is an absolute bargain buy!! 

* Evans, Jadon Sancho, Byram and Van Beek are my other new transfers. 

Will try again for the stadium soon! Although overall I am happy to take it nice & slow on this save and build the club up progressively. How much did you get Sancho for? The big teams all ask for ridiculous amounts of money for young players with potential.

On 16/11/2017 at 14:33, Miravlix said:

Struggling with the injury problems of the squad, even with optimal rotation and that only works because I can ask Bains to tell them to STFU every time they complain about playing time. How are you supposed to play players enough and keep them below the major chance of injury due to playing time?

Even with optimal rotation and playing time complaints they all keep getting injured. Two players getting injured pr. match make it really hard to leave room for strategic subs.

Sold Davy Klasssen, he seemed really odd with his stats, can't score, but is only good at being a shadow striker... He seems strangely easy to sell and for 15m.

Gylfi broke towards the end of season, he get 6.2 scores no matter where I play him. I guess my game plan doesn't suit him or something.

The biggest mistake was not getting a striker that doesn't get injured every other game. Get someone like Celtic's Moussa Dembëlë, I think he is the best possible striker buy in game for Everton, Kasper is just yet another medical expense. Had quite a bit of luck with Oumar scoring and winning me games, when I had a bit of overachieving going.

For defender Axel Tuenzebe is fantastic (Arsenal Hot Prospect, so I got him on a loan) He is young and nervous at first, but if you can give him some matches to grow a bit of hair on his chest, he will be strong enough mentally to be your main defender, with the others rotating in when they aren't injured.

I got Dembele, he is doing well for me. Him and Sandro up front together are pretty dangerous, both quick technical players. Agree with Klaasen and Rooney. Siggy is doing well for me as a SS behind the front 2. How are you playing him?

12 minutes ago, QuassoRP said:

After a very up and down mid season I decided to change my tactics and TIs. I took off a lot of specific instructions like pass into space, look for overlap, shorter passing etc and just gave the team more freedom to play. I left them with the instructions close down much more, work ball into box, be more expressive and prevent short GK distribution and this really did revive my season. 

Already out of the Carabao cup, sitting 14th in the league and bottom of my EURO group I felt I had nothing to lose. Story short without my screenshots I managed to finish a healthy 7th in the league and win the EURO cup beating PSG in the semi 4-3 on aggregate along the way and a very comfortable 3-1 over Zenit in the final.

Sandro also finished as my top scorer with 26 playing as a poacher.

In the summer of season 2 I was trusted with around £110m to spend and I offloaded a lot of players I considered deadwood or who were unable to fight for a place and brought in the likes of Berardi, Fekir, Upamecano, Lemos and Marcos Llorente to really strengthen my side whilst also missing out on a few very good due to wages like Paco Alcacer and Andre Gomes. 

Really happy with my squad and looking forward to seeing what I can do this season.

Well done on winning the Euro Cup, was this in your first season? That's pretty great! And now CL football too.

Quick update on my game, we made it through to the next round of the FA Cup, beating Leeds 3-1 in the home replay. We also have a nice draw against Lincoln at home now, so hopefully will be in the Quarters. As I said before, being out of the other 2 cups before  I even took over, I am really looking forward to a good run in the FA Cup.

We've also won 3 on the trot in the league for the first time, and are now up to 9th in the table, from 19th in November when I came in. However, still not happy with the tactics, we are more stumbling through games rather than dominating. That said, we are on a 12 match unbeaten run, but next up in the league is no other than Liverpool at home.

Sandro is out injured for a while, but Calvert-Lewin has really stepped up in his absence, and Siggy & Barkley also chipping in well. Also, Coleman suffered another bad injury so I did a last minute transfer on deadline day in Jan for Di Sciglio on loan from Juve. Rotating him and Naughton on the right.

Gueye is a beast, Man City are sniffing about him hoping I will be able to hold on.

30 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Well done on winning the Euro Cup, was this in your first season? That's pretty great! And now CL football too.

Thanks mate. Yeah was in the first season so I'm made up with that! Didn' have a tricky run up to the final apart from PSG but was delighted to beat them. 

Be very interesting to see how we fare in the CL.

31 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Quick update on my game, we made it through to the next round of the FA Cup, beating Leeds 3-1 in the home replay. We also have a nice draw against Lincoln at home now, so hopefully will be in the Quarters. As I said before, being out of the other 2 cups before  I even took over, I am really looking forward to a good run in the FA Cup.

We've also won 3 on the trot in the league for the first time, and are now up to 9th in the table, from 19th in November when I came in. However, still not happy with the tactics, we are more stumbling through games rather than dominating. That said, we are on a 12 match unbeaten run, but next up in the league is no other than Liverpool at home.

Sandro is out injured for a while, but Calvert-Lewin has really stepped up in his absence, and Siggy & Barkley also chipping in well. Also, Coleman suffered another bad injury so I did a last minute transfer on deadline day in Jan for Di Sciglio on loan from Juve. Rotating him and Naughton on the right.

Gueye is a beast, Man City are sniffing about him hoping I will be able to hold on.

Sounds like you've really steadied the ship and doing a good job. Dembele is a top signing and fingers crossed you manage to keep hold of Gueye he really is a good player again on this version. 

What tactics are you playing? Still similar to your previous post?

EPISODE 1

First season recap: FA Cup winners, finished 3rd, Quarter final in League Cup, Quarter final in Europa

SECOND SEASON:

our season was coming to an end and we only had swansea away and arsenal home games left, and we could easily been the champions just with a win at swansea..

but no.. everton likes it difficult and stressful!

we lost against swansea!

last games were Chelsea vs Tottenham & Everton vs Arsenal

Chelsea won 1-0 with a penalty..

that meant we had to win, even a draw was useless! the game started with 0-1 Arsenal leading..

half time 1-1.. full time 5-1 Barkley (3) Dolberg (2)

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS ON GOAL DIFFERENCE :) 

You can see my league table, transfers, and the most frequently used line up for this victorious season! 

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 06.57.22.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 16.42.33.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 16.43.03.png

Archived